• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ourobouros2k2

Quotei'm sick of seeing that porpoise slither out of that el camino.  can we not post that again?  ever?

Must be a Ford man,  ;)

b_dubb

i believe that Ford made the el ranchero and that the el camino was a Chevrolet product.  either way ... there's been enough porpoise

HAL 9000

Quote from: b_dubb on January 20, 2011, 11:15:07 PM...slither out of that el camino.  can we not post that again?  ever?

Clearly, you were distracted by the "flippers" on that porpoise...

That's a Ranchero

anagrammy

Quote from: minnehan on January 19, 2011, 01:38:28 AM
Hal, you are pretty condescending and a real smart-ass, aren't you?

Yes, isn't he great?!!!

Anagrammy

PS.  Tell Art my pole shift calculations indicate that the Philippines will be located in Nevada in 2054.  I'll be waiting......

I think I may have to start tagging stuff with "ART BELL LIVES"

anagrammy

I don't know, Agent Orange, Art might like it better if you hearkened to a return like Jesus, and I think he would enjoy it more if you threw up a REVIVE C2C site, complete with T-shirts emblazoned with

ART IS COMING

Actually, those of us in recovery have crossed the line.  We are now into Houdini land, hoping to have contact with someone who has passed into another realm but promised to keep in touch if it were at all possible.  Since we all know Art's announcement history re: retirement, he would have not gone gently into that good night, but always did it with flares.  So here is my latest speculation, having dried my tears:

Art violated his contract by not completing the 15 shows, so Clear Channel cracked down on his freedom, for example, he must have screeners.  If all was well between AB and CC, there would have been no need to change anything.  Why did they want screeners?  It's obvious to us-- they have to block the anti-Noory calls.  They can't have every other caller saying "WTF was that when George said...or ...."    Art is not going to have CC or anyone tell him what to do at his age and independence.  Also, Noory's put performance puts Art in an even better position, but, hey, our boy doesn't need them.  He is to the paranormal what Howard Stern is to filth.  Without peer.  (OT By the way, Stern sure got owned by Piers Morgan this week, didn't he?  And done with a smile!  LOVE IT)

My career was in law, so I am thinking that Art has a gag clause on his settlement with Clear Channel.  He will say nothing negative about Noory or any other hosts, or express his opinions regarding the management, on and on, and he gets to keep the equipment, they will forfeit his ENORMOUS fine for failure to perform, etc. 

And since he is a celebrity performer with a certain ego (which we expect :), I would make a Las Vegas bet that he reads CoastGab and all the Coast-related blogs with his toast and coffee in the morning. 

Hi Art!  If you are reading this, blink your eyes...

Anagrammy

aquagoat

"Small minds talk about people ==== average minds talk about events ----- great minds speak of ideas"

So _ Hi guys,  any news about Art today?

(and yes - this is SARCASM, in the seld-deprecating mode).

Art started using screeners in 2006, so I don't think that really has anything to do with why he left. It was due to the time difference between Manilla and the US...

OR SO THEY SAID

Quote from: anagrammy on January 20, 2011, 11:11:34 PM
Hmmm Master, please consider another interpretation:  The aliens found a desirable image in your subconscious, one that would keep you slap-happy during your period of missing time.  The superimposition of this image over the normal scaley-bark skin and thin angular body of the alien was obviously successful. Rather than being terrified, you confirm that you were euphoric.   In a state of blubbering mammary-trance, you endured several hours of sperm extraction, made incredibly easier by your shall-we-say state of mind? 

Which leaves one remaining question, is there any hope for mankind?  and, of course...

Are the aliens laughing at us?

Anagrammy

Anagrammy, your interpretive slant regarding my unexplained disposition certainly bares merit and serious consideration. Working only with internalized theory and a clear realization and admission that "I don't know what I don't know", it's reassuring to discern that I can call upon the educated, informed and intuitive community within CoastGab to help guide me/us thru this journey towards the realization of answers and truth. 

MoR

PS: Anagrammy, your avatar pic looks like Mary Matalin. Accurate observation?

Sy-Klone

I offer this without any comment whatsoever:

If you go to the Coast to Coast AM show archives, they've restored the ability to sort shows by Art Bell as host. Art's bio is still absent, and he's not listed as a host, but you can once again sort through the archives for episodes using the "Art Bell" category.

