• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts
Quote from: EvB on December 13, 2008, 11:33:23 AM
Like I said - I didn't hear it.  That dosn't mean it didn't happen. I've disagreed with Ian before - on his own blog. (Not because I didn't want you all to see it - but because I hoped HE would)

As for decorum - I agree you have shown all any of us expect - perhaps more -  and you are (though it goes without saying) entitled.

What I will say is that I've heard him loose his temper in ways that bothered me - though nothing to the degree you describe.  So, I don't doubt you.  I'd just have to hear it myself to know how it stuck me.

And, odd as it may sound, I'm glad you aren't the sort who would let my pro-Punnett proclivities to censor you!

...And for the record, I'm not saying Cent isn't entitled either.  Freedom for Everybody, seen..... And I'm not saying that if this was an RPG, military personnel characters wouldn't be a more "balls" attribute based character then say my character.  What I'm saying is "I can't believe the word freedom isn't trademarked yet, or maybe "Bash Ian Punnett? Really?".

It's like hating that nerdy little fat kid down the street that hangs out with your little brother, and won't turn in to John Wayne Gacy for another 26 years.

EvB

You guys got me so curious - I had to go searching for info on this. Let me add that despite the fact that I'm still a fan, and respect Ian - I'm annoyed enough with him right now on another topic which he has, so far, chosen not to address that my "pro Punnett" postion is tempered enough for me to be more than willing to find the info you referred to if it was available. It wasn't. Since Centurion73 said the IP Blog was edited (did I understand you correctly?) that fact that what I did find looked perfectly respectful to me doesn't say much. I only saw the final version.   

I did find THIS:   http://www.fubar.com/blog/94079/454554  - but the blog belongs to a man who claims to be a friend of Ian's - so that's not without bias either. Based on what this says, it looks to me as if what Ian was saying is that perhaps Tilman was "fragged" by someone who did not appreciate his "forget praising god just pass the ammunition" POV.  (All conjecture - all the way around.) That's not the same as his saying that he believed that was a righteous thing to do. What I will say is that Ian seems to have a talent for saying things in a way that invites people to take them differently than they were intended. (And that, too, may be projection on my part as I have that same talent.)

This particular topic (Tillman's Death) is an enormously painful one, and I sincerely apologize to anyone who feels my approach to it increases that pain.

:worms

As for my own annoyance, oh well - I addressed it - and it's on his blog for anyone to read who wishes - so he may think, if he's even read it, that the opposing point of view has been presented and that's that.  If it matters - you can find that post here: http://gabster.fm1071.com/fm107_ian/blog/2008/11/30/ip__freely  (you'll have to scroll - there was no direct link)

EvB

QuoteWhat I'm saying is "I can't believe the word freedom isn't trademarked yet, or maybe "Bash Ian Punnett? Really?".

It's like hating that nerdy little fat kid down the street that hangs out with your little brother, and won't turn in to John Wayne Gacy for another 26 years.

Phan?  I've completely lost you here (and your other post as well)  My bad I'm sure but I don't get what you're saying.  I'm guessing there is something regarding the Tillman issue I don't know - or something you're referring to that is common knowledge - but not common to me. 

Wanna lend me a clue?

Centurion73

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on December 13, 2008, 09:52:55 AM

A real "American" fights for freedom so that EVERYONE can exercise those freedoms, especially the people who piss you off.  If it's conditional, then it's not "American", so you're fighting for something else.

That was my point irregardless of what may or may not have been said Mr. Tillman was there for all and Ian saying he would not fight for (g)od or country was and is a slap in the face of all of us who have served or do serve. I am a former Marine, I am against the war always have always will. I will go so others do not, I will fight so others wont have to or so anyone else may die. I will, have, and still do fight for the rights of all religious or not to disagree, to oppose, I will NOT however, ever, ever, let any service member brother or sister be belittled in death. Easy to be 3000 miles away by air and make a statement, an assumption because another persons blood, family, has bought them that safety.
I wish not to offend the people on this forum as it is not my style and I find everyone here has or seems to have a mutual respect for others that is rare indeed. I thank all whom have commented and even if my words seem terse I respect the comments they have made and the time that they have spent regarding the issue that is a testament to their integrity, thank you all.

