• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on June 01, 2019, 07:13:24 PM
I remain flummoxed after hearing George's mother on the air;  perplexed by how such a pius woman could have spawned a guy for sale to the highest bidder. Someone who's opinions and allegiances shift daily, with whatever direction the smell of money is blowing from. I have never heard of a radio personality so successful at spinning his fame into income producing sidelines. Snoorge has admitted as much in writing, and there's nothing wrong with this... except that he portrays himself as a benevolent  "worker in the light" guru. A genuine humanitarian teacher does not place filthy lucre at the top of his priority list.

I feel sad for Mrs. Noory. She did not sound feisty to me, merely old and reconciled to life as it actually is. I wonder if she she has been deeply hurt by some of George's more sacrilegious shows. Her saving grace is that the show starts at 1am in Detroit, and she probably conks-out during the first half hour.
Well, he's obviously not spending the money on himself or his credit for that matter, according to HereWeGoAgain.  I wouldn't say Irish Spring is a luxury item, but he likes it.  And, some people are private about their meaningful giving.

As for his mother raising such an arrogant, sometimes insulting bully, maybe she was too indulgent.  She let him get away with what many would consider abuse and maybe even neglect of many small domestic and wild critters and insects, both inside the house and outside.  Maybe she had to be nice to him, if he dad was too harsh?

He should not apologize to Barry on air.  That would only draw more attention to a potentially embarrassing thing.  But he owes Barry big time.  Stating the condition was bad enough, but then going on about some dentist donating just enough to fix 5% of the problem was overkill, nothing less than true mockery.  What gets into this host?  Does he not realize he is on national & international radio?  Do you think such lapses of professionalism are from maybe dementia?  That he forgets there are hundreds of thousands of listeners?  Or maybe he just has to knock others down to feel okay about himself.  Did Barry do something to annoy George?

I don't like to hate George.  But when he does stuff like this, how can he possibly wonder why others mock him?

ItsOver

Quote from: Sixteen on June 01, 2019, 07:13:22 PMI
Granted, but they say it's "live".  Are there no compliance entities?
I'm shocked, especially for a show known for its integrity.

It doesn't matter how much money someone gives away if they are advancing the cause of evil. Some of the most evil people in the world give away millions every year. One can't buy back their soul or their character with large donations. One tends to think George's family members are the recipients of his largesse. Nothing wrong with this, but the point is that the image invented for George is a fraud, and anyone wth two brain cells can see this. Doesn't say much for his intellectually challenged fan base, does it?

Dateline

I heard him on a St. Louis podcast saying about what you alluded to, that is his schtick, or put on. " He has acted like a nice guy, and it has worked for him."  It was like he really had to work at it.  Now, if you are really a good person, you don't have to put on an act.  It just flows through your actions and thoughts.  Or, that has been my observations through life.

Jojo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on June 01, 2019, 08:08:42 PM
It doesn't matter how much money someone gives away if they are advancing the cause of evil. Some of the most evil people in the world give away millions every year. One can't buy back their soul or their character with large donations. One tends to think George's family members are the recipients of his largesse. Nothing wrong with this, but the point is that the image invented for George is a fraud, and anyone wth two brain cells can see this. Doesn't say much for his intellectually challenged fan base, does it?
Last I heard, his son didn't even have his own place.  His mom was in the same old family home.  His sister passed away but with all her cancer, I doubt she was living the high life.  According to the articles he posted after his sister died, his nieces work for a living.  And it doesn't cost much to spoil a grandchild.

I wouldn't call George evil, or a fraud (except when the show isn't clear about whether he is live or not).  Maybe from time to time "the hulk" surfaces, but aren't many men like that?  Yes, he can be insensitive, but that is far from evil.  When he insults or scares people, I don't think his intentions are evil any more than most people with prominent Scorpio in their native astrological chart.

People "frame" their careers in politic ways.  He acts like a sex symbol and probably thinks he is.  He acts like a nice guy and probably thinks he is.