Speculate away!

anagrammy

Quote from: Master_of_Reality on January 21, 2011, 06:59:11 PM
Anagrammy, your interpretive slant regarding my unexplained disposition certainly bares merit and serious consideration. Working only with internalized theory and a clear realization and admission that "I don't know what I don't know", it's reassuring to discern that I can call upon the educated, informed and intuitive community within CoastGab to help guide me/us thru this journey towards the realization of answers and truth. 

MoR

PS: Anagrammy, your avatar pic looks like Mary Matalin. Accurate observation?

Mother of God!  I am the evil twin of Mary Matalin and have been found out on the INTERNET (DRAT!)  Separated at birth, I was raised by a Columbian mother and a Euro-American business tycoon, exploding out of the nest to become (long story) a card-carrying Kucinich-loving Democrat Buddhist/agnostic living in Berkeley, CA.  You see me dancing at my youngest daughter's wedding and we are no longer Mormon, so I am not carrying the bride. 

Also, as her polar opposite, I am a fast-talker. 

Anagrammy

Archivist1947

Ok, I just checked last few shows.

Art Bell is still mentioned during credits by Noory at the end of program as one poster also mentioned some time ago.

But then again - maybe he is only refering to "Somewhere in time" shows...

b_dubb

Quote from: anagrammy on January 22, 2011, 05:02:17 PM
Mother of God!  I am the evil twin of Mary Matalin and have been found out on the INTERNET (DRAT!)  Separated at birth, I was raised by a Columbian mother and a Euro-American business tycoon, exploding out of the nest to become (long story) a card-carrying Kucinich-loving Democrat Buddhist/agnostic living in Berkeley, CA.  You see me dancing at my youngest daughter's wedding and we are no longer Mormon, so I am not carrying the bride. 

Also, as her polar opposite, I am a fast-talker. 

Anagrammy

do you have any other daughters that need marrying off?  if they're anything like you, they'd probably keep things interesting

anagrammy

Quote from: b_dubb on January 23, 2011, 04:51:36 PM

do you have any other daughters that need marrying off?  if they're anything like you, they'd probably keep things interesting

Thanks for the kind words.  Hmmm, let me check my inventory-- yes, I have two single ones left.  Both are beautiful, early thirties, and both personality plus.  Fair warning, they roll their eyes at my interest in extra-terrestrials, crypto-zoology and related subjects. I'm a proud mother -- in spite of all my mistakes they are such good women.

Admin Edit:  Just for the purpose of protecting the identities of your daughters, I thought it might be a good idea to remove these Facebook URLs.  As you know, there are a lot of creeps out there.

Anagrammy

Bosco

Anagrammy you have two gorgeous daughters.

b_dubb

yes. both are lovely.  and you probably shouldn't be posting their identities on this forum.  keep that on the DL.  for safety and stuff

but you're still a groovy grammy

Diabhal

Thanks a million for the 24/7 streaming and the interesting threads in the last few months I've been here. Kinda hit me today that I shouldn't expect Art to comeback. He's done a great job and he can hang up his headphones with his head held high. Hate Coast to Coast these days so I'm just going to move on to something else.

Thanks guys and I wish you all well in the future!

anagrammy

Quote from: Bosco on January 23, 2011, 06:32:44 PM
Anagrammy you have two gorgeous daughters.

Thanks guys and thanks, Mike for the security check. I am old school and not up to all the ins and outs of internet predators.  Here's a website you can check for one of my other daughters (I have five). She's a singer-songwriter, married and has two darling children (not the one I'm holding, that grandbaby is from my son).  I'm thinking of sending one of her CD's to the program for emerging artists:

www.bethwaters.com

She wrote a song I quite like about me, it's called "Mom"

Anagrammy

sherry440

Oh, how we miss him!! Anagrammy....you have some excellent speculation going there. George Knapp would be the best substitute for Art, I think, but like many I don't tune into C2C or support it in any way now that Art's gone.
Instead, I have discovered DOUG MACINTYRE'S REDEYE RADIO. Has anybody heard him? He is the only one with a brain on radio these days--and a quick wit, tremendous command of language.  Find him.

