• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Marc.Knight

I think it would be better to say, "Coast Quits Art Bell".  They systematically removed the soul from the show.  Now, the Art of Talk has fallen silent.

It's interesting how the intelligence of callers plummets with screened lines. If that isn't an indictment of media in this country... Plus it just sounds so wrong when Art says the name and town of a caller before they pop in to the show.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on December 22, 2010, 07:35:52 PM
It's interesting how the intelligence of callers plummets with screened lines. If that isn't an indictment of media in this country... Plus it just sounds so wrong when Art says the name and town of a caller before they pop in to the show.

I wonder if they handed Art the 3 x 5 cards that Noory survives on every night?  Art's professional sensibilities must have been beaten into the ground.

He got a taste of what the Nooron has made the show into.  A show about nothing.

HAL 9000

Art Bell Quits C2C!

I can confirm with 100% certainty, that Art will no longer be doing C2C. This was confirmed via an email I received in response to email and telephone inquiries I made - I'll leave the party nameless, but let's just say it is true.

And so, here is Crystal Gayle singing us off the air via mp3 attachment:

Goodnight Art!

[attachment deleted by admin]

MV/Liberace!

hats off to art for making the right move.

Queen

Even if Art doesnt have control over C2C anymore doenst Alan Corborth (sp?) they were suposed to be really great friends there should be a way to get snooooory booorrry out of chair somehow.

Renaldo

I'm working a contact both close to the man and the show.  I'll know more in a few days, and I'll be able to name my source then.  Right now, I've been told everything out there is nothing but a rumor and should be taken that way, but that doesn't mean they won't end up being true.  Also, the network, the producers and the man himself aren't saying anything about it right now.

I wonder if Art has a contract, and when it's up?  Kinda sounds like hardball negotiations to me. 

Quote from: Renaldo on December 22, 2010, 11:37:16 PM
I'm working a contact both close to the man and the show.  I'll know more in a few days, and I'll be able to name my source then.  Right now, I've been told everything out there is nothing but a rumor and should be taken that way, but that doesn't mean they won't end up being true.  Also, the network, the producers and the man himself aren't saying anything about it right now.

I wonder if Art has a contract, and when it's up?  Kinda sounds like hardball negotiations to me.

Sorry, I don't follow.  When you say that something is merely a rumor, you're saying that it's not really true.  If your contact can't confirm or deny the story, they haven't told you anything, so what's the content of your update?

Art posted the message on his own web cam, so it looks like he's in the mood to talk about this, even if the network and producers aren't.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on December 22, 2010, 11:49:01 PMSorry, I don't follow.  When you say that something is merely a rumor, you're saying that it's not really true.  If your contact can't confirm or deny the story, they haven't told you anything, so what's the content of your update?

If you read my post above, note that I am not "working any contacts" - the contacts have already been made by myself via telephone and email.

The results are, from a person extremely close to Art personally, that Art will, "no longer do C2C."

The words in quotation marks I pulled, are directly from the email response I received. People can continue to conjecture or "work their sources" but my information has been confirmed and verified as authentic. Take it or leave it.

I love how all the contacts are so shadowy.  None of them can ever be named!  Art Bell doesn't have friends, he has agents, that cannot be outed, lest their lives be put in danger. Muffled phone calls, cryptic messages on web cams, chatter...what an awesome ARG we are playing.

Simon says play the piano. The clock is in the flowerpot.

Renaldo

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on December 22, 2010, 11:49:01 PM
Sorry, I don't follow.  When you say that something is merely a rumor, you're saying that it's not really true.  If your contact can't confirm or deny the story, they haven't told you anything, so what's the content of your update?

No, a rumor is hearsay, neither true or untrue until it's proven one way or the other.  My contact has actually said a lot, let me try to break it down: 

- The principles in this (Art, PRN, the producers of the show), the only ones that would be actively involved in this, are not talking about it.

- The only thing my contact has heard about Art leaving the show, are the same rumors we are currently hearing, and it sounds like possibly from the same source. 

- My contact claims that since Art, PRN and the producers are actively not talking about it, anything we hear about it that isn't from one of them should be taken as a rumor, not gospel.  But, that doesn't mean the rumors won't end up being true.

My analysis:  It sounds like there's a power play of some sort going on between Art and the network.  This is why I wondered about contract negotiations.  Who knows though? Until Art or PRN says something, it's all rumors. 

I'll name my contact when I hear back.  I think a reasonable person will agree that my contact would be someone who is close to both Art and the Network and would know something. I look forward to that day, because I can stop writing 'my contact' which is utterly annoying. 

