• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Marc.Knight

Quote from: b_dubb on March 07, 2011, 06:12:12 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/07/business/media/07carr.html?_r=1&hp

progress

Besides the drooling, wide-eyed monologues, if you've seen one show, you've seen them all.  His lack of formal education does not permit much of a depth or breadth of discussion.  People got bored, and he detracted many more from deeper truths.

b_dubb

it's sad that anyone gives a shit about Charlie Sheen while people in the Middle East / North Africa regions fight and die for basic human rights and freedoms

valdez

I hate "attachments" but I can't seem to upload it any other way.  That white line drives me nuts.  Anyway, it's Charlie's world, I'm just a monkey on a stick.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: valdez on March 08, 2011, 04:16:36 PM
     I hate "attachments" but I can't seem to upload it any other way.  That white line drives me nuts.  Anyway, it's Charlie's world, I'm just a monkey on a stick.

He is just another prime example of drug-induced mental illness. 

Amazing how the media is quiet on the subject.  It is reported as a "mysterious personality change" or "unexplained mood swings", or my favorite, depression. 

Heaven forbid a learned person rises up from the human dregs and actually suggests that pot and other illegal drugs contribute to severe psychosis in some people.  That person would immediately be transported to the "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" movie set until they were caught and absorbed.

haloedorchid

The media just loves to capitalize on celebrity's downfalls and mental illnesses. They did it when Mel Gibson was verbally (and apparently physically) abusive towards his girlfriend, Britney Spears and the head-shaving and baby in lap while driving incidents, and Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch, calling Matt Lauer glib, and berating Brooke Shields' book about managing post-partum depression through medication. And there are many more examples I'm forgetting.

The media loves Hollywood scandals, and it's been a long time since Hollywood studios/managers/agents/publicists did everything they could to keep stars' horrible antics out of the press. It's just the time we are living in. And it is unfortunate that we only see the freakshow side. Once they get better handlers, or are in treatment, no one cares about how they manage their addiction/mental illness. They've moved onto the next celebrity who they can mock for a few weeks.

This Charlie Sheen thing has gotten way out of hand -- thanks in large part to his own contribution. The initial Alex Jones interview was enough. I'm tired of every news show or morning radio show devoting entire segments to his meltdown. Not to mention the internet memes. It got old really fast.

b_dubb

i think Charlie is just drinking himself stupid.  he passes his drug tests.  the only other drug that doesn't show up in a piss test is LSD.  i don't know.  don't really care.  i feel bad for Martin Sheen and Emilios Estevez.  it has to be painful to watch a family member dissolve into madness in the mass media

onan

Well this is interesting, I wrote a rather terse post about the tapeworms that exist only to suckle on the sheen anus but while spell checking the post it dissappeared...

bleh too lazy to rewrite it.

slipstream

A lot of good music never gets played on the radio.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: slipstream on March 08, 2011, 08:59:12 PM
A lot of good music never gets played on the radio.
very true. 

i hate terrestrial music radio.  when i hear it today, it sounds so quaint and silly to me; cookie cutter songs playing with liners in between and some tightly restrained jock sandwiched between all of THAT shit.  with all of the content options available to consumers today, particularly musical content, i don't know why terrestrial music radio continues to exist.  surely their advertising sales people must be doing a GREAT job of convincing advertisers that their medium is still relevant as an advertising vehicle... because reality does not match their sales pitch.

b_dubb

i only listen to some of the local college radio stations and a classical music station while driving.  i'll sometimes hook up my iPhone to the stereo if i'm feeling motivated.  never ever listen to commerical radio.  sick of hearing the same songs sandwhiched between annoying commercials for crap i don't want or need.  car dealerships must be the only advertiser that keeps radio of that sort going

On a six hour car trip I kid you not I heard Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin over 30 times a piece. Terrestrial radio is dead as dead and can blow me.

onan

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on March 09, 2011, 05:55:33 PM
On a six hour car trip I kid you not I heard Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin over 30 times a piece. Terrestrial radio is dead as dead and can blow me.

