• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jescot

Yep, Knapp confirmed it for us:  Art is done  :'(   It's so sad that it all had to end with bad vibes.  I suppose he just didn't like the direction the show was taking.  It's definitely not as edgey as it was when Art was host.

Thanks to Art, late-night paranormal radio has become quite the phenom.  Art's exuberant voice got me through alot of rough nights and I will miss him dearly.

As for me, I'll keep listening to Coast simply because of the subject matter.  I don't think Art has written his fans off and I think he would want us to continue in our paranormal endeavors.

Art, I wish you the best of luck in all that you do.  Life is short...Enjoy your lovely family in your retirement!  WELL DONE!!   :D

KMKMKM

scored a signed copy of The Art of Talk for like 12 bucks on ebay yesterday ;D

someguy

It's weird he's quitting for good. Talk radio guys never give it up. I mean Howard Stern just signed for 5 more years. Talk radio guys just never stay away, they love it too much.

Merchant Gal

Mentioned somewhere above is Doug McIntyre's Red Eye Radio, as an alternate to Snorry.  Here is a link to Doug's website.  Lo and behold, there is a ststion listed for him that I can receive.

http://dougmcintyreonline.com/

fabucat

Quote from: b_dubb on January 23, 2011, 10:29:24 PM

very nice voice.  i wish i'd grown up next door.  instead of in a cornfield in ohio.  ugh

Don't dis the fact that you're from Ohio, dude.  Be true to your roots!

Quote from: aquagoat on January 24, 2011, 01:45:42 AM
For anyone seeking alternative listening, there's a coupla interesting shows from here in the Great White North (snowbound Toronto)
First is    http://www.richardsyrett.com/     Richard Syrett actually once hosted an Open lines Friday C2C on about an hours notice - a very interesting dude if the Illuminati conspiracy is your thing,
Second is A View From Space hosted by -- wait for it --- "The Spaceman"" (and sadly, no, it isn;t baseball's Bill Lee) - http://www.640toronto.com/HostsandShows/AViewFromSpace.aspx  ---- still Gary Bell runs a fun ship for the few hours he squeezez in every weekend.

Rick

PS - Anagrammy - great songbird you've had leave the nest.  Talk her into coming up north - I'd suggest a club name of Hugh;s Room - would be just the ticket, ambience wise for her Shannon McNally tinged sound (but definetely a distinct sound she has this Beth of yours -- evocative not imitative).

Both excellent shows, and hosts. I sometimes catch the Spaceman after Leafs broadcasts on Talk 640.

On the subject of other hosts, looks like Rob Simone is back this Friday.  I didn't love his first show over the Christmas break, but thought he was a step up from Noory.  I'll certainly give him another listen, anyhow.

PS - looks like a nice cottage - Kawarthas?

b_dubb

Quote from: fabucat on January 24, 2011, 09:34:33 AM
Don't dis the fact that you're from Ohio, dude.  Be true to your roots!

dissing the cornfield really

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: someguy on January 24, 2011, 05:40:32 AM
It's weird he's quitting for good. Talk radio guys never give it up. I mean Howard Stern just signed for 5 more years. Talk radio guys just never stay away, they love it too much.

That and the fact that it's Art Bell, king of crazy retirements

So, I'm by no means holding my breath, however, it would not surprise me to one day pop onto the Gab, and see Art Bell in a new audio form show up.

Quote from: anagrammy on January 22, 2011, 05:02:17 PM
Mother of God!  I am the evil twin of Mary Matalin and have been found out on the INTERNET (DRAT!)  Separated at birth, I was raised by a Columbian mother and a Euro-American business tycoon, exploding out of the nest to become (long story) a card-carrying Kucinich-loving Democrat Buddhist/agnostic living in Berkeley, CA.  You see me dancing at my youngest daughter's wedding and we are no longer Mormon, so I am not carrying the bride. 

Also, as her polar opposite, I am a fast-talker. 

Anagrammy

You're good!

ourobouros2k2

I thought Simone did an excellent job. Despite only hearing him one time, I wish he would replace Noory full time. He was articulate and engaging, and I bet once he finds his traction with coast he will be one of the better hosts the show has seen. In absence of Art, he would do imho.

anagrammy

Can somebody post the last show Simone posted?  I don't remember him.

