• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

ziznak

Hmmmm wtf they didn't even mention the poor hermaphrodites!!!

MAN THATS GAY

BobGrau

Quote from: HAL 9000 on June 27, 2012, 02:20:10 AM
WTF country am I living in? I don't recognize it any longer :(

I wanna puke.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeEgnfQlGKA

um... (raises hand)* gay here. sort of. If anyone's got a problem with that, I guess now's the time to speak up.

*well, okay - (flails limp wrist in an effeminate manner)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on June 27, 2012, 02:20:10 AM
WTF country am I living in? I don't recognize it any longer :(

I wanna puke.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeEgnfQlGKA

typical leftist bullshit.  the people who say one's sexuality should not be an issue are the same people who INCESSANTLY make it an issue!!  FUCK i hate leftists!!!!!!!

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: MV on June 27, 2012, 09:46:17 AM

typical leftist bullshit.  the people who say one's sexuality should not be an issue are the same people who INCESSANTLY make it an issue!!  FUCK i hate leftists!!!!!!!

I clearly see where you're coming from, but I'm on the fence with this. My wife and I have a few fantastic gay and lesbian friends, and we wouldn't trade places with them, what with the hateful bullshit they put up with from "society". On one level, it's good that he's getting a message out, yet...so fucking hypocritical when the archaic "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" is still an issue with far too many.

ziznak

Quote from: BobGrau on June 27, 2012, 09:45:36 AM
um... (raises hand)* gay here. sort of. If anyone's got a problem with that, I guess now's the time to speak up.
*well, okay - (flails limp wrist in an effeminate manner)
no probs man... what do you mean by "sort of" though?

BobGrau

Quote from: ziznak on June 27, 2012, 10:37:23 AM
no probs man... what do you mean by "sort of" though?

What I mean is I had a relationship with a man once, but I'm mostly 'straight' so I feel a bit of a fraud saying I'm actively gay.
Re the vid hal posted - I don't like that PC rent-a-cause brand of 'leftist' who-shall-we-pander-to-this-week bullshit politics portrayed by the vid either, but I was a little stung by the line 'this makes me want to puke'. I'm probably doing hal a huge disservice by suspecting his motivations, but it just sounded a little ambiguous and I'd prefer that everybody knows where they stand.

BobGrau

Quote from: ziznak on June 27, 2012, 04:26:42 AM
Hmmmm wtf they didn't even mention the poor hermaphrodites!!!

MAN THATS GAY

;D  Don't get me wrong tho- I've still got a sense of humour.

ziznak

Ah I think he was just talking about the whole "which minority should we give a month to now" feel. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on June 27, 2012, 10:04:00 AM
...we wouldn't trade places with them, what with the hateful bullshit they put up with from "society".

i'm sure that's true... but everyone faces some form of adversity in their lives, whether it's for being gay, fat, less athletic, less attractive, poor, unintelligent, black, white, asian, hispanic, sick, fatherless or motherless, christian, jewish, muslim, etc.... the list goes on.  people need to stop being such a collection of coddled pussies... and gays should stop raising their sexuality as an issue while simultaneously demanding their sexuality not be an issue.  oh, and if they're worried about how they're perceived, they can start with the leather clad stereotypes who march in LGBT parades.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ziznak on June 27, 2012, 11:09:02 AM
Ah I think he was just talking about the whole "which minority should we give a month to now" feel.

i think that's exactly it.

MV/Liberace!

and by the way... just to be clear... i don't dislike gay people.  i'm just sick of this partitioning of humans into groups.

onan

Quote from: MV on June 27, 2012, 02:17:25 PM
and by the way... just to be clear... i don't dislike gay people.  i'm just sick of this partitioning of humans into groups.

yeah, in a perfect world. I do believe you have no enmity towards any.

But I am pretty sure that fat, less athletic, less attractive, poor, and unintelligent have not been able to enjoy some pretty basic "rights". And the rest of your list has suffered intolerance as many gays do today.

