• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Sean92008

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 24, 2018, 11:56:08 PM
The site's not public?

Here's the pic:

I feel like Heather would be having a tough time reading the books' spines, let alone what's in 'em.

Rockaria

I'm sure Art got free copies of all his guests' books over the years so his library should be pretty extensive.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: LadyFish on April 24, 2018, 06:27:29 PM
And they probably didn’t let her play the bumper music that SHE had chosen for Art’s funeral either.

Word is she wasn't at the funeral. I don't yet know why. I have my suspicions as to why, though...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: creepygreenlight on April 24, 2018, 11:17:35 PM
A lot of very talented people have absolutely fucked up personal lives.  Art was destined to be a radio legend, not a good father -- it is what it is. 

But wow, Vincent sure sounds like one bitter jaded fool.  To be "elated" by your own estranged father's death is pretty fucked up unless he was a mass murderer or something.  He sounds like somebody who is about to fight hard for daddy's cash now that he's gone... the lawyers have probably been waiting like vultures... and that's why he's so "elated".

Vincent damn well deserves some of that cash and I hope he gets it.

HumanBeing

Quote from: mv on April 25, 2018, 02:33:13 AM
Word is she wasn't at the funeral. I don't yet know why. I have my suspicions as to why, though...

Quote from: albrecht on April 24, 2018, 10:10:31 PM
Dean Koontz, I think. I recall he interviewed him and mentioned his like of the books. Though he also said he didn't read guest books before the interview so that the interview would be fresh and the author could explain his material.

Yeah, I remember this.  My wife used to confuse Koontz with King.  Koontz though is a Republican while King is a far left wacko.  I happen to enjoy King's writing more than Koontz but he is politically off his rocker.

awguy

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 24, 2018, 05:22:42 PM
In happier news. my copy of The Art of Talk came today!  Can't wait to read it.  I should have picked up a copy when you could have bought them all day long for $10 in the bargain bin. I paid over $100.  Won't be surprised in a few years if its $300 or $400.  That's what happened with all of R. Gary Patternson's books. 

Telly

I didn't know R. Gary Patterson had died. That's too bad... he was always great with Ian Punnett on C2C.

Lord Grantham

So much for playing funeral director.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 25, 2018, 06:51:07 AM
So much for playing funeral director.
guess they didn’t have any music then.

sydtron

Lay it out there big shooter.

sydtron

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 25, 2018, 07:09:02 AM
guess they didn’t have any music then.

I'm told there was dip.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: sydtron on April 25, 2018, 07:09:11 AM
Lay it out there big shooter.

Seconded? Show us a bit of leg FFS! What 's the point hanging around the Super 8 in Pahrump if we aren't going to get any decent dirt?

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on April 24, 2018, 11:47:50 PM
I feel bad for Vincent but he is a far worse enemy to himself than Art ever was. His bitterness, anger, and hatred will prevent him from ever finding peace and closure and that is truly sad.

This right here.  And I don't know much about "Vincent", but a quick Google search seems to indicate that his favorite pastime is publicly bashing Art Bell every chance he gets.  I cannot imagine that this is a good thing to do when you are seeking to get a chunk of daddy's estate, and if anyone on Earth was Art Bell's "stalker" this would probably be the guy.

Sean92008

Was what George Knapp thought what happened shared here or on the Martinez Tonight chat last night? I wouldn't dare reference it unless it's been posted here before.

I am seriously thinking of contacting George Knapp and asking him to look down a couple of rabbit holes.

Incarcerated?

cweb

Quote from: awguy on April 25, 2018, 05:17:49 AM
I didn't know R. Gary Patterson had died. That's too bad... he was always great with Ian Punnett on C2C.
Yeah, his books are pretty good too! He was working on a show called The Rock & Roll Twilight Zone with Syrett before his passing. Richard stuck with it and you can find the podcast online. Pretty cool sampler of some strange music stuff.

DanTSX

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 24, 2018, 11:56:08 PM
The site's not public?

Here's the pic:

I spy the George Noory cookbook!

ItsOver

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 25, 2018, 07:14:08 AM
Seconded? Show us a bit of leg FFS! What 's the point hanging around the Super 8 in Pahrump if we aren't going to get any decent dirt?
Give him some time.  A hangover after a wild night at Sheri's is killer.

AppealPlay

Dish, girlfriend.

ItsOver

Meanwhile, in other Art Bell related news.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/father-disco-moroder-still-behind-decks-aged-78-020908624.html

"But the Italian says his best memory dates back to 1979 when he won his first Oscar for the soundtrack to prison drama Midnight Express."

ShayP

Not sure if this was posted yet...

https://pvtimes.com/news/remembering-legendary-talk-show-host-art-bell-in-pahrump/

Interesting little segment from the article referring to close friend and business associate Karen Jackson and her relationship with Art.  Maybe Heather is jealous of it.

Jackson said she will make good on a promise she made to Bell many years ago.

“Art has pounded into my head to take care of his wife,” she said. “This is a really hard time for me. It was like losing a family member, and I am very numb right now.”

Rocketeer

Quote from: ItsOver on April 25, 2018, 11:07:10 AM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/father-disco-moroder-still-behind-decks-aged-78-020908624.html

"But the Italian says his best memory dates back to 1979 when he won his first Oscar for the soundtrack to prison drama Midnight Express."

Did Art ever give a backstory about this choice?  Haven't seen the movie in years but I remember it as one of the best cinematic depictions of justifiable paranoia and panic.

DanTSX

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 25, 2018, 11:12:36 AM
Did Art ever give a backstory about this choice?  Haven't seen the movie in years but I remember it as one of the best cinematic depictions of justifiable paranoia and panic.

Prison sex was a dark place that Art couldn’t publically go

DanTSX

Quote from: ItsOver on April 25, 2018, 11:07:10 AM

Anyone remember that show he did in 96-97 where he played nothing but G G Allin and black flag for bumper music?

Sean92008

Quote from: DanTSX on April 25, 2018, 11:45:18 AM

Not drug running?  Curious.

Rix Gins

Here is a new article on Art from the Pahrump Valley Times.  It mentions the controversy concerning the release of the news of his death and ensuing outcry, but not by the Bell family.  No info on the autopsy report.  https://pvtimes.com/news/art-bells-fame-factored-in-facebook-death-announcement/

ItsOver

But just a typical topic for BellGab.

Sean92008

Bellgab is the place I learned about glad wrap condoms and how corn chowder is a wonderful lubricant...

damon

BUTT falkie can.  ::)