Tks, folks,

Anagrammy

ArtBellFan

Rob Simone hosted on 12-28-10

Guest host Rob Simone (email) welcomed David Wilcock for his analysis of the Bosnian Pyramid (video clips) and other ancient monuments, as well as his new physics theory of how they were built by "altering" matter. There is a prevalence of ancient structures around the world aligned on the same grid, he said, citing such examples as the 1,776 pyramids on the Philippines' Chocolate Hills, the earthen mounds built by the Mound Builders in the United States, and the lost pyramids of Italy. Pyramids have also been discovered in China, but the government there has been secretive about them, he added.

First hour guest, Semir Osmanagich, Ph.D., the discoverer of the ancient pyramidal complex in Bosnia, discussed unique aspects to the structures.

Excellent interview, here it is for download.

[attachment deleted by admin]

aquagoat

:) :) :)  Real Cool Daddio said: "Both excellent shows, and hosts. I sometimes catch the Spaceman after Leafs broadcasts on Talk 640.

On the subject of other hosts, looks like Rob Simone is back this Friday.  I didn't love his first show over the Christmas break, but thought he was a step up from Noory.  I'll certainly give him another listen, anyhow.

PS - looks like a nice cottage - Kawarthas?" :) :) :)

»AND the Aquagoat replies: " Yup - you pegged it .... quaint setting of about 8 rental cabins aroung Cobiconk called Pine Point.  Pic is from 2006 -- word is the setting is on the block, looking for a Million or so . . . so whaddya say, wanna go partners>?"

- Rick

PS -- guess I should read up on the functionality of the site so's I can do all the cut n paste, pic here/pic there stuff in the right proper way.

heater

forgive me for being slow, but if I understand the news as broken on this forum: Knapp confirmed that Art has retired without any fanfare, but is welcome on the show at any time?  Ian is reducing his time on the air due to health reasons just after saying how excited he is to do the follow up New Years prediction show in 2011?  Have they announced who the fill-in for Ian will be?  Has anyone been in contact with the team over at TMZ to sort this out yet? Can I come up with any more questions or is this the end? 

Was it a Portal?Do you think it was Angels?Could this have anything to do with Hopi Prophecy?2012?NASA conspiracy!?!Perhaps this explains the massive Bee die-off?How about them birds falling from the sky?Could this be the disclosure we're looking for?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on January 24, 2011, 11:17:02 AM

dissing the cornfield really
sometimes there are strange little things people type on this forum that cause me to gut-laugh.  it's always unpredictable, and i can never explain to myself why i find something to be funny... but this was one of those lines.  holy shit.

b_dubb

MV ... glad i could provide the impetus for another gut laugh

i want to make a prediction -> Israel becomes the 51st state ( of the USA )

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on January 14, 2011, 11:02:13 AM
That was frigging hilarious Valdez and an instant classic. LONG LIVE GEORGE SNOORY! Not........

and it's got boobies!  8)

James G.

Right now, I don't blame Art Bell for giving up his association with what's become of Coast To Coast AM. It's no longer an avenue for critical, true and visionary thinkers. But a way for people to hawk their wares without any opposition. I give it zero credibility, except for the laugh it poses in the name of knowledge in this world.

So sue me. Or say what you want about me. I can use the publicity -- for my own character defamation. I hide nothing from anyone, so I have no issue in presenting myself as a true American -- and a human being.

Next, if he has half a wit -- as I know he does, I expect Mr. Ian Punnett to drop your program as well. George Knapp will probably follow, because I know he's no infomercial host.

Now, Coast To Coast AM provides great humor and has become a source of fair comment and criticism. Again, sue me -- and create publicity -- if you dare publicity or privately challenge my assertion it's nothing but an overnight infomercial.

For example, such at Coast To Coast AM will have to explain Dr. Richard C. Hoagland's claims of being some science adviser. Research him on line sometime. He was a curator of some museum, while persons and organizations that he's claimed to advised have publicity disavowed such claims. Look it up, please.

Such as Mr. Noory fail to ask critical questions of these guests. No wonder, all, Mr. Bell retained his integrity and influenced those like myself who once -- 'once" believed in the program.

As we no longer do. So such for science, and so much for real, objective thinkers -- and journalists.

For every guest that comes on, sir, I suggest they allow another guest equal time. To question and interrogate these guests. But I know, as any infomercial does, they won't.

Enough. I'm tired. Of having people like them mislabel and misjudge true people like me.

These days, Coast To Coast AM sounds like some half-wits that host radio infomercials. No matter what baloney some guest shovels out, it's considered "fascinating," "intriguing," "thought-provoking," and God knows what else.

Enough said.

Mops

Top 10 Reasons Why Art Bell Quit Coast to Coast
#10  No spittoon
#9   Aliens kept drunk dialing
#8   Regular host never cleaned the headphones
#7   Steve Quayle kept getting raptured
#6   Noory’s new pony tail
#5   Ian healed the best guests
#4   Tommy’s bath soap in the water fountain
#3   â€œThe Best of Barbara Simpson”
#2   Clear Channel’s meddling with bumper music *
#1   Wanted to pursue his first love:  calling tennis

*Philosophy of the world - The Shaggs

FortRock

I heard the George Knapp comment myself! It really adds to the drama, as George said "Art is no longer associated with Coast To Coast AM". No statement or intimation of Art's retirement, AT ALL! This sounds much more along the lines of a career divorce than anything. It is time more than at any time to do the suggested monitoring that I've talked about here. Art is not gone, only gone from Coast-Land!

SheilaVG

I know what you mean about the change in his town during G2G. When someone called in and asked Knapp about it the other night, he said, "Art has seperated from (whatever the name of the company is)." The use of the word seperate and the tone in which he said it made me think almost immediately tha for some reason Art got fed up with something or had just had enough and broke all ties with the company. I'd be willing to bet the problem was directly related to Noory. I truely believe, even after all the years of service, Bell was thrown under the bus or in some way shafted and he'd had enough OR it had something to do with the latest threats to his family.

In the past, when Bell had "retired" even if it seemed that this was really it, he'd been allowed ( and I use that word purposely) to post a little something on the site; this time he did not. I truely believe he would have if he could have and I can't believe after all this time this is truely it for him and he didn't say anything on the site

I hardly ever bother listen to Noory either; he's ignorant and I find his shows repetitive, misinforming, and boring so if he has anything to say about all of this, I probably won't know but I can't believe Art is just going to leave everybody hanging. I just get the vibes that this is it for him and it all ended very badly and that Noory had the most to do with it ending badly. :'(

FortRock

Shiela, you noticed something that many haven't here! Art never left a message or did a faarewell show. He's allowed us to all fret and worry about his status, and even call into the program. This is the same agenda followed by Art prior to the demise of the Mike Siegal era of Coast. The only thing changing in the plan is that he'll start another show. There is intent on both sides, the shafting of Art by Clear Channel, and Art disassociating himself with the Mr. and Ms. Shafts of Clear Channel (or as Art calls them the Hot Air). Art would never pick up his marbles and leave without a farewell to his listeners!

Quote from: Fort Rock on January 25, 2011, 04:10:46 PM
Shiela, you noticed something that many haven't here! Art never left a message or did a farewell show... Art would never pick up his marbles and leave without a farewell to his listeners!

Clear Channel might have prevented him from posting something on the web site, but it was his decision not to post anything on Fantastic Forum.

ArtBellFan

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on January 25, 2011, 04:32:47 PM
Clear Channel might have prevented him from posting something on the web site, but it was his decision not to post anything on Fantastic Forum.
I doubt very much that Art wanted to put up anything on Coast, I don't see him posting on FF, I imagine what he thinks he cannot post.  I do think he was thinking of posting when he emailed for his password back in December and obviously decided against it.  If Art is harboring some anger he is not going to air it in public or on FF, that site is watched very carefully by Coast.

Think it is time to move on from all the speculation.

Quote from: aquagoat on January 24, 2011, 07:42:23 PM
Aquagoat replies: " Yup - you pegged it .... quaint setting of about 8 rental cabins aroung Cobiconk called Pine Point.  Pic is from 2006 -- word is the setting is on the block, looking for a Million or so . . . so whaddya say, wanna go partners>?"

- Rick

Sorry, all my money is tied up in LearCapital gold  ;)  (anyone ever wonder if LearCapital is John Lear?)
Plus, I live out west now, making my fortune in the fossil fuel business.  I am renting a place in Shuswap this summer, I'll make sure to post a photo or two when I get back - not as nice as the Kawartha's, but pretty close.

I tend to agree with Art Bell Fan and other's sentiments that if Art had anything to say, he could easily have posted somewhere (or used a publicist, or agent, to send out a press release, sent up smoke signals, whatever), but that he probably doesn't have anything, or at least anything nice, to say right now.  Art is smart enough not to burn any bridges, in case he decides to return when day.  I doubt it though, and for different reasons than have been posted here.

A bit of background - I lived overseas in a tax free jurisdiction, working in a senior capacity for an offshore bank.  Had a beach around the corner from our house, banana trees in our yard, and could golf 10 out of 12 months a year (July and August being too darn hot for golf!)  After 8 years, my wife and I moved back to Canada with our 2 kids (we now have four).  Everyone though we were nuts to leave a tropical paradise where I made twice as much money for the frozen wasteland of Canada.  The only real answer I had was that if we didn't come back then, we would never, ever come back.

Many years ago, probably on an open lines show, Art was discussing his time in Okinawa, and said pretty much the same thing when discussing the ex-pat lifestyle with an American caller who was living overseas.  He (Art) said he was very close to "going native" , and lots of his friends and army buddies did, but he decided he wanted to be an American again.

I think that he has now gone native in the Phillipines.  It's his wife's home, and his daughter's home, and now, it is his home.  Having faced the exact decision myself - where is my family's home? - I get it.  I will miss hearing his voice in the night - I even streamed him during a few hurricanes before the power went out, and he would always have a shout out for his listeners in the carribean - but I understand and respect his decision.

PS - When I left my position at the bank, my staff and colleagues all wanted an explanation, a reason.  Did I hate the new CEO, did I have a problem with the direction of the company, etc.  My answer was pretty simple - "It's time to move on".

b_dubb

Quote from: SheilaVG on January 25, 2011, 01:40:47 PMI truely believe, even after all the years of service, Bell was thrown under the bus or in some way shafted and he'd had enough OR it had something to do with the latest threats to his family.

someone threatened Art's family?  wtf?  that's completely awful. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SheilaVG on January 25, 2011, 01:40:47 PM
I just get the vibes that... Noory had the most to do with it ending badly. :'(
i want to believe this. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ArtBellFan on January 25, 2011, 04:44:03 PMmmmmmm
Think it is time to move on from all the speculation.
but it's sooooooooooo fun!!!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: valdez on January 14, 2011, 08:42:18 AM
     Screwed up schedule due to the southern snow, driving my wife nuts, teaching the cat geometry, and finishing the Hitler Trilogy...

Hitler takes over coast 2 coast
i love the way the translation of "heil hitler" turns out to be "long live george noory."  classic.

FortRock

Let's play a game called "Who Can't Talk, And Why"! There are two people out in radioland who have not "talked" so far; Art Bell and Alan Corbeth. Could Art say goodby in a censored manner on the Coast Website? The answer is yes, BUT we all know Art would not do so! Art can't talk because he'll be censored, and what he'll reveal as to his future (Art will not pull punches) would not please the Noory Mafia! Alan Corbeth can't talk because he's involved in a future project with Art. Both can't talk because Art's Contract Period has not expired yet, remember Art declined renewal and was on the air last in late October! Art has been muzzled for now at the Fantastic Forum because of this contract issue! The quality of program at Coast has declined to laughable status, just like the pajama-wearing Mike Siegal's era. Check the Linda Moulton Howe show for Thursday, just rerun subjects from the last 3 months! We have hit bottom! Let's play a game of "Who Is Listening To Us", just how tapped in is Art when he's not running after Asia? We know Art, we know his keen and razor-sharp intellect! Why are we tapped in so tightly to this thread? Because we know in our hearts and minds that Art and Alan are monitoring our every word! Art has the detective mind-set, and this is evidence of his return!!