• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Quote from: Jojo on April 28, 2018, 10:40:14 PM
When you call a business lost...

You either have a lot of interviews and have a lot of bad experiences, or are a staffing agent who hears a lot of stories...

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 29, 2018, 08:32:32 PM
You either have a lot of interviews and have a lot of bad experiences, or are a staffing agent who hears a lot of stories...
Annoyances are not bad experiences.  All of the annoyances you read regard one employer.

I worked my way through college.  I worked fulltime for one landline telecom company over ten years.  I also had weekend jobs during that time at a florist, a convenience store, a teriyaki shop, and managing/owning a rental.  I am vested in another company, having compressed five years' work into three years by working overtime, double time and triple time for that employer.  While there, I had weekend jobs at an answering service and a resort lodge lounge.  I am on my 47th employer.

I have done a lot.  The only tasks I didn't like were selling, telemarketing, driving, vacuuming stairs, paper routes and berry picking.  Everything else is great - reception, call center, phones, insurance verification, calendering, accounts receivables, copying, filing, customer service, food service, cashiering, libraries, floral, cinema, hospitality, coordinating, editing, cleaning, stocking, etc...  I don't have much experience with media (electronics).

My favorite job is healthcare reception, especially if there are patient tables or workout equipment available to employees for exercise.  It's refreshing to go back and forth quickly between cleaning rooms/laundry to greeting/answering phones to insurance verification.

Working through an agency has advantages, although right now I'm not.  It is harder to gang stalk someone who works through an agency.

In high school, my aptitude test clearly showed I should, by far, be a deisel mechanic.  I was a girl, white collar family, so I just laughed.  But looking back, I should have checked into that.  It might have been great.

I think it's important for young people to know that many corporations will pay for them to complete a degree through night classes.  And to think of their prospective careers in terms of what schedules they like, what clothing is comfortable, what ethical compromises (CDC guidelines, plea bargains, office politics, etc...) happen on the job, and how well they will be promoted.  I spent most of my life avoiding stereotypical women's work.  For instance, with 15 years in telecom I was never an operator.  Choosing gender neutral work added challenges, competing with men and women for promotions.  Sometimes men really are favored the higher up you go.  But right now the economy is rough for people over forty, so now I am willing to work in gender-typical healthcare, house cleaning, or with children.

Quote from: Jojo on April 30, 2018, 01:40:37 AM
...  Everything else is great - reception, call center, phones, insurance verification, calendaring...

In high school, my aptitude test clearly showed I should, by far, be a deisel mechanic...

Mine said Russian lit and nuclear propulsion.  I think the military runs these tests.  What is calendaring?

AZZERAE

Quote from: Jojo on April 29, 2018, 07:04:02 PM
I did clean homes, and was an independent sales contractor.

I like working for someone else, though.  These rants are just par for the course...

If I ever get off my back, what kind of small business do you think would be profitable and with the keast customer complaints, and preferanly not open to the general public.  Ideas??

You're a brilliant writer, it seems. Sure you may make a meager living at first, but I'd say write! ;)

Jojo

Quote from: Azzerae on April 30, 2018, 04:38:42 AM
You're a brilliant writer, it seems. Sure you may make a meager living at first, but I'd say write! ;)
Ok, got it.  I wrote for a browser but they kept saying i violated the terms of service. Yet they wouldn't give specifics.  The riskiest thing I did was write a positive review of a new women's grooming product.

Wrong browser to write for, I guess.

I had an interview for a position involving writing summaries.  Thanks again for the encouragement.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on April 30, 2018, 02:34:22 PM
Ok, got it.  I wrote for a browser but they kept saying i violated the terms of service. Yet they wouldn't give specifics.  The riskiest thing I did was write a positive review of a new women's grooming product.

Wrong browser to write for, I guess.

I had an interview for a position involving writing summaries.  Thanks again for the encouragement.

Did your review say that the manufacturer should give it to all women free because it wasn’t fair to make the women that needed their product the most pay for it when the scientists that were in the research lab and most of the executives in the main office were men?

Just curious.