Not trying to be disagreeable, but I'd like to reserve evil for clear-cut cases.  George just has frequent one-off lapses. 

George sold out to the dark side long ago. All one has to do is listen to his guests. I know he does not have all that much say about the guests, but he could refuse to take part in the endless propaganda and fleecing of his listeners. The employee seems to know so much about every little detail of his personal life, I'm beginning to think she is really Snoorge's wife. Yeah, I know, after he was forced to admit he had married for a second time, he then claimed that it did not last. Not buying it. He lies about everything. It looks to me like there are two employees who patrol this thread. They play good cop/bad cop.

AZZERAE

I'm remembering the time Noory had on some guy who talked about Krampus. The guy was clearly nervous and his laughter indicated as much. But the trouble arose when the King of Late Night Radio took issue with the devilish creature beating kids with sticks, for being naughty. Noory thought the guest was laughing at child abuse, dropped him during a commercial break, and went to Open Lines. Or maybe it was that Noory mispronounced the guests name in the first 5 seconds of the "interview", and he made the grave mistake of correcting him.

Jojo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on June 02, 2019, 02:39:53 AM
George sold out to the dark side long ago. All one has to do is listen to his guests. I know he does not have all that much say about the guests, but he could refuse to take part in the endless propaganda and fleecing of his listeners. The employee seems to know so much about every little detail of his personal life, I'm beginning to think she is really Snoorge's wife. Yeah, I know, after he was forced to admit he had married for a second time, he then claimed that it did not last. Not buying it. He lies about everything. It looks to me like there are two employees who patrol this thread. They play good cop/bad cop.
By your logic, every celebrity act is evil.  Lady Gaga does not really like raw food apparel, Sheldon isn't really autistic, Rose isn't really an airhead...  It's all entertainment to make money.  Heck, it was recently shown on a documentary that even the Duchess is just an act.  She doesn't actually own a cent & she can't be herself in the palace where she lives.  She is required to be at the beauty salon half days three days a week!  That is NOT her real personality.  It's an act.  Do you think these people are frauds?

Nobody "fleeces" anyone on Coast.  I have listened nearly every night for over 5 years & I have never paid a dime for any product other than Insiders once in a while.  Nonetheless, I have benefited enormously from the wisdom of Glynnis, Doc Wallach, and Benjamin Fuchs, & others.

I agree with you that George allows deception to occur, about his drinking, his religion, his heritage, and maybe even his prayer list.  Well, Scorpio influence is usually ugly. 

But, anyone who has been an unpaid astrologer for 30 years should be able to deduce that George is being what his natal stars reflected.  There is no doubt.  But you are too lazy to check it out.  Well, anyone trained in planets, signs, and houses can find out about George in 5 minutes with today's free online technology.  Not that an emphemeris is that difficult.  Gemini of course leads to duplicity.  Duh.  Leo rising leads to performance.  Aquarius moon leads to quirky topics and associates.  Taurus Venus makes social gaffes, slow learning, and an overall nice person.  Some experts have said that placements of Mercury such as his are poor, although I can't remember at the moment why, but that would explain his forked tongue syndrome.  Scorpio in the house of Identity makes for a dark side.  And you blame him?  How would you feel if someone judged you for traits reflected in the universe at the moment you were born?  Better to pick on how he handles a given situation, like being rude to Barry.  And before you make assumptions about my motives, I have also analyzed natal charts of members of this forum, not just George.

I am not Lisa (ROFL) but if I were, I don't think I would have time nor interest in gossip here.  Lisa is at the top of the food chain.  I knew I was a decent writer, but gee, thanks for the compliment.  According to public records at the time I viewed them, Lisa started out as a copy editor.  Now, she is an executive producer.  Usually that means very long days, some weekend work, travel and the type of complicated lifestyle which usually matches an abundant paycheck.  While Lisa is at the top of the networks food chain, a quick reading of the Technology threads demonstrate that I, on the other hand, am still learning whether a device-based app will function on a library computer website.  Library,as in public library, for poor people.

