• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Catsmile

You put the link between the image tags. Like so. {img} Image Link {/img}

[img]HyperText Transfer Protocol(HTTP) colon(:) forward slash forward slash (//) World Wide Web(WWW)(Dubya Dubya Dubya)dot(.) web address here dot(.) commercial(com)[/img]

Producer-Paul

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 01, 2015, 09:30:31 PM
We'd still love to hear from you.  Is this a no?   ???

I'd love to call in if I ever read the invite when the show is on.
;D

Heather Wade

Door's always open to you, Mr Paul. 

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 01, 2015, 09:12:40 PM
I'd pay $10 to film that and put it on You Tube. ;D

My talents are worth much more my friend!  :)

What's that stink I smell? Oh yeah...

It's gonna be a long 90 days. :'(

cweb

As a sidenote, I went to the grocery store tonight hoping to get some damn Vanilla Coke. They only had diet.

So I tried Vanilla Pepsi instead. Blech.

{Insert your own Noory joke here.}

Quote from: cweb on March 01, 2015, 10:09:41 PM
As a sidenote, I went to the grocery store tonight hoping to get some damn Vanilla Coke. They only had diet.

So I tried Vanilla Pepsi instead. Blech.

{Insert your own Noory joke here.}

If Noory had been Jesus, he would have only been able to turn water into Vanilla Pepsi.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 01, 2015, 10:13:24 PM
If Noory had been Jesus, he would have only been able to turn water into Vanilla Pepsi.

Flat Diet Vanilla Pepsi, past the expiration date. With rust on the can. And a broken pop top.

bateman

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 01, 2015, 10:26:14 PM
Flat Diet Vanilla Pepsi, past the expiration date. With rust on the can. And a broken pop top.

Does this taste different than regular Pepsi?

Art Bell

Here is a Time Travel question, if we were able to put together the silly amount of power it would require to send only one man back to the time of Jesus to observe the events of his life and then return to report the events without bias, who would you send and would you make it a Man of Science or a man of Faith?

Art

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on March 01, 2015, 10:38:11 PM
Here is a Time Travel question, if we were able to put together the silly amount of power it would require to send only one man back to the time of Jesus to observe the events of his life and then return to report the events without bias, who would you send and would you make it a Man of science or a man of Faith?

Art

Definitely a man of science. Probably best not to send a fanboi.

WhiteCrow

Here is a Time Travel question, if we were able to put together the silly amount of power it would require to send only one man back to the time of Jesus to observe the events of his life and then return to report the events without bias, who would you send and would you make it a Man of science or a man of Faith?

Art

Isn't everyone bias.

A man of science...  Richard C. Hoagland

pyewacket

Art

Interesting question, Art! I'd have to go with a man of science. A man of faith may have too many preconceived ideas that would affect his observations. Plus, he would have more riding on the outcome.

Here is a Time Travel question, if we were able to put together the silly amount of power it would require to send only one man back to the time of Jesus to observe the events of his life and then return to report the events without bias, who would you send and would you make it a Man of Science or a man of Faith?

Art

Good question. My initial response is man of science, but I think I'd send a man of faith, just not the Judeo-Christian faith, perhaps someone like the Dalai Lama who would be without bias either for or against.

Art Bell

A Man of Science would be tempted to explain the impossible with some kind of technical wording before ever admitting the impossible, right?

Art

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 01, 2015, 10:52:17 PM
Good question. My initial response is man of science, but I think I'd send a man of faith, just not the Judeo-Christian faith, perhaps someone like the Dalai Lama who would be without bias either for or against.

Yikes... Dalai Lama not bias... he's got you snowed

Battleborn

Art

I think I would choose an author who is great at recounting historical events, someone like Gordon Wood or David McCullough. I think that they would not only objectively observe the events of the time, but also be able to recount them in vivid detail. I guess that would be a choice for a Man of Science, but my hope would be that they would just present the facts of what happened and let us draw our own conclusions.

jazmunda

Quote from: jazmunda on March 01, 2015, 10:45:25 PM
Definitely a man of science. Probably best not to send a fanboi.

Actually I'm changing my answer to an atheist accountant.

Art Bell

Seems to me a Man of Faith could never come home and report something that would destroy it.

Art

ManiacMatt

Art

Either man would work as long as he is logical and reasonable.  The science guy could be just as biased as the "fanboy".  Obviously, some Christians rationalize anything to their point of view, but I know many who call themselves Christian but actually study (not just read) and question what is written in the bible. IMHO either type of man works as long as he can be rational and accept whatever he sees regardless of background or bias.  Everyone is biased to some degree.

morgana213

Quote from: Art Bell on March 01, 2015, 10:53:22 PM
A Man of Science would be tempted to explain the impossible with some kind of technical wording before ever admitting the impossible, right?

Art

Agreed, so vetting would need to be done to choose a person who is open to the occurrence of the seemingly impossible. Perhaps a theoretical physicist, someone like Michio Kaku.

Art Bell

Michio would just come home and say he met a type 3 guy.

Art

WhiteCrow

Art

Yep... Assuming that Jesus wasn't, his day's version of a Spock charactor and was mythologized after his death.

pyewacket

Art

I don't have a problem believing that there is something greater than us. I would rather an accurate assessment of what actually happened rather than a faith based one.

ManiacMatt

Quote from: Art Bell on March 01, 2015, 10:57:48 PM
Seems to me a Man of Faith could never come home and report something that would destroy it.

Art

I think many would.  It would free up their time on Sundays. ;D

Art

Yeah, because you can be biased against as well as for. There are actually Episcopal bishops who admit the distinct possibility that there wasn't a resurrection, and yet remain followers because they believe in the message if not the divinity of the man. I guess for a Christian that's as unbiased as you're likely to get. Or, someone like Bart Ehrman who is a biblical scholar but an agnostic because the inconsistencies he found during his scholarship rocked his faith. I think someone like him might be the kind of person who really would want to get to the truth.

sydtron

Art

I love this question. Its like our own private "open lines"!!

Obviously send a terminator.   Not to kill, mind you. But to observe.  Butterfly effect anyone?