One has to wonder how something dead can blow anything. Perhaps a new paranormal venue? LMH and Strieber... being intellectually guided by the noor himself... its gonna be big.

aldousburbank

Disclaimer:  This posting is not intended to make light of the Japanese ClusterF disaster. (Stick with me here.  Contrary to rumor, I am not that big of an ass.)  However, I have a few observations of some relevance to this forum-

Why did Ed Dames not see this coming?  I recall he was looking for an obfuscated nuke detonation in some Slavic country or something at one point.

Does Noory not have some friends he could call who have a direct line to space brothers, Maitreya, or angels or something?  Maybe he could get on the horn and put some of these lazy demigods to work for once.  Grab a freekin' shovel is what I'm talking about.

Has anybody else noticed the conspicuous absence of the usual suspects, Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, and George HW Bush?  Does anybody else think this is suspicious?

What does Richard C. have to say, or has he been on the show already?  Yeah, scratch that- who gives a crap?

Wouldn't it be interesting to hear Art's comments right about now?

Lastly, doesn't this all, unfortunately, seem like a metaphor for C2C (sorry this is the way my brain works)  First, the quake= Art retires.  Second, the tsunami= George swoops in.  Third, the meltdown= The slow, inevitable, destruction of the enterprise as Noortron spews his toxic spooge into the atmosphere.

b_dubb

C2C isn't that important.  i would no sooner expect the C2C circus to contribute something relevant to the catastrophe in Japan than i would expect PT Barnum to have come up with a cure for the common cold.  Japan needs real heroes right now.  not nitwits with a crap book to sell

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 15, 2011, 10:55:39 AM
What does Richard C. have to say, or has he been on the show already?  Yeah, scratch that- who gives a crap?

Hoagland was on, calling in from a cruise ship, when the quake and tsunami occurred and Noori made a crass joke of some kind IIRC.

MV/Liberace!

I noticed someone at GLP tried creating the "new new official george noory sucks thread" and the mods have already deleted it. Google shows it as having been indexed as recently as March 12th. I wonder why the sudden "about face" from the GLP admins on the subject of Noory's suckage.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael V. on March 16, 2011, 10:03:51 PM
I noticed someone at GLP tried creating the "new new official george noory sucks thread" and the mods have already deleted it. Google shows it as having been indexed as recently as March 12th. I wonder why the sudden "about face" from the GLP admins on the subject of Noory's suckage.

Maybe legal lines were crossed and they got warned about it.  Just guessing.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Marc Knight on March 16, 2011, 10:09:20 PM

Either way, I'm glad I had the thread deleted. Again.

aldousburbank

Hey, whatever happened to GaborSweden?  That cat's poetry was winning!  And what about that band that he/she was going to be Jim Morrison for?  Did we ever come up with a sitar and tabla player for that?

anagrammy

Quote from: Marc Knight on March 16, 2011, 10:09:20 PM

No doubt a copyright infringement since George Noory's personality AND appearance are a creative fabrication and Premier Radio owns the rights to his scripts.  We wouldn't want the creative arts to suffer--have to protect gems like, "So...get ready for this."

Anagrammy

b_dubb

aldousburbank

I heard somewhere about how since the spread of the cellphone, when you call someone, you now no longer know their location until they tell you.  I thought that was interesting.

In a similar vein I was thinking about because of the omnipresence of internet access, one can no longer claim ignorance of almost any subject due to lack of access to information, but only for lack of interest.

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 18, 2011, 09:45:47 AM
In a similar vein I was thinking about because of the omnipresence of internet access, one can no longer claim ignorance of almost any subject due to lack of access to information, but only for lack of interest.

Considering that only about 20% of the people in the world have ever seen a computer I would disagree.

http://www.miniature-earth.com/

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on March 18, 2011, 10:06:04 AM

Considering that only about 20% of the people in the world have ever seen a computer I would disagree.

http://www.miniature-earth.com/

Great point!  I guess I was referring to hacks like me, with access and 2 free hrs. a day to research any dang thing I'm in the mood for.  That, or catch some Gumby episodes online.