• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

TigerLily

How are all the people in the shithole Bellgab this evening?  :)

Quote from: albrecht on January 11, 2018, 05:40:22 PM
Ha. NBC Nightly News was outraged that Trump asked a valid question than Americans have been asking for many decades and then made a further comment that makes good sense.

"Mr. Trump asked why he would want “all these people from shithole countries,” adding that the United States should admit more people from places like Norway.

What should be "alarming" is why politicians haven't been asking this basic question over the decades?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/us/politics/trump-shithole-countries.html

One could make the same point while being a bit more tactful.  He shoots himself in the foot with his careless comments.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 10, 2018, 10:17:21 AM

So Trump voters as a rule tend to drive cars into people and kill them? Or carry torches and KKK insignia? And/or post anti Semitic propaganda? I see, well, I didn't imagine you'd vouch for that, but I guess you really do hate America.  ???

This from someone who thinks Islam is just another odd but benign custom some foreigners arrive with.  You realize how tedious you are, right? 

There are more Black Panther and Weather Underground terrorists in the US than Nazis or Klansmen.  Including Obama's best friend Bill Ayres.  If we have a domestic threat, it's Solidarity International  Black Bloc  Occupy Wall St  BLM  Antifa.  Except they're a bunch of cowardly weaklings who would be stomped into the pavement if they ever stood for a street fight.  That they have to change their name every couple of years because they've so sullied the old one ought to tell you something

I can understand some illiterate in another country being misled by the Fake News Media about the status and size of the KKK in the US, but you've been here awhile.  How many Klansmen have you bumped into since you got here?

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 11, 2018, 09:49:44 PM
One could make the same point while being a bit more tactful.  He shoots himself in the foot with his careless comments.
Almost everyone I've mentioned this said your point. But many, including Billary supporters, admitted, somewhat, that the comment in spirit was good but the "way" and "coarse manner" was bad. But I have Norwegian relatives so that was my "trump" point to the initial crude statement. I first said the initial. And then, when complaining, said the latter. I also bring up Minnesota. Would it be better, friendlier with more, as in the past, Norwegian immigrants, or the Somalians ones brought in under Bush and Obama wrecking havoc in some areas? Who would you rather your neighbor? Even a Swede, like Mrs. Olson brewing you coffee, or some Somalia kid with a machete?

Quote from: PaulAtreides on January 09, 2018, 02:16:18 PM
No one is going to do the research for you, but PUD's comment is correct with respect to federal income taxes paid and federal benefits received.  You can Google it.

That's right.  We had a pretty good thing going here until the Libs from the East Coast showed up - fleeing from taxes, bureaucracy, crime, bad schools, intrusive government, corruption, and all the rest - and started right up voting for Democrats.  Who proceeded to reenact what we see in the Liberal Northeast. 

Having ruined California, those same people are now moving out and spreading their poison to the other Western states. 

But it's all ok, right?  We still have what's left of the best farmland in the world - what hasn't been paved over for urban sprawl - we still feed the world.  We still have the entertainment industry, Silicon Valley, financial services, manufacturing tecnology, and so on.   

And the Libs think they built it, because they've managed to seize power?  It's going to take them more than a decade or two to completely ruin the economy, but I'm sure they're up to the task.

Swishypants

Quote from: TigerLily on January 11, 2018, 09:46:03 PM
How are all the people in the shithole Bellgab this evening?  :)

Flapjina!

ItsOver

Ha. NBC Nightly News was outraged that Trump asked a valid question than Americans have been asking for many decades and then made a further comment that makes good sense.

"Mr. Trump asked why he would want “all these people from shithole countries,” adding that the United States should admit more people from places like Norway.

What should be "alarming" is why politicians haven't been asking this basic question over the decades?
Ha!

The Dems know the answer.

I don't think I'm ever going to be completely happy with Trump.  He goes against the grain of how I think a President should act.  I like a positive but strong leader like Reagan plus he had manners.  I guess it is the Southerner in me.  I was taught manners and it was ingrained in me that if you didn't have manners, you were an ass.  I get it that many here support Trump's style of leadership after putting up with years of Democrap bullshit.  I actually sympathize but he grates on me.  I worry that in the long run, he is destroying the conservative movement. Plus, I do think he is a bit of an idiot and full of conceit.  Yeah he is doing a lot of the right things but I can't excuse his behavior.