Quote from: Centurion73 on December 13, 2008, 04:14:07 PM
That was my point irregardless of what may or may not have been said Mr. Tillman was there for all and Ian saying he would not fight for (g)od or country was and is a slap in the face of all of us who have served or do serve. I am a former Marine, I am against the war always have always will. I will go so others do not, I will fight so others wont have to or so anyone else may die. I will, have, and still do fight for the rights of all religious or not to disagree, to oppose, I will NOT however, ever, ever, let any service member brother or sister be belittled in death. Easy to be 3000 miles away by air and make a statement, an assumption because another persons blood, family, has bought them that safety.
I wish not to offend the people on this forum as it is not my style and I find everyone here has or seems to have a mutual respect for others that is rare indeed. I thank all whom have commented and even if my words seem terse I respect the comments they have made and the time that they have spent regarding the issue that is a testament to their integrity, thank you all.

Nah, I don't think you are offending anyone.  The problem that sucks for soldiers is that they are defending the right for people to say whatever they want, and that is gonna include that kind of talk about military people.  You know why? Cause everything under the sun (for the most part) is gonna be said in the name of free speech.  Whatever anyone's reason for choosing that type of service, something Ian Punnett says should not rattle them.  I mean, it's only Ian Punnett man.  You've already shown your guts.

EvB

QuoteI wish not to offend the people on this forum as it is not my style and I find everyone here has or seems to have a mutual respect for others that is rare indeed.

Gotta LOVE that about this place - particularly given our primary topic and our generally crude demeanor! I hope it's not just a function of how relatively small we are.  I want to see this quality preserved.

EvB

QuoteI mean, it's only Ian Punnett man.  You've already shown your guts.                 

Centurion73

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on December 13, 2008, 04:26:37 PM
Nah, I don't think you are offending anyone.  The problem that sucks for soldiers is that they are defending the right for people to say whatever they want, and that is gonna include that kind of talk about military people.  You know why? Cause everything under the sun (for the most part) is gonna be said in the name of free speech.  Whatever anyone's reason for choosing that type of service, something Ian Punnett says should not rattle them.  I mean, it's only Ian Punnett man.  You've already shown your guts.
I am not rattled by anything he said nor would I ever be. This was and is about Honor, Integrity, Brotherhood, Esprit de corps!
He has free speech yes but not freedom to use false or misleading assumptions as fact or purport them as fact. As for "it's only Ian Punnett man" same could be said about any human so why bother with any? This one person has the ear of millions so that statement is nonsensical as he has the power and medium to reach many. If he were just a guy at a comic book store his audience would be limited but by him using c2c for personal messages he has is def not just a a normal person but to each their own.

Boomer

Quote from: EvB on December 12, 2008, 07:21:50 PM
Never heard anything like that - but then I'm not one who listens to every word.

Most people here know that I'm a defender of (almost) all things Punnett - so forgive me when I say I think you've gone way off the deep end here.  Let me know if you need a life raft.

Deep end? Not Hardly. I'm a streamlink subscriber and get every show downloaded every morning and listen to them all. The only exception to this is I don't even bother with your boy Punfart anymore because of his boring sense of humor and personality, unless of course the producers screw up and give him a good guest to interview. The first time I head Punfart screw up an interview was when he was interviewing a guy who authored a book on how to circumvent the law on a particular issue. Punfairy just beat this guy up on the air, trashed his book and him, it was dispicable and little if nothing at all was learned from the guest and his message. Where is this "MAN of the Cloth", where is this "Man of God", the one who is supposed to preach the GOLDEN RULE???

All Punfaggot is, is just another asshole telling us all we're sinners and going to Hell and holding his hand out for those Donations to God. What this Idiot should do is get off the radio and get a TV Show with an 800 number on the bottom of the screen, get some long wavy white hair on his head, load his old ladys face up with about 5 lbs of eye liner and big hair, so he and his old lady can tell us the only way to heaven is to send him some MONEY. That's where this Idiot belongs.

Get on Youtube and find the Punfart-Quayle volley, Punfart's ego got ahold of him and he thought he'd trash Quayle...bad mistake on his part because Quayle came back and Unloaded on that Fat Little Prick with Both Barrels. The network knew what happened because Quayle was back on two weeks later with King "Wish I Had A Brain" Snorry doing the real interview.

