Mathematical disciplines, in descending order of rigor:

Advanced mathematics
Differential equations
Algebra
Arithmetic
Recreational math
Dog shit
Numerology
I believe n numerology.  Some of it is common sense based on geometry.  1 stands alone, 2 is a pair, 3 is a triangle so that represents change, as triangles are not entirely symmetrical like a dot or line.  4 is a square so that's stability. 5 goes beyond stability.  6 is stable.  7 is mysterious.  8 is two squares, so extra stability & business-oriented.  9 is the culmination of 3X3 so take the changes brought about by 3 and they find "completion" in 9.  11 is special, 22 is special.  It makes a lot of common sense to me.  There is truth in math.

I don't know what Glynnis' stuff regarding names is called, but I agree with her that the first vowel in a name has meaning.  "I" sounds restrictive.  "E" is attention-getting, like, "Wheee!"  "A" is reliable.  "O" is well-rounded and capable.  "U" represents humor.  That just makes sense, whatever it's called.  And could explain why God in the Bible did not put a vowel in His name YHWY.

g, p, y all fall on the 7th letter of the alphabet (numerology only counts up to 9) & just looking at them you can tell they all have something in common, and with their tails "below the line", they area a little mysterious, just like the number 7 is reputed to be.

I see a lot of organic sense in this stuff.  Besides, it has to be true because George Noory's numbers add up to Bad Donkey, and that is what he is.

Quote from: Jojo on October 12, 2019, 03:23:37 PM
I believe n numerology.  Some of it is common sense based on geometry.  1 stands alone, 2 is a pair, 3 is a triangle so that represents change, as triangles are not entirely symmetrical like a dot or line.  4 is a square so that's stability. 5 goes beyond stability.  6 is stable.  7 is mysterious.  8 is two squares, so extra stability & business-oriented.  9 is the culmination of 3X3 so take the changes brought about by 3 and they find "completion" in 9.  11 is special, 22 is special.  It makes a lot of common sense to me.  There is truth in math.

I don't know what Glynnis' stuff regarding names is called, but I agree with her that the first vowel in a name has meaning.  "I" sounds restrictive.  "E" is attention-getting, like, "Wheee!"  "A" is reliable.  "O" is well-rounded and capable.  "U" represents humor.  That just makes sense, whatever it's called.  And could explain why God in the Bible did not put a vowel in His name YHWY.

g, p, y all fall on the 7th letter of the alphabet (numerology only counts up to 9) & just looking at them you can tell they all have something in common, and with their tails "below the line", they area a little mysterious, just like the number 7 is reputed to be.

I see a lot of organic sense in this stuff.  Besides, it has to be true because George Noory's numbers add up to Bad Donkey, and that is what he is.

I think you will be interested in my own work. I am a crapologist. I study doody. There are great truths revealed in human excrement, it originates from within the deepest darkest parts of ourselves, our very foundation, the bowels.  If you study the Bible which it appears you do 'bowels' are frequently mentioned in literal and allegorical senses. Have you taken the time to study your bowel movements and drawn any meaning from them similar to your understanding that 'O is well rounded and capable'? The spiral turd, tightly coiled, is a sign of a person who has been hurt emotionally and is only living now to protect itself from pain. The large log that floats alone is that of a confident and capable person who is a leader and a pillar of strength for those who need help and support. Of course a splattered bowl of viscous brown goo like an abstract painting has meaning, it is a life out of control. The long smooth surfaced snake like poop is a facsimile of the serpent in Genesis, a trickster deceiving others for his/her own gain. You do not want to start an intimate or professional relationship with a person who produces that kind of poop. These are just some basic examples, the work and research is much more complex but I will do an extensive poop reading via Skype or email for those interested and there are quite a few who are.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on October 12, 2019, 04:26:20 PM
I think you will be interested in my own work. I am a crapologist. I study doody. There are great truths revealed in human excrement, it originates from within the deepest darkest parts of ourselves, our very foundation, the bowels.  If you study the Bible which it appears you do 'bowels' are frequently mentioned in literal and allegorical senses. Have you taken the time to study your bowel movements and drawn any meaning from them similar to your understanding that 'O is well rounded and capable'? The spiral turd, tightly coiled, is a sign of a person who has been hurt emotionally and is only living now to protect itself from pain. The large log that floats alone is that of a confident and capable person who is a leader and a pillar of strength for those who need help and support. Of course a splattered bowl of viscous brown goo like an abstract painting has meaning, it is a life out of control. The long smooth surfaced snake like poop is a facsimile of the serpent in Genesis, a trickster deceiving others for his/her own gain. You do not want to start an intimate or professional relationship with a person who produces that kind of poop. These are just some basic examples, the work and research is much more complex but I will do an extensive poop reading via Skype or email for those interested and there are quite a few who are.

Sounds like the introduction to Mary Roach's next book, "Poop."

albrecht

Slavoj Žižek was better on the topic, well on TOILETS- not on the "waste," per se. Though, as I have mentioned before the Dutch and some German toilets are designed for such. And- a bonus- he sweats A LOT and even, compared with "Fellow Traveler" Bernie, has more spittle when ranting to adoring students!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzXPyCY7jbs

Jojo

You are being a worm, which is actually very important.  Because someday we all will be worm poop.  I take it the connection between numbers, geometry & nature does not impress you - - but it should!

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on October 12, 2019, 04:53:17 PM
Slavoj Žižek was better on the topic, well on TOILETS- not on the "waste," per se. Though, as I have mentioned before the Dutch and some German toilets are designed for such. And- a bonus- he sweats A LOT and even, compared with "Fellow Traveler" Bernie, has more spittle when ranting to adoring students!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzXPyCY7jbs
A discussion of toilets in the GNS forum.  How a propos.

