• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 06, 2019, 02:18:26 PM
The southern state economies would probably collapse without the cheaper dependable Mexican labour.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-2a-temporary-agricultural-workers

https://www.doleta.gov/programs/who_msfw.cfm

Who are Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers (MSFWs)?
Seasonal Farmworkers means an individual who is employed, or was employed in the past 12 months, in farmwork of a seasonal or other temporary nature and is not required to be absent overnight from his/her permanent place of residence. Non-migrant individuals who are full-time students are excluded. Labor is performed on a seasonal basis where, ordinarily, the employment pertains to or is of the kind exclusively performed at certain seasons or periods of the year and which, from its nature, may not be continuous or carried on throughout the year. A worker who moves from one seasonal activity to another, while employed in farmwork, is employed on a seasonal basis even though he/she may continue to be employed during a major portion of the year. A worker is employed on other temporary basis where he/she is employed for a limited time only or his/her performance is contemplated for a particular piece of work, usually of short duration. Generally, employment which is contemplated to continue indefinitely is not temporary.
Migrant Farmworkers means a seasonal farmworker who travels to the job site so that the farmworker is not reasonably able to return to his/her permanent residence within the same day. Full-time students traveling in organized groups rather than with their families are excluded.

QuoteConsider the $26 billion as the trade-off for the entitled Bubba's sitting at home collecting welfare . . . because the labour intensive jobs that the Mexicans do, are so far beneath the Bubba's dream of employment.

You have heard of mechanization, yes?

They're expendable. ;D

QuoteYou're on this site 50+ posts per day . . .  would it be an assumption that you and your wheelbarrow are unemployed ?

Has computer multitasking not made it to Canuckistan yet?

QuoteHang in there Bubba, better times are coming . . .

Dr. MD MD

The southern state economies would probably collapse without the cheaper dependable Mexican labour.
Consider the $26 billion as the trade-off for the entitled Bubba's sitting at home collecting welfare . . . because the labour intensive jobs that the Mexicans do, are so far beneath the Bubba's dream of employment.
You're on this site 50+ posts per day . . .  would it be an assumption that you and your wheelbarrow are unemployed ?
Hang in there Bubba, better times are coming . . .

Really?! Did the Southern econmy crash when there wasn’t as many illegals?! I bet not. I bet the economy was actually better then because all the illegals do is bring down wages for everyone.  :D

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 06, 2019, 05:05:25 PM
Really?! Did the Southern econmy crash when there wasn’t as many illegals?! I bet not. I bet the economy was actually better then because all the illegals do is bring down wages for everyone.  :D

It's what has cored actual Americans out of the construction industry ftmp.

https://cis.org/Report/Are-There-Really-Jobs-Americans-Wont-Do
Findings
Of the 472 civilian occupations, only six are majority immigrant (legal and illegal). These six occupations account for 1 percent of the total U.S. workforce. Moreover, native-born Americans still comprise 46 percent of workers even in these occupations.
Many jobs often thought to be overwhelmingly immigrant (legal and illegal) are in fact majority native-born:
Maids and housekeepers: 51 percent native-born
Taxi drivers and chauffeurs: 58 percent native-born
Butchers and meat processors: 63 percent native-born
Grounds maintenance workers: 64 percent native-born
Construction laborers: 66 percent native-born
Porters, bellhops, and concierges: 72 percent native-born
Janitors: 73 percent native-born
There are 67 occupations in which 25 percent or more of workers are immigrants (legal and illegal). In these high-immigrant occupations, there are still 16.5 million natives â€" accounting for one out of eight natives in the labor force.
High-immigrant occupations (25 percent or more immigrant) are primarily, but not exclusively, lower-wage jobs that require relatively little formal education.
In high-immigrant occupations, 59 percent of the natives have no education beyond high school, compared to 31 percent of the rest of the labor force.

https://slate.com/business/2017/03/construction-execs-are-missing-the-obvious-explanation-for-their-labor-shortage.html

When regional labor markets are tight, you have to send the price signal to potential workers that it will be worth their while to leave their current home or position in order to applyâ€"that the job will pay well, that it will carry benefits, that if you get hurt or sick you’ll have good insurance, that there might be job security and prospects for training and development. That price might be closer to $100,000 than it is to $50,000. But that’s where we are in the economic cycle. And if builders prefer not to pay up to attract workers and are reluctant to try to charge more for their end products, they’ll muddle through at low volumes. That, alas, is also where we are.

