• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael V. on January 29, 2011, 02:10:57 PM
that blue ice looks pretty sweet.

The lake is about a mile deep.  Check in to the Sun Hotel in Irkutsk if you ever want to visit the area.  It is a great adventure.

b_dubb

Quote from: b_dubb on January 11, 2011, 10:40:39 AM

i wonder if Anne Strieber and Starfire were playing BattleShits and the reason they're so concerned about this mystery woman is because ... well ... they were playing BattleShits

Battleshits - Harold and Kumar

anagrammy

Quote from: Michael V. on September 21, 2010, 07:20:28 PM
and i really need to stop biting my nails.  i've done it my whole life.  just can't stop.

I had a cuticle chewing habit that I couldn't break. I was afraid I'd end up with Swan fingers.  One day a light  bulb came on over my head and i dipped my (non injured) fingertips in plastic model glue.  It disappears and you peel it off.  It took the full force of my finger nibbling habit to bite off satisfying strips of glue instead of my cuticle.  There's something about roughness or a callous that gets the urge going, so I bought a square block of emery board in a beauty supply store.  When you are on the computer peering at something, you can be rubbing your cutlcles and nails smooth with one of the four different surfaces.  Strangely, Mike, there is no urge to bite a completely smooth nail or cuticle.

Best,
Anagrammy

anagrammy

Notice most of the people in the Chamber of Commerce shot are men.  Women already figgered out it was a waste of time.

Anagrammy

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: anagrammy on January 30, 2011, 02:51:20 PM
Notice most of the people in the Chamber of Commerce shot are men.  Women already figgered out it was a waste of time.

Anagrammy
strangely enough, most of the people who work at our chamber of commerce ARE women.

MV/Liberace!

hey, all.

i just threw my hands up in the air.  this forum has grown so rapidly that, for the first time, it's moved beyond my ability to read every post.  i just can't keep up, and i refuse to make anyone a moderator.  it has never worked out well.

soo... i have to ask all of you to keep an eye out for anything that shouldn't be posted, and to click the "report post" link if something isn't right.  otherwise, a rogue post (spam, etc.) could stay up for a week or more until i find it... IF i find it. 

i get immediate email notifications when someone reports a post, so i think it's best if we "self police" rather than bring in some moderator who might or might not act appropriately.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael V. on January 30, 2011, 04:33:53 PM
hey, all.

i just threw my hands up in the air.  this forum has grown so rapidly that, for the first time, it's moved beyond my ability to read every post.  i just can't keep up, and i refuse to make anyone a moderator.  it has never worked out well.

soo... i have to ask all of you to keep an eye out for anything that shouldn't be posted, and to click the "report post" link if something isn't right.  otherwise, a rogue post (spam, etc.) could stay up for a week or more until i find it... IF i find it. 

i get immediate email notifications when someone reports a post, so i think it's best if we "self police" rather than bring in some moderator who might or might not act appropriately.

I wonder what you are referring to.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Marc Knight on January 30, 2011, 05:31:24 PM

I wonder what you are referring to.

OMG... I almost soiled myself when I saw your reply.

MV/Liberace!

the "social network" generation (mine) REALLY blows.   ron bennington knows how to articulate why.

Ron and Fez - Social Network Generation Rant

b_dubb

Quote from: Michael V. on February 01, 2011, 01:51:52 PM
the "social network" generation (mine) REALLY blows.   ron bennington knows how to articulate why.

nicefuoookkin clip dahr

uoooooooohhhhhh

i think a lot of generations that came after X are basically narcissistic sociopaths who (generally) don't give a shit about anything but themselves and how not to ... like ... be affected by shit and just .... like ... be fashionable and cool and listen to all the right bands and charge $40 coffee drinks to their parents' VISA cards

generally speaking

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on February 01, 2011, 04:52:00 PM
nicefuoookkin clip dahr

uoooooooohhhhhh

i think a lot of generations that came after X are basically narcissistic sociopaths who (generally) don't give a shit about anything but themselves and how not to ... like ... be affected by shit and just .... like ... be fashionable and cool and listen to all the right bands and charge $40 coffee drinks to their parents' VISA cards

generally speaking
actually, now that you mention it, perhaps they aren't of "my" generation, having been born in 1979.  at least, i hope not.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: Michael V. on February 01, 2011, 08:41:19 PM
actually, now that you mention it, perhaps they aren't of "my" generation, having been born in 1979.  at least, i hope not.

