• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

WOTR

Quote from: McPhallus on March 21, 2012, 06:22:56 PM
Companies that buy once-legendary brand names hoping to cash in even when the entity creating the original brand is long gone.
How about companies that think that they can just coast on the reputation that they had built over the last century?  I noticed that redwing shoes (made in Redwing MN) now have almost half of their production originating in China (though the boxes and product are not labelled as such- you have to look at the little tag sewn to the tongue.)  My Carhartt work jeans and jackets, which up until 3 years ago were tagged "made with pride by union workers in the USA" are no longer tagged "made with pride"- just made in Mexico and made in Malaysia.  A brand once made in my city, Chariot, has now moved production of all child carriers to China- they forgot to reduce the prices when the quality went to pot.  Their reputation for quality is slowly eroding, but they will cash out with millions before they are forced to reduce their prices when people start actually looking at the new product.

Stanley Tools would be the worst.  They were selling tools in the dollar store and now are making a "high grade" line called "fat max" that they want to pretend are a good quality.  I'm sorry, but you can't produce tools for a dollar store and then tell me that you make the equivalent of Snap-On at the same time...  Really, that is only the tip of the iceberg.  There are a lot of companies who built a reputation for quality who have now seen the "made in China" light and realized how much higher their margin is if they move production offshore.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: McPhallus on March 21, 2012, 06:22:56 PMIf something's dead, let it die: you're just going to tick off the original crowd and confuse those who weren't around to enjoy it the first time.

Truer words were never spoken....about Noory's version of Coast. He turned a Mustang into a Yugo.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Seamus Capone on March 22, 2012, 12:11:39 AM
....about Noory's version of Coast. He turned a Mustang into a Yugo.

And he turned interesting, developmental conversation into dumbfuckery.

Morning WOOD, and my wife always asking why! I ENDURE 5-7 days of bleeding. GOD DAMN...I'm going to make a fort out of sheets and pillows in my bonus room and play xbox. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: PortlandDangler on March 22, 2012, 11:34:21 AM
Morning WOOD, and my wife always asking why! I ENDURE 5-7 days of bleeding. GOD DAMN...I'm going to make a fort out of sheets and pillows in my bonus room and play xbox.
Morning wood and bleeding?  Wow, you're a multi-tasker.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 22, 2012, 12:08:11 PM
Morning wood and bleeding?  Wow, you're a multi-tasker.

lol, nice. 

The General

I was stumped trying to figure out the correlation between morning wood and bleeding, and I decided it might be a case of some lacking context and punctuation...  Hopefully not a medical condition.
So I sent this missive to my cipher busting team of code breakers, and they ran it through an Enigma machine and consulted some Wind Talkers and came up with the following translation...

Morning WOOD annoys me, and my wife always asks, "Why? I ENDURE 5-7 days of bleeding!"
GOD DAMN...I'm going to make a fort out of sheets and pillows in my bonus room and play xbox.

Let me know if we're getting close.

Eddie Coyle

Morning wood...at 2pm on a park bench overlooking the beach..."sitting on a park bench, behind college age girls with bad intent".

McPhallus

Morning wood is a gift.  Use it wisely.

Eddie Coyle

Summer heat in mid-March. Fucking sucks. Early allergies, "my eyes are goin' crazy,here"

HAHA I was never bless with writing/typing skills General. I should get that voice recog. software.

Frys Girl

Trayvon Martin story is so sad. I hate that Obama has spoken publicly on it, though. Hard to believe that a grown man with a gun would shout "HELP ME" and kill someone.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Frys Girl on March 23, 2012, 03:33:38 PM
Trayvon Martin story is so sad. I hate that Obama has spoken publicly on it, though. Hard to believe that a grown man with a gun would shout "HELP ME" and kill someone.
Obama spoke on it the way he speaks on all things, by making himself the center of the story. How the fuck does he know that "his son" would look like Trayvon? His egomania is unreal.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 23, 2012, 04:00:34 PM
          Obama spoke on it ...by making himself the center of the story. How the fuck does he know that "his son" would look like Trayvon? His egomania is unreal.
Oh, calm yourself, Coyle  ;D   That's just called "displaying empathy."   Remember "empathy?"   Noory was proudly telling everybody about it just 2 nights ago when, at age 61, he learned what it meant.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Ben Shockley on March 23, 2012, 09:04:05 PM
Oh, calm yourself, Coyle  ;D   That's just called "displaying empathy."   Remember "empathy?"   Noory was proudly telling everybody about it just 2 nights ago when, at age 61, he learned what it meant.
Empathy would be feeling/sharing an emotion for/with another person, something that I would never accuse any of our elected officials of being guilty of.

If Obama had married a white Hispanic perhaps his rhetorical son would look like the shooter.That's what annoyed me more than anyhing else, the convenient sophistry of "what if". Furthermore, Obama would have never been involved with Trayvon's mother, she wasn't part of a social milieu he'd belonged to. He's a "Talented Tenth" guy if there ever was one...

I'm certain that Noory has already forgotten what he learned. If he had born 10 years later, I'd accuse him of being a Title 1 student...but then again, it was created in '65, so maybe...

Frys Girl

Quote from: Ben Shockley on March 23, 2012, 09:04:05 PM
Low standards! Whew. You call that empathy?

McPhallus

Young couples and their screaming kids when I'm trying to have lunch at Jason's Deli.  From the kid who bumped his head at the soda fountain and started screaming to the guy with the stroller who keeps pacing up and down the aisle, you irritate me.

b_dubb

Fundamentalists annoy the piss out of me

McPhallus

Idiots who STILL support Blagojevich even though he's been convicted and is about as dirty as you can get.

Frys Girl

Quote from: McPhallus on March 26, 2012, 05:50:59 PM
Idiots who STILL support Blagojevich even though he's been convicted and is about as dirty as you can get.
I love Blago! I still think he's innocent. He has great hair! Give him a break. Free Blago.

McPhallus

Quote from: Frys Girl on March 26, 2012, 06:17:37 PM
I love Blago! I still think he's innocent. He has great hair! Give him a break. Free Blago.

LOL!  You're trolling me, FG! :)

Eddie Coyle

The man can't send Blago to jail!
           No Justice No Peace, No Justice No Peace!

mannequin

Ever checked the threads on the C2C facebook page?
They have the feel of a yahoo chat room, just really juvenile, ignorant, and not funny.
I'm sorry I can even make the yahoo reference, but a man has needs.

pepsiguy

Lurkers too lazy to post.Guess thats me.Back to basketball,another beer please and relight my cohiba.

Eddie Coyle

Here's a sexist generalization, but it's not wrong.

Women have the worst taste in television. I never DVR anything, but I just realized that on my DVR there is a backload of Chelsea Handler, Mob Wives, Casey Anthony "specials"(as in retarded) and The Voice. Horrible,awful,abominable and repulsive. This is why I watch about 3 hours of TV per week and alone.

Eddie Coyle

Those who yell "no justice, no peace"

Especially since it's an empty gesture because they don't abide by either.

stevesh

'Men' who say, "Super!", one of whom is Simple George.