• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WOTR

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 28, 2016, 11:04:08 AM
I once had a similar boss. Long story short I told him what everyone was thinking and he fired me four times in 20 minutes  :).. 30 minutes later we were in his office drinking a brew and him telling me he liked me because I didn't suck up to him.
Imagine... A bellgabber who is opinionated. :P

I have my present job because a past manager appreciated that I think nothing of being very blunt in my opinion.  I listen as well- but have never seen a reason not to be honest...

Some people appreciate that- others really do need to be told how smart they are, how great an idea they had and that every plan will work with no modification.

3OctaveFart

The best boss is one you never see.

CornyCrow

Quote from: WOTR on April 29, 2016, 02:14:18 AM
Imagine... A bellgabber who is opinionated. :P

I have my present job because a past manager appreciated that I think nothing of being very blunt in my opinion.  I listen as well- but have never seen a reason not to be honest...

Some people appreciate that- others really do need to be told how smart they are, how great an idea they had and that every plan will work with no modification.
I have worked with a number of boot-lickers and just seeing them kissing up to authority and authority not discouraging it, I find sickening.  With that sort of management the decent folks just keep their mouths shut.  It is said that often people become actors and teachers because they have ego problems and need a certain amount of fawning by others.  Well, I think some managers also have that problem.  Maybe some don't see it, but at times it is so obvious that they should really shove the sycophant away and reprimand him for being such a jerk.  I like honesty on the job.  Don't most of us try to avoid people who are not trustworthy?

paladin1991

Quote from: whoozit on April 25, 2016, 02:08:12 PM
Hey, I just talk about whatever is on the list when I get my monthly check for $500.
Bro, you need to talk with senda.  He's pulling in something over 6 bills.

zeebo

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 29, 2016, 07:10:45 PM

You mean like 6 twenty's?

TigerLily

ItsOver

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 29, 2016, 07:10:45 PM
Now that Falkie has a gig with Noory on C2C,  he may be getting paid in turkee sammiches.  I'm not sure about the current exchange rate with dollars.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: TigerLily on April 29, 2016, 07:45:25 PM
rats

I just noticed your new avatar. Very nice, but don't you think it might add to that issue of confusing you with Sandra? I mean, how many women with swords could there be on one little old site like this? I won't mention sword envy. Oops!

first time of listening to HEATHER from front to back

Defwhale

Quote from: ItsOver on April 29, 2016, 08:14:27 PM
Now that Falkie has a gig with Noory on C2C,  he may be getting paid in turkee sammiches.  I'm not sure about the current exchange rate with dollars.

I believe an understanding has been reached that Senda will be paid in cash and not food.  Premrat is still regretting their deal with Tommee

bobo17

Guys
I am back and fealing a lot better, no in appropropriate fealings and i have been with greasy for several days for long periods of time.
This means that I CAN FOCUS ON THE MEETING FULL TIME.
Question:  although i am getting several of Art's long time friends like myself, bob and sue crane etc. i was thinking it might be a good idea to have someone people who are "out of the loop".
IF ANYONE thinks this is a GOOD idea, please let me know if you would consider being one of the "out of the loop" persons to attend the MEETING to give your unbiased opinion.

I am BACK and working fulltime on this, so let me know as soon as possible.

I am so well respected by all (art, sue, bob et al) and all bellgabers i think this affort will be rewarding for all of us and the general radio listening audience as well.

thanks again for all the wonderful thoughts and preyers on my behalf.
i will NEVER FORGET this out pouring and will pay back BY GETTING ART BACK ON THE RADIO, full time and HEATHER back as a producer non on air talent.

thanks again
any public response or encourgaement is appreciated as it really motivates me.

bobo

bobo17

Guys
I will NOT BE MOCKED
STOP IT

bobo

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bobo17 on April 30, 2016, 11:52:01 AM
Guys
I will NOT BE MOCKED
STOP IT

bobo

No.

Mock, mock, mock, mock....

:P

bateman

Guys
I will NOT BE MOCKED
STOP IT

bobo

This has really worn thin.

ge30542

Guys
I will NOT BE MOCKED
STOP IT

bobo
Go fuck yourself. Art Bell is old news. No one cares. You're not funny. Not even interesting.

73s

STOP IT

bobo

I agree Bobo, please stop these posts.

Dateline

Straight from the horse's mouth, please stop for the sake of Greasy.  Or, you can call Norry or ask Falkie to have Norry put Greasy and yourself on the prayer list.

May you find peace and comfort, Bobo.

TigerLily

Quote from: Value Of Pi on April 29, 2016, 08:19:07 PM
I just noticed your new avatar. Very nice, but don't you think it might add to that issue of confusing you with Sandra? I mean, how many women with swords could there be on one little old site like this? I won't mention sword envy. Oops!
Just pulled that outfit out of the attic for old times' sake and Hoagie's farewell. At one time there was a Sith uprising against Hoagie. That was when Sandra became Darth Sandra.

Back to my old self. Better?

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on April 30, 2016, 02:00:55 PM
...Back to my old self. Better?

Very nice but I think my personal fave was the one just before that.   :)

ItsOver

Guys
I will NOT BE MOCKED
STOP IT

bobo
I hear horse meat is good.  At least the Frogs seem to like it.

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on April 30, 2016, 02:50:43 PM
This?

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on April 30, 2016, 03:11:58 PM
This?

I was kinda partial to the blue nighty myself.

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on April 30, 2016, 03:11:58 PM
This?

Hmm similar genre, but nope.  One of your earlier incarnations I believe.  If she shows up again I'll let ya know.   ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on April 30, 2016, 03:21:16 PM
Hmm similar genre, but nope.  One of your earlier incarnations I believe.  If she shows up again I'll let ya know.   ;)

The one she had before that was Prince.

norland2424

Quote from: zeebo on April 30, 2016, 02:50:43 PM

lol prince?