EvB

QuoteGet on Youtube and find the Punfart-Quayle volley, Punfart's ego got ahold of him and he thought he'd trash Quayle...bad mistake on his part because Quayle came back and Unloaded on that Fat Little Prick with Both Barrels

AH!  Well now this one I DID hear and this, I think, will show a major difference in your and my POV.  I think Quayle was pandering the usual and ever-popular doom and gloom - and Punnett was asking him to have a diologe - which, Quayle, used to George's toady ways - was completely unwilling, and in fact IMHO, unable to do. 

Ian did applogize - after Quayle, (I'm guessing here) went crying to the powers that be becuase he was actually challnged (HORRORS!) - for me and mine - it was completly unessisary.  I did and do applaud Ian's willingness to challenge "The Great and Powerful Quayle" 

"Worse than any science fiction anyone, anywhere could imagine"  ?!?!??!!  PUH-LEEZE!!!

Tell me - are you also a disciple of Majorette Dames?

Boomer

Quote from: EvB on December 13, 2008, 10:36:37 PM
AH!  Well now this one I DID hear and this, I think, will show a major difference in your and my POV.  I think Quayle was pandering the usual and ever-popular doom and gloom - and Punnett was asking him to have a diologe - which, Quayle, used to George's toady ways - was completely unwilling, and in fact IMHO, unable to do.

Ya...Ok...lol 

QuoteIan did applogize - after Quayle, (I'm guessing here) went crying to the powers that be becuase he was actually challnged (HORRORS!) - for me and mine - it was completly unessisary.  I did and do applaud Ian's willingness to challenge "The Great and Powerful Quayle" 

I'll have to go backand see...I don't remember any apology

Quote"Worse than any science fiction anyone, anywhere could imagine"  ?!?!??!!  PUH-LEEZE!!!

Whats a bitch is when all the "doom and gloom" comes to fruition...got a job yet?...read the newpapers?...hows the 401k...still got it?...what happened in Iceland?...whats goin on in Greece tonite?...the Feds have closed 25 Banks this year so far...have they closed yours yet? Try this link on for size http://www.reuters.com/article/InvestmentOutlook09/idUSTRE4BA5CO20081211

If that doesn't get it done for ya try this one http://www.urbansurvival.com/week.htm

QuoteTell me - are you also a disciple of Majorette Dames?

Spare me...cant you do better than that.

EvB

Quote from: Boomer on December 14, 2008, 12:59:17 AM
Ya...Ok...lol 

Derisive laughter doesn't say much to me  - except that perhaps you, like Quayle, expect that your words are simply to be accepted - never challenged. This phrase is clich? "cool" -- and meaningless.

I'll have to go back and see...I don't remember any apology

You'll find it within the first hour - I think sooner - of Ian's very next show.

Whats a bitch is when all the "doom and gloom" comes to fruition...got a job yet?...read the newpapers?...hows the 401k...still got it?...what happened in Iceland?...whats goin on in Greece tonite?...the Feds have closed 25 Banks this year so far...have they closed yours yet? Try this link on for size http://www.reuters.com/article/InvestmentOutlook09/idUSTRE4BA5CO20081211

If that doesn't get it done for ya try this one http://www.urbansurvival.com/week.htm

The world is a scary place - and the economy sucks.  No question.  But - when is that - or something like it- NOT true? Is this unique?  In the rare instance it doesn?t seem to be ? it soon will. Sure - every event in history is unique. -- Or not. There is also an element of "same shit different day" to it all. People have been howling about the end of the world for as long as I can recall - and throughout recorded history. Fear mongers make a name for themselves by dramatizing it all - without balance - and with little if any hope.  I think these people are NOT educators - but self-aggrandizing psychic bullies.  They do it for cheep fame and, hopefully, a paycheck. They are a bore. 
The real problem with Quayle is that he wanted to deliver he own version of apocalyptic hell-fire and brimstone - and he did not want to be bothered with any dialogue.  The great and powerful wizard of doom had spoken.  If he actually had done his homework well enough to have considered more than his one-track prophecy - he could have said all he wanted to say AND enriched it by engaged with Ian and his questions. He'd rather be pimped and pandered to by Snoory.  They deserve each other.

Spare me...cant you do better than that.

Can't YOU do better than scoff? I hope I wasn't intended to be cowed or repressed by your attitude - because I'm not. 

