George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

FXX

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 09, 2020, 08:01:05 AM
You’re young. You’ll learn. ;)
No I'm genuinely interested in your claim I mean if you say something like that you should have some evidence to back it up.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: FXX on January 09, 2020, 09:00:23 AM
No I'm genuinely interested in your claim I mean if you say something like that you should have some evidence to back it up.

Blow me.

ItsOver

:-[
Quote from: Jojo on January 08, 2020, 04:16:30 PM
Everyone say a prayer for... women who are too afraid to go to the river alone because it doesn't seem safe gender-wise.
That's a big problem in most places.

http://youtu.be/3RHZEzVUBPk

Quote from: albrecht on January 04, 2020, 03:00:49 PM
Norry always gives them an "out" or "explanation" and agrees with the ridiculous "well we can't predict the event AND the time" (due to quantum woo, of course.) Or "well, we have to wait to see who the Democratic nominee is." Why? The question for the psychic was "who will win the Presidency," not who will be the Democratic candidate. And for Hogue Norry claims "he is always right- even about the last election because Hillary won the popular vote." I guess the psychic realm doesn't understand the Electoral College process? 

Having said that I admire a good "psychic" in a way. A mix of ability to read people's voice-mannerisms-expressions, soft interrogation, and sales techniques. Always easier because the 'mark' is coming, or calling in, to you so, likely, they already 'want' to believe. I don't like them taking advantage of people.

I feel nothing but disgust for those who prey on pitiful low IQ individuals. Such cons are like vultures. There are genuine psychics, but you will never hear them on Coast to Coast. They are hidden away in ethnic enclaves. When my husband was still in the United States, he patronized all the local curenderas. These ladies were good. It was nerve-wracking because I couldn't keep secrets from him (I had to hide money because he is a spendthrift, and someone had to pay the bills). With curenderas the talent seems to be passed from generation to generation. They didn't charge much (sometimes as little as five bucks) and if they do any advertising, it is only in Spanish language publications. They certainly don't write books.

It seems likely that Tommy and George are taking some gravy from their "psychics". What other reason would there be to promote such losers who are never correct? Gordon Michael Scallion was Art's favorite "psychic" and seems to be a non-entity now... probably because none of his "predictions"came to pass.

In his new commercial for Noory Beets,  Snorge butchers the pronunciation of: Loire Valley. He probably had never come across that name before he read the ad copy.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 08, 2020, 11:15:23 PM
Shill callers have been around as long as talk radio itself.  Clear Channel (now IHeart) took it to a new level in the late 90s when they started using radio personalities from CC stations in other markets to stir up listeners.

I doubt Thomas is a paid caller, I think he just likes to call radio shows.  He strikes me as a 50ish Wally Cox type who has few real world friends, and "lives" through his radio identities.  There is a guy here locally who calls both local and national sports talk shows, and I know he has gone by at least three different names.  He works in a nearby hardware store, he's waited on me on a couple occasions.  The name on his store name tag is different from the names he uses on air.
I tend to agree. I know there were paid callers on the "network" but he seems a bit more nuanced and knows about a lot of esoteric/random subjects.  Of course this could be a paid shill also considering that but the style, if so, then well-done for a company hemorrhaging funds and assets. I've heard the same on my local AM, when it used to be good, with some callers- one of whom I knew- who would call in all the time and they would take him. Some folks get off on calling and aren't paid. My favorites? The calls that used to be random who would call into the AM thinking FM, and vice-versa. Old folks and stoned types both would be messed with. Due to both KLBG (before crap new ownerships.)

FXX

Quote from: albrecht on January 09, 2020, 09:54:29 PM
I tend to agree. I know there were paid callers on the "network" but he seems a bit more nuanced and knows about a lot of esoteric/random subjects.  Of course this could be a paid shill also considering that but the style, if so, then well-done for a company hemorrhaging funds and assets. I've heard the same on my local AM, when it used to be good, with some callers- one of whom I knew- who would call in all the time and they would take him. Some folks get off on calling and aren't paid. My favorites? The calls that used to be random who would call into the AM thinking FM, and vice-versa. Old folks and stoned types both would be messed with. Due to both KLBG (before crap new ownerships.)
I can say that most of the people who call in dont get off on it at all. Thomas in la jolla doesn't even use his real name to the best of my knowledge when he calls in so we are really not attention seeking individuals. Personally speaking if I feel that I can contribute to a show in a positive way then I will try to contribute and make it better.

Dateline

oh another Walmart queen leading a double life as an astrologer/psychic. The absolute drivel that pours from these people's mouths -  'Astrology is a language. It's an interpretive art' followed up by mumbo jumbo about the torsion field, cosmic soup and the universe is vibrational. now she's giving readings ...... to disembodied voices calling in. she claims she's 95% accurate. either completely delusional or nothing more than just a common scam artist preying on the naive.

how is it Knapp, Punnett and Syrett can find semi-interesting guests and George can't?  The answer is it's not George, he's just there to collect a paycheck, the endless parade of psychics and spiritualists is on Tom Danhiser. He's the Harvey Weinstein of overnight talk radio I think, he creeps around the Internet looking for these broads - 'Baby I can make you a star, you'll be doing tours all around the country, regular spots on Coast, I can make this happen. I'll need some photos, nothing too risque, swimsuit is fine'.  George interviews anybody Tommy books, if Tommy booked a duck George wouldn't bat an eyelash

George: Our guest tonight is Gary the Duck. Gary how are yeeeeeeeeeew? It's good to have you on the show.' 

Gary: quack quack!

George: 'Gary I've been saying for the past couple of years (closer to 10 years) that there's something going on out there. I can't put my finger on it. People are acting strange. Have you noticed it?"

Gary: quack! quack! quack!

George: That's right. Gary where can we find out more about you? Do you have a website? Do ducks have websites?

Jojo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on January 09, 2020, 08:12:07 PM
I feel nothing but disgust for those who prey on pitiful low IQ individuals. Such cons are like vultures. There are genuine psychics, but you will never hear them on Coast to Coast. They are hidden away in ethnic enclaves. When my husband was still in the United States, he patronized all the local curenderas. These ladies were good. It was nerve-wracking because I couldn't keep secrets from him (I had to hide money because he is a spendthrift, and someone had to pay the bills). With curenderas the talent seems to be passed from generation to generation. They didn't charge much (sometimes as little as five bucks) and if they do any advertising, it is only in Spanish language publications. They certainly don't write books.

It seems likely that Tommy and George are taking some gravy from their "psychics". What other reason would there be to promote such losers who are never correct? Gordon Michael Scallion was Art's favorite "psychic" and seems to be a non-entity now... probably because none of his "predictions"came to pass.
A psychic once told me that a blond friend would get into a bad fight with me.  I didn't have a blond friend.   I said, "No way; no idea what you're talking about."  Sure enough, within the month I met a blond friend and when I wouldn't do her work for her (wow) she vandalized my bike and although I couldn't prove it, that ended the friendship.  So, it's not that they're so often wrong; it's just that they don't always know the points of reference surrounding their prediction.  They have knowledge in advance of just certain aspects of situations or people.  They don't know the whole context.  So when they explain it, there's a lot of possibility for error.  Just my opinion.  But the ones that charge money, I wouldn't trust.  Everyone needs resources, though.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 10, 2020, 03:26:22 AM
oh another Walmart queen leading a double life as an astrologer/psychic. The absolute drivel that pours from these people's mouths -  'Astrology is a language. It's an interpretive art' followed up by mumbo jumbo about the torsion field, cosmic soup and the universe is vibrational. now she's giving readings ...... to disembodied voices calling in. she claims she's 95% accurate. either completely delusional or nothing more than just a common scam artist preying on the naive.

I could only take ten minutes of the "astrologer" before I turned off the radio. This idiot woman said the Soviet Union disolved in 1982. By the time the Soviet Union really did disolve 1991/92, Pluto was not conjunct Saturn. That transit had been over for YEARS. Pluto and Saturn conjunct once per Saturn cycle (28-30 years). The influence lasts about two years, and there is no day when it is strongest. These con artists just make stuff up as they go along. Hyping a certain day brings in money. It reminds me of the phony end-of-the-mayan-calander when the public was told that on Dec. 21st. 2012 the Galactic Center would align with the rising sun. True enough, but what the public was not told was that this would happen  EVERY Dec. 21st, for decades to come.

