• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on January 17, 2020, 11:28:48 PM
EYE HAYTE COMMUNITARDS!

(Apogees, Doc, I went ahead and edited yore poats for clarity, hope this reply doesn't slow the page load thyme down even moar!)

-p

ediot:  fixed off-topic nature of this particular post.  Moderators please ignore my self-report, TIA!

It did.

P.S. Blow me.

ACE of CLUBS

A dullard sitting transfixed by U-tube videos . . . . the sad part is that you think others watch the stuff too.  Brings a smile to the face knowing that you'll never amount to anything . . . .

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 18, 2020, 12:34:02 AM
A dullard sitting transfixed by U-tube videos . . . . the sad part is that you think others watch the stuff too.  Brings a smile to the face knowing that you'll never amount to anything . . . .

Says the incel responding to my post on a Friday night. How very sad and lonely. :(

P.S. The fact that it bothers a knob like you makes me want to post YouTube vids all night long. ;)

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 18, 2020, 12:46:42 AM
Says the incel responding to my post on a Friday night. How very sad and lonely.

P.S. The fact that it bothers a knob like you makes me want to post YouTube vids all night long.

Friday night watching videos . . . . . what a loser. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 18, 2020, 11:26:12 AM
Friday night watching videos . . . . . what a loser. 

Still can’t find anyone to play with, huh? :(

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 17, 2020, 11:38:25 PM
It did.

P.S. Blow me.

Geez, Doc.  I spent a whole 1 to 5 minutes finding that "Big Lebowski" .gif just for you.  Just trying to help, mang.

I too struggle with the youtube vidya jones, it is an addiction that can be conquered though.  Several bellchanners helped me to rein my personal youtube vidya demon in over the years.  I think it was the Zotz one thyme who pointed out that my addiction wasn't just hurting myself, it was slowing down page-load times for people I semi-cared about.

I think that was my moment of youtube vidya clarity, Nautical Shore.  I do still fall off the jack wagon from thyme to thyme though.  Hope this helps.

#BIFFs

-p

Dr. MD MD

pate, I’ll make it as simple as I can for you and others with the same beef. I don’t care if you don’t watch them and telling me it bothers you will only make me post more. I post them because I think they’re interesting or noteworthy in some way. I seem to get more compliments than complaints about them overall and sometimes they help generate discussion. Anyway, I’m never going to stop so your pissing and moaning about it can only be perceived by me as pure faggotry. Here, have another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkSRsZNpjTQ

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 18, 2020, 12:32:10 PM
pate, I’ll make it as simple as I can for you and others with the same beef. I don’t care if you don’t watch them and telling me it bothers you will only make me post more. I post them because I think they’re interesting or noteworthy in some way. I seem to get more compliments than complaints about them overall and sometimes they help generate discussion. Anyway, I never going to stop so your pissing and moaning about it can only be perceived by me as pure faggotry. Here, have another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkSRsZNpjTQ

I like it when you include text with your random vidya's!

Gives me something to read while the page embeds all the videos, which can get to be quite lengthy if there are several vidyas to embed!

Nautical Shore if page length is dick-tatered by number of posts or amount of text.

Were I a weak person, I'd just put you on /igmore (if that option still exists).

Don't get all butthertz becux yore readin' 'n rightin' skillz is all weak an shiet.

#BIFFs!

-p

Dr. MD MD

If I feel like giving you a l’il sumpin sumpin extra I will. Otherwise, get bent!

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 18, 2020, 12:32:10 PM
pate, I’ll make it as simple as I can for you and others with the same beef. I don’t care if you don’t watch them and telling me it bothers you will only make me post more. I post them because I think they’re interesting or noteworthy in some way. I seem to get more compliments than complaints about them overall and sometimes they help generate discussion. Anyway, I’m never going to stop so your pissing and moaning about it can only be perceived by me as pure faggotry. Here, have another:

Hilarious . . . .  the only discussion generated doesn't include you. It's typically about you . . . . . and your backlash references about your sexual insecurity as shown in your above response.  Carry on dullard . . . . amuse yourself. Post some more U-tube drivel . . . . .