PRATICAL and realistic converstaion concerning potential disasters and how to prepare can be interesting. Beating people into a state of despair is worse than useless. Life goes on - until it doesn't.  Supposedly "scientific" sermons on the Apocalypse are a yawn. 

In the original Greek - the word Apocalypse implied PRIVILEGED information revealed to the chosen few. Quayle wants us to think he is one of those chosen ? which, again, implies he is not to be questioned.  Its trite, tired, and without balanced perspective - about as engaging as a flock of freaked out crows and their mind-numbing noise.

Ian must have had his own reasons to apologize.  He may have been honestly sorry not to have been more graceful.  In my opinion, Quayle got exactly what he deserved.   

Centurion73

It appears as though I may have created a monster with this thread. I will say Ian did apologize the next show. However, it was not and did not seem to me to be (real or heartfelt) it was because he treated Qualye poorly and showed the true Ian. Now he could have disagreed with Quayle and done so more tactful and still have gotten his point across. Say whatever you wish but Qualye was the GUEST and invited by someone on c2c if not Ian, I doubt any of you would treat your GUEST in such a manner. Ian should have taken his issues up with his booking person and it is apparent by most on this board and some others that Ian has changed since that event, the question is why? Who slapped Ian's pee-pee (please insert Noory joke here in your response) does Ian really need c2c, did he sell out, sell his soul to the devil you may say? All he does now is read the same script Noory does he had ideals once but with Captain Noory at the helm of USS c2c it appears as Ian has been dry docked.

EvB

Hehe - no more monstrous than many of our threads!

QuoteWho slapped Ian's pee-pee (please insert Noory joke here in your response) does Ian really need c2c, did he sell out, sell his soul to the devil you may say? All he does now is read the same script Noory does he had ideals once but with Captain Noory at the helm of USS c2c it appears as Ian has been dry docked.

Gawd how I wish I could say I thought this was crap.  But, it isn't.  It seems that now when Ian gets a lame guest (a la last night's "Lennon Sold his Soul to the Devil" shock-for-the-money guest) he just acts bored.  What really bugs me aobut that one is that the real gust - who did not get the same level of pre-publicity - had some really interesting things to say about Patton and the possibility that he was assainated.  Punnett's shift in tone when he got to the guest who had something to say was too obvious to be ignored.

Centurion73

Damn EvB, no pee -pee joke, time to call a pro no offense to you, SYBIL oh SYBIL.

broruss

On a recent show I heard Ian say that a listener had requested that Ian take a photo of himself wearing his clerical collar and sitting on his vintage Vespa. I was expecting Ian to politely say that the request was a little silly, or that he would feel a little self-indulgent (and/or look like a tool) posting a picture of himself like that.

Instead, Ian said (with no sarcasm in his voice whatsoever) that he would post a photo like that soon. Ian then went on to enthuse about his Vespa, saying that if Batman had a Vespa, it would look like this one.

On another recent show Ian announced that he had a surgical procedure done to restore his hairline.

Ian is a far better host than Noory, but the more Ian tells us about himself, the less I like him. He seems like sort of a soft, pudgy, aging fanboy with a trust fund, who compulsively tries to prop up his masculinity with random Tourette's like references to the day's sports events.

Give Ian another year or so and he may develop full-blown Noory Syndrome, characterized by attention deficit disorder, strokemouth, increasingly random and irrelevant personal anecdotes, and a generally inflated sense of his own place in the universe. (Wait... I think he's already there, except for the strokemouth).

Frys Girl

I'm thinking of getting stream link again to listen to Punnett. Im kinda late coming on to his show, as my weekends are weird. But I caught some of the Koontz interview and I think his show topics are usually good. He's a little bit of a religious nut but I can't tell if he's kidding?? I don't know much about this guy, except he needs to stop wearing those glasses on his wikipedia page pic.

Centurion73

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 16, 2008, 09:36:25 AM
I'm thinking of getting stream link again to listen to Punnett. Im kinda late coming on to his show, as my weekends are weird. But I caught some of the Koontz interview and I think his show topics are usually good. He's a little bit of a religious nut but I can't tell if he's kidding?? I don't know much about this guy, except he needs to stop wearing those glasses on his wikipedia page pic.
Wish I could say it was an act but it's not, he is not a little bit of a nut he is a whole lot of  one, he is so nutty that Squirrels follow him around. He is a religious, pompous, pius, ass. What, you don't like Butters Punnett's glasses, I mean cmon his mom helped pick those out, she always said Ian was special. Save your money unless you want to talk about comic books and god with Ian.

