• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Anomalies Audio Archive?

Started by coastfan, December 03, 2010, 06:31:08 PM

awguy

I think the decision to take down the newer shows was to avoid competing with streamlink. The site was getting known as a place to download all the new shows for free and avoid paying for the official service. Premiere did know about the site and they visited every now and again but for some reason, they left him alone.

Also, I think the new shows were pulled down because a select few people were too demanding. They wanted the new shows to be posted ASAP. Forgetting the fact that the guy running the site was doing this on his own time. Didn't want to put up with the BS anymore... and I don't blame him.

ArtBellFan

I sent an email to the owner of the site and haven't heard back from him yet, hope he is alright, when I hear from him will let you all know.  He usually answers me so just have to hang in.

Silent

I hope this site comes back up.  I barely scratched the surface of what I wanted from there.

coastfan

Don still maintains his forum, and one could get the sense from reading it that he does intend to bring the site back up, eventually.

archive.gmms.ca

MV/Liberace!

i have been told that the guy who ran the archive is facing some rather significant personal challenges at the moment, and that's why the site was shut down.

don't expect it to return.

Silent

Quote from: Michael V. on January 05, 2011, 03:12:59 PM
i have been told that the guy who ran the archive is facing some rather significant personal challenges at the moment, and that's why the site was shut down.

don't expect it to return.

You may be right but the forum he has up shows otherwise.  From reading there it's pretty apparent he's working on things.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Silent on January 13, 2011, 07:53:56 PM
You may be right but the forum he has up shows otherwise.  From reading there it's pretty apparent he's working on things.
oh yeah?

Silent

Well he makes comments about his progress in rebuilding the site at least.  Maybe he doesn't intend to put the CTC shows back up but some of the other things he had available.  I'll admit I've never seen anything that specificly states 'yes i'm going to bring the site back up with all the old CTC shows'.  Wishful thinking on my part possibly.

coastfan

He has the menus up for all the old Coast shows, just no links yet. Go to the site and point to the Archives box.

KMKMKM

wow, new menus look awesome.  Can't wait for the links to be put back up also.

anagrammy

Quote from: Michael V. on December 05, 2010, 02:21:03 AM
i just sent out an email to 745 people letting them know about it.  we shall see how this works out.

I take it this didn't work out?  Is there some way I can connect via mac or should I dust off my old PC laptop to keep the AB addiction fed?

Anagrammy

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: anagrammy on January 17, 2011, 11:55:39 PM
I take it this didn't work out?  Is there some way I can connect via mac or should I dust off my old PC laptop to keep the AB addiction fed?

Anagrammy

Don't think so, it's an extension of the old newgroups; try clicking here:
<a href="http://groups.google.com/group/artaudio"></a>

Silent

Well the Anomalies site is gone.  Again.  What a drama queen that guy is.  I'm looking forward to your torrent MV since you said you had everything off that site.

anagrammy

Hi Mike,  please send me an invitation/instructions.

Tks

Anagrammy

Mike: If possible, I'd like an invitation as well. Thanks!

ArtBellFan

Anomalies Archive is closed to Coast to Coast
Collecting and archiving is a task which needs to be done by someone
who is a fan of the show, which I never have been. Thanks to everyone
who has contributed the past five years.
Anomalies Archive is still alive, you're just looking for the wrong thing. 
This what you get when clicking on the link.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: anagrammy on January 30, 2011, 02:30:48 PM
Hi Mike,  please send me an invitation/instructions.

Tks

Anagrammy

Quote from: Agent : Orange on January 30, 2011, 02:33:24 PM
Mike: If possible, I'd like an invitation as well. Thanks!

an invitation to demonoid?

coastfan

Did anybody download any of the Coast to Coast Live with Ian Punnett shows from Anomalies while they were available? I got a few but Don pulled the site down before I could get my fill.

Hey Mike, love the Phil Spector avatar!  You should change your sig or avatar quote to:

"I'm dealing in rock'n'roll. I'm, like, I'm not a bona fide human being."

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: coastfan on January 31, 2011, 08:53:54 PM
Did anybody download any of the Coast to Coast Live with Ian Punnett shows from Anomalies while they were available? I got a few but Don pulled the site down before I could get my fill.

Yeah I actually have many of them, from 2006 and 2007 send me a pm

MV/Liberace!

fyi, everyone, i have run out of demonoid invitation codes.  if you would like one, please ask publicly on the forums for someone (other than me) to send you one to your PM inbox.

coastfan

Steve: Good to know.

(I downloaded the Phil Spector show, by the way.)

coastfan

Coast to Coast Live with Ian Punnet 2007-05-05. Topic, Phil Spector. Guest, Mark Ribowsky.

I haven't listened to it yet.

asmi252510

i miss the archive i wish it was still around i got loads of old shows from it.

Quote from: asmi252510 on April 02, 2011, 08:13:06 PM
i miss the archive i wish it was still around i got loads of old shows from it.

I miss it too, it had such a nice nostalgic feeling interface...

I have created a thread that contains links to torrent files that have most of the anomalies shows that were hosted by art.

It's called "anomalies archive torrent" or something close.

Gotta run, working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk