• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 06, 2019, 11:13:20 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=josXy65dQI8&t=307s

A legendary asshole, apparently, documented here. 'Bonham had technique but he couldn't swing a sack of shit.'

I can remember in the last 60s/early 70s when the question was who was worst drummer in rock music....Ginger Baker, Micky Dolenz, or Ringo Starr? 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 06, 2019, 01:02:55 PM
I can remember in the last 60s/early 70s when the question was who was worst drummer in rock music....Ginger Baker, Micky Dolenz, or Ringo Starr?

What?! Where you on drugs? Ringo was a great drummer.

PChirp

They're dropping like flies, Lee:

Your buddy, Rip, dead at 84.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PChirp on October 06, 2019, 06:02:24 PM

No! :'(

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 06, 2019, 01:02:55 PM

Really? Who in the hell was including Dolenz with those two? Christ Almighty.

Roswells, Art

Is Ringo Starr really a bad drummer? I've heard that a lot but I don't see (hear) it.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Liberace! on October 08, 2019, 01:08:56 PM
Really? Who in the hell was including Dolenz with those two? Christ Almighty.

It was an article in one of the rock music magazines of the day.....Creem, Circus, NME, Crawdaddy, etc.  I distinctly remember Baker being accused of taping sticks to his hands.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 08, 2019, 02:55:46 PM
It was an article in one of the rock music magazines of the day.....Creem, Circus, NME, Crawdaddy, etc.  I distinctly remember Baker being accused of taping sticks to his hands.

Sounds like something that would have been in Creem in the mid to late seventies.  A troll intended to trigger angry letters that they would publish and mock.

The author of that passage is probably dead by now.  Forty years on, he reaches out from the grave to snag another victim: Liberace.  #talent

DanTSX

Quote from: PChirp on October 06, 2019, 06:02:24 PM

Good

That drunken asshole drove like a maniac all over lakeville

chefist

Quote from: Liberace! on October 08, 2019, 01:06:33 PM
Damn.

I thought you hated "Cream"? Though I'm sure you loved each member...know what I mean?

albrecht

Quote from: DanTSX on October 08, 2019, 08:33:16 PM

Good

That drunken asshole drove like a maniac all over lakeville
Come on. What kind of society are we making when old drunks can't just be accepted? They are the MOST prosecuted and harassed now. I want a "hands up, don't shoot" movement, maybe Joe Bob Briggs could found?  Why not "fake it, til you make it" like the prior ones.

https://gawker.com/5460514/rip-torns-bank-robbery-arrest-seals-his-reputation-for-most-drunk-prolific-old-actor

And his daddy was a good guy 

http://www.texasescapes.com/CFEckhardt/The-Great-Blackeyed-Pea-Hoax.htm

Lunger

Quote from: Roswells, Art on October 08, 2019, 01:19:30 PM
Is Ringo Starr really a bad drummer? I've heard that a lot but I don't see (hear) it.

An interviewer asked john once if Ringo was the best drummer in the world.  John replied "Ringo's not even the best drummer in The Beatles"

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Lunger on October 08, 2019, 10:03:07 PM
An interviewer asked john once if Ringo was the best drummer in the world.  John replied "Ringo's not even the best drummer in The Beatles"

I've heard that. It's funny but I don't think that actually happened.

I realize he's not the most creative drummer in the world.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on October 08, 2019, 11:05:05 PM

He's left-handed and playing with a right-handed kit, so he can't do things like rolls.

He has been consistently praised by his peers as one of the greatest drummers of all time.  He reshaped the role of the drummer in early rock music.  Paul McCartney has spoken highly of his skills, as did George Martin.  The snarky comment attributed to John Lennon is an urban myth and has never been shown otherwise. 

Also, he's not a peckerhead like Ginger Baker was.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: chefist on October 08, 2019, 09:09:25 PM
I thought you hated "Cream"? Though I'm sure you loved each member...know what I mean?

I do. ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lunger on October 08, 2019, 10:03:07 PM

Apocryphal. This whole legeng stems from Bernard Purdie (great drummer and originator of the Purdie shuffle) bragging about filling in for Ringo on sessions. He was, in fact, paid to sweeten some of the drum tracks that Pete Best laid down with them in Hamburg when they were recording with Tony Sheridan. So, he was right about filling in for the Beatles drummer but it was Pete Best he was talking about. Confirmation about why they fired Best and hired Ringo if anything.

Lunger

Quote from: Roswells, Art on October 08, 2019, 11:05:05 PM

I've seen the clip.  I think it was when they first came to New York.

Hog

The first human to "walk in space"  Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov dies.

And his space walk.

And here he is in a modern Sokol space suit.  He's about to ride a Soyuz.

And here's a special one.  Look at his shoulder patch. Remember this is 1975 and a Soviet cosmonaut is wearing the Stars and Stripes next to the Hammer and Sickle.  We are talking the hot times of the Cold War here.  This was for the Apollo/Soyuz mission.  An Apollo Command module and a Soyuz-19 space craft docked together in an expression of "detente" that the 2 Superpoweres were attempting.

Here is the offical patch

And here are the men involved

Of course both the American and Soviet docking systems were different, but "American and Soviet engineers already settled their differences for a possible docking of American and Soviet spacecraft in meetings between June and December 1971 in Houston and Moscow, including Bill Creasy's design of the Androgynous Peripheral Attach System between the two ships that would allow either to be active or passive during docking."

This ASTP of 1975 led to future collaborative programs like the missions where the US space shuttle visited the Soviet/Russian space station Mir. Later these foundations of peace bore the massive International Space Station project.