Bosco

FWIW... I see that a new guest host , John B. Wells, will be doing the 12/29/2010 show.

http://www.jbwells.com/

Also the 12/30/2010 show is listed as Annual Predictions Show, Part 1 with no host named yet.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on December 23, 2010, 12:15:57 AM
Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on December 22, 2010, 11:49:01 PMSorry, I don't follow.  When you say that something is merely a rumor, you're saying that it's not really true.  If your contact can't confirm or deny the story, they haven't told you anything, so what's the content of your update?
If you read my post above, note that I am not "working any contacts" - the contacts have already been made by myself via telephone and email.

The results are, from a person extremely close to Art personally, that Art will, "no longer do C2C."

The words in quotation marks I pulled, are directly from the email response I received. People can continue to conjecture or "work their sources" but my information has been confirmed and verified as authentic. Take it or leave it.

sooo... let's get down to brass tacks here.  four people now claim to have sources close to this situation, none of whom have been named.  in my opinion, these sources are worthless if they can't/won't be named.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on December 23, 2010, 12:36:27 AMI love how all the contacts are so shadowy.  None of them can ever be named!  Art Bell doesn't have friends...

I assumed most people would innately understand, but apparently I have to use a parable - so I'll give it a try.

We could probably agree that Art Bell has millions of fans - fans who would also naturally be interested if Art were no longer associated with C2C.

That having been said, let's pretend that your father was close friends with Art Bell, and that your father knew that Art would no longer be associated with C2C. Also imagine that I could contact your father via phone and email.

Let's assume, for the sake of the parable, that I did indeed contact your father, and that he confirmed to me, that Art "will no longer do C2C."

Now, firstly, I don't think that simply because your father is close friends with Art Bell, and that he knows his circumstances with C2C makes him a shadowy figure. In fact, I'm guessing that, you would NOT want me publicly naming your father, or how to contact him - you can see how that might put enormous strain on your father's life, answering countless phone calls and perhaps thousands if not hundreds of thousands of emails. Not because he's a "shadowy" figure, but merely because he knew something, and answered honestly when I contacted him. It wouldn't be fair to your father for me to name him without his permission.

Now, similarly, despite your faulty notion that Art Bell does not have friends, he actually does have friends (imagine that!). I contacted this friend, and was given the response I've already posted. This person has a direct connection to the message Art sent via his webcam screenshot. I did not ask this person for their permission to publicly name them, or their phone number, nor their email address. I think it only fair that I err on the side of caution, and save this person thousands of phone calls and emails, don't you?

So in much the same way I suspect you would want me to respect the privacy of your father per my example above, I have chosen to respect the privacy of the person who confirmed Art's new lack of association with C2C.

There is no conspiracy or shadowy figures - it is simply a matter of manners.

Capiche?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on December 23, 2010, 01:19:00 AM
I did not ask this person for their permission to publicly name them, or their phone number, nor their email address.
then why not ask this person, and if they agree, then they agree... if they don't, they don't?

I have a top-secret contact who cannot confirm or deny that Sarah Palin is planning to run for president.  We'll just have to wait and see what she does!

HAL 9000

Quote from: MV on December 23, 2010, 01:23:34 AM
Quote from: HAL 9000 on December 23, 2010, 01:19:00 AM
I did not ask this person for their permission to publicly name them, or their phone number, nor their email address.
then why not ask this person, and if they agree, then they agree... if they don't, they don't?

If for no other reason, out of simple respect.

I immediately responded to their email thanking them for taking time out of their busy day to respond, and thanking them for their honesty.

To contact them again, and say, "Hey it's me again - there are people who don't believe me, or want to know my source - do you mind if I give out your name and email?"  -  that's just beyond what I'm comfortable with. I am already appreciative enough that they replied, and replied with a no-nonsense response, which I certainly take as being honest, considering their connection with Art and the webcam screenshot.

People believed Woodward and Bernstein based on their anonymous source known as Deepthroat for the Watergate story, even though they promised to never reveal his identity until after his death. As it turns out, Deepthroat himself admitted he was the source on his deathbed in recent years. While I promised no one anything, I felt and do feel it's implied. I feel awkward recontacting them to ask if I can name them publicly.

FYI - Cusco albums coming soon!

ringthane

Snoron mentioned last night that he  will discuss a 2.5 year (maybe it was 2) year  extension very soon.