I'll step off my high horse and place myself in the stocks. Let the tomatoes fly.

Trump is 100% correct on this.  Everyone refers to these shithole countries as ''shithole countries''.  Everyone.  It's why people are fleeing from them and coming here in the first place.

The problem is, immigrants from these places are mostly poor, illiterate, uneducated, don't have job skills, and don't understand our system of personal freedom and personal responsibility.  They cost us more in handouts than they generate in the economy, certainly in taxes.  They are liabliities.

And the Left has managed to poison far too many of them.  The Left encourages them not assimulate.  They encourage them to pretend to be ''offended'', and demand we change for them.  They stir up division whenever they get a chance (their specialty).  They are now doing their level best to convince us all - immigrants included - that there is something wrong with being ''white''. 

Well, if that's the case, why would any ''white'' person want a larger percentage of non-whites than what we now have?  So a larger portion of the country can be anti-white?  Seeing what the Left is up to in stirring up anti-white hatred, why would we support any more third worlders coming here?

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 11, 2018, 10:12:25 PM
I don't think I'm ever going to be completely happy with Trump.  He goes against the grain of how I think a President should act.  I like a positive but strong leader like Reagan plus he had manners.  I guess it is the Southerner in me.  I was taught manners and it was ingrained in me that if you didn't have manners, you were an ass.  I get it that many here support Trump's style of leadership after putting up with years of Democrap bullshit.  I actually sympathize but he grates on me.  I worry that in the long run, he is destroying the conservative movement. Plus, I do think he is a bit of an idiot and full of conceit.  Yeah he is doing a lot of the right things but I can't excuse his behavior.

I'll step off my high horse and place myself in the stocks. Let the tomatoes fly.

Yes, he is an ass.  He should be doing what he's doing with race and manners. 

What good is it going to do the country to have him take us in the right direction for a change, only to end up with a permanent Demcrat majority. 

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 10, 2018, 01:35:16 AM
All three of these were replies to specific questions you were asked, and you dodged them by stating (not your direct words, but definitely the gist, and the way I phrase it here fits what I wrote earlier about the ways you dodge answering questions.):
1.If you're unaware of this, I can't help you.
2.Everybody already knows this, and I don't have to prove it.
3.The claims are 'fake news.'

1.I'm obviously talking about the unnecessary, burdensome laws.  If you're unaware any even exist, I'm not sure it's a good use of my time to run down a list for you.  All those companies that complain about them are probably lying.

Humor me anyway and list 10 of them.

2. Go look at population figures over the past couple of decades, and compare that to the growth in California state expenditures.  All those newer residents either work directly for government, or work in companies that supply them, feed them, report on their doings, etc.

Provide actual evidence for this claim about 'all those newer residents.'  I don't think that actually should be too hard.  However, it wouldn't involve looking over the growth in California state expenditures but in looking up the industries the people in Sacramento work for. If such information isn't available, you actually have zero evidence to back up your claim.  You could look over any city in California that has had population growth over the last couple decades and look at the growth in California expenditures and make a similar claim. As the line goes, correlation is not causation.

3.Because the Fake News Media played up the capping of the deduction of various state taxes, specifically property taxes and state income taxes.

Of course that's what the average person here who actually works and pays taxes is going to focus on - it's the narrative the pretend journalists have put out there.  So, duh, the House Republicans from Cali have to play politics on the issue.  The truth is, it's a good bill for everyone. 

Please show some calculations to back up your claim that the capping of the deductions isn't a real issue.  I think people can figure out for themselves (or with the help of an accountant) how their taxes will change and would be unlikely to fall for inaccurate media reports.  I'm aware that the capping of the deductions will mainly effect those with incomes of $100,000 or higher, however, since you clearly believe that cutting taxes for the wealthiest benefits everyone, please also explain then how the capping of these deductions can be 'good for everyone.'