b_dubb

Quote from: anagrammy on January 23, 2011, 10:09:32 PM
Thanks guys and thanks, Mike for the security check. I am old school and not up to all the ins and outs of internet predators.  Here's a website you can check for one of my other daughters (I have five). She's a singer-songwriter, married and has two darling children (not the one I'm holding, that grandbaby is from my son).  I'm thinking of sending one of her CD's to the program for emerging artists:

www.bethwaters.com

She wrote a song I quite like about me, it's called "Mom"

Anagrammy

very nice voice.  i wish i'd grown up next door.  instead of in a cornfield in ohio.  ugh

anagrammy

Quote from: sherry440 on January 23, 2011, 10:24:14 PM
Oh, how we miss him!! Anagrammy....you have some excellent speculation going there. George Knapp would be the best substitute for Art, I think, but like many I don't tune into C2C or support it in any way now that Art's gone.
Instead, I have discovered DOUG MACINTYRE'S REDEYE RADIO. Has anybody heard him? He is the only one with a brain on radio these days--and a quick wit, tremendous command of language.  Find him.

Thanks, Sherry, I am definitely interviewing new talent...:)

Anagrammy

ringthane

Knapp just fielded a call regarding 'the internet rumors of Art Bell's departure' and Knapp confirmed Art is no longer associated with the show. Don't recall exact quote. Call was around 1:45AM EST.

The interesting thing is that there was no mention of retirement, Art is winding down, Art needs time with his family, etc -- Knapp stated simply, explicitly, that Art is no longer associated with C2C.

So, we know nothing new. Let the conjecture begin (or resume).

coastfan

I heard it, too. Did you catch what he said about Art going into retirement? Something like he's retired many times before? It was a quick call.

coastfan

The caller asked George Knapp if he knew anything about the rumors of Art quitting coast. Knapp replied that it wasn't a rumor, Noory having announced last month that it was Art's decision, that everyone at Coast regretted it, and that the door was open for Art any time he wanted to return. Knapp sounded believable, to me at least, until I can listen to it again.

aquagoat

HOT OFF THE PRESS!  G. Knapp just got a bushwhacker hit him with a follow up question after an initial quiry dealing with cattle mutalations I think it was.  Bushy flat out asked for ART BELL clarification, and Knapster played it straight and just stuck to script saying that Noory had announced that Art had retired (meaning the "He;s winding down" statement) but that the door was open and Art would always be welcome back. So-ooo ...... two things I guess.  One - we got an insurgent thru the screeners (hurray for our side, as the North side of Lady Godiva's London street audience said)  and TWO - Anagrammy's theory (and similar others) still seem to carry the weight of the tale . . .  Knapp was professional and informative, non confrontational even diplomatic ..... say, just thought - almost like he had one of Noory's cards at the ready to deal with just such an incidence.

Rick aka Aquagoat

PS -- is there a lamer sighhhh-nn off in all of alltime radio than Snoory's  "til then ---- BE SAFE everyone" ;;;;;;;;;;;; argghhh - Gag me.

PPS --- too cool for the Knappster --- first bumper song after his encounter with Bushy is Jimi's "all along the watch tower"  with the leading line ............ "there must be some kinda way outta here" /////////   some of us got our tickets punched Georgie boy.

at the moment, i read 107 guests. most viewing this thread. WOW.

aquagoat

For anyone seeking alternative listening, there's a coupla interesting shows from here in the Great White North (snowbound Toronto)
First is    http://www.richardsyrett.com/     Richard Syrett actually once hosted an Open lines Friday C2C on about an hours notice - a very interesting dude if the Illuminati conspiracy is your thing,
Second is A View From Space hosted by -- wait for it --- "The Spaceman"" (and sadly, no, it isn;t baseball's Bill Lee) - http://www.640toronto.com/HostsandShows/AViewFromSpace.aspx  ---- still Gary Bell runs a fun ship for the few hours he squeezez in every weekend.

Rick

PS - Anagrammy - great songbird you've had leave the nest.  Talk her into coming up north - I'd suggest a club name of Hugh;s Room - would be just the ticket, ambience wise for her Shannon McNally tinged sound (but definetely a distinct sound she has this Beth of yours -- evocative not imitative).