• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

AZZERAE

Heather is weird.

Element 115

Quote from: VC on February 23, 2019, 04:09:48 PM
WTF? Airyn NEVER addressed this issue one-way or another in her one and only public statement.

Again, WTF? Are you making this up out of thin air? At a minimum these are fabrications of your imagination or false memories.

These are the main points that Airyn said. And, I'm actually quoting Airyn here speaking to HW by indirect means:

"You are just stirring old things up.
And all you are doing are making it harder and hurting my family worse.
I want less drama.
I don't have time for this.
I have two kids to raise and deal with real life problems."

Airyn was also upset having treated HW like family or a close friend in a time of need/loss but was not reciprocated in-kind or similar fashion by HW. She brought HW groceries and home cooked meals, but HW couldn't even respond in gratitude to Airyn's phone calls or with even a text reply. Airyn felt slighted and/or ignored by HW.

Airyn said: "I cannot just quit, cry, hide, and sleep all day. And now, seeing all this crap online has saddened me."

Correct, Airyn never stated Heather was wrong or that Heather was not there, Karen did.

Jackstar

The more I read about how these people that Bell chose to surround himself with choose to behave, the more I consider it a mercy killing.

Epaphroditus

Quote from: Element 115 on February 23, 2019, 06:27:28 PM
Correct, Airyn never stated Heather was wrong or that Heather was not there, Karen did.

Heather said on air that she saw a suicide note , she also stated repeatedly that she was asleep when Art died and only was informed when she woke up that afternoon via a phone call .

That evening Heather had a show to do but that afternoon Keith had already posted a repeat notice on MITD , then we got George Knapp breaking the news apparently without consent from the Bell family .

Autopsy reports also do not include suicide without family consent .

Jackstar

[attachment=1]

Quote from: Element 115 on February 23, 2019, 06:27:28 PM

Heather herself said she was asleep and awoke to find a miss call hours earlier which was from Airyn.
Heather was not there. The fact so many people are willing to take Heather’s word for anything is baffling to me. 

Also the fact we are even having this discussion is keep Heather’s name out there and giving her unwarranted and probably at this point unwanted attention. So for those that think Heather has nothing to gain, she actually stayed relevant. Hell she hasn’t had a show in months and people still talk about her. It’s probably in everyone’s best interest if she was just ignored.

I feel bad for Arts family. Airyn was never a public figure and has to deal with a lot of drama for no reason.

VC

Quote from: Epaphroditus on February 23, 2019, 09:49:20 PM
Heather said on air that she saw a suicide note , she also stated repeatedly that she was asleep when Art died and only was informed when she woke up that afternoon via a phone call .

That evening Heather had a show to do but that afternoon Keith had already posted a repeat notice on MITD , then we got George Knapp breaking the news apparently without consent from the Bell family .

Let's assume [for the purposes of discussion here] HW was told that AB had committed suicide and/or she saw an AB note that led her to believe this is true.

Does this in any way shape or form excuse HW's behavior to "go public" on a radio station and KoN to get the word out? Does this in any way shape or form excuse HW's behavior to continually proclaim this privately, and "on air", and in SM/FB too? Seriously! ???

HW is a complete cluster fuck of stupidity and is extremely self-destructive and very abusive to AB's family for doing this. FFS, HW was the Godparent of Art Bell's baby son! HW MUST APOLOGIZE PUBLICLY to have any possible redeeming values or sense of forgiveness that is deserving of someone that recognizes the extreme harm and abuse HW caused upon AB's family!

There honestly is no defensible position that should be given to HW to support her drug fueled fugue sicknesses, her mental illness, and her disgusting behavior. At a minimum HW needs to get enough mental health therapy to SINCERELY apologize publicly for harming AB's children and Airyn and all concerned.

What is HW's Legacy now? ???

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Epaphroditus on February 23, 2019, 09:49:20 PM

What state or country has that provision? Has does a public domain document get around not identifying manner of death?

ItsOver

Quote from: VC on February 24, 2019, 02:51:22 AM
...What is HW's Legacy now? ???
I can think of a couple of things but excellence in broadcasting isn't one of them.

Lilith

Quote from: ItsOver on February 24, 2019, 09:56:39 AM
I can think of a couple of things but excellence in broadcasting isn't one of them.

Is that her good side?

Lunger

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 21, 2019, 11:26:07 PM
I think it would be fair to say given current facts we know about Heather, it is very doubtful Art committed suicide. People trying to jump to conclusions, are frequently wrong.

Art was taking medication that built up in his system, was in poor health.

Art was old and confused could have not realized what medication he had taken.