Shuttle-Mir STS-71 shuttle Atlantis docked to station Mir

Born on May 30, 1934  Ad Astra fair Comrade!

peace
Hog

paladin1991

It's the Old Dirt Nap for Robert Forstor.

Hog

Quote from: Hog on October 11, 2019, 07:50:00 AM
The first human to "walk in space"  Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov dies.

And here he is in a modern Sokol space suit.  He's about to ride a Soyuz.

And here's a special one.  Look at his shoulder patch. Remember this is 1975 and a Soviet cosmonaut is wearing the Stars and Stripes next to the Hammer and Sickle.  We are talking the hot times of the Cold War here.  This was for the Apollo/Soyuz mission.  An Apollo Command module and a Soyuz-19 space craft docked together in an expression of "detente" that the 2 Superpoweres were attempting.

And here are the men involved

Of course both the American and Soviet docking systems were different, but "American and Soviet engineers already settled their differences for a possible docking of American and Soviet spacecraft in meetings between June and December 1971 in Houston and Moscow, including Bill Creasy's design of the Androgynous Peripheral Attach System between the two ships that would allow either to be active or passive during docking."

This ASTP of 1975 led to future collaborative programs like the missions where the US space shuttle visited the Soviet/Russian space station Mir. Later these foundations of peace bore the massive International Space Station project.

Shuttle-Mir STS-71 shuttle Atlantis docked to station Mir

Born on May 30, 1934  Ad Astra fair Comrade!

peace
Hog

"In 1971, he was commander of the main crew of Soyuz 11 (along with V.N. Kubasov and P.I. Kolodin). Shortly before launch, the medical board vetoed Kubasov, and the team changed. Their backup crew flew instead-
G. T. Dobrovolsky, V. N. Volkov and V. I. Patsaev, all died during the vehicle landing."

He dodged a bullet and managed to live a long and successful life.

peace
Hog

Dr. MD MD

The Democrats eulogizing of Ellijah Cummings, of course, got a little over the top (Hillary just can’t sound genuine, no matter what); especially for a man who, at least toward the end of his life, seemed to be nothing more than a rabid left-wing propagandist muckraker and often just an outright liar. He also claimed to be a Christain, who aren’t supposed to lie and so he also lied about that. I guess in some people’s minds anyone who ever knew Martin Luther King Jr. must be holy and incapable of deceit. 

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 25, 2019, 04:51:24 PM
The Democrats eulogizing of Ellijah Cummings, of course, got a little over the top (Hillary just can’t sound genuine, no matter what); especially for a man who, at least toward the end of his life, seemed to be nothing more than a rabid left-wing propagandist muckraker and often just an outright liar. He also claimed to be a Christain, who aren’t supposed to lie and so he also lied about that. I guess in some people’s minds anyone who ever knew Martin Luther King Jr. must be holy and incapable of deceit.

This is side-splittingly hilarious!  When has the truth ever mattered to you, Dr Dicktooter?  You're the biggest liar on Bellgab, and everyone knows it.  In fact, no one is a bigger liar than you except for your primary masturbation-aid and fellow sociopathic retard, Agent Orange.  I don't see you tut-tutting about his exhaustively-documented lying that goes back for decades.  Maybe you'll get on to it after you swallow and he zips up. 

By the way, did you notice how your lord and saviour got so totally pasted by Obama during his Cummings eulogy?

"[B)eing a strong man includes being kind. That there is nothing weak about kindness and compassion. There is nothing weak about looking out for others. There is nothing weak about being honorable. You are not a sucker to have integrity and to treat others with respect. I was sitting here and I was just noticing The Honorable Elijah E. Cummings and, you know, this is a title that we confer on all kinds of people who get elected to public office. We’re supposed to introduce them as honorable.  But Elijah Cummings was honorable before he was elected to office. There’s a difference. There is a difference if you are honorable and treated others honorably outside the limelight."

Trump, outside of the limelight:

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 26, 2019, 11:28:05 PM
This is side-splittingly hilarious!  When has the truth ever mattered to you, Dr Dicktooter?  You're the biggest liar on Bellgab, and everyone knows it.  In fact, no one is a bigger liar than you except for your primary masturbation-aid and fellow sociopathic retard, Agent Orange.  I don't see you tut-tutting about his exhaustively-documented lying that goes back for decades.  Maybe you'll get on to it after you swallow and he zips up. 

By the way, did you notice how your lord and saviour got so totally pasted by Obama during his Cummings eulogy?

"[B)eing a strong man includes being kind. That there is nothing weak about kindness and compassion. There is nothing weak about looking out for others. There is nothing weak about being honorable. You are not a sucker to have integrity and to treat others with respect. I was sitting here and I was just noticing The Honorable Elijah E. Cummings and, you know, this is a title that we confer on all kinds of people who get elected to public office. We’re supposed to introduce them as honorable.  But Elijah Cummings was honorable before he was elected to office. There’s a difference. There is a difference if you are honorable and treated others honorably outside the limelight."

Trump, outside of the limelight:

So, one liar said another liar wasn’t a liar. And that’s supposed to make me feel better about him?!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 26, 2019, 11:38:08 PM
So, one liar said another liar wasn’t a liar. And that’s supposed to make me feel better about him?!

albrecht

"Conyers, among the high-profile politicians topped by sex harassment allegations in 2017, died at his home on Sunday, said Detroit police spokesman Cpl. Dan Donakowski. The death “looks like natural causes,” Donakowski added."   

https://apnews.com/e4410a5c00404ffebc0e7727e594326a