As to whether or not Wife #2 would even want to watch George's back, you obviously  are not paying attention, for it is highly debatable.  One time he made an on-the-job error.  Evidently she did have a few moments, because it seemed like she metaphorically, stabbed him in the gut several delicious times on the job, and he deserved it entirely.  It's all in THIS thread - for anyone diligent enough to do the research.

But no, you are lazy.  You make assumptions.  Divorce records are PUBLIC information.  I double-dog dare you to pay the $13 or whatever to take the couple hours necessary to obtain the second divorce records.  Puh-lease.  Presumably the divorce would have occurred in the Show Me state sometime between 1997-2001.  FYI, the exact year IS in an archived online George Noory text chat.  (Tip:  Use the "find" feature on the word "divorced").  Why don't YOU "employ" yourself to do the real work instead of speculating about forum members. 

Jojo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on December 06, 2013, 07:52:56 PM
George, you're always talking about how you love and provide for your family. I wonder how you would feel if your family was living in these conditions, and there was a radio program seemingly devoted to exploiting and profiting from YOUR poverty-stricken family members. How would you feel about the host of that program? Words cannot describe how offensive I find you and your guest's Mayan bullshit.
I learned from people in this forum that he did sponsor an impoverished child.  By my calculations, he could be paying tuition for that one now, for all anyone knows.

Jojo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on December 10, 2013, 08:57:03 PM

I have enough critical thinking skills to know that no-one makes it to the position Jorch has in the media, without being groomed for it for years. He may not have been at the top of the list, but he was on the list. The two main prerequisites  for a on-air radio career are a nice voice and the ability to enunciate and speak clearly. A two-year-old enunciates better than George, and his voice is average. He doesn't have the golden pipes of a James Earl Jones. As for the hosts who came and went before George, these media puppets are moved from slot to slot like so many pegs on a peg board. They end up where they serve the agenda best. No, I don't think he earned it.

Like I said before, I don't hate George. I hate that he's lazy and that he seems clueless about the damage he's doing to himself and his pathetically ignorant fans. Bullying and mob mentality do not adequately explain the visceral negative reaction Noory evokes in so many people.
According to Premiere, at age 28, George was the youngest major market news director in the U.S.  He got there by working his way up.  Later, he hosted his own show.  Clearly, he worked to earn his position.  If he weren't doing Coast, he'd probably still be doing his own show. 

Jojo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on August 07, 2017, 07:32:14 PM
By the way, you said it was possible that George had dated the transgender stalker without knowing who 'it' really was. Come to think of it, YOU seemed to know an awful lot about the transgender stalker, almost like you know this person. You say "she is really a neat person", "she tries to help people", "she has great writing skills". I deleted this comment, as I had deleted the first one, but it remains in my trash can. How is it YOU know so much about the transgender stalker? Food for thought.
Perhaps because her moniker is in this forum, her history of posting at GLP is in this forum, and GLP is pretty transparent.  Anyone can go to GLP and read the poster's history.  And people who know how to do advanced searches through the GLP search fields can find even more content.  I forget you are new to having convenient Internet.

Jojo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on November 09, 2012, 12:33:51 AM
Yep, I'm the real deal. Here"s my website: www.searchingforfernando.wordpress.com   If you are one of the few who actually read my long, long, story, and are inclined to think I made it up, I have a standing offer: anyone who thinks I invented my story can come to my town. I will show them the original documents that are on my website (but you better bring a Spanish translator because I can't even read the Spanish documents myself). I will introduce them to the witnesses to my story. I will take them to the local police station, and they can read the police records that back up my story. By the way, you'll never hear a story like mine on C2C because: #1   It actually happened   #2   I can prove it actually happened   #3   if I was a guest on C2C no one's palm would be greased (including my own) and   #4   I would only tell this story on the radio to an expert interviewer like Art or George Knapp.
You worry too much.  You think people won't believe your history, but a poster tried to compliment you on it and then you didn't believe the poster even read your story!  The phrase, "Beyond Belief" had to have been invented for you.  You don't think people will believe you.  When they do, you don't believe them.  And you don't believe anyone else.  WHAT WAS THE LIE IN YOUR CHILDHOOD.  Or are you going to dance this dance for the rest of your life?  (Nice legs, by the way.)  Sure, there are plenty of lies in this world but have some fun and stop letting them pull you around by a ring in the nose.  The nose of lies.  The nose that KNOWS the lie that was told when you were too little to deal with it.  You're not little now.  You are just Beyond Belief.