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 18, 2020, 01:01:19 PM
Hilarious . . . .  the only discussion generated doesn't include you. It's typically about you . . . . . and your backlash references about your sexual insecurity as shown in your above response.  Carry on dullard . . . . amuse yourself. Post some more U-tube drivel . . . . .

And yet, here you are, compelled to respond to my posts. Weird.

Dr. MD MD

Here’s an idea: I am not nor do I wish to be to sole content provider here. My name isn’t metron. So, if you want more discussion instead of videos maybe try starting one yourself. I promise I’ll join in with two cents if it’s more than just this tedious whining. However, a lot of the threads I post vids in there’s no discussion happening at all...then there is some. Go figure!

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 18, 2020, 01:41:15 PM
Here’s an idea: I am not nor do I wish to be to sole content provider here. My name isn’t metron. So, if you want more discussion instead of videos maybe try starting one yourself. I promise I’ll join in with two cents if it’s more than just this tedious whining. However, a lot of the threads I post vids in there’s no discussion happening at all...then there is some. Go figure!

I wonder if those threads are so chock fulla vidyas that people's patience runs out before the page finishes loading and they abandon their attempt at posting a reply?

Then someone kindly posts another video to the thread (due to thread inactivity) further extending the page load time, leading to even more folks' patience running out, ad infinity nauseam (forgive my attempt a Latin, just another intar-tube Dumas hear)...

I imagine it's like that one anti-drug PSA from the daze of yore;  Doc, see if you can find it, went something like this "I do drugs so I can work longer to make money to buy more drugs."

Ah, the cycles of addickshun, I hear the first step to breaking the cycle is recognizing the problem.

I blame democrats/communists.  It's not you're at fault, Doc.

-p

#BIFFs

ediot2+:  page 398 of this thread is a dozy on the page-dump-load thyme.  Pants!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on January 18, 2020, 06:17:53 PM
I wonder if those threads are so chock fulla vidyas that people's patience runs out before the page finishes loading and they abandon their attempt at posting a reply?

Then someone kindly posts another video to the thread (due to thread inactivity) further extending the page load time, leading to even more folks' patience running out, ad infinity nauseam (forgive my attempt a Latin, just another intar-tube Dumas hear)...

I imagine it's like that one anti-drug PSA from the daze of yore;  Doc, see if you can find it, went something like this "I do drugs so I can work longer to make money to buy more drugs."

Ah, the cycles of addickshun, I hear the first step to breaking the cycle is recognizing the problem.

I blame democrats/communists.  It's not you're at fault, Doc.

-p

#BIFFs

ediot2+:  page 398 of this thread is a dozy on the page-dump-load thyme.  Pants!

The music thread must be a real bitch for you, page load nazi.

Dr. MD MD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baMihLaDYbQ

Please keep in mind that I’m only posting this to fuck with pate’s load thyme. ;)

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 18, 2020, 06:50:09 PM
Please keep in mind that I’m only posting this to fuck with pate’s load thyme. ;)

Get a psychological evaluation. You're not normal.   

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 18, 2020, 08:02:54 PM
Get a psychological evaluation. You're not normal.   

It’s overrated anyway, normie.

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 18, 2020, 06:36:07 PM
The music thread must be a real bitch for you, page load nazi.

I get the impression that you are "projecting" when you cast aspersions.

To the point, I expect the Music thread to have a long page-load as it is almost obligatory to the nature of the thread to provide a playable version of the song you want to note.  Generally, I am not expecting a lengthy commentary, or even a brief comment about the song, the video stands on its own.

Here, in the Random Political Thoughts thread, I sort of expect an actual thought.  A link to a video isn't taboo or anything, but without an actual thought from the poster about why the two-hour video is worth watching, I find a stand-alone video sort of useless.  I probably will not watch it, I probably will not watch most videos even if they have some sort of commentary attached to them, although I appreciate the effort.