ACE of CLUBS

Really?! Did the Southern economy crash when there wasn’t as many illegals?  I bet not. I bet the economy was actually better then because all the illegals do is bring down wages for everyone.  :D

Simple fact: The Mexicans crossing to work in the U.S. have a 'work ethic' . . . work hard at menial jobs for lesser wages, then go home.
Do the Bubbas have a work ethic . . . . or any kind of ethic ?  Do any of them know what work means, or how to spell it ?

Kidnostad3

Quote from: tiny hands Convention on January 06, 2019, 07:59:51 AM

When have walls ever stopped determined people? I know this is a stretch for you to even contemplate, but go ahead and try.

[attachment=1,msg1302372]

Stop being such a drama queen.  The walls of Constantinople went unbreached for over 1,000 years and even then it took a long siege by the Ottomans to get it done.  That said, Trump's wall is not intended to withstand a military assault--just to curtail illegal entry drug and smuggling.  It will be money well spent.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 06, 2019, 05:32:54 PM
Simple fact: The Mexicans crossing to work in the U.S. have a 'work ethic' . . . work hard at menial jobs for lesser wages, then go home.
Do the Bubbas have a work ethic . . . . or any kind of ethic ?  Do any of them know what work means, or how to spell it ?

Simple fact: Your mom should’ve had a post-birth abortion, you slave to the man. ::)

Metron2267

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 06, 2019, 05:32:54 PM

Yes, their "work ethic" was a hand me down from centuries of Spanish oppression, some cultural bennie that is!

And who doesn't want a nation with menial jobs for lesser wages - mmmm hmmm!

QuoteDo the Bubbas have a work ethic . . . . or any kind of ethic ?  Do any of them know what work means, or how to spell it ?

Ask your average excavating contractor - but be sure to break fast for the border before you get your ass kicked and planted.

How's it going with all those Somalis Trudumb is importing?

Metron2267

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 06, 2019, 05:38:55 PM
Stop being such a drama queen.  The walls of Constantinople went unbreached for over 1,000 years and even then it took a long siege by the Ottomans to get it done.  That said, Trump's wall is not intended to withstand a military assault--just to curtail illegal entry drug smuggling.  It will be money well spent.

Better spent than the billions we tribute Israel and Afghanistan with year after year...

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 06, 2019, 08:05:37 AM
I see that the Australian news media continue to emphasize the negative where Trump is concerned.
My wife and I where in Brisbane during the 2016 election.  I could not believe how hostile the Australian MSM was towards Trump in the days leading up to the election and how shocked and appalled they were when he won.  Must take their lead from U.S. corporate media.

They read from the same globalist script. It's designed to fool and please leftist morons like Tiny Hands.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 06, 2019, 06:18:18 PM
They read from the same globalist script. It's designed to fool and please leftist morons like Tiny Hands.

And establishment RINOs like you, kid and gd. ;)

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: tiny hands Convention on January 06, 2019, 07:59:51 AM

When have walls ever stopped determined people? I know this is a stretch for you to even contemplate, but go ahead and try.

[attachment=1,msg1302372]

Ask the Democrat leadership. They thought that it was a good idea before Trump favored it, and walls also work for the gated communities where they live, and walls have worked in varied places and times since the days of Mesopotamia, and Eisenhower (stupid person?) favored a wall too, but I realize that you lack the common sense to grasp this.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 06, 2019, 06:19:21 PM
And establishment RINOs like you, kid and gd. ;)

You're a fucking moron just like Tiny Hands. After you alienate Metron, you'll be just as welcome here.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 06, 2019, 06:23:04 PM
You're a fucking moron just like Tiny Hands. After you alienate Metron, you'll be just as welcome here.