Jojo

http://randikjohnson.blogspot.com/

When I think of evil, I think of the way you displayed a photo of animal abuse on that webpage, without even commenting against it.  10th photo down on the right, about riding the Metro. 

I’m very surprised people still listen. Given the pure amount of commercials, I’m not even criticizing the content. I guess what I am really saying is that I am surprised there is that much of a captive audience for a radio show still. There are so many podcast that are much lighter on the commercial content. I’d guess the majority of listeners are either in a vehicle or older folks who know nothing of podcast.

Quote from: Sixteen on June 02, 2019, 06:12:40 PM
According to Premiere, at age 28, George was the youngest major market news director in the U.S.  He got there by working his way up.  Later, he hosted his own show.  Clearly, he worked to earn his position.  If he weren't doing Coast, he'd probably still be doing his own show.

I doubt it. Local night radio shows no longer exist. He was hosting a Art Bell clone show in St Louis.That is not to say he wouldn’t work in radio. Just he’d be doing something else.

I know George enjoys working. But he is getting up there in age has admitted working radio has hurt his marriages which led to divorce. Noory has said he enjoys going to affiliate promotions for fun. At some point, I hope Noory accomplishes whatever it is he wants to and is able to move on. He has kids and grandkids. I know everyone is different but if I were getting to Noory’s age I’d want to move on and accomplish family priorities, do part time work to stay busy. I give Noory credit for showing up year after year.

Jojo

He could be secretly stopping the Sudan war?  It's possible.

Did you know Taylor Swift donated $50,000 to the Seattle Symphony a few years ago.

I agree a lot of us don't know where to start when it comes to choices of podcasts.  Is that like a You Tube or a TalkShoe?  I've listened to Bellgab's affiliated podcasts.  Is that what Heather Wade's thing is?  I never understand where the chat room is for those.  If you call in, who sees your phone number?

Not taking the bait...

Whatever they're paying the employee, it's way too much. The disinfo/distraction tactics, the apologetics, the flowery language sprinkled with phrases intended to pit one group against another ("but aren't many men like that"),  the changing user names and avatars; all mawkishly amateuresque and patently transparent. The truth is that George has been caught on the air, in lie after lie after lie for years, and no employee of C2C can change that fact.

There is a tired old new age bromide I heard repeated for the 1000th time on the show last week: " there is nothing in the universe except for love and fear". Nope. The Zoroastrians actually got it right: there is nothing in the universe except for truth and lies.

By the way, the randikjohnson blogspot is not mine. Don't know the woman who wrote it,  never met her. The employee seems to be terribly confused. Reading comprehension problems, or perhaps not enough time to focus on the task at hand. Maybe I was wrong. It's hard to imagine someone so clueless being paid to write.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 02, 2019, 07:57:46 PM
I’m very surprised people still listen. Given the pure amount of commercials, I’m not even criticizing the content. I guess what I am really saying is that I am surprised there is that much of a captive audience for a radio show still. There are so many podcast that are much lighter on the commercial content. I’d guess the majority of listeners are either in a vehicle or older folks who know nothing of podcast.