That brings us down to January 1st.  If you actually answer these, we'll continue. We have another 7 weeks of your posts to go through after this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also wonder about this (not that this is necessarily a contradiction, but I think it's fair to ask you to explain how you can believe both - and post them on the same day.  As per our agreement, you're not obligated to answer this.)

Like I said, you can't quite grasp the idea that our head of government is not a dictator.  Part of the brilliance of separation of powers is it doesn't matter what the president wants, his powers are limited.

but also

The president - any president - is the comander-in-chief, the top legislator (nothing goes into law without his signature), the top diplomat, the head of his party, the head of the government, the chief negotiater of treaties and trade agreements, the top police official, and etc.

Those are limited powers?

No, I haven't forgotten you.

Until MV sorts the posting issue out, it's too aggravating to address long posts that have quite a few questions.  Plus, you're right, I don't like reading long posts.  Give it a day or two

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 11, 2018, 10:22:33 PM
Yes, he is an ass.  He should be doing what he's doing with race and manners. 

What good is it going to do the country to have him take us in the right direction for a change, only to end up with a permanent Demcrat majority.

I know you feel the same as I do and thanks for your words of support. What was that old line of TR's?  "Speak softly but carry a big stick."

Swishypants

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 11, 2018, 10:34:31 PM
I know you feel the same as I do and thanks for your words of support. What was that old line of TR's?  "Speak softly but carry a big stick."

The brainwashed Commie Millennials only fear one thing; actual physical violence. This is not a time for subtly. I saw a vehicle with a "FIGHT RACISM" sticker on it today. I had to resist the urge to walk up to it and knock on the window and say "Ding-Ding Motherfucker!"

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 11, 2018, 10:34:31 PM

Trump likes to speak loudly and keep his hands in his pockets

albrecht

In a diverse, Hollywood, sound-bite, corporate video-driven media "dumbed-down" culture it might take a Trump to put iideas into phrases in "popular vernacular." Though "Enoch was right" if Trump said something like that people would say "huh," "wtf?" Gone are the days in which our Senators reread Gibbon off-session over some cigars or have well-though out logical arguments and rhetorical skill. Or write their own speeches. Instead it is Hollywood and "reality" tv style. Not about Classical allusions, Biblical references, or even historical- since those no longer can hold sway because the Left has taken them out of public schools- or twisted them, perversely, into not meaning what they did. So, though I think Trump is too brash and had frequent suspected bad things especially early on (I thought he was too weak on immigration and had bad 'connections' what with Clintons, NYC, and don't like the strong Executive ideas, etc) I like what he is doing/saying due to the current "culture," or lack of it, and because one has to fight fire with fire, sometimes. Though I don't like some aspects (not reading, tv all the time, social media, etc.)

-Great Quote by Trump but I would like the REAL, full quote not reporting about it. Because that one needs to be saved for posterity. Any audio?

Quote from: Swishypants on January 11, 2018, 10:38:07 PM
The brainwashed Commie Millennials only fear one thing; actual physical violence. This is not a time for subtly. I saw a vehicle with a "FIGHT RACISM" sticker on it today. I had to resist the urge to walk up to it and knock on the window and say "Ding-Ding Motherfucker!"

I know what you mean and I have my moments where I lose it.  One of the reasons why I don't watch the talking heads shows anymore. Then again, I'm not President.  I don't feel the need as much to keep my composure as I think a President should.  I'm worried about the long term effects of Trump's presidency not the short term.  I'm not going to come on here everyday and bash Trump because I agree with the things he has done....at least when he's not losing it on twitter and other places.  We'll see how it all pans out but I'm not optimistic.

Swishypants

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 11, 2018, 10:47:36 PM
I know what you mean and I have my moments where I lose it.  One of the reasons why I don't watch the talking heads shows anymore. Then again, I'm not President.  I don't feel the need as much to keep my composure as I think a President should.  I'm worried about the long term effects of Trump's presidency not the short term.  I'm not going to come on here everyday and bash Trump because I agree with the things he has done....at least when he's not losing it on twitter and other places.  We'll see how it all pans out but I'm not optimistic.

The WWII guys are long gone 21st. The office is a reflection of the public, and we live in the pooflinger era.

