• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

b_dubb

i mailed his email account and never received a message indicating that address no longer exists.  so as far as i can tell (and i'm a professional web designer/developer so i know how all those wacky internet technologies) his address at mindspring is still good

Scully

Quote from: anagrammy on March 17, 2011, 12:14:07 AM
The one that went through was a gmail I tried on a hunch.  Might not even be our ArtBell, but what the heck--worth a try.  It was highly gratifying writing it, I must say.

Anagrammy

I took the fact that Anagrammy's email to Art's mindspring address didn't go through as meaning that it was bounced back to her as undeliverable.  I hope I was wrong.

Anagrammy, what's the story on this?

Marc.Knight

I feel kinda dumb.  I am watching "Contact" right now, and one of the lines in the movie is "Wanna take a ride?" [the rich benefactor who builds the second transport machine] 

This movie was a favorite of Art's, so he must have borrowed that line and applied it to his show.  Have I been the only one in the dark about this? :-\

there's a show that i have somewhere and must be on the stream during which "ride my seesaw" is playing him in from a break and he explains that the song reminded him of the movie/"wanna take a ride" line and so he asked ross mitchell to use it.

also, dr. reed/rutter's first message to art started "Hey Art, Wanna take a ride?"

that might be the show where he explains it.

Interesting observation Agent Scully, thanks for clarifying your deduction...

YNOT

Hi all,
     First post here. I've been following this thread and some on fantastic forums since Art split.
I've been a staunch AB fan since September 1997 when I first heard. From then on my homepage was
www.artbell.com...oh the good ole days...

Anyways, this thread has been very entertaining as well as a bit of balm for the emotional void we are experiencing. Its nearly impossible to explain to "outsiders" why a radio personality leaving can be so devastating. But really Art Bell has been so much more than just a voice over the airwaves. Many here have already expressed such sentiments so I won't bother. 

Two things I wanted to post.

1) Thanks for this forum. I'm not much of a forum poster as a rule, but I felt it was time for a simple Thanks to this forum. It's like a piece of flotsam after a shipwreck and we're rats stuck on it...

2) I was just browsing the Fantastic forum and wanted to relay this INTERESTING reply from Art:
dated 3/18 at 2:22am

Hi there,

We are not glowing here, more radiation is on the way to North America than here so all is well.

There may be a change in the works, more on that as it unfolds

The Bells are all well and Asia finished her first year of school
today with a show put on by the school.

Art, Airyn & Asia

YNOT

So what could it mean? "A change in the Works" ?
"more on this as it unfolds?!!?"

So now even Art is adding speculative fuel to the fire... I think Art may have added another 30 pages of life to this forum. lol

Marc.Knight

Quote from: YNOT on March 18, 2011, 06:48:54 AM
Hi all,
     First post here. I've been following this thread and some on fantastic forums since Art split.
I've been a staunch AB fan since September 1997 when I first heard. From then on my homepage was

Anyways, this thread has been very entertaining as well as a bit of balm for the emotional void we are experiencing. Its nearly impossible to explain to "outsiders" why a radio personality leaving can be so devastating. But really Art Bell has been so much more than just a voice over the airwaves. Many here have already expressed such sentiments so I won't bother. 

1) Thanks for this forum. I'm not much of a forum poster as a rule, but I felt it was time for a simple Thanks to this forum. It's like a piece of flotsam after a shipwreck and we're rats stuck on it...

2) I was just browsing the Fantastic forum and wanted to relay this INTERESTING reply from Art:

Hi there,

We are not glowing here, more radiation is on the way to North America than here so all is well.

Art, Airyn & Asia

I would love to read a letter from Art that says:

"I'm replacing numb-nuts.  Let's take a ride...."

wow. something's brewing...

anagrammy

Quote from: Scully on March 17, 2011, 02:55:54 PM

I took the fact that Anagrammy's email to Art's mindspring address didn't go through as meaning that it was bounced back to her as undeliverable.  I hope I was wrong.

Anagrammy, what's the story on this?

Alas, Scully, it was "mailbox too full".  So it's still there, but he's not.