Actually, most of the time I listen to RTE podcasts (Irish radio) Now that's some incredible radio. The Irish know how to tell a good story, and to tell it with proficiency. All with that wonderful tinkling accent that falls on the ear like music. The only problem is one must listen very closely to that wonderful accent or you miss a lot. The only time I listen to C2C anymore is as background noise, when I don't care if I miss something.

Lilith

Don't forget Georges Birthday, on the stroke of midnight.

Jojo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on June 02, 2019, 10:55:11 PM
Not taking the bait...

Whatever they're paying the employee, it's way too much. The disinfo/distraction tactics, the apologetics, the flowery language sprinkled with phrases intended to pit one group against another ("but aren't many men like that"),  the changing user names and avatars; all mawkishly amateuresque and patently transparent. The truth is that George has been caught on the air, in lie after lie after lie for years, and no employee of C2C can change that fact.

There is a tired old new age bromide I heard repeated for the 1000th time on the show last week: " there is nothing in the universe except for love and fear". Nope. The Zoroastrians actually got it right: there is nothing in the universe except for truth and lies.
I agreed with you that George allows deceit to occur.  No argument there.

I said nothing divisive between the sexes.  Everyone knows hormones affect men's moods from time to time, that they have historically been prone to aggression.

And you forgot one thing in the universe:  Love.

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on June 02, 2019, 11:20:21 PM
By the way, the randikjohnson blogspot is not mine. Don't know the woman who wrote it,  never met her. The employee seems to be terribly confused. Reading comprehension problems, or perhaps not enough time to focus on the task at hand. Maybe I was wrong. It's hard to imagine someone so clueless being paid to write.
I didn't say you wrote that website, but your legs have been pictured in your work and they did look nice.   I said you failed to speak out against the animal abuse pictured on it.

No one pays me to write.  I have posted my paypal a couple times for anyone wishing to donate.

As far as changing monikers, what is there to say to a woman like you who practically doxxes herself (I think) & thinks self-doxxing is an acceptable option in public forums.  If you'd read the name change thread, you'd see it is far from unique to me.

The universe does not just consist of truth and lies.  Between truth and lies, there is a spectrum of:  Confusion, inaccuracy, misunderstanding, disagreement, lack of precision, laziness, mistakes, interpretation, perspective, cultural differences, translation, differences in condition, higher priorities, cherry-picking, ignorance, tact, persuasion, privacy and diplomacy.

You said yourself any attempt I've supposedly made to manipulate forum content is mawkishly amateuresque.  So, there's your answer.  I am an amateur.  Imagine that.  The truth was right in front of you.  You even said it.  But you still don't believe it.  Before accusing me of derailing suckage, it would behoove you to spot-check my post history for suckage contributions.  I found this forum the same way everyone else did, in sheer frustration at a keyboard, at the public library, no less, utterly losing my manners and jamming the keyboard like a rabid animal with, "George Noory sucks!"  Hoping search engine maintenance people wouldn't be offended by such ruffian language.  He does take people to dark places.

People are drawn to this thread because GNS.  We might not have much else in common.  But as has been said before, pure evil or dumpster diving are not the same thing as George Noory sucking.  We wouldn't be here if there wasn't something quite satisfying about acknowledging his defects.  If he were actually evil or pond scum, I don't think this thread would be as intelligent as it usually is.  It would be more like Senda's.  You might like it.  Those people eat their own.  Like someone did to you.

Jojo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on June 03, 2019, 12:08:33 AM
Actually, most of the time I listen to RTE podcasts (Irish radio) Now that's some incredible radio. The Irish know how to tell a good story, and to tell it with proficiency. All with that wonderful tinkling accent that falls on the ear like music. The only problem is one must listen very closely to that wonderful accent or you miss a lot. The only time I listen to C2C anymore is as background noise, when I don't care if I miss something.
I'm part Irish!

Jojo

Quote from: brig on June 03, 2019, 08:12:41 AM

Don't forget Georges Birthday, on the stroke of midnight.
Based on astrology, I suspect he was born around 10:30AM.