I dunno, seems to me that stating a month for gay people is about as valuable as:National Book Month
National Diet Month
National Hobby Month
Prune Breakfast Month
National Soup Month
Fat Free Living Month
International Coffee Gourmet Month
Dried Plum Breakfast Month
Bread Machine Baking Month
National Egg month
National Fiber Focus Month
National Mail Order Gardening Month
National Retail Bakers Month
Wheat Bread Month
National Eye Health Care
National Hot Tea Month
National Volunteer Blood Donor Month
Oatmeal Month

And that is just January.

Is it leftist? I dunno, I don't think panetta or obama are leftist. But I didn't listen to the whole video.

Why get all wrankled about this much ado about nothing.

As far as partitioning, you said you don't like it, but you hate leftists. I am a leftist.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on June 27, 2012, 02:33:42 PM
As far as partitioning, you said you don't like it, but you hate leftists. I am a leftist.

then i hate you.

j/k

ziznak

Have you seen the list of the denied month dedications??

Nazi History Month
Anal Acrobatics Month
Puppetry of the Penis Month
International Abortion Month
NAMBLA pride Month
Vehicular Homicide Month

and that's just March!!

BobGrau

Quote from: MV on June 27, 2012, 02:17:25 PM

Yeah I totally overreacted - apologies to hal in particular.

It was MV's avatar that got me all hot and bothered in the first place  ::)

BobGrau

Actually, I might as well admit that I've been stewing about the subject of casual homophobia since Zircon, otherwise a great guy, said something about 'gays being to blame for AIDS'. I know he meant no harmness.
I should have just yelled at him at the time - sometimes keeping quiet for politeness' sake can lead to trouble further down the line.

coaster

I don't dislike gay people either, I'm just tired of the whole 'gay agenda' being shoved in our faces. I figure its none of my business, so why must the media make me feel guilty?  However I'm all for National Mail Order Gardening Month.

BobGrau

Quote from: coaster on June 27, 2012, 03:20:53 PM
I don't dislike gay people either, I'm just tired of the whole 'gay agenda' being shoved in our faces. I figure its none of my business, so why must the media make me feel guilty?  However I'm all for National Mail Order Gardening Month.

What bugs me is people who wear it on their sleeve (ew!) and seem to base their whole personality on their genitals.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BobGrau on June 27, 2012, 03:26:06 PM

What bugs me is people who wear it on their sleeve (ew!) and seem to base their whole personality on their genitals.

that's exactly right. 

one of my roommates when i was 19 was a guy named terry.  he was a VERY gay drag queen.  EVERY FUCKING CONVERSATION with this guy would inevitably end up being steered (by him) toward his gayness.  always.  i've known several gay people like that who have hinged their entire identity onto being gay.  just stop it, already.  i felt like grabbing him by the collar and shouting, "BEING GAY DOESN'T MAKE YOU A BAD PERSON!!!!  YOU DON'T NEED MY APPROVAL OR CONFIRMATION!!!!"

coaster

Drag queens... Before I moved, I lived in an apartment building with some neighbors who were gay. A brother and sister. Which was fine. Except the brother went by the name "britney" and was a drag queen. They went out to the  club and danced every night. The hard part was he would bring his drag queen friends home. At any given time, there were at least four of them there. Big, hairy men in dresses and wigs out in the yard at all hours of the night. I am as open minded as the next guy, but it was a bit much. So I moved across town.  I dont mean to offend, but c'mon...

HAL 9000

Quote from: MV on June 27, 2012, 09:46:17 AMtypical leftist bullshit.  the people who say one's sexuality should not be an issue are the same people who INCESSANTLY make it an issue!!  FUCK i hate leftists!!!!!!!

Quote from: BobGrau on June 27, 2012, 10:54:11 AMRe the vid hal posted - I don't like that PC rent-a-cause brand of 'leftist' who-shall-we-pander-to-this-week bullshit politics portrayed by the vid either, but I was a little stung by the line 'this makes me want to puke'. I'm probably doing hal a huge disservice by suspecting his motivations, but it just sounded a little ambiguous and I'd prefer that everybody knows where they stand.

