• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on April 15, 2016, 09:35:44 PM
Also, the people you encounter on an internet forum are not your "friends".  Exchanging private messages from time to time and learning you share an affinity for Pabst does not constitute friendship... at least, not as I define it.

Fuck. I was going to ask you to marry me.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on April 15, 2016, 10:04:09 PM
I know what you're trying to suggest, but my penis size is beyond reproach. Don't believe? Ask Jazmunda for pics.

And saturate the market. Uh uh.

pyewacket

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 15, 2016, 09:01:40 PM
If what you've said about the subscriber numbers is true, Art, ask Keith to release the numbers and end the debate. You won't because that statement was a lie.

Pants on fire!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoYlCkHdNlU

zeebo

Anyone else get the vibe from Art that he's disappointed in this group, like we've let him down?  That's a bad rap dude.  Most of us are still huge fans, but we just see the reality at hand. 

There will always be a warm nostalgia for the old shows, but the slim hope of an occasional fill-in appearance is not enough to keep the words of encouragement continually flowing.  As for MITD I don't even know why it's discussed on this thread as Art's made clear he has virtually nothing to do with the show.

norland2424

Quote from: zeebo on April 15, 2016, 11:57:41 PM
Anyone else get the vibe from Art that he's disappointed in this group, like we've let him down?  That's a bad rap dude.  Most of us are still huge fans, but we just see the reality at hand. 

There will always be a warm nostalgia for the old shows, but the slim hope of an occasional fill-in appearance is not enough to keep the words of encouragement continually flowing.  As for MITD I don't even know why it's discussed on this thread as Art's made clear he has virtually nothing to do with the show.

didn't you hear zeebo that bellgab is root cause of all the bad things in paranormal radio, heather hates us, art hates us and so does hoagland.

GravitySucks

Quote from: norland2424 on April 15, 2016, 11:59:37 PM
didn't you hear zeebo that bellgab is root cause of all the bad things in paranormal radio, heather hates us, art hates us and so does hoagland.

EODR seems to think we are hot.

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on April 15, 2016, 11:59:37 PM

We need more good-hearted cat ladies to balance things out. 

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on April 15, 2016, 08:37:28 PM
I understand this will be heartbreaking news for some of you but MITD with Heather has for some time now been growing every day in subs. The show with Heather has legs and will continue to grow.

She has improved greatly. Now I fully understand that those of you who have decided to hate her will continue to do so but the growing number of subs says there is a wider World out there that does not feel that way. I continue to help her in every way possible.

I know she would love to be able to again join Bell Gab since her roots are here but I have advised her not to do so because of all the hate, if that ever changes I will let her know. I am well aware it is not everybody here but it is still many.

Thought you all might enjoy a update, or not.

Art

I just read this (so I'm 6 pages of high school drama behind and not up to date...)  At the risk of going against what I know probably followed, I will say "thanks."  I hope she finds an audience and I hope she grows her show.  Generally, I don't listen... But it would be nice to see her take a show and find success (though I do miss your voice.)

As much as I would love to see her back, the advice you gave is probably the best there is... I don't see this place being overly friendly towards her...

With the niceties out of the way, I will say that when you are helping her, it might not hurt to get her to turn it into her show.  That was one of my (many) complaints with Noory, and it seems to be that she is following him down the "trying to be Art Bell" path.  I don't see that being a natural fit...

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on April 16, 2016, 12:07:35 AM
We need more good-hearted cat ladies to balance things out.

meow

WOTR

Quote from: chefist on April 15, 2016, 08:53:31 PM
Art
...However, insulting BellGab will not compensate for the complete disaster that you created.

You created this entire mess and you appointed the wrong person to the job to replace you. You put Heather in an untenable situation.

Look in the mirror, Mr Bell....
What do you care... Really?  If there is not a market for her, the show will fail.  So Art did not appoint somebody on his level (really, who would you have suggested was going to do this 25 on air hours a week + producer time and finding guests?)

Your butthurt (or, more likely play acting at being butthurt) by both Senda and Art is starting to remind me of Little Chris... It is a little transparent and a little too much drama.  Many have brought up valid criticisms of MITD... It is the drama without substance that makes me shake my head.

***What corner of hell did I wake up in when I find that I agree with most of WhiteCrows posts? 

Faustina

Quote from: Dateline on April 15, 2016, 08:57:07 PM
I don't hate Heather, I just want quality radio.  Very, very simple, and I am not receiving that, so I don't listen.  That is not hate, it is a view of a consumer and listener.

Exactly.  Same here.  (Consumer and "good" radio listener).

zeebo

WOTR

Quote from: coaster on April 15, 2016, 10:12:28 PM
If you got rid of references to Art, you'd lose subscribers. Many people are holding on to their subs in hopes that Art returns. I thought that was the whole point? Dangle Art so they will stay. You get rid of Art, no one would listen. Seems obvious.
I don't buy that... Anymore.  Anybody who would cancel because Art is not on the show has noticed that he has not been around and have cancelled.  There will be those who do not tune into Heather and forgot their subscription self-renews every month.  That is not dependent on Art's name being associated with MITD. 

