• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis

Started by VictoriaPandora, April 30, 2011, 11:37:35 AM

albrecht

Quote from: brig on May 15, 2017, 10:20:50 PM
Yeah, I hope he gets into that. I want to learn if you can get it on your computer if it's already got Bit Defender turned on.
Look at 'tech' thread here. There smart posters who also provide links etc. Take all with grain of salt and verify before doing something. And backup your stuff. Knew someone a year plus ago who got hit and sucked. Ended up paying (a hard thing at that for a non-tech type to do because all kinds of bitcoin and stuff that might open one up to more problems!) but the paid ransom does (at least then) did unlock all of the stuff. But this feeds the criminals to do it more so sucks.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on May 15, 2017, 10:27:39 PM
Me too.  I still had the wiring and an old phone, so when we had some rough weather with power outages I plugged it in.  Nope.  Nuthin'.  Dead.  :(  I then ripped the wires out when I painted.

My house got struck by lightning and fused a bunch of the phone wires together in the attic. Not sure if the ones in the wall are damaged or not. Took out most of my appliances. The only thing that wasn't affected was my Vonage VOIP device. 14 years later it is still working. Took out the cable modem and a pc hooked up on the other side of the vonage box. Weird really.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 15, 2017, 10:31:08 PM
My house got struck by lightning and fused a bunch of the phone wires together in the attic. Not sure if the ones in the wall are damaged or not. Took out most of my appliances. The only thing that wasn't affected was my Vonage VOIP device. 14 years later it is still working. Took out the cable modem and a pc hooked up on the other side of the vonage box. Weird really.

It's funny you mention that.  Years ago (2005 or 6 maybe) one of my suppliers recommended that and I just blew him off.

albrecht

My last few experiences were that "landlines" were now through digital "box" then back into lines in house for phone jacks. And a remodel condo the guy said its all digital and just, if you need phones have one base station n slave units. Note: needed boosters for Wifi and cellphone signal there but 'landline' phones even with master-slave system worked ok.

Lilith

Quote from: albrecht on May 15, 2017, 10:28:21 PM
Look at 'tech' thread here. There smart posters who also provide links etc. Take all with grain of salt and verify before doing something. And backup your stuff. Knew someone a year plus ago who got hit and sucked. Ended up paying (a hard thing at that for a non-tech type to do because all kinds of bitcoin and stuff that might open one up to more problems!) but the paid ransom does (at least then) did unlock all of the stuff. But this feeds the criminals to do it more so sucks.

I have a system image, and sure, I suppose you can always do a fresh install.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on May 15, 2017, 10:34:07 PM

It's funny you mention that.  Years ago (2005 or 6 maybe) one of my suppliers recommended that and I just blew him off.

I bought it when I was commuting back and forth to WV for 3 years so I could have a local Houston number and talk with my daughter. I take it with me when I travel. Excellent service. I get an email with all
My voicemails transcripted and it is set up to ring my cell phone at the same time. I am not sure what other VOIP service provided are out there, but I am extremely happy with it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on May 15, 2017, 10:37:48 PM

The trouble with a fresh install is that if the hack was still active, as soon as you connected to the internet to get the latest updates which could block it, if port 445 was open you could get infected.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 15, 2017, 10:37:58 PM
I bought it when I was commuting back and forth to WV for 3 years so I could have a local Houston number and talk with my daughter. I take it with me when I travel. Excellent service. I get an email with all
My voicemails transcripted and it is set up to ring my cell phone at the same time. I am not sure what other VOIP service provided are out there, but I am extremely happy with it.

Now I am curious.  I should look into it then.  ;)

ShayP

Speaking of Bitcoin...I still can't comprehend what it is.  :-\

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on May 15, 2017, 10:40:11 PM
Now I am curious.  I should link into it then.  ;)

It has a lot of features a landline doesn't. Simultaneous rings to other numbers, ability to block anonymous calls, voicemail, call forwarding is included as well and if your internet is down you can set it up to ring another number anyway.

It only requires a broadband connection. Call quality is better than land line.

albrecht

Quote from: brig on May 15, 2017, 10:37:48 PM
Idk. You start reading the tech thread here and even mainstream stuff like Wired and nothing secure! But, since I have nothing hide, more concerned about the ransom and archives of old photos, family history, and legal/financial stuff..  And even there one goes down rabbit holes...disk rot, what good storage media, etc etc I do multiple stuff for important things. Keep originals, scan, burn to disks, drives, stores in different places, and some cloud (but no connections between- except the obvious.  Worry about clouds and USB issues with that stuff.)

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 15, 2017, 10:27:45 PM
Only if it blocks port 445

Just 445?  Not 139 as well?

( I can block those in Windows Firewall if I should)

ShayP

Yes Clyde...the main stream media is intolerable, however the other media outlets (as yourself) are just as bad in different ways.

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on May 15, 2017, 10:50:44 PM
Just 445?  Not 139 as well?

I was working from memory. You are right. Both ports.

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 15, 2017, 10:52:18 PM
I was working from memory. You are right. Both ports.

Alright.  Thank You Gravity. I will do that.

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on May 15, 2017, 10:54:00 PM
Alright.  Thank You Gravity. I will do that.

For some reason I thought you were using linux.

ShayP

Ugh.  I need to hit the sack.  Cheers to brig, albrecht, and GS.  :)   It's always a good time.   8)

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on May 15, 2017, 10:57:14 PM
Ugh.  I need to hit the sack.  Cheers to brig, albrecht, and GS.  :)   It's always a good time.   8)

Later Shay

albrecht

Nighty night.

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 15, 2017, 10:55:44 PM
For some reason I thought you were using linux.

I did, untill Windows 10  :)

I blocked both ports, Thank You Gravity!!!!

Lilith

G'Night ShayP.  See You next time!  :-*

ponyboysunset

Ok several things on the last show. I don't need the same thing repeated to me over 5 times. But due the quality of Clyde's callers I am starting to understand why he does it. For example the lady and her friend having a falling out over not going to a Def Leppard concert and her friend doesn't remember this and some how that is a Mandela Effect? :o Also said caller had to be the slowest talker in history.  ::)

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 16, 2017, 08:32:05 AM
Ok several things on the last show. I don't need the same thing repeated to me over 5 times. But due the quality of Clyde's callers I am starting to understand why he does it. For example the lady and her friend having a falling out over not going to a Def Leppard concert and her friend doesn't remember this and some how that is a Mandela Effect? :o Also said caller had to be the slowest talker in history.  ::)

I like to call them "The Facebook Callers".  :-[

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on May 16, 2017, 08:35:34 AM
I like to call them "The Facebook Callers".  :-[
That lady took forever to get to her point. Are people really that stupid? Wait apparently they are. LOL

Jackstar

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 16, 2017, 08:42:40 AM
Are people really that stupid?

What is your present level of awareness of the fluoride and the rogue geoengineering?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Jackstar on May 16, 2017, 08:49:42 AM
What is your present level of awareness of the fluoride and the rogue geoengineering?
PS they also put prozac in the water in some cities.  ;D

Jackstar

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 16, 2017, 08:55:36 AM
prozac in the water

They piss it out everywhere they travel, like lemurs marking their territory. Little to nothing in any municipal water supply acceptably filters out used pharmaceuticals.

Lemurs.

damon

Jimmy Church and Clyde Lewis are now on the air with each other

Quote from: Damon on May 17, 2017, 08:39:46 PM
Jimmy Church and Clyde Lewis are now on the air with each other

I always get the feeling that Jimmy Church should be down at the Chevy lot selling Camaro's.