Just to be clear, my sentiments had nothing to do with homosexuals in general... only the political correctness that is attached.

Don't ya just hate it when someone says, "Yeah, but I have a lot of friends who are gay," when the topic of homosexuality comes up. Well, I'll break my own self-imposed rule here - my best friend for many years was lesbian. We had a wonderful friendship, able to talk about anything under the sun, without fear of judgement. We were polar opposites on the political spectrum, but it made for fun and intellectual banter. We knew we were not going to change each others' opinion.

Unfortunately, our friendship waned, and eventually ceased to exist, mostly I feel because it just grew tiresome that, our discussions almost always eventually veered toward homosexual governmental policies, or how Republicans discriminate. It just grew old having homosexuality almost always somehow enter the conversation. Quite frankly, it didn't matter to me in the slightest; but just as I didn't feel it necessary to ever discuss my heterosexuality with her, it became loathsome to have homosexuality or any of its ancillary agendas shoved in my face.

I think MV has it exactly correct - those who insist that one's sexuality should not be an issue, are the one's who most make it an issue. I'm all for equal treatment for everyone (allowing for certain exemptions should the occasion necessitate), which is why I rail against those who obtain special treatment, e.g. homosexual "pride" agendas, or "affirmative action."

Quite frankly, I welcome patriots into our military who are willing to sacrifice to maintain our freedom, irrespective of any condition which might make them part of a minority; but am equally angered by those who insist on being treated equal, shoving their "specialness" in my face.

HAL 9000

Quote from: BobGrau on June 27, 2012, 03:13:32 PMIt was MV's avatar that got me all hot and bothered in the first place  ::)

OK, that was pretty f'ing funny; though I didn't LOL, I did COL (chuckle)

HAL 9000

Quote from: BobGrau on June 27, 2012, 03:13:32 PMYeah I totally overreacted - apologies to hal in particular.

Totally unnecessary - no harmness taken.

BobGrau

Quote from: HAL 9000 on June 27, 2012, 05:03:08 PM
OK, that was pretty f'ing funny; though I didn't LOL, I did COL (chuckle)

Oh hey, I'd do your avatar too.

onan

Hal, MV I don't think anyone here disagrees with what you are saying. I think we all get tired of the same talking points. It just seems to me and I could be wrong (yes it has happened albeit seldom ::) ) that even if we take away the incessant talking points there is a concern equal treatment.

Several years ago I worked with a man that made it pretty clear he wanted to be a woman. Yeah that leads to lots of uncomfortable situations. But some that I worked with were more than casually cruel.

And yes I have gay friends that are pretty much one note till I tell them to shut the fuck up or change the topic. Usually they do and sometimes I never see them again... people no matter what they like to poke are still people and sometimes dipfucks.

So yeah, all you one notes out there shut the fuck up.

Can we do that for other topics too? except noory of course one note his ass all day long.

McPhallus

On behalf of all the straight people out there, I am tired of all this discrimination.  Where is our parade.

onan

Quote from: McPhallus on June 27, 2012, 05:55:56 PM
On behalf of all the straight people out there, I am tired of all this discrimination.  Where is our parade.

no reason you can't organize one. hell make it a white discrimination parade.

BobGrau

Quote from: McPhallus on June 27, 2012, 05:55:56 PM

You know all the straight chicks would end up at the gay parade anyway.

b_dubb

what i find disagreeable about the IN YOUR FACE GAY THING is that they are pushing the idea that i HAVE to accept them.  bullshit. 

http://www.theonion.com/articles/gaypride-parade-sets-mainstream-acceptance-of-gays,351/

i can accept people of any sex being in a healthy relationship.  but the freaks that populate the fringe of the gay universe need to seek help or at least try to keep their intense need for acceptance and copious amounts of attention on the down-lo

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on June 27, 2012, 07:53:35 PM
what i find disagreeable about the IN YOUR FACE GAY THING is that they are pushing the idea that i HAVE to accept them.  bullshit. 

i am accepting and tolerant, but nobody has a RIGHT to my acceptance or tolerance.  that's what people need to understand.