• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Most hated radio commercials anyone?

Started by rolindos, August 22, 2011, 02:21:30 PM

Eddie Coyle

The Alex Jones voiced over(can you imagine?) about a "very important person's" dire predictions about the future of America. And how it could impact you and your family's life!

Said in his gravel vocal fry crescendo. What a goof.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 15, 2012, 12:34:18 AM

The Alex Jones voiced over(can you imagine?) about a "very important person's" dire predictions about the future of America. And how it could impact you and your family's life!

Said in his gravel vocal fry crescendo. What a goof.

He's the same age as we are. He sounds like Bob Dornan.

mombird3

I hate the Work from home. And those public service commercials for home foreclosures. They are frequent late at night.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on November 15, 2012, 01:07:28 AM
He's the same age as we are. He sounds like Bob Dornan.

On Noory's JFK special in 2007...he asked Alex if he remembered where he was when JFK got shot.

It was awesome. Jonesy didn't know how to answer.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 15, 2012, 01:19:20 AM
       On Noory's JFK special in 2007...he asked Alex if he remembered where he was when JFK got shot.

It was awesome. Jonesy didn't know how to answer.

Ouch! I actually feel bad for Jones. Well, for all we know, he was in shop class or study hall. We never saw his birth certificate.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on November 15, 2012, 01:47:22 AM
Ouch! I actually feel bad for Jones. Well, for all we know, he was in shop class or study hall. We never saw his birth certificate.

Jones 1974 DOB claims are akin to Penthouse Pets and baseball prospects from the DR. Whatever they claim...just add about 6 years.

Looking at his corpulent mass...I think Alex was alive for at least RFK's assassination.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 15, 2012, 01:19:20 AM
       On Noory's JFK special in 2007...he asked Alex if he remembered where he was when JFK got shot. ....

"On a grassy knoll in Dallas, George. Why do you ask?"

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on November 15, 2012, 06:11:13 AM
"On a grassy knoll in Dallas, George. Why do you ask?"

Alex admits to being there with Charles Harrelson, "I was bum number 2, my role was to..."

George reading card 11  "Exactly! Thanks, Alex...now to my friend Roseanne, hows that Tahiti Village?"

Juan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 15, 2012, 08:24:16 AM
        Alex admits to being there with Charles Harrelson, "I was bum number 2, my role was to..."

George reading card 11  "Exactly! Thanks, Alex...now to my friend Roseanne, hows that Tahiti Village?"
hahahhahahahahahah

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 15, 2012, 08:24:16 AM

BWAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!! I'd forgotten all about Tahiti Village!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on November 15, 2012, 02:42:02 PM
BWAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!! I'd forgotten all about Tahiti Village!

Noory went from "interviewing" Tanya Roberts about Tahiti Village...to Roseanne? That's like the Paula Zahn for Greta Von Frankenstein trade. I'd rather step on rusty Hepatitis needles than be in the same area code as the "Domestic Goddess"...

Sardondi

And all that cheesy "my good friend" BS. Like George and Roseanne were fresh from a weekend cookout together. It was like some 40's PR-man's column about the Hollywood elite: "...and last Saturday night at the Brown Derby, where the most blue-blooded of celluloid royalty come to greet and eat, Mr. and Mrs. Clark Gable - that's the zany blond, the lovely Carol Lombard to you folks - were having a simply wonderful time with their best pals, Mr. and Mrs. Humphrey Bogart, who brought along a beautiful young ingenue friend of theirs, the willowy Miss Lauren Bacall. Mr. B says the kid has talent. We'll keep an eye out, Bogey! And over at the hot, hot, hot Copa...."

Falkie2013

Whatever happened to that Tahiti Village place anyway ?

I dispise any commerical that ends with some moron speed-reading a disclaimer.  Nothing makes me reach for the "off" button faster.

McPhallus

Reminds me of a short-lived "employment service" where I used to live in the 90s that would charge $95 for the privilege to see a list of jobs.  The bit about the fee was read rapidly at the end.  They disappeared one day, leaving a lot of people out the $95 they had paid.

Quote from: West of the Rockies on April 05, 2013, 02:18:25 PM
I dispise any commerical that ends with some moron speed-reading a disclaimer.  Nothing makes me reach for the "off" button faster.

Quote from: West of the Rockies on April 05, 2013, 02:18:25 PM

Note to self:  It helps to proofread.  The word is despise.

McPhallus

Quote from: West of the Rockies on April 05, 2013, 04:31:37 PM
Note to self:  It helps to proofread.  The word is despise.