To some degree us late 70's / early 80's babies were exempt from the instant gratification a lot of the younger generation got the moment they were old enough to remember things.

Marc.Knight

I stayed a week at this hotel several months ago.  I highly recommend it.  (in case anyone is thinking about a warm vacation)  I don't need one because I am already here. :)

http://www.keylargoresort.com/

b_dubb

John Prine Paradise

one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite songwriters

b_dubb

saturday 2/5 - 2/6 show about excorcisms

according to guest ... if you're an aetheist, you're selfish and self centered.  stereotyping really is a time saver isn't it?

MV/Liberace!

i'm a big fan of beavis and butthead.  the series ran when i was 13-17 years old, so i guess i was their intended demographic.  anyway, you can imagine my pleasure at reading this on wikipedia's beavis and butthead page:

On July 14, 2010, it was announced that the series would be revived and begin airing on MTV with new episodes to begin airing sometime during summer 2011. The series is expected to keep its animation style, and to keep Beavis and Butt-Head the same age as they were during the show's original run.[7]

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael V. on February 07, 2011, 04:37:08 PM
i'm a big fan of beavis and butthead.  the series ran when i was 13-17 years old, so i guess i was their intended demographic.  anyway, you can imagine my pleasure at reading this on wikipedia's beavis and butthead page:

On July 14, 2010, it was announced that the series would be revived and begin airing on MTV with new episodes to begin airing sometime during summer 2011. The series is expected to keep its animation style, and to keep Beavis and Butt-Head the same age as they were during the show's original run.[7]

cool.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: Michael V. on February 07, 2011, 04:37:08 PM

Ditto although when I ordered the DVD set iwas so disappointed - my favorite part of the show was when they would comment on the music videos - those were missing from the DVD set - I hoPe they atleast bring those back

b_dubb

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on February 08, 2011, 02:01:45 AM
Ditto although when I ordered the DVD set iwas so disappointed - my favorite part of the show was when they would comment on the music videos - those were missing from the DVD set - I hoPe they atleast bring those back
i remember now.  they used to actually have music on Mtv.  but that was .... 30 years ago

Marc.Knight

I had the weirdest dream last night.  "Stevenqbosell" was written on signs, buildings, people's t-shirts... I couldn't get away from it.

MV/Liberace!

yup, you're totally right about that.  tons of people were disappointed by that omission.

did u know the commentary during videos was totally improvised by mike judge?

MV/Liberace!

The House just voted to block the extension of the USA PATRIOT Act. Nobody thought this was possible, but you and more than 55,000 other Demand Progress members have signed our petition urging members of Congress to vote against the extension.
Now, more than ever, we need people to keep the pressure on -- will you click here to ask your friends to sign on too?
The momentum is on our side, but the fight isn't over yet:  The House leadership is almost certain to try again to pass the extension, and the Senate is likely to take the bill up next week.
We need to urge others to get involved right away.  Will you click here to forward the petition to your friends?
Let's press forward and win this fight!
-- Aaron Swartz, David Segal, David Moon, and the Demand Progress team

Beavis and Butt-Head was the greatest show ever when I was kid. However, I can't possibly imagine it working in 2011 since times and society is so different now. Imagine Beavis and Butt-Head with the internet... just that premise alone is mind-blowing.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on February 08, 2011, 09:15:10 PM
However, I can't possibly imagine it working in 2011 since times and society is so different now. Imagine Beavis and Butt-Head with the internet... just that premise alone is mind-blowing.
hmm... i don't know.  i think it could go either way.  for instance, imagining them using the internet brings about some really hilarious possibilities.