Gd5150

What you people never get is no one else could’ve beat Hillary. We had Romney, he lost. At this point in time, with the corrupt media and demokkkrat party willing to say and do anything to acquire and keep power, it’s going to take a war time consigliere. Trump won, and he’s getting shit done. Who cares if the other side is offended, fuck’m. They’ve been shitting on republicans for decades.

Republican’s enemies are terrorism, a slow economy, everyday problems that need handling. Democrat’s enemies are Republicans. They’re not interested in working with republicans. They’re not interested in solving problems unless it empowers them. It’s been that way since JFK.

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun” - Barack Obama about Republicans.

“The election is over, you lost” - Barack Obama to John McCain when Republicans were trying to work with Obama during the health care summit.

“Elections have consequences” - Barack Obama

The more disheartened, depressed, miserable, the left is, the better. Good riddance.

“Why don’t you jump on the team and come in for the big win” - that colonel guy from Full Metal Jacket.

https://youtu.be/4VHKpGJX29s

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 11, 2018, 11:04:30 PM
What you people never get is no one else could’ve beat Hillary. We had Romney, he lost. At this point in time, with the corrupt media and demokkkrat party willing to say and do anything to acquire and keep power, it’s going to take a war time consigliere. Trump won, and he’s getting shit done. Who cares if the other side is offended, fuck’m. They’ve been shitting on republicans for decades.

Republican’s enemies are terrorism, a slow economy, everyday problems that need handling. Democrat’s enemies are Republicans. They’re not interested in working with republicans. They’re not interested in solving problems unless it empowers them. It’s been that way since JFK.

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun” - Barack Obama about Republicans.

“The election is over, you lost” - Barack Obama to John McCain when Republicans were trying to work with Obama during the health care summit.

“Elections have consequences” - Barack Obama

The more disheartened, depressed, miserable, the left is, the better. Good riddance.

“Why don’t you jump on the team and come in for the big win” - that colonel guy from Full Metal Jacket.

https://youtu.be/4VHKpGJX29s

Shit,  I didn't want Romney, McLame or, in retrospect, the Bushes.  All of them are moderates.  I want a conservative who will play hardball but there seems to be very few politicians that fill the bill.  I think Trump is a disaster for the conservative movement.  I hope I'm wrong.

Gd5150

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 11, 2018, 11:15:46 PM
Shit,  I didn't want Romney, McLame or, in retrospect, the Bushes.  All of them are moderates.  I want a conservative who will play hardball but there seems to be very few politicians that fill the bill.  I think Trump is a disaster for the conservative movement.  I hope I'm wrong.

I don’t think more damage could be done to conservatives than what W allowed to happen. Get elected, allow them to label him as a conservative, legislate as a moderate, and then allow democrats to blame himself and conservatives for everything that ever happened without any pushback.

Bush is the reason we had to suffer Obama, Obamacare, Obama’s 8 year recession, 1% growth being the new normal, a new race war. Trump has the left going insane, and that’s a good thing.

Quote from: Swishypants on January 11, 2018, 10:53:06 PM
The WWII guys are long gone 21st. The office is a reflection of the public, and we live in the pooflinger era.

No doubt there.  We are devolving as a culture.

ACE of CLUBS

I don't think I'm ever going to be completely happy with Trump.  He goes against the grain of how I think a President should act. 
I like a positive but strong leader like Reagan plus he had manners.  I guess it is the Southerner in me.  I was taught manners and it was ingrained in me that if you didn't have manners, you were an ass. 
I get it that many here support Trump's style of leadership after putting up with years of Democrap bullshit.  I actually sympathize but he grates on me.  I worry that in the long run, he is destroying the conservative movement. Plus, I do think he is a bit of an idiot and full of conceit.  Yeah he is doing a lot of the right things but I can't excuse his behavior ....

