Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on February 06, 2018, 02:54:52 AM
Nope.  Nobody ever called her that.
It's all the same in the dark.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 05, 2018, 10:24:41 PM
Especially when you are talking to yourself. I hate it when that happens.
Yes, that bites!

These damn dolls annoy me and so do articles about them.   They never address the issue of disposal after the goober that buys them is found dead in his house.

It's a problem man............

albrecht

WTF? Maybe stop the bleeding before doing other jobs besides making drinks?
"After Vice called Starbucks, she says they confirmed that a barista had been bleeding and they agreed to have her stop making drinks."
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/02/07/starbucks-drinks-had-blood/

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on February 06, 2018, 04:59:28 AM
There’s a guy at my gym who mutters out loud. I thought he was talking to himself, encouraging himself, that kind of thing, while he lifted. Then yesterday, he was walking between the barbells and dumbbells, and he clearly said, “Where are you?” Then he said, “I’m over here.” “OK.” And he went to the dumbbells and worked with them. When I went to that area, he was having a two-sided conversation about Obama’s presidency.
I don't know the law in your state but you need to record that and put on the interwebs, youtubes, or BG- sounds hilarious and sort of scary. What was "their" final verdict on the Obama Presidency?

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 08, 2018, 07:23:36 AM
These damn dolls annoy me and so do articles about them.   They never address the issue of disposal after the goober that buys them is found dead in his house.

It's a problem man............

Wouldn't they end up at Goodwill, along with his jackets and ties?

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 08, 2018, 08:21:32 PM
Wouldn't they end up at Goodwill, along with his jackets and ties?
I believe he had a story about having to dispose of a "doll," not his, somewhere here on BG. It was pretty funny.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on February 08, 2018, 12:09:59 PM
WTF? Maybe stop the bleeding before doing other jobs besides making drinks?
"After Vice called Starbucks, she says they confirmed that a barista had been bleeding and they agreed to have her stop making drinks."
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/02/07/starbucks-drinks-had-blood/
There are cases of AIDS just from having one's hands bled on.

And, in drinking a beverage which might have HIV in it, some people could get the HIV blood cells into their own bloodstream, like people who are missing most of a tooth at the gum line, or who have a mouth sore, blister, or who bit their tongue that day

The medication for HIV is $3600/mo and many people people can't even afford the copay, rendering them to work just for insurance and not necessarily have enough left for housing. Disability does not get granted just because of HIV.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on February 08, 2018, 08:33:02 PM
I believe he had a story about having to dispose of a "doll," not his, somewhere here on BG. It was pretty funny.
Chainsaw?

Jojo

Couch surfers, experienced homeless people, who still haven't figured out to hop on it and use the loo when it's open.  Instead of competing, during leisure time.

Quote from: Jojo on February 11, 2018, 12:31:26 AM
Couch surfers, experienced homeless people, who still haven't figured out to hop on it and use the loo when it's open.  Instead of competing, during leisure time.

I think that's called a shit show

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 11, 2018, 12:36:24 AM
I think that's called a shit show
Definitely.  Talked about pampered, they just don't get even the most basic tenets of shared housing.  We gave an inch; they take a mile.

Jojo

Employers who cancel a job interview at the very last minute, saying "We are re-thinking the position".

Instead of bucking up, doing due diligence (the interview), and keeping their bumbling idiocy to themselves.

And it's always women-dominated business that pull this one...  sad to say.  And they wonder why they are last to get paid.  If women want their businesses to be respected (paid on time) then we need to behave respectfully (not burden professionals with emotional baggage).

If I wanted to know why I wasn't hired, I would have asked.  Don't burden me with ineptitude, followed by a bore.

Quote from: Jojo on February 23, 2018, 04:15:05 PM
Employers who cancel a job interview at the very last minute, saying "We are re-thinking the position"...

After the initial irritation, I welcome idiots, jackasses, flakes, and the rest to identify themselves upfront so I don't end up wasting much time on them.  And fortunately, most of them do so fairly quickly.

The way I look at it is be happy you didn't end up working in a miserable situation with those dipshits.

