• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

inuk2600

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 04, 2015, 03:19:19 PM
Well.  Yeah.  I do.  Navigation through the site.  Access to it and features.  I figure it is part of what I pay for with my TT sub.  If it's not part of the 'whole package' then correct me if I am wrong. 
If it's a case of 'it is what it is' then ... okay.  Will it improve in time?  I think so.  But then again, maybe not.   Then....okay.  My primary reason to sub is ART FUCKING BELL, and like it or not inuk, the website is a reflection of him, Keith, (Redacted) and the others (?) who are involved.  That's why I think what is presented is really a temp thing subject to updating or improvement.

'Johnny on the spot.'  Kudos for that. It seems that there has been some mention that K is hideously overworked or out of his element skills wise.  I dunno.  But I would hope that would change for him as we all move fwd and he is able to grow the team as much as might need to grow.

I wonder if there is any possible iteration of the website that wouldn't attract at least two complainers - I doubt that. In this case the two complainers tend to be very loud, and their sincerity is questionable.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Mild Bill on October 04, 2015, 02:02:42 AM
I'm an Air Force veteran of Viet-Nam, flew 171 combat missions. Why do I feel like I was in the barracks having a bull session with the guys when all of a sudden the Air Force Chief of Staff comes bursting in telling us to knock it off because we don't know what we're talking about!

What the fuck, Art!  Ever hear the ages old expression "it's a soldier's privilege to complain"?

Don't give me this shit of "maybe it's just not worth it"! Of course it's worth it!  Why the hell did you come back on the air?  Why the hell do you think we're here? 

We're here because of YOU, you old fart!  We're your fans!  We're overjoyed you're back on the air!  We want the best for you, damn it!!

If you want "roses and rainbows" go visit the other chat site; they're so sweet! 

We may be only vaguely lovable...but we're loyal to you.
Wow, Mild Bill, that's one hell of a pep talk, and a very inspiring one at that!  I may use it myself when I having one of those "What's The Point" days.

And, Mild Bill, thank you for your service sir.

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on October 04, 2015, 03:25:11 PM
At least when I log on to artbell.com I don't have to wait 5 minutes for all the crap ads to finnish loading before I can even navigate. As for Leo it's out of my hands now.

Art

There is that.

nbirnes

Quote from: TigerLily on October 04, 2015, 03:00:56 PM
Tomorrow it might be good to phone those stations. Imo stay super positive and say you're looking forward to Art and don't even mention Ashcraft and all the drama.

Does anybody feel like writing up a little script and post it here and on the From Art thread?

Bump. Vestal virgin-ish excellent idea. I want to help. I love hearing the list of stations grow.

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on October 04, 2015, 03:28:26 PM
Art...this is really a non factor in terms of the success of MITD...you will continue to thrive, of that I have no doubt...No one really knows who Leo is anyway...
True enough.

paladin1991

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 04, 2015, 12:14:46 PM
I'm listening to last night's GabCast. Great to hear MV.

...Are we going to war against Noory?

Ready to fire off that Krisco Kiss Missle!

GravitySucks

Quote from: HorrorReporter on October 04, 2015, 03:55:16 PM
I am following this train wreck driven by Leo and I have only to ponder.. why only minutes ago is he still posting paranormal links to an Art Bell fan site on Facebook? the only thought it's an auto-timed Facebook update..?? Any help with this one?

I am actually a bit taken back by the high drama in the high desert.
Luckily, once it's MONDAY, it's back to show time and this weekend sideshow will just be an early Halloween short film.
No links to Art's page, just using his key words and hashtags to drive traffic to his site

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 04, 2015, 04:04:26 PM
I'm just saying it wouldn't be hard to take over Dave's show for a week and use our media connections to destroy Dave's show. Imagine if tech and millennial websites started covering what a colossal clustermuck Dave's show becomes continually being derailed because of these pussy corporate guerrilla tactics. You think the original blitz was crazy?

I'm not advocating anything and I don't know who's in the wrong here. But Art has tens of thousands of devoted fans. Dave has Tommy.

Millennials, LOL. They have their hands full with the issues of our time, like manspreading , trigger warnings , and misgendering the transgendered and transabled.

Not gonna happen shitlord.

nbirnes

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 04, 2015, 04:04:26 PM
You think the original blitz was crazy?

It was Bella🌸.

nbirnes

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 04, 2015, 04:14:44 PM
I'm already annoyed enough about Art not being able to post guests in advance. Every time these things seem to happen, there's bread crumbs leading back to the dumpy one. Art's show has threads devoted to it in a lot of places black and grey hatters frequent. This info won't leak out because we're cult members who know everything but if there's a quiet coordinate effort, we could really fuck Dave's show up and make him look like a psychopathic creep in the hip media which is something Dave craves but will never touch.

