• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Kevin Trudeau, snake oil salesman.

Started by The General, August 16, 2011, 11:17:22 PM

The General

Somebody gave infomercial scam artist and convicted felon Kevin Trudeau a radio program.  It could possibly be worse than Noory's show.

http://www.ktradionetwork.com/

Anybody that watched a lot of late night TV in the 90's will remember him as the guy selling everything from get rich quick baldness cures to weight loss real estate programs.

The General

From wikipedia...
"Trudeau's activities have been the subject of both criminal and civil action. He was convicted of larceny and credit card fraud in the early 1990s, and in 1998 paid a $500,000 fine for making false or misleading claims in his infomercials. In 2004, he consented to a lifetime ban on promoting products other than his books via infomercials."

I'm sure his show is still an infomercial, just disguised as some kind of an Alex Jones type of whistle-blower show about the shadowy puppet masters.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on August 16, 2011, 11:26:58 PM

I'm sure his show is still an infomercial, just disguised as some kind of an Alex Jones type of whistle-blower show about the shadowy puppet masters.

The guy is natural at TV broadcasts: he surrounds himself with good looking women and airs his shows at 3am, where the viewers are either drunk or insane. Perfect targets for the shit he's selling.

On the radio? Tits on bull. I can't imagine his show being anything worthwhile.

M Knight

Quote from: The General on August 16, 2011, 11:17:22 PM
Somebody gave infomercial scam artist and convicted felon Kevin Trudeau a radio program.  It could possibly be worse than Noory's show.

http://www.ktradionetwork.com/

Anybody that watched a lot of late night TV in the 90's will remember him as the guy selling everything from get rich quick baldness cures to weight loss real estate programs.

Why do so many failures and ex-criminals succeed?  Perhaps because of the failures and ex-criminals who hire them.

HAL 9000

As an example of the drivel this guy produces, you can download and skim through one of his books at the following link.
A PDF eBook...

[attachment deleted by admin]

albrecht

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 16, 2011, 11:30:48 PM
     shows at 3am, where the viewers are either drunk or insane. Perfect targets for the shit he's selling.
you forgot old people who might be up watching. Many of whom might have lost their wits somewhat or grew up in a generation that was more trusting.

cweb

maybe he'll try to get back on his feet by selling Tangy Tangerine to his fellow inmates.

zeebo

Quote from: The General on March 17, 2014, 05:40:31 PM
Kevin Trudeau sentenced to 10 years in prison...

And yet his infomercials are still running (just saw one on last night).  I wonder where the money's going.

Quote from: zeebo on March 18, 2014, 09:15:18 AM
And yet his infomercials are still running (just saw one on last night).  I wonder where the money's going.
his Ukrainian mail order bride? I wonder if she knows Dames' wife

b_dubb

Turdeau. I genuine POS if there ever was one.  Did someone shoot him in the head with a nail gun as a child?  How does this happen? 

albrecht

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 18, 2014, 11:26:49 AM

It would be karma if the funds gained through infomercials and bilking desperate old people and uneducated people was lost in the run on the banks in THE Ukraine. Or the nice looking Ukranian wife takes it all in a divorce....
this expose was pretty good on him:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2013/05/kevin-trudeau-chasing-the-dream-seller/

VtaGeezer

Nothing in the C2C archive on Kevin Trudeau; was he a guest I missed?

yumyumtree

I don't remember him being on Cto C. Doesn't mean he wasn't, I just don't rember. So many similar people have been on, it just seems he's been on.
How much do you want to bet he wanted to be paid, and that's why he wasn't on.(if he wasn't)

DanTSX

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 18, 2014, 11:26:49 AM

Is that mountain girl?

zeebo

FYI This clown's infomercials are still running every nite here.  I wonder how many people are still getting ripped off, and where the money's going.  I mean the guy's in jail for fraud!  Isn't this an obvious situation where the gov't should, ya know, protect unsuspecting consumers?  Never mind, dumb question.

paladin1991

Quote from: zeebo on May 15, 2014, 01:08:55 AM
FYI This clown's infomercials are still running every nite here.  I wonder how many people are still getting ripped off, and where the money's going.  I mean the guy's in jail for fraud!  Isn't this an obvious situation where the gov't should, ya know, protect unsuspecting consumers?  Never mind, dumb question.
Nothing obvious bout it.  How much of a nanny state do you want to live in? 
But, that being said, yeah, there should be a limit to how much shit anyone person can shovel onto his fellow man.  All proceeds fm his shit shoveling should be confiscated and levied as fines and reparations where appropriate.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 15, 2014, 10:10:01 AM
Nothing obvious bout it.  How much of a nanny state do you want to live in? 
But, that being said, yeah, there should be a limit to how much shit anyone person can shovel onto his fellow man.  All proceeds fm his shit shoveling should be confiscated and levied as fines and reparations where appropriate.
Nanny enough to not let the scorpion keep stinging after it was shooed out of the house.  There's nothing legitimate about Trudeau and it's a shame the government allows him to perpetrate continued fraud. 

zeebo

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 15, 2014, 11:33:37 AM
Nanny enough to not let the scorpion keep stinging after it was shooed out of the house.  There's nothing legitimate about Trudeau and it's a shame the government allows him to perpetrate continued fraud.

Well said.  I mean we're already funding these regulatory agencies, right?  I don't have any choice about the taxes I pay to fund them.  I'm just saying as long as they're operating why can't they do the most basic part of their jobs and block this obvious fraud from ripping people off night after night. 

(Yes I believe in a free market and those people are dumb to buy into his B.S. but at the same time the gov't has some responsibility to enforce it's laws.)