Nothing like being hoisted on one's own petard.  :P

stevesh

Quote from: McPhallus on April 05, 2013, 02:47:10 PM
Reminds me of a short-lived "employment service" where I used to live in the 90s that would charge $95 for the privilege to see a list of jobs.  The bit about the fee was read rapidly at the end.  They disappeared one day, leaving a lot of people out the $95 they had paid.

That particular scam was all over the country in those days. There must be a special place in Hell for people who prey upon folks who are down on their luck.

McPhallus

Those fucking annoying Ovations "skin cell therapy" ads.  First, they named it cleverly hoping to create a subconscious link in people's minds with "stem cell therapy."  Not exactly cutting-edge science, since it's a fucking shampoo.

Then they have women from the local stations read manipulative and pushy scripted ads. 

And their pre recorded ads are even more irritating, as they're full of phony testimonials from people who are obviously paid voice actors.

Sardondi

Quote from: McPhallus on April 15, 2013, 05:44:20 PM
Those fucking annoying Ovations "skin cell therapy" ads.  First, they named it cleverly hoping to create a subconscious link in people's minds with "stem cell therapy."  Not exactly cutting-edge science, since it's a fucking shampoo....

Yeah, it's a lot more palatable reading "skin cell therapy" instead of "lamb placenta". Besides, everyone knows you've got to pay for Lancôme to get genuine human afterbirth for your face...

ksm32

Quote from: Sardondi on April 15, 2013, 09:03:32 PM
Yeah, it's a lot more palatable reading "skin cell therapy" instead of "lamb placenta". Besides, everyone knows you've got to pay for Lancôme to get genuine human afterbirth for your face...
Yeah, and the dipensors can be nasty, risky business to say the least.

Ashley Madison adds are the worst, when you hear one you'll know it.

Histronic Fop

I hate any live spot with Noory. He is terrible at reading them and Premier probably has to give the money back once a sponsor hears him butcher them so badly.

Also, that Wise Foods spot where Noory says his biggest concern in life is that his listeners won't have enough freeze dried dreck on hand when THE END comes for us all!

Yecch!

:P

Morgus

Quote from: Histronic Fop on April 30, 2013, 02:02:16 PM
Also, that Wise Foods spot where Noory says his biggest concern in life is that his listeners won't have enough freeze dried dreck on hand when THE END comes for us all!
and if Noory is telling the truth that the freeze dried food is so tasty, why doesn't he eat that instead of burning hot pizza rolls?  :o

The General

If I have to hear one more DINO-VITE commercial, I'm gonna throw my radio at the nearest dog.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on April 30, 2013, 02:27:14 PM
If I have to hear one more DINO-VITE commercial, I'm gonna throw my radio at the nearest dog.

I like them because it reminds me of...

ItsOver

Quote from: The General on April 30, 2013, 02:27:14 PM

Boy, are you on the money with this one, General.  "They'rrrreee back!" I hadn't heard these detestable commercials in awhile but now they won't stop.  Just what I want to hear during lunch is the description of some scabies-inflamed dog, covered with oozing pustules.  :P

Another commercial that seems to live on for an eternity is one that starts out with some old lady or some one portraying the voice of an old lady whining "I used to worry about going to a nursing home...."  It then goes on with this old hag singing the praises of some outfit named Amerigroup supposedly meeting her every need without her ever lifting a finger again, probably all at the expense of the wonderful welfare state the U.S. is becoming.  ::)

It's hard to believe The Nanny State of America was at one time the birthplace of somebody such as General Patton.

The General

"ooh, get the stinky dog away from me."

onan

My experience with nursing homes has little to do with a welfare state. Most nursing homes I am aware of are hardly affordable within a ssi budget. If someone is living in a nursing home and "doesn't have to lift a finger" it is costing several thousands of dollars a month. Well above what medicaid and ssi will afford. And trust me, if you have a family member that you are considering placing in a nursing home... well I wish you and your family member the best... because more often than not, no one is happy.

The way most elderly, especially the infirmed, live, well, most of us would find it unacceptable.

I have no doubt that it bothers many that their tax dollars go into any kind of welfare and to some extent I can relate. But and this is a big but anyone bitching about nursing home costs should spend a few days volunteering in one of the "lesser" homes. I doubt your cynicism for our wonderful welfare state would remain as it is now.

ItsOver

I differ with you on the general subject and I'll leave it at that.  This country needs more Patton and less patent leather.  I'm tired of all the "bleeding heart" crap and I'm a so called senior citizen.  Time to take care of your own butt and stop sucking off of others.

The General

Quote from: ItsOver on April 30, 2013, 09:04:27 PM
I differ with you on the general subject and I'll leave it at that.  This country needs more Patton and less patent leather.  I'm tired of all the "bleeding heart" crap.
Between your avatar of Roy and your above post, I think I love you.