I think the man who can make dreams come true is our very own Saucy Rossy. He does know the media, I think. And he has minions, I would hope. Put out the Saucy Signal ... he's sure to respond.

jazmunda

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 04, 2015, 03:43:57 PM
But Art, the question remains... What's your favorite vegetable?

It's definitely not Lima Beans. Or as Leo would pronounce them Lema Beans. Too soon?

nbirnes

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 04, 2015, 04:17:02 PM
I couldn't think of a better word for all the trendy news, tech and pseudo culture sites that are popping up that would freak out covering a black hat war on Dave. Plus millennials are marks who have nothing but free time and love righteous indignation, something like this once the ball gets rolling is right up their alley.

And don't forget -- the media needs stories. We are a sub-sub-subcult who have given the world most of their fantasy, so they do listen. Spin it as a Sauron vs. Smaug sort of thing, with witches galore as we head toward the most beloved hallow times.

Who will win?

Yeah exactly 95% of Art's listening base won't even notice DMRN is gone let alone all the bullshit behind it.

No one should do anything until Art's legal course resolves itself but I think these little games by that depressed talentless hack are getting tiresome.

PING

I haven't listened to Gabcast, just sped-read through the last 800 pages since Friday, so pardon me if I missed something

*Leo had no intention of going to C2C, so THAT'S why he counter-offered $100K? The mush mouth doth protest too much.

*I HOPE Art has something in writing for the XDS deal that separated that from the DMN, so that Art can still get on terrestrial radio.

Quote from: MV on October 04, 2015, 03:41:39 PM
2) they really did make him an offer, but it was totally phony and only intended to mess things up inside artbell inc..

I wouldn't put it past C2C to do that. Sometimes companies/teams will sign an opposing exec/player just to not compete against them. Pay Leo to screw with the XDS deal & teach Dave to mangle the English language more.

As for stations dropping (salute to Palladin) ART FUCKING BELL, a legend, for some no-name mumble mouthed drama queen that airs dirty laundry, Caveat Emptor. I'll believe that when I hear Leo saying "Beee-yawns the ufo-ologist got drenched by Jo-keen at 12:01 Greenwitch time" on my AM radio.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 04, 2015, 04:14:44 PM
I'm already annoyed enough about Art not being able to post guests in advance. Every time these things seem to happen, there's bread crumbs leading back to the dumpy one. Art's show has threads devoted to it in a lot of places black and grey hatters frequent. This info won't leak out because we're cult members who know everything but if there's a quiet coordinate effort, we could really fuck Dave's show up and make him look like a psychopathic creep in the hip media which is something Dave craves but will never touch.

Not your personal army.

You're far more likely to get this forum raped.

paladin1991

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 04, 2015, 03:58:34 PM
I wonder if there is any possible iteration of the website that wouldn't attract at least two complainers - I doubt that. In this case the two complainers tend to be very loud, and their sincerity is questionable.
Probably not.  You can't make everybody happy can you?  And I wasn't complaining, I was responding to your post.  You can take it any way you want, it's not like I really give a shit what you think. 

My sincerity is that I want my ART FUCKING BELL.  And I'm glad to have him. 

Do you resemble your avatar?  You did come off a little manic in that post.

inuk2600

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 04, 2015, 04:29:19 PM
Probably not.  You can't make everybody happy can you?  And I wasn't complaining, I was responding to your post.  You can take it any way you want, it's not like I really give a shit what you think. 

My sincerity is that I want my ART FUCKING BELL.  And I'm glad to have him. 

Do you resemble your avatar?  You did come off a little manic in that post.

I was talking about the two in the context of my original post you big meanie.

paladin1991

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 04, 2015, 04:02:47 PM
Wow, Mild Bill, that's one hell of a pep talk, and a very inspiring one at that!  I may use it myself when I having one of those "What's The Point" days.

And, Mild Bill, thank you for your service sir.
I liked Mild Bill's post as well.  Reminded me of many an impromptu speech in the squad bay.

paladin1991

Quote from: nbirnes on October 04, 2015, 04:17:08 PM
I think the man who can make dreams come true is our very own Saucy Rossy. He does know the media, I think. And he has minions, I would hope. Put out the Saucy Signal ... he's sure to respond.

I was just firing up my Sassy Sashay and take it to the street....then I saw you said 'Saucy.'  Saucy.  Not Sassy.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 04, 2015, 04:30:11 PM
But I'm thinking of something else.

No one cares about a dumb radio war between two old fogies. Coast barely has anyone listening week to week and Art has a fraction of that as a start up. Get some perspective.

Just give me an entertaining, thought-provoking show without the bullshit, why is that so hard?

TigerLily

Quote from: coaster on October 04, 2015, 03:40:40 PM
Its too bad that you have to deal with this bullshit.
Perfectly to the point. Are you recovered from that nasty bug?

starrmtn001

Quote from: WhiteCrow on October 04, 2015, 10:07:02 AM
Who to believe LOL, not the issue my dear.... Heather was sent out by the evil overlords of ArtBell,inc.To do damage control, she did a very creditable job. Mr Bell should be please, I'd give her pay raise!

Vandeven Enterprises, seized the playing field last night, picked a couple of shills as co-hosts for the GabCast, so MV would have clear air time, to whip up and milk out the controversy at hand.
That's how professionals stir the pot!
Brilliant! Well played by all, very impressed and thank you for the ride!

No offense intended to the co-host🐏
I am, indeed, offended sir!  A "shill" is it now?  Really?  So, does this mean no Russell Stover Chocolates, or a pony?

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 04, 2015, 03:43:57 PM
But Art, the question remains... What's your favorite vegetable?
Yes. Let's keep our priorities straight

paladin1991

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 04, 2015, 04:30:37 PM
I was talking about the two in the context of my original post you big meanie.

Mea Culpa. *taps heart*

Faustina

Quote from: Art Bell on October 04, 2015, 01:06:15 AM
My goodness what a lot of out of place garbage. I never said Keith was king of the tech World but he has been there through the Years. Yes he is short with people at times but he had nothing to do with Leo's meltdown. Why people say things like this when they really are sitting on the sidelines and have no idea what is really going on?

Yes there have been problems in the past but we are trying our best to supply a quality product being just a small start up operation not a company with Billions of Dollars and endless people to do the work, maybe it's just not worth it.

Art

DMDN is a great product, as is MITD (the *best* version of The Art Bell Show *yet*).  Don't let all this turmoil created by Leo Ashcraft derail your, and Keith's, focus, Art.  It would be a huge shame if it deflated morale of the troops and allowed a lack of enthusiasm to slip in over doing the show as a result. 

Leo exited the way he did to create as much trouble as he possibly could.  PLEASE don't let him. 

Paradox

Quote from: weeberwubber on October 04, 2015, 01:34:13 PM
His comments quoted above must carry a major load of bullshit with them because 2 full days ago he posted this:

He's not only just now considering a show of his own because the radio stations are asking him to do it because he's now free. He had plans and aspirations to have the Art Bell limelight for his own while relegated to the bottom of the hour news. Just because you can pronounce marginally better than Norry doesn't mean you can use Art Fucking Bell as a rung in a ladder.
Marginally better is an overstatement IMO.   ;)
Sh*t!  Just what we need, another mediocre show host.  ::)

smithy

Quote from: Art Bell on October 04, 2015, 03:13:32 PM
Well fun to watch,the picture I told him to take down is indeed Photoshop and was part of a Lawsuit Years ago. He has no idea what he is doing. I would never take a picture of that kind any more then I would ever use bad language on air. I asked him twice to take it down and told him it was Photoshop, now he will learn the hard way.

As for the stations, ho hum I guess he is in full meltdown, as I said I am concerned for him.

Art

After Leo's failed business and reported declining health last year this downward spiral may have been going on for a few years.  I suspect Art's just a nice guy who tried to help him. But Leo's troubles seem to run deeper and he should consider getting some help. His problems most likely have nothing to do with Art or Keith who are simply the flavor of the week.

August 2014 Radio World
Thirty-year broadcast engineering consultancy and equipment producer Nexus Broadcast has closed and most of its employees let go.

Company President/CEO Leo Ashcraft confirmed the closing to Radio World, citing both his declining health and economics. “I can no longer operate the company effectively and have been unable to support a staff under the current economic climate in the broadcast industry,” he tells RW.

Morgus

Quote from: Art Bell on October 04, 2015, 03:13:32 PM
Well fun to watch,the picture I told him to take down is indeed Photoshop and was part of a Lawsuit Years ago. He has no idea what he is doing. I would never take a picture of that kind any more then I would ever use bad language on air. I asked him twice to take it down and told him it was Photoshop, now he will learn the hard way.

As for the stations, ho hum I guess he is in full meltdown, as I said I am concerned for him.

Art

It appears Leo has finally taken down that photoshop pic and updated his profile picture at his facebook page this afternoon...

Paradox

Quote from: Art Bell on October 04, 2015, 01:06:15 AM
My goodness what a lot of out of place garbage. I never said Keith was king of the tech World but he has been there through the Years. Yes he is short with people at times but he had nothing to do with Leo's meltdown. Why people say things like this when they really are sitting on the sidelines and have no idea what is really going on?

Yes there have been problems in the past but we are trying our best to supply a quality product being just a small start up operation not a company with Billions of Dollars and endless people to do the work, maybe it's just not worth it.

Art
And a quality product it definitely is!
Hang in there Bro.  Surely all this knee jerk reactionary BS will die down soon.  Meantime, keep on keeping on!