The first guest said: "I go all over the world...and you do too". George goes all over the world? I've been further under the barn hunting eggs, than George has been away from home.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 10, 2020, 03:42:39 AM
how is it Knapp, Punnett and Syrett can find semi-interesting guests and George can't?  The answer is it's not George, he's just there to collect a paycheck, the endless parade of psychics and spiritualists is on Tom Danhiser. He's the Harvey Weinstein of overnight talk radio I think, he creeps around the Internet looking for these broads - 'Baby I can make you a star, you'll be doing tours all around the country, regular spots on Coast, I can make this happen. I'll need some photos, nothing too risque, swimsuit is fine'.  George interviews anybody Tommy books, if Tommy booked a duck George wouldn't bat an eyelash

George: Our guest tonight is Gary the Duck. Gary how are yeeeeeeeeeew? It's good to have you on the show.' 

George: 'Gary I've been saying for the past couple of years (closer to 10 years) that there's something going on out there. I can't put my finger on it. People are acting strange. Have you noticed it?"

George: That's right. Gary where can we find out more about you? Do you have a website? Do ducks have websites?

This is the most logical explanation so far.

Uncle Duke

Radio legend Gary Burbank actually did this in the late 80s on WLW when Pete Rose was the manager of the Cincinnati Reds.  Rose had a pregame show on the station that was called "Head First" and featured Rose being interviewed by a member of broadcast team.  Burbank produced a parody of this show he called "Bill First."  He used the actual interviews, but replaced the interviewer with a duck.  These were one of Burbank's most most popular bits, but sadly none of them are on YouTube.

FXX

That would make for a compelling interview.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 10, 2020, 09:00:24 PM
Radio legend Gary Burbank actually did this in the late 80s on WLW when Pete Rose was the manager of the Cincinnati Reds.  Rose had a pregame show on the station that was called "Head First" and featured Rose being interviewed by a member of broadcast team.  Burbank produced a parody of this show he called "Bill First."  He used the actual interviews, but replaced the interviewer with a duck.  These were one of Burbank's most most popular bits, but sadly none of them are on YouTube.
I would like to hear that. Sounds hilarious. I was thinking of Norry interviewing "Howard the Duck."

ps: speaking of great radio and, somewhat similar, think about how ventriloquists, Bergen etc, had great/popular radio shows. Again- on radio. Later on greats like Art could have fake-Indians, feather not dot, "levitate, " or other various phenomena and claims, on radio and be great. Again both phenomena-- on radio.  Theater of the mind and magic in the static. Now, not many even try.

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 10, 2020, 09:00:24 PM
Heh, heh, heh... I remember those excellent "The Big One" radio days, when I lived in the locale.  Burbank was hilarious, there was an amusing sports-oriented show with Bob Trumpy, and Bill Cunningham was first surfacing with a night-time show that was actually pretty funny, with Kenny the trucker and other assorted characters, way before Cunningham went pretty much just the political angle.

Quote from: ItsOver on January 11, 2020, 09:49:49 AM
Heh, heh, heh... I remember those excellent "The Big One" radio days, when I lived in the locale.  Burbank was hilarious, there was an amusing sports-oriented show with Bob Trumpy, and Bill Cunningham was first surfacing with a night-time show that was actually pretty funny, with Kenny the trucker and other assorted characters, way before Cunningham went pretty much just the political angle.

Sports or Consequences I believe it was called.

George: Let's go to the phones. Thomas in La Jolla...take it away Tom!

Thomas: George, thank you for taking my call. Blessings to you, the staff and, of course, the entire Coast to Coast audience. Aaannnd, duck, you are a blessing. I look forward to obtaining your book. A question, a comment, and then I'll repeat the question.

ItsOver

Quote from: kingoftheintjs on January 11, 2020, 02:08:22 PM
Sports or Consequences I believe it was called.
That is correct.  Callers would ask Burbank and co. sport trivia questions.  If they got the answer correct, the joint refrain was "We don't, we don't, we don't mess around, hey!"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_or_Consequences

Ah, good times, good times. :)

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on January 11, 2020, 02:52:26 PM
That is correct.  Callers would ask Burbank and co. sport trivia questions.  If they got the answer correct, the joint refrain was "We don't, we don't, we don't mess around, hey!"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_or_Consequences

Ah, good times, good times. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbgkloiSL1M

Dateline

Tune into Giam this week!  Norry will interview "Psychic Duck" who stars as "Aflac Duck" and does the voiceovers for "Daffy Duck."  He is duckedly a Media Mogul Duck.