You could be having a Kundalini crisis and George would still be trying to task.

Punnett with a dud of a show, guest is an H.P. Lovecraft scholar or whatever if he isn't an academic. I've never read the man's work and have no interest.

Dateline

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on October 13, 2019, 01:41:47 AM
Punnett with a dud of a show, guest is an H.P. Lovecraft scholar or whatever if he isn't an academic. I've never read the man's work and have no interest.

I did not tune in because I was waiting for the finale of the Gabcast!

Lilith

If I'm still awake, and George Senda doesn't go live, I might tune in for this.

Jojo

Quote from: brig on October 13, 2019, 01:50:49 PM

If I'm still awake, and George Senda doesn't go live, I might tune in for this.
Based on the date of the post & the prospective date of the show, Brig is missing time.  About 48 hours.  A lot of probing could happen in 48 hours...

Jimmy Church is a special kind of awful. Listening to him and his guest's pseudoscience/religion bullshit conversation has me alternately laughing and screaming at my monitor.

Jimmy gave this guest his start in the woo for bucks industry and he says he's so proud that his guest is now being accepted by the 'community'. Oh he just said his guest's name, he's Canadian, at least I take some comfort in that other countries also produce charlatans.

albrecht

Was chopping down and trimming some of the trees and so "catching up" on C2C. Credit to Norry, yes I said that, Norry mentioned Emanuel Swedenborg, née Swedborg, and Lex quickly mentioned some of his works! 

Happy Columbus Day all- Vikings beat him by centuries though. Though I won't dispute his accomplishments or this revisionism and demand to vandalize his statues, rename the holiday, etc.

Jojo

Quote from: brig on October 14, 2019, 09:01:15 PM

Are you posting the tile for the show which is occurring right now?  Or are you still running behind like last time?  Did you have missing time last time?

Lilith

If Heathers a no show, I might try to catch the the first half.

Dateline

There are no coincidences.  The ad  that is flashing as I reviewed the thread is for Squatty  Potty.  It says, "Poop Better."  The normal toliet kinks your colon.  Unkink your colon by using Squatty Potty.

I report.  You decide.

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on October 16, 2019, 09:07:38 AM
There are no coincidences.  The ad  that is flashing as I reviewed the thread is for Squatty  Potty.  It says, "Poop Better."  The normal toliet kinks your colon.  Unkink your colon by using Squatty Potty.

I report.  You decide.
The squatty potty concept works.  I've only had to try it once, but it may have saved my life that day!

Jojo

George did a very good job last week articulating "Kurdish militia" and "British Kurdish intelligence".  Of course, listeners waited for him to mess up, but he actually got through the  white-knuckling pronunciations pretty well during a rather long news segment.

And on Thursday, he pronounced nuclear pretty well, as new-clear, which is a vast improvement from the old new-cue-ler.  A finishing touch would be to emphasize the first syllable, not the second one of three.

albrecht

Join George Noory as he hosts “The Great Impeachment Debate."   

"We don't do politics."  ;)   

And later a non-LMH doing the updates on Cattle Mutilations.  :(   

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2019/10/17

Dateline

Quote from: albrecht on October 17, 2019, 07:41:16 PM

I don't do Norry. ;)

Dateline

You cannot recapture the magic, Norry!  There is only one Linda Moulton Howe who could cover cow patties like cow patties need to be covered.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on October 17, 2019, 07:41:16 PM

I remember 2013 when he claimed he didn't drink much, just "an occasional sherry"!

pate

Properly this belongs in the "Embrace the Suck:  Noory Bumber Musak"(or whatever I nommen'd it) thread but what the hell, no one reads that shit or could fynd it anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0kMA8-U0ME

Cheers!

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Jojo on October 17, 2019, 05:11:57 AM
George did a very good job last week articulating "Kurdish militia" and "British Kurdish intelligence".  Of course, listeners waited for him to mess up, but he actually got through the  white-knuckling pronunciations pretty well during a rather long news segment.

And on Thursday, he pronounced nuclear pretty well, as new-clear, which is a vast improvement from the old new-cue-ler.  A finishing touch would be to emphasize the first syllable, not the second one of three.

He did? Not tonight. Mike Pence, he informed us, has negotiated a cease-fire that would allow the withdrawal of someone called ‘Kurdiss Melissa’.

It also allowed the complete withdrawal of Joorch, who went missing again in the last half hour, to be replaced by his mangling of The Tell-Tale Heart, for which he should be impeached for Crimes Against Great Literature.

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 18, 2019, 03:31:06 AM
He did? Not tonight. Mike Pence, he informed us, has negotiated a cease-fire that would allow the withdrawal of someone called ‘Kurdiss Melissa’.

It also allowed the complete withdrawal of Joorch, who went missing again in the last half hour, to be replaced by his mangling of The Tell-Tale Heart, for which he should be impeached for Crimes Against Great Literature.
Ha!  Compare Jorch to someone like Vincent.  Heh, why bother.  Jorch, you're a complete joke.

DanTSX

Quote from: albrecht on October 14, 2019, 03:59:23 PM
Was chopping down and trimming some of the trees and so "catching up" on C2C. Credit to Norry, yes I said that, Norry mentioned Emanuel Swedenborg, née Swedborg, and Lex quickly mentioned some of his works! 

Happy Columbus Day all- Vikings beat him by centuries though. Though I won't dispute his accomplishments or this revisionism and demand to vandalize his statues, rename the holiday, etc.

That’s the guy who thinks you can get so spiritual you can breath through your ballsack.  And on Sundays, you have a second stomach.

Also, Lonewoo And north had notes so Noory could put the ball on the tee for him....