Aw! :D

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 06, 2019, 06:24:54 PM
Aw! :D

That's original. You can call me a hater and/or a snowflake too.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 06, 2019, 06:28:40 PM
That's original. You can call me a hater and/or a snowflake too.

Nah! You’re too boring for even that.

Nucky Nolan

Consider the $26 billion as the trade-off for the entitled Bubba's sitting at home collecting welfare . . . because the labour intensive jobs that the Mexicans do, are so far beneath the Bubba's dream of employment.
You're on this site 50+ posts per day . . .  would it be an assumption that you and your wheelbarrow are unemployed ?
Hang in there Bubba, better times are coming . . .

You would scream like a stuck pig if someone replaced "Bubba" with "Leroy" in your post. Leftists never met a double standard that they didn't like, and I will pay your way to say that load of crap to Bubba's face, but I won't pay the bills to repair your ugly face after you do so.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 06, 2019, 06:29:27 PM
Nah! You’re too boring for even that.

Well, we can count on you for ironic posts. You should change your user name to "Johnny Half Note" or "Johnny Half Wit" since both would apply.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 06, 2019, 05:40:52 PM
Simple fact: Your mom should’ve had a post-birth abortion, you slave to the man.

Just so you know . . . . there are two kinds of class:  First class, and no class.
You've demonstrated, quite nicely in fact, which group is yours . . . .
Post often.

Metron2267

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 06, 2019, 06:23:04 PM

Doh!

He's gone after me before Nucky, I get his commitment to consistency of stance.

I know - irony meter time for someone who voted Obozo... ::)

Gd5150

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 06, 2019, 08:12:15 PM
Doh!

A broken record player is consistent too. And about as effective.

ACE of CLUBS

Pud still around ?
Perhaps Dr. Dum Dum's rapier wit took its toll . . .
Just guessing . .

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 06, 2019, 06:33:48 PM
You would scream like a stuck pig if someone replaced "Bubba" with "Leroy" in your post. Leftists never met a double standard that they didn't like, and I will pay your way to say that load of crap to Bubba's face, but I won't pay the bills to repair your ugly face after you do so.

Wow !
Who's Leroy ?
What exactly does your dis-jointed post mean ?
Are you angry ?
At me ?
Post often . . .

WOTR

Interesting argument.  But then it would seem that those on the left would be correct to argue that increasing the minimum wage several dollars and hour would benefit the economy and the worker as well.

*I should add that I know what you were trying to say... Just that the words to the argument are probably ill chosen. I dislike our "temporary worker" program that brings down wages and benefits only the companies.  Yet increasing minimum wage was not the answer either... 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 06, 2019, 06:35:44 PM
Well, we can count on you for ironic posts. You should change your user name to "Johnny Half Note" or "Johnny Half Wit" since both would apply.

I could actually see people finding this comment funny...in the 1940s or 50s. You should change your user name to Sominex.  ::)

Dr. MD MD

Doh!

Aw! Someone has hurt feelings.  :D

I also said it was a mistake, just like voting for any Bush, McCain or Romney would’ve been. Don’t make me have to school y’all on this...yet again! The irony is much richer for those who did vote for them and are still cool with that. ::)

Nucky Nolan

Doh!

He's consistent. He's consistently lame.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 06, 2019, 09:01:52 PM
Wow !
Who's Leroy ?
What exactly does your dis-jointed post mean ?
Are you angry ?
At me ?
Post often . . .

It's an American thing. You wouldn't understand.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 06, 2019, 10:07:40 PM
He's consistent. He's consistently lame.

And you’re consistently gay and a whiny little bitch.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 06, 2019, 09:56:53 PM
I could actually see people finding this comment funny...in the 1940s or 50s. You should change your user name to Sominex.  ::)

I'm cool with that. I'll take the Silent Generation over the Stupid Generation.