The so called “suicide note” was an invoice on the floor, according to Heather’s former producer who visited  her.

Art’s wife came out and publicly refuted there was a suicide not.

Heather by all accounts is erratic to the point she is disoriented. Described as high, erratic, sleep deprived, etc, etc.

The coroner ruled the death an accidental overdose, with major contributing factor of COPD and hypertension.

Art had young children. By all accounts seemed to be enjoying time with family.

The only person saying Art committed suicide is Heather. Who unfortunately is unstable, and could potentially have alternative motives for saying it was suicide.

In short I don’t believe Heather. I am sure Heather believes what she says. But she was not there, and her former “insiders” report someone who is unstable. They also report Art sold Heather the house and studio because he no longer wanted it. That his relationship with Heather was a business relationship. He wanted to sell house/equipment. He may have felt some sense of responsibility of helping Heather/Keith.

I think the rumors of a sexual relationship between Art/Heather are false. Heather has made reference to Art brining Asia with him. Heather’s producer stated Heather told him Art was never alone with her.

On the other hand:

Art was a huge drama queen

Art quit everything he ever started once it became uncomfortable.

Art never seemed to realize how his actions affected the people around him

Art was a unique talent but he just wasn't that smart.

I think that Art was really affected by the non-event his last comeback generated.

...maybe he was in a lot of pain and thought to be with Ramona.

ItsOver

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on February 24, 2019, 09:56:39 AM

teknoslag

Just my two cents, which no one asked for...

As someone who was on the exact same pharmaceutical cocktail for ten years that Art was on, I don't think a lot of people realize just how easy it is to OD on those medications. You build up a tolerance extremely fast; I got to the point where I had to take 14 norco and 14 soma together at once just for it to have the effect that it did when I first started taking the medication (I was luckily able to simply stop taking them close to a decade ago on my own). These are meds that can easily cause severe respiratory depression when taken together. Or in large amounts. Or both.

I'm sure most fans recall Art being plagued for the last couple of decades (at least) by back problems, and having been on these medications for many years. So the fact that he was on them for so long guarantees he was likely taking them in large doses due to having built a tolerance. That alone is a severe OD risk. Throw in COPD, and the risk of severe respiratory depression becomes even greater, I'm sure. It's an accident waiting to happen.

It's possible that Art could have committed suicide, but there's no evidence of that other than HW's word. For whatever that's worth.  ::)  Accidental OD is not only extremely possible, but highly likely considering all of the facts that are known.

Rix Gins

Quote from: teknoslag on February 24, 2019, 06:10:00 PM
Just my two cents, which no one asked for...

As someone who was on the exact same pharmaceutical cocktail for ten years that Art was on, I don't think a lot of people realize just how easy it is to OD on those medications. You build up a tolerance extremely fast; I got to the point where I had to take 14 norco and 14 soma together at once just for it to have the effect that it did when I first started taking the medication (I was luckily able to simply stop taking them close to a decade ago on my own). These are meds that can easily cause severe respiratory depression when taken together. Or in large amounts. Or both.

I'm sure most fans recall Art being plagued for the last couple of decades (at least) by back problems, and having been on these medications for many years. So the fact that he was on them for so long guarantees he was likely taking them in large doses due to having built a tolerance. That alone is a severe OD risk. Throw in COPD, and the risk of severe respiratory depression becomes even greater, I'm sure. It's an accident waiting to happen.

It's possible that Art could have committed suicide, but there's no evidence of that other than HW's word. For whatever that's worth.  ::)  Accidental OD is not only extremely possible, but highly likely considering all of the facts that are known.

I have always felt that it was Art's back pain that probably killed him due to overuse of pain medications.  The COPD not so much, though one would think that it could have been a contributing factor.  If Art's COPD was growing worse, he could possibly have extended his life for awhile by using proper oxygen therapy, you know, those small tanks and nose tubes that you see people using in the grocery stores, etc.  Art could have easily afforded that sort of thing, and yet he wasn't wearing anything like that in those last couple of drone videos that he filmed.  It did look as though he was wearing a back brace, though.   

Jackstar

Let's note that for all the years Bell whinged about muh back pain--he never mentioned using cannabis for pain relief.

Hey, guess what? Feds aren't allowed to use cannabis.

Quote from: VC on February 24, 2019, 02:51:22 AM
There honestly is no defensible position that should be given to HW [...] What is HW's Legacy now? ???

Hey mang. Lodge orders is Lodge orders.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jackstar on February 25, 2019, 10:53:47 PM
Let's note that for all the years Bell whinged about muh back pain--he never mentioned using cannabis...