He has a juvenile demeanor and a reactionary attitude, combined with a mental dullness ........
He just isn't smart enough to act in a Presidential manner. If he'd learn how to do this, get off the tweet/twitter, keep his f'n mouth shut about things he has no clue about, he'd be much more palatable as the head of your country.
As it is ..... he's making a laughing stock of many middle of the road American citizens.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 11, 2018, 11:28:01 PM
No doubt there.
Your guy, whole building named after him, used to read Gibbon off-session in reprise. Those times are over. Though it could be a good thing if they did.

albrecht

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 11, 2018, 11:28:52 PM
He has a juvenile demeanor and a reactionary attitude, combined with a mental dullness ........
He just isn't smart enough to act in a Presidential manner. If he'd learn how to do this, get off the tweet/twitter, keep his f'n mouth shut about things he has no clue about, he'd be much more palatable as the head of your country.
As it is ..... he's making a laughing stock of many middle of the road American citizens.
Poll this: for any "middle of the road American citizens." Maybe also in the Upper Midwest area especially:
"Mr. Trump asked why he would want "all these people from shithole countries,” adding that the United States should admit more people from places like Norway."
But anonymously, because Lutheran types are notorious polite in modern incarnation.

Quote from: albrecht on January 11, 2018, 11:33:27 PM
Your guy, whole building named after him, used to read Gibbon off-session in reprise. Those times are over. Though it could be a good thing if they did.

I had an Australian godfather who would recite lengthy poems by Tennyson and Robert Service.  It was a tremendous pleasure hearing him recite them.  Of course he is dead now after living 96 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Schwarz

Sometimes I get sad but at least I have my wife and dog.

Here's an old Firing Line with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUmIJhSw88c

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 11, 2018, 11:42:57 PM
I had an Australian godfather who would recite lengthy poems by Tennyson and Robert Service.  It was a tremendous pleasure hearing him recite them.  Of course he is dead now after living 96 years.

I have your Godfather's book! (You Can Trust The Communists (to be Communists). Along with a good collection of such tomes, tracts, paperbacks, and such! I find a lot of them at estate sales here and, formerly, in used books stores and buy them up. They get rarer and rarer as the old guard and good people pass on. So now, usually, you only find in one deal and not so much at book stores. And the printing quality etc is suspect on some of them now. But awesome. He was a smart guy and "got it!"

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 11, 2018, 11:42:57 PM

Here's an old Firing Line with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUmIJhSw88c

I spent many a night reciting Robert Service verses. All the ones used in the Yukon Jack advertising.

A taste borne of hoary nights, when lonely men struggled to keep their fires lit and cabins warm.

This has nothing to do with Trump or Yukon Jack, but it is pretty cool.
http://www.internal.org/Robert_W_Service/The_Cremation_of_Sam_McGee

albrecht

15:06 and a bit before was good. Both in Buckley commenting on Christianity and Communism (!) -cut to break- but then retort and continuing. Bourgeois to etc. Good stuff.  Why the fuck, to use modern parlance, don't we have shows, people, arguments, like this on tv anymore? Or even on interwebs? Except in archives. It is lame. The "Sunday shows" are lame. As are most all "news" shows now.

art of retreat commentary was very, very good.

What you people never get is no one else could’ve beat Hillary. We had Romney, he lost...

Yes, the same people who said Hilary would beat Trump told us none of the others could win either.  Why do you believe that?

I think what past elections have shown is the so-called ''moderates'', i.e. phony Republicans won't win.  McCain.  Romney.  Dole.  Bush lost the popular vote.  As did Trump, come to think of it.

What hasn't been tried since Reagan is an actual Conservative.

... At this point in time, with the corrupt media and demokkkrat party willing to say and do anything to acquire and keep power, it’s going to take a war time consigliere. Trump won, and he’s getting shit done. Who cares if the other side is offended, fuck’m. They’ve been shitting on republicans for decades.

I don't mind Trump shitting on the media or the Democrats.  Every once in awhile.  I don't think he should be attacking members of his own party whose support and votes he needs.  That's just stupid, sorry. 

I don't really think he should be making comments that turn off moderates and independent voters.  They are the people that swing elections.  Again, it's just plain stupid.  It's about the swing vote, not playing to his ego, not playing to his supporters.  Have any of his tweets gained him even one voter?  That's the test.

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 11, 2018, 11:21:48 PM
I don’t think more damage could be done to conservatives than what W allowed to happen. Get elected, allow them to label him as a conservative, legislate as a moderate, and then allow democrats to blame himself and conservatives for everything that ever happened without any pushback...

No one is advocating that either