A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

coastfan

I am listening now towards the end of the first hour, and the scenario Rev. Williams is describing is scaring the living daylights out of me.

Wow. Enough with the DVD pitches already

saab93driver

Wells is good but the guest is a total shill or too ignorant to speak on the topic.  Kissinger as Carter's Sec. of State...don't think so.  Chinese currency the Yen, nope....  Interesting End of World Scenario but guest has little to no credibility to me....And I wanted to like the program...

Quote from: saab93driver on February 26, 2011, 02:24:16 AM
Kissinger as Carter's Sec. of State...don't think so.  Chinese currency the Yen, nope....
The Kissinger thing was a total fail. He was gracious about being corrected but his timeline remained unaltered because "Well, I was only off by three years".
Though I've got to admit I missed the Yen mistake altogether... /shame

I love the arguments from authority too. How often did the guy refer to himself as "Chaplain"? Reminded me of "The Maestro" episode of Seinfeld :D

I agree that this show is the pits.  This guy is pushing the same end-of-the-world stuff that we get from regular Nooryites like Alex Jones, Steve Quayle, and Jerome Corsi.  I like Wells as a host but even when Noory is gone we are still stuck with the lame guests his putrid staff digs up.  I clicked over to the Art Bell 24-7 link and heard Art's classic show down with the Amazing Kreskin.  Before that there was a great interview with David Sereda.  Listening to those old Art Bell shows is like hearing a magnificent symphony.  Tuning in to the live shows at present is like hearing a two year old clanking on a piano.  Thank you Michael V for making the Art Bell 24-7 possible.

anagrammy

Some Velvet Morning when I'm straight.... I am humming this to clean out my ears from the ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE bumper music that accompanied the John Wells disappointment End of Days show.  I won't get into the mutual stroking that went on, but can someone tell me WTF?  Swear to god I sat bolt upright in bed when I heard this ditty:

I'm a Neanderthal man
You're a Neanderthal girl
Let's make Neanderthal love
in our Neanderthal world.

(repeat)

Please--not the bumper music too!  Isn't enough you F**KED up the interviewing--Is there nothing sacred at Premier?  Art used to have the bumper music actually relate to the topic being discussed and this piece of preschool crap has absolutely nothing to do with End Of Days, Bilderberg, Skull and Bones, et al!  Do they not know that there is a common thread of surreal chic in the bumper music, that the songs are iconic?

And even if it were a show on anthropology and Bigfoot, the bumper music is supposed to add an aura of mystery.  (I know, George thinks that's his job, but he's clueless).

Wells was not at his best, in my opinion, offering frivolous comments and yes-manning the quasi-Chaplain on virtually everything.  In fact, it got me thinking how would Art handle a guest like this?

Anagrammy

3:30 am - Wells - "Some people out there are tired. And some people are high. And they're welcome to call." *awkward silence*
*bumper music begins*

wtf

srnightowl

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 26, 2011, 03:30:43 AM
3:30 am - Wells - "Some people out there are tired. And some people are high. And they're welcome to call." *awkward silence*
*bumper music begins*

wtf

that was an odd comment...caused me to wonder too...is it the host that's tired or_____...or did he get a late call today to fill in...

A few other head scratchers - After the "high" comment he came back from the break and said something about slurring his words. O rly?

Then later, paraphrasing, "For those people who aren't sure they see intelligent design in the world I have nothing to say to you".

Well then bye, I guess. I was willing to give Wells a chance, but after this I'm not at all impressed.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 26, 2011, 03:30:43 AM
3:30 am - Wells - "Some people out there are tired. And some people are high. And they're welcome to call."

Sorry guys, that was me.  I'll try to keep it under the radar next time.

Comes off as a cool voice with a few quirks, but otherwise he's got nothing for me.......

coastfan

I think he left the pause in deliberately so that all the high people out there could listen to the spaced-out echoey bumper music and go, "Whoa, did he just say that on the air, man...?"

tmock00

Quote from: anagrammy on February 26, 2011, 03:12:26 AM
Some Velvet Morning when I'm straight.... I am humming this to clean out my ears from the ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE bumper music that accompanied the John Wells disappointment End of Days show.  I won't get into the mutual stroking that went on, but can someone tell me WTF?  Swear to god I sat bolt upright in bed when I heard this ditty:

I'm a Neanderthal man
You're a Neanderthal girl
Let's make Neanderthal love
in our Neanderthal world.

(repeat)

Please--not the bumper music too!  Isn't enough you F**KED up the interviewing--Is there nothing sacred at Premier?  Art used to have the bumper music actually relate to the topic being discussed and this piece of preschool crap has absolutely nothing to do with End Of Days, Bilderberg, Skull and Bones, et al!  Do they not know that there is a common thread of surreal chic in the bumper music, that the songs are iconic?

And even if it were a show on anthropology and Bigfoot, the bumper music is supposed to add an aura of mystery.  (I know, George thinks that's his job, but he's clueless).

Wells was not at his best, in my opinion, offering frivolous comments and yes-manning the quasi-Chaplain on virtually everything.  In fact, it got me thinking how would Art handle a guest like this?

Anagrammy

Came here to say this. Anagrammy beat me to it!  ;D

anagrammy

OK, after this show I withdraw my tentative OK for the Wellster.  He totally phoned it in.

You know how it is when the band is trying to figure out what key works for the song AND the singer?  And their plucking this string and that, it seemed to me that Wells was doing that with his voice.  He was playing with it and listing things in a deeper and deeper tone, like "...people in the mall, people on the street, it's happening, it's happening here, get ready, you're in the right place." 

