• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

Juan

I wonder if those White Cherokees include Elizabeth Warren

Dr. MD MD

Maybe John Lennon was a genius and maybe the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. ;)

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/son-beatles-legend-john-lennon-says-leftists-pathetic

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 01, 2019, 01:37:49 PM
Maybe John Lennon was a genius and maybe the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. ;)

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/son-beatles-legend-john-lennon-says-leftists-pathetic

Thank you, MD.  That warmed my cold, cold heart.  Going to see George's son who is touring with Jeff Lynne on Friday.  VIP. 8th row.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 03, 2019, 01:36:32 PM
Thank you, MD.  That warmed my cold, cold heart.  Going to see George's son who is touring with Jeff Lynne on Friday.  VIP. 8th row.
One of my cousins saw them in Chicago last summer and said it was awesome! Have fun, will be a good show. Clyde Lewis on his show mentioned how good the recent show in Portland was also....

Quote from: albrecht on July 03, 2019, 01:51:09 PM
One of my cousins saw them in Chicago last summer and said it was awesome! Have fun, will be a good show. Clyde Lewis on his show mentioned how good the recent show in Portland was also....

Jeff has somehow managed to keep his singing voice.  He still sounds great! I'm really looking forward to the concert.  I've literally been waiting for decades for him to come out on tour.  Glad he did while he can still sing. 

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 16, 2019, 11:18:41 AM
40 years ago wasn't today...and it was far cheaper to live (ask me how I know). If you don't understand that and all it entails I can't help you.

Yeah especially if you live in California or any other leftist stronghold.  In Georgia, you can get by on a lot less money.  Of course we are overrun with Yankee transplants so this state may become a shit hole as well in 30 years or so. If taxes are too high for you and you leave your state for someplace more affordable then please change your voting practices because we don't want the same shit happening in GA.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 03, 2019, 02:13:50 PM
Yeah especially if you live in California or any other leftist stronghold.  In Georgia, you can get by on a lot less money.  Of course we are overrun with Yankee transplants so this state may become a shit hole as well in 30 years or so. If taxes are too high for you and you leave your state for someplace more affordable then please change your voting practices because we don't want the same shit happening in GA.

Only problem with living in GA is having to regress two hundred years and share a sister. 

Yorkshire pud

Anyway...here's how it can happen when you get cross bench support for something worthwhile...I cannot imagine McConnell would even dream of letting this go through. It's such a commie thing to do after all.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-politics-48857410/tearful-carolyn-harris-speech-on-children-s-funeral-fund

QuoteAn MP is applauded after her emotional speech on the introduction of the Children's Funeral Fund following her "impatient" campaigning.

Carolyn Harris thanked MPs from across the political divide who had helped to instigate the government funding for bereaved parents for the cost of their child's funeral.

The deputy leader of Welsh Labour has been calling for the fund - which will start on 23 July - since she had to take out a loan to pay for the funeral of her son, Martin.

Her campaigning zeal was praised by Speaker John Bercow and the prime minister.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 03, 2019, 09:57:53 PM

Only problem with living in GA is having to regress two hundred years and share a sister.
Ha! Classic. Aside from the more modern "Asian" sex gangs taking your children, ignored for years from your own police, and presumably the people, due to deference to "cultural issues" -well documented in the news, sadly. Didn't your lot fight each other, and marry, via various cousins and what-not? For centuries? Sure, I know, now, the various German-Danish-Dutch etc royal houses took over (again, since they did it before also, though different ones, at times) but it was a grand deal back in the day to marry a cousin- providing the title or land- or in latter days just for the wealth or land? Even today, the recent mulatto aside controversy, there seems to be an odd idea of maintaining the bloodlines (aka property and wealth.) I'm guessing, simply guessing, that your establishment would've been MUCH more comfortable with yet another cousin, or at least relation, that this upstart Hollywood American, with her mixed-blood, like the Dutch were with their South American Strongman daughter's marriage incident a few years past. I wonder how the peerage books will deal with this new one! Ha, will be funny as they go through her line. Some split Pimm's or tea I imagine.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 03, 2019, 01:36:32 PM

Sign of the times. Have fun at the show. I’m super jealous! >:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNjrBUzXDJk

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on July 03, 2019, 10:20:40 PM
Ha! Classic. Aside from the more modern "Asian" sex gangs taking your children, ignored for years from your own police, and presumably the people, due to deference to "cultural issues" -well documented in the news, sadly. Didn't your lot fight each other, and marry, via various cousins and what-not? For centuries? Sure, I know, now, the various German-Danish-Dutch etc royal houses took over (again, since they did it before also, though different ones, at times) but it was a grand deal back in the day to marry a cousin- providing the title or land- or in latter days just for the wealth or land? Even today, the recent mulatto aside controversy, there seems to be an odd idea of maintaining the bloodlines (aka property and wealth.) I'm guessing, simply guessing, that your establishment would've been MUCH more comfortable with yet another cousin, or at least relation, that this upstart Hollywood American, with her mixed-blood, like the Dutch were with their South American Strongman daughter's marriage incident a few years past. I wonder how the peerage books will deal with this new one! Ha, will be funny as they go through her line. Some split Pimm's or tea I imagine.

Plus a definite mystical element -- they were lining up to be healed by the king up through Charles II, I think.

I had a boss who was quite a coin collector and I've actually held one of these so I guess I won't get scrofula, whatever that is.

Juan

Just wait for Charles III.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on July 03, 2019, 10:20:40 PM

We can always depend on you for a bit of 'whatboutism'...  ;D Yet you've excelled yourself this time.. I'm a bit disappointed you didn't manage to shoehorn the potato famine in Ireland and the Duke of Northumberland and his merry men V the Jacobites at Culloden.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 04, 2019, 08:32:15 AM
We can always depend on you for a bit of 'whatboutism'...  ;D Yet you've excelled yourself this time.. I'm a bit disappointed you didn't manage to shoehorn the potato famine in Ireland and the Duke of Northumberland and his merry men V the Jacobites at Culloden.

Drawing unexpected parallels to highlight hypocrisy has always been an effective rhetorical technique.  Lately it has been given a cute name in a cynical effort to class it with the fallacies but this has not dulled the edge one bit.

Taaroa

Just because albrecht forgot the Irish famine doesn't mean the Irish diaspora will!

AZZERAE

Hey, K. Dubb, what are your political leanings?

pate

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 04, 2019, 08:54:10 AM
Drawing unexpected parallels to highlight hypocrisy has always been an effective rhetorical technique.  Lately it has been given a cute name in a cynical effort to class it with the fallacies but this has not dulled the edge one bit.

Outstandigit, kayDubya!  You win the intartubes for the day in my book.

Well played, sir, well played.

+1

albrecht

Quote from: Taaroa on July 04, 2019, 10:28:35 AM
Just because albrecht forgot the Irish famine doesn't mean the Irish diaspora will!
In Glasgow years ago I witnessed this hilarious ditty. It REALLY upsets Celtic supporters and Republicans.  They take their soccer SERIOUSLY up there. Maybe not great teams in certain years but some serious passion and chaos. Amazing. Police barricades, special pub hours, drink sales restrictions, metal detectors, and still the mayhem continues...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=592nOlkWywc 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyNU608RuF4 

albrecht

Only because it confuses people who think I'm talking about the French Revolutionary movement/group.   Next time I will.

ps: Joey Chesnut just ate 70 hotdogs at the Eating Contest. I'm appalled as always. USA! USA! USA! Happy 4th of July. I'm out and back outside to the lake. Have fun and be safe everyone. Don't drive drunk, if the potential physical consequences to others and self aren't enough, which they should be, know that there are tons of police out there and budgets are such that they are looking to get some revenue for their counties. And remember to have someone  "hold your beer" when you light off some modified fireworks and loudly annouce to friends and family to "watch this."

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZRAA on July 04, 2019, 11:38:37 AM
Hey, K. Dubb, what are your political leanings?

Maybe some other day I can delineate them for you and sow discord among the brethren.  Today, I am only an American.

K_Dubb

Quote from: pate on July 04, 2019, 01:38:05 PM
Outstandigit, kayDubya!  You win the intartubes for the day in my book.

Well played, sir, well played.

+1

Thank you, dear pate; I have been stewing on that one for a while.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 04, 2019, 03:33:30 PM
Maybe some other day I can delineate t yt?hem for you and sow discord among the brethren.  Today, I am only an American.

Puuuuuuke!

What a bloody mess that country is, we really need to step in and clear up this failed state before it bites people like a rabid dog.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 04, 2019, 03:37:44 PM
Puuuuuuke!

What a bloody mess that country is, we really need to step in and clear up this failed state before it bites people like a rabid dog.

<----Did you notice the new picture, too?!?! 

Asuka Langley

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 04, 2019, 03:37:44 PM
Puuuuuuke!

You cant even protect your own women and children from getting raped by Muslims LOL!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 04, 2019, 03:46:16 PM
<----Did you notice the new picture, too?!?!

What are those bits of string hanging off your shoulders?

Oh, that's right. Your arms.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on July 04, 2019, 03:51:17 PM
You cant even protect your own women and children from getting raped by Muslims LOL!

There's no rape in America? Is that because of your famously proficient police force that has murder rates at zero for the last ten years? Or because your women are so fat and hideous no one can get a stiffy?

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 04, 2019, 03:58:36 PM
What are those bits of string hanging off your shoulders?

Oh, that's right. Your arms.

Take particular note of the pipe:  it is an early Peterson before they got all fat (with a p-lip, unfortunately, and I am loath to have a standard one fitted) marked "Irish Free State".  Slim, elegant pipes for slim, elegant men.

SredniVashtar

I really hate Americans. It's only the thought of some obese bubba at a barbecue choking on a hot dog that gets me through times like these. We really need to encourage their swinish eating habits to bring on a few more mercy chokings so we can get the population back to a managable 50 million.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 04, 2019, 04:04:14 PM
Take particular note of the pipe:  it is an early Peterson before they got all fat (with a p-lip, unfortunately, and I am loath to have a standard one fitted) marked "Irish Free State".  Slim, elegant pipes for slim, elegant men.

You'd better find a slim, elegant man and hand it over then, it's obviously wasted on skinny, raddled types like you.

I bet you have a shelf with all your pipes. Dusting them carefully every morning and boring the arse off anyone who mistakenly shows a polite interest.