• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Music

Started by RealCool Daddio, April 24, 2011, 10:21:45 PM

Usagi

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on May 08, 2011, 07:42:17 PM

The google ad that showed up during this was "metal hip implant disasters."

Quote from: Usagi on May 08, 2011, 07:50:01 PM
The google ad that showed up during this was "metal hip implant disasters."

Yeah..sometimes I rock to hard so Nordic metal that I toss out the old leg shakers.

Usagi

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on May 08, 2011, 07:51:07 PM
Yeah..sometimes I rock to hard so Nordic metal that I toss out the old leg shakers.

My D&D group plays Amorphis sometimes during battle, so I'm getting all sorts of different images from this, let me tell you. ;)

Quote from: Usagi on May 08, 2011, 07:54:52 PM
My D&D group plays Amorphis sometimes during battle, so I'm getting all sorts of different images from this, let me tell you. ;)

I'm a purist, so..only the first three albums. After Elegy..fuck it.

Usagi

One of the ultimate A#1 battle background songs of all time.  And *possibly* the coolest video of all time.

Dimmu Borgir - The Serpentine Offering

Awwwwww yeah, Dimmu Burger.  8)

JustOneFix

Quote from: Usagi on May 08, 2011, 08:11:16 PM
One of the ultimate A#1 battle background songs of all time.  And *possibly* the coolest video of all time.

Dimmu Borgir - The Serpentine Offering

I'm not a big black metal fan, but I saw them live when they toured with Behemoth and was actually very impressed. Might have been the fact that the ticket was free, but whatever the reason, I didn't regret seeing them live.

Usagi

Quote from: JustOneFix on May 08, 2011, 08:25:47 PM
I'm not a big black metal fan

Neither am I, but when something is cool, it cannot be denied.

EvB

honest LOLs here.

The General

Quote from: the_wanderer on May 08, 2011, 08:26:56 PM
Regardless what others think, even musicians, I've produced a few songs so I don't play an instrument but I know how to put the elements together to make a good song.  On this one the "General" is FOS.

Case in point, lots of guitar players can play Voodoo Child, but note for fucking note, cord for cord,  only SRV could equal Hendrix.  Lots of painters can throw shit on the canvas and call it art; there's only one Van Gogh, Rothko, Rembrandt, Hoksai, Hiroshige.

take it from a guy who lives, eats, sleeps, breathes guitars... I know a LOT of people that can play Hendrix note for note, chord for chord.  It's just not that impressive.  It's like piano players playing Mozart or Bach note for note, it's WHAT THEY DO.  Being original, THAT's hard. 

So, actually, we agree.  If you read my original post about it, that's what we're both saying.  So if I'm full of shit, then so are you.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Usagi on May 08, 2011, 11:28:39 AM
I hate when people make fun of the Allman Brothers, like you are instantly a redneck if you listen to them.  They had some awesome music.
wow, there are people who think that about those who listen to the ABB?  i've never encountered that attitude, but, then again, i don't live anywhere near seattle.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on May 08, 2011, 12:01:24 PM
...I hate to plug it on coastgab tho.
why's that?

The General

Quote from: Michael V. on May 08, 2011, 10:45:32 PM
why's that?
well, I thought for some reason that it would be considered self-promotion and that it might be frowned upon in this forum.  Besides that, a little anonymity is a good thing here.  It's nothing too special, I play guitar in an instrumental soul band in Seattle.  My main work is building and fixing guitars.

I do remember you saying that you are a drummer, though.  You got anything for us to check out?  You're not so anonymous being a high profile internet radio star and all.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on May 08, 2011, 11:30:08 PM
well, I thought for some reason that it would be considered self-promotion and that it might be frowned upon in this forum.  Besides that, a little anonymity is a good thing here.  It's nothing too special, I play guitar in an instrumental soul band in Seattle.  My main work is building and fixing guitars.

I do remember you saying that you are a drummer, though.  You got anything for us to check out?  You're not so anonymous being a high profile internet radio star and all.
hell no it's not a problem.  the only time it's a problem is when people register for the explicit and singular purpose of promoting something, and then they bail, never to be seen or heard from again.  otherwise, we definitely want actual members to feel free to plug whatever they want... even if it's a commercial website they own.  doesn't matter.  plug away.

i don't have any recordings of myself at the moment because i had a recent hard drive failure which zapped them all.  however, i'm going to attempt a repair on this drive soon.  wish me luck.

Quote from: The General on May 08, 2011, 09:17:22 PM
take it from a guy who lives, eats, sleeps, breathes guitars... I know a LOT of people that can play Hendrix note for note, chord for chord.  It's just not that impressive.  It's like piano players playing Mozart or Bach note for note, it's WHAT THEY DO.  Being original, THAT's hard. 

So, actually, we agree.  If you read my original post about it, that's what we're both saying.  So if I'm full of shit, then so are you.

Oh, I thought he meant you were Fucking On Spot! 

I agree with you.  I don't play guitars, but I like them.   :)

The General

Quote from: the_wanderer on May 08, 2011, 08:32:59 PM
Musicians I've worked with most performed absolutely fantastic when they were stoned, drunk, etc, when they were sober the performance wasn't nearly as good, free flowing, pretty lame and uninspiring.

You're an SRV fan like me, don't you think he got way better after he sobered up?
A lot of musicians play better high because they're just alcoholics or drug addicts.  They can't function unless they're high.  So if they are jonesing for a buzz, it's distracting them and they feel naked.  If they truly clean up and go sober for an extended period of time, they actually usually improve.  In my experience.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on May 09, 2011, 09:36:08 AM
You're an SRV fan like me, don't you think he got way better after he sobered up?

Personally, I felt his first sobriety album, "In Step" was his strongest album. And his weakest album,IMO, "Live Alive" was recorded when he was really having a hard time with various substances,particularly the 1986 tracks.

Usagi

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on May 09, 2011, 08:35:19 PM

Top that. Sinead + punk = <3

In the vein of Death in June, I'll match your pretty for my ugly.  (Or is playing the Boyd Rice card like bringing out Hitler and/or Jesus in a debate?)

NON - Total War (Brest 2002)

Quote from: Usagi on May 09, 2011, 08:44:35 PM
In the vein of Death in June, I'll match your pretty for my ugly.  (Or is playing the Boyd Rice card like bringing out Hitler and/or Jesus in a debate?)

NON - Total War (Brest 2002)

Well...according to him, I DO want total war.

Boyd Rice!!

Some awesome tunes being put up here. Didn't expect to run into Strapping Young Lad!
I haven't had a chance to go through all of it yet so forgive me if these have already made an appearance...

Killing Joke-Asteroid

Skinny Puppy - Spasmolytic

:Wumpscut: - Soylent Green