I'm noticing lots of weird things lately -- too many pro Snoory calls during his show, and lots of damning him with faint praise during Ian slots. It seems as though Tom is always screening callers who find Snoory kind and appreciate his stewardship of the franchise, and this then in turn is a big, fat, lazy softball that Snoory can whack out of the park with his self-aggandizing disguised as aww shucks faux humility. It's happening a TON.

It's almost like... I'm really stretching (wishful thinking here): network pressuring Noory, Tom/Noory counter with these inane, ass-licking obsequious idiot callers carpet bombing the phones with how great he is. Some of these people calling in are worse than the studio audience in an infomercial. What the fuck Noory, are you selling ginsu knives and sham wow?

Then he announced this ParanormalTube.tv thing or whatever it's called. Ugh.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on December 22, 2010, 07:35:52 PM

Along with a few other factors, is one of the biggest reasons why the show has gotten so lame as of 2003ish.

I wonder, who initially asked for screnners, was it premiere or Noory who asked for screeners?

HAL 9000

Quote from: ringthane on December 23, 2010, 02:18:32 AMI'm noticing lots of weird things lately -- too many pro Snoory calls during his show, and lots of damning him with faint praise during Ian slots... Tom/Noory counter with these inane, ass-licking obsequious idiot callers carpet bombing the phones with how great he is. Some of these people calling in are worse than the studio audience in an infomercial. What the fuck Noory, are you selling ginsu knives and sham wow?

Brilliant post - couldn't have said it better myself...  

awguy

Quote from: Bosco on December 23, 2010, 12:47:58 AM
FWIW... I see that a new guest host , John B. Wells, will be doing the 12/29/2010 show.

Also the 12/30/2010 show is listed as Annual Predictions Show, Part 1 with no host named yet.

The site has been updated a bit further, Looks like Ian is doing the prediction show this year, at least the first part (the second part has not been posted yet). There is also another fill-in host listed "Rob Simone" hosts December 28th. So more evidence has been presented here: Noory usually takes Christmas week off and Art and Ian fill in. This year we have No Art, some Ian, Noory is hosting the Monday that he usually takes off, and two new fill-in hosts. Could they be testing the waters for Noory's successor? Noory's current contract is up in 2012 is it not?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: awguy on December 23, 2010, 07:40:20 AM

The site has been updated a bit further, Looks like Ian is doing the prediction show this year, at least the first part (the second part has not been posted yet). There is also another fill-in host listed "Rob Simone" hosts December 28th. So more evidence has been presented here: Noory usually takes Christmas week off and Art and Ian fill in. This year we have No Art, some Ian, Noory is hosting the Monday that he usually takes off, and two new fill-in hosts. Could they be testing the waters for Noory's successor? Noory's current contract is up in 2012 is it not?

Gotta love the '80s web site design http://www.robsimone.com/

ringthane

Quote from: awguy on December 23, 2010, 07:40:20 AM
Noory's current contract is up in 2012 is it not?

Noory crowed two nights ago that they are going to discuss a two-year extension early next year.

KMKMKM

It's weird, I've been on vacation/neglecting my computer the past week and had a bad feeling when I came on here I was going to see news like this  :-\

I'll try to be optimistic until an official statement is given but if this turns out to be true, it's the end of Coast to Coast AM as far as I'm concerned.

saab93driver

JB Wells did some excellent shows about 5 years ago.  I think he could be a worthy regular host. 

minnehan

I thought it quite strange that Noory said on air recently that Art wouldn't be hosting the predition shows this year because he would be "travelling."  I went to check the new schedule tonight for the up coming week, and sure enough, no Art.  Ian is listed as doing the shows. 

Sorry, I'm just not a big fan of Ian.  I noticed recently when doing the air port sercurty show Ian got very defensive when a caller called him out for doing just another polictical talk show... Ian blew a gasket and said something to the effect that they all couldn't be Art Bell.

Then noticed just tonight Art's name was removed from the C2C web site, and came searching the web for answers and found this forum.  I think if Art really is finished with C2C, it will be a serious blow for the show.  My question is, what can we, the listeners do about all this?  Do you really think anyone at C2C gives a flying crap about us?  And what can we do to let C2C and Art know how we feel about all this? (and does how we feel about this really matter anyhow?)

I am very upset about Art leaving C2C and not content about sitting back and doing nothing in responce.  Otherwise, they win.

Queen

Art gave up all his rights to the show when he retierd back in 2003. That i feel was a huuuge mistake.

As far as what we can do? I think we can only just flood the phone lines with how we feel about him ruining this show.  If you have nothing but people calling in and complaning at you every night he will quit and the network will get the point. But that only works if theres enough of us.