• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 07, 2015, 09:15:16 PM
I'm taking the minority position on this, too. I love the long, long summer evenings. Purely selfish reasons, but there's nothing I love more than sitting outside in the summer evenings.

I love it too but it's hard for me to get the kids to go to bed and explain that it's night when it's still light outside.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Art Bell on March 07, 2015, 09:13:49 PM
I noticed that Dave logged in here just two minutes after his show last night but did not post, I am thinking he took a fast look around and backed away slowly. What a loss.

Looking for his pal Falkie I bet.

Heather Wade

I noticed that Dave logged in here just two minutes after his show last night but did not post, I am thinking he took a fast look around and backed away slowly. What a loss.

He was trying to get in on the Top Secret info.   8) 
Hope no one spilled it to any Davebots, I sure didn't.

Marc.Knight

he's a glutton for punishment.

Art_s Farts

Probably to see if one of his Davebots sent him "The Plan"

Quote from: nika01 on March 07, 2015, 08:59:17 PM
Thanks for the clarification, if only Dave would have let the explanation go on....
Since you appear to understand these things, what keeps may from slipping into september then (with regards to the seasons).
Are other adjustments being made?

Yeah that is a constant annoyance with George.  It would have been nice if the guest had a chance to explain what he was trying to say. 

The ancients used to have problems with seasons slipping around because they didn't know to adjust for the extra quarter day every year.  It's not perfectly a quarter day so every 400 years (like in 2000) leap year is not observed and that gets things pretty close.  They also add a second here or there to make up for the slowing of Earth's rotation.  I typed in my numbers a little wrong before but have corrected them.

I don't think the precession of the equinoxes should affect seasons.  The wobble isn't that big, so star positions migrate over millenia but it shouldn't affect the overall way the Earth is oriented with respect to the Sun (ie/ seasons) so I guess I can't answer your question.

nika01

If only there were an intelligence test for logging in....

jazmunda

They'll let anybody use the internet these days.

Battleborn

Now that I know what is coming in July, I don't think that Dave has to worry too much about daylight saving time. I have a feeling that very soon he will be able to get to bed much earlier than he is used to. :)

lonevoice

He often lurks without logging in.  Last night he was refreshing his screen on bellgab often enough to catch a post he thought someone here would be insulted by.  He sent it to him in a PM to make sure he saw it and got all riled up.  Dave - sewing the seeds of discord on Bellgab...in between spying on Art Bell and queuing up bumper music he hopes will annoy him.

Edited to Add:  I show him last logged on:
Last Active: Today at 12:02:41 AM

That's pacific time.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Battleborn on March 07, 2015, 09:22:46 PM
Now that I know what is coming in July, I don't think that Dave has to worry too much about daylight saving time. I have a feeling that very soon he will be able to get to bed much earlier than he is used to. :)

Yes, very soon every day will be Saturday for ol' Dave.

Quote from: jazmunda on March 07, 2015, 09:17:46 PM
I love it too but it's hard for me to get the kids to go to bed and explain that it's night when it's still light outside.

I know, I know. Been there, done that and trust me "All your friends are in bed" doesn't work.  :P

DelphiDreams

It is refreshing to see that old boring George Noory sucks thread disappear and be replaced with Art Bell all over when I come into bellgab. This makes me smile!

Art_s Farts

I can see Dave right now sitting in his shitty little apartment all liqoured up in his wife-beater and tighty whities, while wearing his crown, drunkingly singing "We are the Champions" and continually muttering "I'm the King"

HK-50

Quote from: Battleborn on March 07, 2015, 09:22:46 PM

"He's winding down folks; he's winding down..."

;)

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Art_s Farts on March 07, 2015, 09:30:32 PM
I can see Dave right now sitting in his shitty little apartment all liqoured up in his wife-beater and tighty whities, while wearing his crown, drunkingly singing "We are the Champions" and continually muttering "I'm the King"

Probably looks a lot like this pic of Saddam, but the dust on his fingers is turmeric... and not Doritos.

DelphiDreams

Recent posts should all be dedicated to Art Bell. To hell with all else. :)

IcicleTrepan

some of these posts make me think of the sand kings building effigies to Art :)

Producer-Paul

Quote from: jazmunda on March 07, 2015, 09:21:57 PM
They'll let anybody use the internet these days.

Or anything...

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 07, 2015, 09:20:33 PM
Yeah that is a constant annoyance with George.  It would have been nice if the guest had a chance to explain what he was trying to say. 

The ancients used to have problems with seasons slipping around because they didn't know to adjust for the extra quarter day every year.  It's not perfectly a quarter day so every 400 years (like in 2000) leap year is not observed and that gets things pretty close.  They also add a second here or there to make up for the slowing of Earth's rotation.  I typed in my numbers a little wrong before but have corrected them.

I don't think the precession of the equinoxes should affect seasons.  The wobble isn't that big, so star positions migrate over millenia but it shouldn't affect the overall way the Earth is oriented with respect to the Sun (ie/ seasons) so I guess I can't answer your question.

Ah sorry, looks like I was wrong about the seasons.   :-[ I guess they do rotate on a 26000 year precession cycle.  I don't know, I'm confused now.

I think Dave is currently listening to SOMEWHERE in TIME, getting angry with each passing thunder clap.. HE is thinking about how much better he is than Art, how he controls the airwaves better, allows more opinions, and as he said on NIGHTMARE, runs the 'gamut'..
But he's also coyly writing down some new bumper music to use based on what Art did on October 10, 1996..
And then he will listen to LISA GARR's new age enlightenment for a few minutes, turn her off like millions of other people.
Turn off his radio..
Throw in some pizza rolls and, probably, avoid the turkey sammich ..
He will start his show 'prep' for tomorrow's big guest from the eBible fellowship club..
And he will think he is doing perfectly fine and dandy.

I really think he will.

Meanwhile,
My website has become the subject of a DNS attack tonight.. I called Godaddy and the fine folks there--some may hate them but I never had trouble--told me that they were going to investigate things.
I noticed lots of hits on Google analytics from LA lately. I am not alleging anything.
I don't think. I don't want to get the FAULKIE syndrome and think what I do matters.. but hey who knows these days.
Anything is possible. No coincidences.

jazmunda

Quote from: Paul on March 07, 2015, 09:36:56 PM
Or anything...

Well I didn't want to be rude. George's grandkids visit the site ya know. ;)

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Marc.Knight on March 07, 2015, 09:42:54 PM
Jesus.

http://youtu.be/2D_ARQaqT7c

Elvis is turning enough rpm's in his grave to light all of Memphis for months.

nika01

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 07, 2015, 09:37:33 PM
Ah sorry, looks like I was wrong about the seasons.   :-[ I guess they do rotate on a 26000 year precession cycle.  I don't know, I'm confused now.

That's good ! Otherwise I would have been living a deluded life for quite a while. I suppose its worthwhile me taking some time to thoroughly research it.

The main point does look valid, that humans screwing with how time is kept remove them from feeling the rhythm of the universe.

phrodo

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 07, 2015, 09:34:21 PM

Probably looks a lot like this pic of Saddam, but the dust on his fingers is turmeric... and not Doritos.

I bet Tommie has an enlarged/engorged copy of that - poster sized - on the ceiling above his bed.

lonevoice

Aww.  Crystal Gale has picked up 250 likes on facebook since Art posted about her yesterday.   :)