For shits and giggles, I think I will add up the total amount of video in minutes/hours/days that you posted in page 380 of this thread.  I may even do a further analysis to see if you bothered to watch the entire video before/after posting the previous/next video.  I hope to be surprised by my findings, but expect to be disappointed as well.

I really don't care if you post videos or not, I just note that excessively doing so in the same thread page results in extended page-load times.  I experience this mainly on my desktop computer.  I don't notice it to be as bad on my mobile device, which is odd as my mobile device uses the same connection to the internet that my desktop does, on through wifi which I would expect to be slower than the hardline.

Maybe I should upgrade from a Commodore 64 connected to the intar-tubes with a full duplex 2400bps modem (two 1200bps kludged together) running my custom ported Netscape Navigator 3.0 browser...

Nautical Shore.

#BIFFs

-p

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on January 18, 2020, 09:38:55 PM
I get the impression that you are "projecting" when you cast aspersions.

To the point, I expect the Music thread to have a long page-load as it is almost obligatory to the nature of the thread to provide a playable version of the song you want to note.  Generally, I am not expecting a lengthy commentary, or even a brief comment about the song, the video stands on its own.

Here, in the Random Political Thoughts thread, I sort of expect an actual thought.  A link to a video isn't taboo or anything, but without an actual thought from the poster about why the two-hour video is worth watching, I find a stand-alone video sort of useless.  I probably will not watch it, I probably will not watch most videos even if they have some sort of commentary attached to them, although I appreciate the effort.

For shits and giggles, I think I will add up the total amount of video in minutes/hours/days that you posted in page 380 of this thread.  I may even do a further analysis to see if you bothered to watch the entire video before/after posting the previous/next video.  I hope to be surprised by my findings, but expect to be disappointed as well.

I really don't care if you post videos or not, I just note that excessively doing so in the same thread page results in extended page-load times.  I experience this mainly on my desktop computer.  I don't notice it to be as bad on my mobile device, which is odd as my mobile device uses the same connection to the internet that my desktop does, on through wifi which I would expect to be slower than the hardline.

Maybe I should upgrade from a Commodore 64 connected to the intar-tubes with a full duplex 2400bps modem (two 1200bps kludged together) running my custom ported Netscape Navigator 3.0 browser...

Nautical Shore.

#BIFFs

-p

Sucks to be you...but seriously, other than complaing about my vids what discussions have you started or participated in in this thread? I don’t think much if ever.

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 18, 2020, 06:50:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baMihLaDYbQ

That's okay, I'm just doing this to score points with Roz.

#BIFFs

-p

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on January 18, 2020, 10:36:49 PM
That's okay, I'm just doing this to score points with Roz.

#BIFFs

-p

Maybe you can finally teach her how to grill a steak properly.

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 18, 2020, 10:06:30 PM
Sucks to be you...but seriously, other than complaing about my vids what discussions have you started or participated in in this thread? I don’t think much if ever.

Used to, but I got tired of waiting for the page to load so I could hit the "reply" button.

I think if you judiciously use the "search" function's advanced options you may be able to bring up my historical posts in this thread.

Be warned, I used to post LOTS of random videos, so it might take a minute for the results page to load...

#BIFFs

-p

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on January 18, 2020, 11:14:48 PM
Used to, but I got tired of waiting for the page to load so I could hit the "reply" button.

I think if you judiciously use the "search" function's advanced options you may be able to bring up my historical posts in this thread.

Be warned, I used to post LOTS of random videos, so it might take a minute for the results page to load...

#BIFFs

-p

Well then, maybe if I noticing you posting more here I’ll post less videos. We’ll have to play it by ear. I’ll be keeping my eye on you...but I expect it back in good condition.

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 18, 2020, 10:43:36 PM
Maybe you can finally teach her how to grill a steak properly.

*autistic screeching intensifies*

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on January 18, 2020, 11:17:45 PM
*autistic screeching intensifies*

It’s working! IT’S WORKING!! ;D