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 30, 2018, 02:01:17 AM
Mine said Russian lit and nuclear propulsion.  I think the military runs these tests.  What is calendaring?
That's impressive.  Calendaring is scheduling.  At my most recent (temp) job, I scheduled routine appointments for 29 professionals at 3 locations.  I was only expected to call to confirm appts for my vranch, but I did it for all three because I like to work.  Also, being on the phone made the other lady I worked with actually have to work, since I was indisposed.  That made me feel better.

Speaking of rants, she was really something.  She didn't clock out for lunches even though she usually left the building or an hour!  And she kept leaving 15 minutes early, much to the consternation of the next shift (and me).  And when she did stay in the building, in the back, for lunch, she rarely answered the phone, even though we were supposed to (a paid 30-min lunch).

I let her know outdoor lunches weren't supposed to be paid.  And she goes, "Every company I have ever worked for has paid me for lunch!".  How nice it must be to be blonde, and to always receive the benefit of the doubt, never being questioned or monitored.

Eventually management caught on that she wasn't clocking out for an hour.  So she, uh, cut back to mere 45-minute lunches.  Geez!

At first I just remained dutiful.  But what is good for the goose is good for the gander, so after two months I mirrored her, and that's when management noticed she was taking advantage.

The owner kept hollaring about the cost printing out pages, yet giving away lunch hour wages!  Her lunches equaled the cost of two entire reams of printer paper while he fussed and fumed over printed three pages and and then!  Absurd.

Again, this thread is for rants.  Just as many good things happened there as bad ones.  Like the time a very member of the public told the owner his breath smelled like crap, loud enough for 15 employees nearby to hear.

Jojo

Guys who think a non-material gift, or items just tossed onto the table, no matter how wonderful, or not, can substitute for the actual presentation of traditional card and nicely wrapped gift on gift-giving occassions.  Not.

Guys who can, but don't occasionally send or bring romantic flowers.  Parents who dont teach boys what constitutes "romantic flowers".  Parents who dont explain that "flowers" a lady buys for herself do not always qualify as decent when presented for romance (yellow roses, orange arrangements, carnations, short arrangements, short bud cups, bouquets, astralagus, mere babies' breath, potted flowers...).

Guys who over-emphasize their individuality right after falling short through their own insensitivity on or prior to a gift-giving holiday.  Pleasing, inoffensive gifts are of course possible while not sacrificing one's style or personality.  Everyone in the world at some time or another gives a birthday present, and I don't hear anyone else say tradition is cramping their individual style.  Besides, it's NOT ABOUT THEM!!!!!

Guys who don't compliment the lady, but instead compliment her garment or body part.  I dont want to hear a garment is your favorite.  I want to hear I look nice.  I dont want to hear a word about my arms, whether they are denuded or not or whatever.  Just say I look nice.  It's not about the dress.  It's not about the body parts.  I am a PERSON!  If you compliment me, I can figure out what you like.  Women are good at that, and it keeps their minds busy in a positive way.

Women who don't get sensitive points across to their guys, instead being bought, or distancing themselves.  Help the guy out!

Guys who can't be vulnerable enough to issue compliments directly, instead relying on their friends to tell you what they think. 

Quote from: Jojo on April 30, 2018, 03:44:34 PM
... and it keeps their minds busy in a positive way...

Hmmm, might have to give some of this a shot

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 30, 2018, 06:01:57 PM
Hmmm, might have to give some of this a shot

Jojo is Bellgab's lovelorn. ;)

Bluejay

(Intentional?) consistent misspellings.   â€œAn” is not an acceptable substitute for “and”.

Jojo

Quote from: ShayP on May 01, 2018, 12:18:13 AM
Richmond, VA.
Does Richmond annoy you?  There are property owners in VA sitting in a tree protesting approved eminent domain for a private natural gas pipeline.

Jojo

Employers who aren't proactive about getting back my tuberculosis test results.  When I called, I could not get a real person at the test clinic.  The testing clinic phone line said to go Online.  When I registered with the clinic online, I had to give out a whole lot of person info over the Internet.  For a one-time employment health test.  To me, that's more risk than appropriate for a small task, but I had no choice.

As soon as I registered with the lab clinic, my Amazon Fire browser locked up with a virus, and said to call a phone number.  The number was answered by real scammers, phishers.  They only wanted to (pretend to) sell me security products.  Meanwhile, I couldn't navigate at all, and had not downloaded Chrome yet either.