Behind the curtain, Norry is green with envy because of the extreme success of the duck in the interview chair across from where he will be sitting.  Norry is in a shitty mood anyway because She'-She' has found eternal unconditional love from her new and rich hubby. 

Norry saunders over to his seat in a dementia shuffle. 

Norry:  "I see you read goose feathers."  "How do you see the impeachment trial working out?"

Psychic Duck:  "Quack, Quack!" 

(From the producer, "You have to ask yes and not questions.  One quack means yes, and two quacks mean no" )

Norry:  "Do you see us bombing Iraq?"

Psychic Duck:  "Quack, Quack, Quack?"

Norry:  "Do you enjoy duck stew as an alternative health  cure for cancer?"

Psychic Duck:  "Quack."

Norry:  "Did you know that I eat that, duck stew, every day for lunch?"

Psychic Duck:  "Quack. Quack." 

Something about the conversation sets Psychic Duck off and he flies over and attacks Norry.  Feathers and toupees fly.  Norry runs off the stage and Psychic Duck takes over the interview chair. 

The show fades out.. 

The next interview shows starts, Beyond Belief.  Psychic Duck adorns the toupee.

And now for the next interview< we have a cow that just escaped mutilation that will be interviewed. . . .

Multilated Cow steps up to be interviewed:. .  . (The show must go on.)

Lilith

Norry asks psychic duck guest:  "How would you prefer that people refer to you as a psychic professional"?

psychic duck guest:  "Quack".

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on January 10, 2020, 08:36:09 PM

The first guest said: "I go all over the world...and you do too". George goes all over the world? I've been further under the barn hunting eggs, than George has been away from home.

lol I caught that too.  The guest was a pretty worldly guy, his father was either the House majority leader or US Senate in the 70s -  he probably assumed with George's cushy well paid job that George is a world traveler, a man of sophistication. George Noory literally could lay claim to the title of 'Most Uninteresting Man in The World' Stay dull my friends.

George's international travel seems to be restricted to Windsor, Canada and of course Mexico where he had that narrow escape from a taxi driving bandito.

and while that guest sounded smooth and relatively normal he later revealed he is a substitute host for Alex Jones.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 11, 2020, 10:20:29 PM
lol I caught that too.  The guest was a pretty worldly guy, his father was either the House majority leader or US Senate in the 70s -  he probably assumed with George's cushy well paid job that George is a world traveler, a man of sophistication. George Noory literally could lay claim to the title of 'Most Uninteresting Man in The World' Stay dull my friends.

George's international travel seems to be restricted to Windsor, Canada and of course Mexico where he had that narrow escape from a taxi driving bandito.

and while that guest sounded smooth and relatively normal he later revealed he is a substitute host for Alex Jones.

You mean the guy who replaced you as the nation’s most trusted reporter? ???

albrecht

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on January 10, 2020, 08:36:09 PM
I could only take ten minutes of the "astrologer" before I turned off the radio. This idiot woman said the Soviet Union disolved in 1982. By the time the Soviet Union really did disolve 1991/92, Pluto was not conjunct Saturn. That transit had been over for YEARS. Pluto and Saturn conjunct once per Saturn cycle (28-30 years). The influence lasts about two years, and there is no day when it is strongest. These con artists just make stuff up as they go along. Hyping a certain day brings in money. It reminds me of the phony end-of-the-mayan-calander when the public was told that on Dec. 21st. 2012 the Galactic Center would align with the rising sun. True enough, but what the public was not told was that this would happen  EVERY Dec. 21st, for decades to come.

Norry is remarkably untraveled. Apparently even though Navy for a time. Art claimed not to like travel much but did Egypt, Russia, France, and of course various Oriental trips and service. The amazing eacape by Norry from dastardly cartel operators is a classitach and deserves a whole show.. Not a splitsh show but a whole episode.

The guest is old guest, and good one. Soothing voice and fun stuff and ideas. I want to know his thoughts on Lindsey Williams. Hahaha.