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 23, 2018, 10:56:39 PM
After the initial irritation, I welcome idiots, jackasses, flakes, and the rest to identify themselves upfront so I don't end up wasting much time on them.  And fortunately, most of them do so fairly quickly.

The way I look at it is be happy you didn't end up working in a miserable situation with those dipshits.
I agree.  Figured out I'd rather work for a man.  Saw that coming.  A lot of women just don't have professionalism nor objectivity in the workplace.  It's not their fault.  It has been done to them through gender roles and erosion of confidence.

Quote from: Jojo on February 23, 2018, 11:31:50 PM
I agree.  Figured out I'd rather work for a man.  Saw that coming.  A lot of women just don't have professionalism nor objectivity in the workplace.  It's not their fault.  It has been done to them through gender roles and erosion of confidence.

hoping the best for you but why not just take the best opportunity and drop the whole men vs. women thing? it seems to be your favorite paradigm but perhaps its a bit of a hindrance. if I'm sticking my nose in where it isn't needed then please accept my apology

Jojo

Quote from: sumthinz going on on February 24, 2018, 09:22:54 AM
hoping the best for you but why not just take the best opportunity and drop the whole men vs. women thing? it seems to be your favorite paradigm but perhaps its a bit of a hindrance. if I'm sticking my nose in where it isn't needed then please accept my apology
I honestly think this has been my only rant against women.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on February 24, 2018, 03:50:25 PM

If you ever want to borrow some let me know.

Quote from: Jojo on February 24, 2018, 03:50:25 PM

I didn't mean to imply that I thought your post was a rant against women, or a rant against any sort, actually  :)

Jojo

Quote from: sumthinz going on on February 24, 2018, 05:15:26 PM
I didn't mean to imply that I thought your post was a rant against women, or a rant against any sort, actually  :)
The men vs women thing...  when? where??  Help me out!

Quote from: Jojo on February 24, 2018, 05:58:12 PM
The men vs women thing...  when? where??  Help me out!

I thought you were seeking a solution to your employment problem, and so I suggested that you focus on being open to all opportunity, whoever presents it, instead of being distracted by gender. That's all it was

Jojo

Quote from: sumthinz going on on February 24, 2018, 08:51:48 PM
I thought you were seeking a solution to your employment problem, and so I suggested that you focus on being open to all opportunity, whoever presents it, instead of being distracted by gender. That's all it was
Normally I do.  But I'm on my third gig in woman-dominant businesses (two out of the three are women owned), and very overwhelmed by the sheer unprofessionalism.  Two of the businesses had no males employees at all, and this one has no men on the front end!  And the employer before this one was also female dominant.  Awful watching women lead their male supervisor around by the nose.

Juan

In my experience many women, especially younger ones, don’t know the difference between being a strong, decisive manager and being a bitch.

Jojo

Quote from: Juan on February 25, 2018, 04:46:58 AM
In my experience many women, especially younger ones, don’t know the difference between being a strong, decisive manager and being a bitch.
Sometimes.  Like, to climb up the chain some drop all their humanity, instead of just dropping the traits that they should.  Sometimes they even hold onto their irrelevant traits, but mask it.

I don't blame women, I am one.  And there are lots of good women managers.

One of the things that I dislike the most is when women use their inner "compensator" to achieve their goals, by spending their personal money on work resources, doing tasks at work that others should be doing but aren't, and staying late or otherwise working without pay.  Of course a woman will be bitchy is her whole day is spend doing for others what they should be doing, when she knows she will be up late doing her own work afterward.

I don't work in management.  And every hour I work is paid and on the schedule. 

paladin1991

Quote from: Jojo on February 08, 2018, 04:08:43 AM
It's all the same in the dark.

Yeah, but can it ever get dark enough?

Quote from: Jojo on February 25, 2018, 03:58:05 AM
Normally I do.  But I'm on my third gig in woman-dominant businesses (two out of the three are women owned), and very overwhelmed by the sheer unprofessionalism.  Two of the businesses had no males employees at all, and this one has no men on the front end!  And the employer before this one was also female dominant.  Awful watching women lead their male supervisor around by the nose.

i hear ya