I used another instrument to find the Amazon Fire support number.  The lady had a big accent, just like the scammers.  But she actually was legit, and taught me how to Force Stop, clear cashe, clear data.  And start it over.  She got me to fix the problem, and said the problem hadn't been exactly a virus.   But it was bad.  She affirmed that the Fire tablet does not need security purchases because Amazon provides security with the tablet.  I thought so.  What a relief.

My old RCA Google tablet did not seem to have very good security, and after a couple years, a virus which said it would kill my tablet actually did!  So sad.  I replaced the RCA Google tablet with another one, and added free online security products, and that worked for a long time until the touch screen gave out, having been dropped many times.

The RCA Google tablet was better at displaying more and clearer images on google image papers than the Amazon.  And it had built-in outgoing phone service with Google Hangouts.  Now, on the Amazon tablet, I have to go to the Hangouts website which means the phone service is dependent on the browser, instead of independent.  But it's been ok.

ksm32

Windows 10. Still hate it. It was forced, and it's horrible.

Jojo

Women who allow their sterilized adult brain-damaged daughter to have a sexual "boyfriend" half the daughter's age... but who keep entering the closed bedroom door to "check on them"!!  Ridiculous on so many levels.

Jojo

People who are too stupid to know it is a low smoke alarm battery which is disturbing their sleep.  And...

Not being able to tell which smoke alarm is signaling low battery...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on May 05, 2018, 02:41:34 AM
Women who allow their sterilized adult brain-damaged daughter to have a sexual "boyfriend" half the daughter's age... but who keep entering the closed bedroom door to "check on them"!!  Ridiculous on so many levels.

Jojo, you wouldn't happen to be said brain-damaged daughter, would you? If so, I'd say you're doing remarkably well! :)

albrecht

Why does NBC have some faggy guy who dresses like Peewee Herman doing the presentation for the Kentucky Derby?

albrecht

Quote from: Jojo on May 05, 2018, 02:41:34 AM
Worse is parents who didn't have their severely retarded daughter sterilized and now society, because parents bailed, has to deal with a severely retarded baby.

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on May 05, 2018, 02:59:24 PM
Why does NBC have some faggy guy who dresses like Peewee Herman doing the presentation for the Kentucky Derby?

Because it's the Kentucky Derby.  Did he at least have on a cool hat or wear seersucker?  ;)

Quote from: ShayP on May 05, 2018, 03:04:08 PM
Because it's the Kentucky Derby.  Did he at least have on a cool hat or wear seersucker?  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 05, 2018, 03:04:46 PM

;D He really looks like him! Trying to do so for some odd reason? I know folks like to dress-up for the Kentucky Derby but Peewee Herman costume seems a bit "much."

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on May 05, 2018, 03:00:52 PM
Worse is parents who didn't have their severely retarded daughter sterilized and now society, because parents bailed, has to deal with a severely retarded baby.
Yes.
Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 05, 2018, 06:50:23 AM
Jojo, you wouldn't happen to be said brain-damaged daughter, would you? If so, I'd say you're doing remarkably well! :)
No.

Inaccurate school shooters!!!!!

Jojo

HR reps as well as administrators who are unprofessional, complaining about a duty.

HR reps who follow federal laws but later begrudge the employee to the employee's face.

Employees who refuse and resent requests from senior citizens using walkers for help with bulky Fedex deliveries up the elevator to their apartment.

Seniors who cave in and do it themselves instead of going up the chain of command.

ksm32

Quote from: monica on May 13, 2018, 12:37:44 AM
HR reps as well as administrators who are unprofessional, complaining about a duty.

HR reps who follow federal laws but later begrudge the employee to the employee's face.

Employees who refuse and resent requests from senior citizens using walkers for help with bulky Fedex deliveries up the elevator to their apartment.

Seniors who cave in and do it themselves instead of going up the chain of command.

Bellgabbers that have more than one account. For a third identity I hope you consider being a, Helen.
https://youtu.be/HC7ID1WiFpE

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on May 15, 2018, 12:13:53 AM
Bellgabbers that have more than one account. For a third identity I hope you consider being a, Helen.
https://youtu.be/HC7ID1WiFpE
MV was very nice to me this month, accommodating a special request.m

But how to attach an image?  Didn't work.