Maybe the employee (using that term because avatar and user name subject to change at any moment) really is just a lonely old lady with oodles and oodles of time to go back and read seven years worth of past posts, and to become an expert in the trivia of George's intimate personal life. But it begs the question: why hang-out in a chat room dedicated to the suckage of Snoorge?  It must be damn depressing to be here day after day, year after year, defending poor old put upon George to a bunch of haterz.

I have no interest in other folk's past posts, what photos are on Randi K Johnson's blog, Snoorge's astrology chart, or the the minutiae of Noory's personal life. I only referenced George's second marriage as an example of when he told a bald faced lie on the air. I have been listening to George since he took over the show almost 20 years ago (yikes!). He has been lying since the beginning. The fact that he feels he can't be honest with his listeners indicates to me some deep problem inside himself.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 02, 2019, 07:57:46 PM

I think you're right about this. When I began an all-night job at a newspaper distribution warehouse four years ago,  I assumed that all the drivers had listened to C2C at least once. I was surprised to find out only three people in the entire warehouse had heard the show. All three said they quit listening because George ruined the show. Their complaints were the same sort of issues covered here every day. From my vantage point it seems clear that only old folks take home delivery of the newspapers these days, and talk radio will probably end that way as well.

DocHolliday

I think, for me, George lost any shred of decency or credibility or honesty when he had Dannion Brinkley on his show--a proven fraud and someone guilty of stolen valor--on memorial day or close to it.  Completely fabricated his military experience.

Jojo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on June 03, 2019, 03:37:37 PM
Maybe the employee (using that term because avatar and user name subject to change at any moment) really is just a lonely old lady with oodles and oodles of time to go back and read seven years worth of past posts, and to become an expert in the trivia of George's intimate personal life. But it begs the question: why hang-out in a chat room dedicated to the suckage of Snoorge?  It must be damn depressing to be here day after day, year after year, defending poor old put upon George to a bunch of haterz.

I have no interest in other folk's past posts, what photos are on Randi K Johnson's blog, Snoorge's astrology chart, or the the minutiae of Noory's personal life. I only referenced George's second marriage as an example of when he told a bald faced lie on the air. I have been listening to George since he took over the show almost 20 years ago (yikes!). He has been lying since the beginning. The fact that he feels he can't be honest with his listeners indicates to me some deep problem inside himself.
I am a healthcare employee.
You were interested enough in Johnson's blog, to post the link to it.
You were interested enough in astrology to admit 28 years of it, so why not apply your knowledge to any debate?
You were interested enough in Noory's personal life to allege that his ex-wife trolls the forum.
You were interested enough in his personal life to allege that he didn't earn his position, such as completing school and progressing his career.

You can continue to grand-stand and experience-stand in a vacuum if you like, but it only takes about 45 minutes to review the gist of posts of members like you.

I know nothing about George's "intimate personal life".  Everything I know is public record, include the part about being a demon in the sack.  https://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=590.msg8710#msg8710

According to https://bellgab.com/index.php?action=profile;area=statistics;u=7314, my most popular board by activity here is actually "How To Use BellGab".  And the same link shows I spend more time in Random Topics than Radio.  And Radio includes more than just GNS.

There is no need to be insulting.  I like to write, like you.  I'm glad for you that you found blogs/websites that function well from the library and now presumably from your device(s).  I was not so lucky; I haven't yet found blogs or website builders which operate as well for me as this forum.  Who would fault someone for supporting some of Liberace's earned income.  This is comparatively not a bad past time to have between work contracts.  It helps me maintain keyboard speed, keep up with technology, practice spelling/grammar, & web navigation.  And learn things, interact with nice people, vent & relax.  And make fun of George. 

Jojo

George Noory is a fake and so is everyone else.  Stealing our innocence with velvet gloves.  Taking me to this cynical place today, finding out what "green" screens really are. 

http://youfilm.site/watch.php?vid=b3dff4a5a