As if amazing vocal tones could compensate for lack of substance and certainty, the hallmark of ignorance.  The only thing I'm certain of is that John Wells was right when he said he had nothing to say to me. 

And he proved it with this show.

Anagrammy

Quote from: anagrammy on February 27, 2011, 12:13:28 AM
The only thing I'm certain of is that John Wells was right when he said he had nothing to say to me. 

And he proved it with this show.
I'm right there with you on this. Art and Ian try to have a dialogue. Wells just isn't interested and he said as much.

saab93driver

I liked the other shows Wells has done, maybe an off night for him combined with questionable guest. He's not and won't be an Art Bell in his prime but I think I can give him one free pass and see what the next show brings.     

Ruteger

I told you! I was right. The first time I listened to this schmuck I knew he was awful. Boring, disinterested, couldn't-care-less Host.

anagrammy

Quote from: Ruteger on February 27, 2011, 10:55:33 AM
I told you! I was right. The first time I listened to this schmuck I knew he was awful. Boring, disinterested, couldn't-care-less Host.

You called it bro.

Anagrammy

PS - Avatar please, give that poor red-shirted bloke a rest.

morphiaflow

As I just posted in another thread....

I heard part of the Wells show the other night and at first I thought "awesome, an antidote to Noory!" but then I heard the guest and it was the same old Revelations-End Times-Antichrist-666 Chip type script Noory loves, and I had to lower my head in disappointment. Only difference is someone with a greater intellect and a better voice and command of the language was hosting. The agenda was the same as it ever was.

All I could think of when I hear him is......."To the world, Dr. David Banner is dead, and he must let the world think he is dead......"

Scully

Did you folks not think it was more than strange that Wells kept this guy on for an extra hour?  That was the kicker for me.

I sent Wells a Fast Blast during the second hour to ask him to get rid of this guest as quickly as possible.  He was supposed to have open lines for the last 2 hours, and I thought that could only be better.  At the end of that hour, Wells belligerently said he likes to go against authority and that even though the guest was supposed to be there for only 2 hrs, he was asking him to stay.  Even the doofus guest sounded surprised, and then agreed.  I'll bet that's the first time he's EVER been asked to talk longer! 

What is this with Wells?  I had hoped he would be a good guy.

anagrammy

Quote from: Scully on March 03, 2011, 10:17:18 PM
Did you folks not think it was more than strange that Wells kept this guy on for an extra hour?  That was the kicker for me.

I sent Wells a Fast Blast during the second hour to ask him to get rid of this guest as quickly as possible.  He was supposed to have open lines for the last 2 hours, and I thought that could only be better.  At the end of that hour, Wells belligerently said he likes to go against authority and that even though the guest was supposed to be there for only 2 hrs, he was asking him to stay.  Even the doofus guest sounded surprised, and then agreed.  I'll bet that's the first time he's EVER been asked to talk longer! 

What is this with Wells?  I had hoped he would be a good guy.

Scully, sister woo-woo, I suspect he made a business decision. 

Imagine you're the host and your sitting there with one line hot and no other callers.  You can't possibly have two hours of open lines.  I have my magnifying glass out and I see this as yet another clue that the audience interest and participation is lagging miserably.  A host who had all lines hot and people queued up the ying-yang would NEVER say to the guest, "How 'bout you just keep talking for another hour?" 

I bet he did the only thing he could--and of course he could never say, "Well, since we have no callers, why don't you just go on and see if you can generate some more interest."

Anagrammy

Quote from: anagrammy on March 03, 2011, 11:38:41 PM

Imagine you're the host and your sitting there with one line hot and no other callers.  You can't possibly have two hours of open lines.  I have my magnifying glass out and I see this as yet another clue that the audience interest and participation is lagging miserably.  A host who had all lines hot and people queued up the ying-yang would NEVER say to the guest, "How 'bout you just keep talking for another hour?" 

I bet he did the only thing he could--and of course he could never say, "Well, since we have no callers, why don't you just go on and see if you can generate some more interest."

Anagrammy

The thing is, Art could fill the lines just by announcing they're open and then telling a story about his cat or making some kind of statement about recent headlines. I don't suspect it would take too much to get your audience interesting. Plus the guest was a boring dud, that might have something to do with it.

Scully

Quote from: anagrammy on March 03, 2011, 11:38:41 PM

Anagrammy

Point taken, Anagrammy.  I would make a poor business exec.  I tend to tell the truth.  :P

anagrammy

Quote from: Scully on March 04, 2011, 11:53:54 PM
Point taken, Anagrammy.  I would make a poor business exec.  I tend to tell the truth.  :P

Just go to law school.  That will cure you :)

Anagrammy

Scully

Quote from: anagrammy on March 05, 2011, 01:27:47 AM
Just go to law school.  That will cure you :)

I feel like I already did.  I put my husband through it.  :-\

g1rock

I thought Well's did a good job........I heard Williams predict things on the Jeff Rense show and he was right on the money with the price of oil, and in December 2010 he said there would be a crisis in the middle east in 4-6 months, and oil would go to $5.00-$6.00 a gallon at the pumps by the end of 2011. So far he has been right on..................I miss Art Bell!.....Just saying. :)

Bounder

Wells -- when has he guest hosted, before?  Was it years ago?  The thing I liked: his voice.  A mellifluous baritone, evocative of none other than The Founder.  Content, though -- just like everybody's sayin' -- highly "New Age crystal therapy."  Much to our dismay. 

Thank Ptah for George Knapp.