A

anagrammy

Hi all,

Hi there,

Art, Airyn & Asia

Thanks for that very informative post and congratulations on your transition from lurker to poster. Welcome!  We needed a mole over their at Fantastic Forum since none of us can climb on that train.  Since I am the queen of baseless speculation and keep my many fans entertained with what could be, should be, might be, might have been, and all it's relations, I lead you now to the House of Anagrammy Speculation:

BMD wisely reminded me back on the 13th that Art might be offended if I suggested he didn't know the Phillipines are an unsafe place in the world.  So, I took this advice and eliminated that portion of my letter, certainly not wanting to patronize Art in the least.  Which is where I take off here.... I am thinking that Art has analyzed and discussed, remote viewed (hell no, he is NOT afraid), prognosticated, crystal-skull-gazed, or Star-Child consulted, or just talked to scientists and noticed that he is living in the geological asshole of the world.  There could be worse places...but probably not.

Since the radio show he loved became a radioactive mutant of its former self, Art would like his posterity in the form of little Asia and the woman he loves who is very young--they need to survive.  Art has the means and the talent to take them to safety and I don't see anything keeping him from doing that.  Mama doesn't want Areyn to go?  Fine, Mama can come too, and anyone else in the family. 

After letting us know that his "child" is going it's own way, I'm betting Art is putting something new together with his producer pals and Whitley Streiber.  Who, by the way, can hardly stomach the Noron because he has to carry the whole damn show.  Noron doesn't make a contribution and I don't know about you, but when I'm with someone who cannot add a shred to the conversation, afterward I feel exhausted.  I want a cigarette, and I don't even smoke!  So if we add up all the guests who have produced the long silence of "Mother of God the guy is a DOPE and how can I graciously respond" nature and divide them b the times Streiber has said, "...and now the LEGENDARY, ICONIC George Noory,"  we get the total loss of listeners between January 1st and now.

So, I agree that these occasional Art quotings, while having the feel sometimes of Elvis sightings, do add actual gas to a thread which tends to run on fumes.

WE NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!!!!

Anagramm

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: haloedorchid on March 15, 2011, 02:58:14 PM
I haven't listened to any of his coverage about the Japan disasters, but I sincerely hope he isn't using their crisis to further his end-of-the-world-2012 horseshit.
this.  ^^^^^

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: donniedarko on March 16, 2011, 12:29:58 AM
so Art is never gonna even guest host again ever?  :'(
it looks that way.  sorry bro.

MV/Liberace!

Hi there,

Art, Airyn & Asia

hey, thanks for posting this over here.  i just got tingly.

Fly By Night

QuoteThere may be a change in the works, more on that as it unfolds

Wow- that speak volumes.

I think that even if Art was planning on retiring for good, the events in Egypt, Libya, and Japan were just too much to keep him away from the radio.

My question is does he start a new show, or does he go back to C2C to take on Snoory from Snoory's own  borrowed backyard? Everyone is thinking that he may go another way, but if C2C put big $$$$ on the table than why would Art not take back what is his? Even if it was only weekends, it would be less work than starting a new show, it's familiar and it would be a big payday since I'm sure premier wants Art back.

Art, have a nice glass of Riunite D'oro and a stogy, then tell us what you are planning. Enough cloak and dagger already!

FortRock

WELL, WELL, WELL! When Art talks change, you know what that means! Change = Revolution in the Art Bell vocabulary! Your right, the world is wwwaaayyy to active for Art to stay away from the airwaves! Art has been reading our posts here, guarenteed! He's even speaking our language about change in late-night radio, and Art knows he's the change agent! Art may even be thinking about the Pahrump Option, after all he hinted about not wanting a Glow-In-The-Dark Asia! It's time to watch George Knapp like a proverbial hawk, starting this weekend! CHANGE AGENT?, Well George Noory needs to check that resume! And you know I still cannot get ahold of Alan Corbeth, wonder if he's taken an extended vacation in Manila, great seafood I hear! The Noory Bass is very tasty!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Fort Rock on March 18, 2011, 05:53:56 PM
WELL, WELL, WELL! When Art talks change, you know what that means! Change = Revolution in the Art Bell vocabulary! Your right, the world is wwwaaayyy to active for Art to stay away from the airwaves! Art has been reading our posts here, guarenteed! He's even speaking our language about change in late-night radio, and Art knows he's the change agent! Art may even be thinking about the Pahrump Option, after all he hinted about not wanting a Glow-In-The-Dark Asia! It's time to watch George Knapp like a proverbial hawk, starting this weekend! CHANGE AGENT?, Well George Noory needs to check that resume! And you know I still cannot get ahold of Alan Corbeth, wonder if he's taken an extended vacation in Manila, great seafood I hear! The Noory Bass is very tasty!