I just think that you are saying that people are beyond stupid (to believe that Art will be back hosting full time and are maintaining their subscription based on that belief.)

***This coming from somebody aims to call a minimum of one dozen people stupid each day and has very low expectations of intelligence.  I just don't think that people are holding subscriptions 4 months into Heather Wade's MITD with 1 Art Bell appearance....

WOTR

Quote from: chefist on April 15, 2016, 09:25:47 PM
Fuck! Tomorrow night...we'll talk about all this shit! No more political correctness, ass kiss stuff! DONE!

George Senda will be brought to his knees and justice will be served!
Quote from: WhiteCrow on April 15, 2016, 09:36:33 PM
Are you like proud of that?
At this point it seems a little like beating the tar out of the mentally challenged kid and laughing at his tears... But whatever turns you on.

***Last post in reaction to this thread for now... I'm through the pages of script...

effluenza

Quote from: WOTR on April 16, 2016, 01:09:02 AM
What do you care... Really?  If there is not a market for her, the show will fail.  So Art did not appoint somebody on his level (really, who would you have suggested was going to do this 25 on air hours a week + producer time and finding guests?)

Your butthurt (or, more likely play acting at being butthurt) by both Senda and Art is starting to remind me of Little Chris... It is a little transparent and a little too much drama.  Many have brought up valid criticisms of MITD... It is the drama without substance that makes me shake my head.

***What corner of hell did I wake up in when I find that I agree with most of WhiteCrows posts?

I've got to agree with you mang.

Chefist used to be one of my favorite posters on this site. I don't know what made him turn into a little Chris clone.

Valid criticism of Art and Heather is fine but this drama without substance is nauseating.

It's fine when goofing on Falkie but let's tone it down.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Art Bell on April 15, 2016, 08:37:28 PM
I understand this will be heartbreaking news for some of you but MITD with Heather has for some time now been growing every day in subs. The show with Heather has legs and will continue to grow.

She has improved greatly. Now I fully understand that those of you who have decided to hate her will continue to do so but the growing number of subs says there is a wider World out there that does not feel that way. I continue to help her in every way possible.

I know she would love to be able to again join Bell Gab since her roots are here but I have advised her not to do so because of all the hate, if that ever changes I will let her know. I am well aware it is not everybody here but it is still many.

Thought you all might enjoy a update, or not.

Art

It seems more like this place is bad press for Heather's show and that is the only reason you are trying to change the attitude here. Gnoory tried that too.

What is heartbreaking is listening to The Chase and not hearing your voice at the end of it.

#OnlyArt
#Steveisn'tbadeither

Quote from: effluenza on April 16, 2016, 01:33:57 AM
I've got to agree with you mang.

Chefist used to be one of my favorite posters on this site. I don't know what made him turn into a little Chris clone.

Valid criticism of Art and Heather is fine but this drama without substance is nauseating.

It's fine when goofing on Falkie but let's tone it down.

I'll have you know my one joke on this thread was a tasteful one about e-cigs and the power of friendship.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: WhiteCrow on April 15, 2016, 09:36:33 PM
Are you like proud of that?

I finally agree with you. I guess that's one of the reasons I haven't bothered with the 'chefist's Hey Everyone, Look at Me! Pay Attention To Me!' thread.

ItsOver

Quote from: Art Bell on April 15, 2016, 08:49:36 PM
I did at one point say I was leaving, but not forever. I don't come here very frequently because of all the negative stuff but I remain a Bell Gabber. I do return every now and then to see if anything has changed.

Art
Welcome.  Post Host often.

ItsOver

Quote from: trostol on April 15, 2016, 09:16:56 PM
add in the inappropriate times of laughing, the over dramatic and the GN like catch phrase of oh my god..oh and the never ending informing us she is a witch
Is she a witch that wuz in the navy? 

Aussie Dave

Come back to us Art in any capacity. One night a week or a month. Do a podcast. Broadcast from your home. Whatever it takes.

Aussie Dave

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 16, 2016, 03:04:31 AM
I finally agree with you. I guess that's one of the reasons I haven't bothered with the 'chefist's Hey Everyone, Look at Me! Pay Attention To Me!' thread.

Why does chefist label every thread with his name?

akwilly

I will bet my ass that he does an election night show

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Aussie Dave on April 16, 2016, 03:32:37 AM
Come back to us Art in any capacity. One night a week or a month. Do a podcast. Broadcast from your home. Whatever it takes.

I fully support fake Jaz's suggestion.

jazmunda

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 16, 2016, 03:35:13 AM
I fully support fake Jaz's suggestion.

Real Jaz (tm) agrees with this message.

ItsOver

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 15, 2016, 09:24:45 PM
Art, stop crapping on my bobo reading.
Hehe.  I'm starting to miss "the wit and witticism" of Gnoory posts.

Art, have you developed a taste for Chicago all-beef hot dogs?  I understand they're "thuh best!"  How about turkee sammiches?