Not that you know about.

Jackstar

Quote from: Liberace! on February 26, 2019, 05:29:40 PM
Not that you know about.

https://www.safeaccessnow.org/federal_marijuana_law

QuoteDespite medical cannabis laws in 46 states, cannabis is still illegal under federal law. The federal government regulates drugs through the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) (21 U.S.C. § 811), which does not recognize the difference between medical and recreational use of cannabis. [...] Under federal law, cannabis is treated like every other controlled substance, such as cocaine and heroin. The federal government places every controlled substance in a schedule, in principle according to its relative potential for abuse and medicinal value. Under the CSA, cannabis is classified as a Schedule I drug, which means that the federal government views cannabis as highly addictive and having no medical value. Doctors may not "prescribe" cannabis for medical use under federal law, though they can "recommend" its use under the First Amendment.

Federal cannabis laws are very serious, and punishment for people found guilty is frequently very steep. Federal law still considers cannabis a dangerous illegal drug with no acceptable medicinal value. In several federal cases, judges have ruled that medical issues cannot be used as a defense, though defense attorneys should attempt to raise the issue whenever possible during trial. Federal law applies throughout Washington D.C. and the United States, not just on federal property.

There I go hallucinating again--whoops, my bad.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jackstar on February 26, 2019, 06:09:56 PM
https://www.safeaccessnow.org/federal_marijuana_law

There I go hallucinating again--whoops, my bad.

Actually, I quoted the wrong part of your post. I've adjusted it.

Jackstar

Quote from: Liberace! on February 26, 2019, 06:48:45 PM
I've adjusted it.

Didn't really support your case any--whatever that was.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jackstar on February 26, 2019, 07:06:04 PM
Didn't really support your case any--whatever that was.

I had a case?

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 27, 2019, 02:14:04 PM
Some do, some don't. ;)

Granted I'm a bit weird but I like Congressional hearings. Especially watching the lawyers behind the testifier and what is not said, which is more interesting often than what is said.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 27, 2019, 02:24:36 PM
Granted I'm a bit weird but I like Congressional hearings. Especially watching the lawyers behind the testifier and what is not said, which is more interesting often than what is said.
Freaking lawyers.  First, decide what you want your "reality" to be.  Second, argue to the death to maintain it.  Lawyers should be required to jump off a 50 story or taller building and argue with gravity.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 27, 2019, 05:16:28 PM
Freaking lawyers.  First, decide what you want your "reality" to be.  Second, argue to the death to maintain it.  Lawyers should be required to jump off a 50 story or taller building and argue with gravity.
Ha. Yes lots of sophistry but when one needs one, one wants a good one and one that can argue the F out of the park; even denying gravity. I would confuse the situation with magnets, for example. And the thing is not to argue against for/against but confuse, muddy the waters, reframe the questions, poison the well, and, finally- if other tactics haven't worked yet- get into semantics and definitions of terms.
My closing against gravity: "if people like Newton and Einstein couldn't agree or properly define it who are WE, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, to make a judgement about something like gravity??  One might as well ask, about the BIG BANG, even? Who are we to judge- even the great Nighthawk is perplexed?!)

VC

The quote below is from the one and only interview and public statement that Airyn wrote herself and spoke in her own voice. When you combine Airyn's statement (below) with the recent interview that DH did w/Tony, he was HW's producer and stayed with her for several days in 2018 after AB died, I think it becomes obvious that HW was/is not accurate when she said with certainty that AB committed suicide. HW probably does truly believe this, but I doubt she ever had any actual proof of seeing and reading AB's alleged suicide note. I sincerely believe this, also, because HW never gave any details about what the suicide note said.

This interview with Tony is very insightful about HW's personality and lack of empathy. Here is the Tony interview:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZPM4d7ZgaXjoyngIY5KnSHNJW6hQ4SaCC3V

Quote from: VC on February 23, 2019, 04:09:48 PM
These are the main points that Airyn said. And, I'm actually quoting Airyn here speaking to HW by indirect means:

"You are just stirring old things up.
And all you are doing are making it harder and hurting my family worse.
I want less drama.
I don't have time for this.
I have two kids to raise and deal with real life problems."

Airyn was also upset having treated HW like family or a close friend in a time of need/loss but was not reciprocated in-kind or similar fashion by HW. She brought HW groceries and home cooked meals, but HW couldn't even respond in gratitude to Airyn's phone calls or with even a text reply. Airyn felt slighted and/or ignored by HW.

Airyn said: "I cannot just quit, cry, hide, and sleep all day. And now, seeing all this crap online has saddened me."