You're completely correct about that.

Fly By Night

Oh Art is coming and coming with thunder.

First he made a loosely clandestine  bitch slap against Snoory when he talked about his Baby going ape sh*t.

Now he is talking about a change in the works.

As I watch the NCAA right now I just see a bunch of George Noorys in Boston U shirts getting slaughtered by a bunch of Art Bells in Kansas gear ---sorry for those of you that don't watch college B-Ball. Welcome back Art

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Fly By Night on March 18, 2011, 06:36:27 PM

As I watch the NCAA right now I just see a bunch of George Noorys in Boston U shirts getting slaughtered by a bunch of Art Bells in Kansas gear ---sorry for those of you that don't watch college B-Ball. Welcome back Art

I think you're being too generous to Noory. IMO, the NCAA Div 1 team that Noory resembles is Centenary. They were 1-29 this year...

Scully

YNOT, you're a hero! So Art has given us more reason to hope. Maybe there IS a balm in Gilead.

It seems only logical to me that Art would want to get his little one further away from those clouds of radiation that are likely to develop. I wish he wouldn't be so mysterious, but then that's part of his charm.

Thanks to Anagrammy for clearing up the "mailbox full" issue.  I still wonder, though, why Art isn't reading his email from fans.

Guildnavigator has posted Crystal Gayle's "Ready for the Times to Get Better" on the Art Bell Music thread. Feels right to me for all us Coastgabbers.  ;) 

Very VERY interesting development.

Right now my hopes are for at least a semi-regular podcast from Art. That seems the most reasonable option to me. It would definitely provide him with enough downtime to take care of real life between shows.

Welcome to the forum YNOT! Great way to make a dramatic entrance!

coastfan

I would welcome a podcast from Art, but I would miss the open lines.

Quote from: coastfan on March 19, 2011, 01:52:06 AM
I would welcome a podcast from Art, but I would miss the open lines.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that he would too...

ourobouros2k2

Master of teasing suspense...

You get the feeling he is just dying to announce something.

Great news! Again, this thread will not die. I think of it as leaving the light on for Art, a continuing vigil until a return to the airwaves of some sort happens. Naive perhaps, but sure looks like something is in the works :)

FortRock

My Portland/KEX source has told me that Art Bell MIGHT even reclaim the hosting duties on Coast on a weeknight basis. There is a full-scale rebellion between affiliates and Clear Channel, even with Clear Channel's own stations. Ratings have dropped as low as a snake in a road culvert amongst young educated college graduates. If you think the core of that Japanese Nuclear Plant is HOT, try the heat of management/affiliate realations! Clear Channel is about to lose control of Coast, OR has already done so!! In fact, the reason that you've seen Whitley Strieber so much lately is evidence of this. Art may be in control of the schedule as Executive Producer right now! He will work Monday through Friday, and Whitley Strieber will take over from Ian Punnett on Saturdays, and George Knapp will expand to all Sundays is the scenario the stations acting with Art are perhaps demanding, and getting! Coast MAY be turning back to it's own production company with Kraig Kitchen as Talent Producer and Alan Corbeth as Business Producer, and Art as Executive Producer! Art will set the rules of operation for the whole empire!

IU Jacob

I really hope there is truth to all that. 
A more than welcome change, though I don't understand the reasons behind removing Ian, (be it on-air talent) I guess it makes sense if he is under contract with Clear Channel. Whitley Streiber and his wife are not exactly people I'm excited about hearing on the radio every Saturday, but if that's what comes with the return of Art, I'm not about to complain too much. The idea that it may going back to it's own production company is also really exciting.

Fly By Night

Fort Rock I think you and I are on the same page. Art has retired before and as we all know he always came back to C2C. It's his, plain and simple. Snoory is on borrowed time. Even if Snoory has a contract, those are made to be broken. Art is smart enough to say I'm done with Coast for good, walk away, all while knowing that producers will wave big $$$ at him for a return. My guess is he may have even created an illusion that he was going to start a new show to scare C2C executives even more into making Art a deal that he can't refuse.
With the world falling into a shithole,  I hope that Art will put his return on the fasttrack

Marc.Knight

Perhaps others, like myself, heard the Nooron say a few weeks ago that he wrote Art a very long letter, and never got a response.  That speaks volumes to me.