Centurion73

Quote from: broruss on December 16, 2008, 09:28:23 AM
On a recent show I heard Ian say that a listener had requested that Ian take a photo of himself wearing his clerical collar and sitting on his vintage Vespa. I was expecting Ian to politely say that the request was a little silly, or that he would feel a little self-indulgent (and/or look like a tool) posting a picture of himself like that.

Instead, Ian said (with no sarcasm in his voice whatsoever) that he would post a photo like that soon. Ian then went on to enthuse about his Vespa, saying that if Batman had a Vespa, it would look like this one.

On another recent show Ian announced that he had a surgical procedure done to restore his hairline.

Ian is a far better host than Noory, but the more Ian tells us about himself, the less I like him. He seems like sort of a soft, pudgy, aging fanboy with a trust fund, who compulsively tries to prop up his masculinity with random Tourette's like references to the day's sports events.

Give Ian another year or so and he may develop full-blown Noory Syndrome, characterized by attention deficit disorder, strokemouth, increasingly random and irrelevant personal anecdotes, and a generally inflated sense of his own place in the universe. (Wait... I think he's already there, except for the strokemouth).
You are dead on the $$$ 100% nice f-ing post. Yes, Corky Punnett does try and sell he is a manly man BS when everything points the the opposite. You know his type and described it well. He is well into stage 3 of Noorettes disease, Ian has progressed nicely and may surpass that of his master George. I mean Ian the magnificent is surely bright enough to know better, just ask him he will tell you how bright he is, you know, when he is not busy watching football or working on his 1970 hemi Baracudda, oh I mean his manly yugo.

EvB

The Koontz interview was fun.  The two seem to like each other - and were having a good time. 

As for this:

QuoteSave your money unless you want to talk about comic books and god with Ian.               

What I honestly don't understand is why people get so hostile about Ian's religion and clergy status.  His church (the same denomination I attend - when I do) is a very liberal one.  While he's interested in all things biblical - I've never heard him shove it down others throats or even imply that he has much investment in "conversion" of others.  He does seem put off by people using the bible in uneducated ways

The 367th book of Revelation says that a dark beast the the name Boobblehead will ruin the world - Boobblehead obviously means Obama due to his big ears - and besides Boobblehead is another word for Dumbo in ultra ancient Aramaic - but that's the feminine form so it could mean Mrs. Obama)

And no, no one said exactly THAT - I made that up - as if you couldn't tell.  But Ian's annoyance at that seems to me to be the same kind of annoyance that anyone would show if some clown started spouting nonsense about an expertise area of their's. I think of Ian's bible thing like Art's ham radio thing - just part of who he is. Being a pushy fundamentalist isn't, from anything I've ever heard, part of who he is at all.

Quote from: Centurion73 on December 16, 2008, 09:49:04 AM
Wish I could say it was an act but it's not, he is not a little bit of a nut he is a whole lot of  one, he is so nutty that Squirrels follow him around. He is a religious, pompous, pius, ass. What, you don't like Butters Punnett's glasses, I mean cmon his mom helped pick those out, she always said Ian was special. Save your money unless you want to talk about comic books and god with Ian.

Hey man!  I like Butters!

EvB

QuoteHe is well into stage 3 of Noorettes disease,

Okay- THAT is funny!  I don't have to agree to be amused ;D

Tell me - how many stages does Noorettes disease have?

Quote from: EvB on December 16, 2008, 10:31:49 AM
The Koontz interview was fun.  The two seem to like each other - and were having a good time. 

I'm glad you liked it.  I was actually looking kind of forward to listening to it, and found it quite shite, and much too tame.  The rapport and banter did keep me listening, but it was just such a shallow type of interview, and it highlighted the reasons while I can't get into Koontz' writing style - Petting Zoo Thriller / Chou-puff Suspense.

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on December 16, 2008, 10:40:56 AM
I'm glad you liked it.  I was actually looking kind of forward to listening to it, and found it quite shite, and much too tame.  The rapport and banter did keep me listening, but it was just such a shallow type of interview, and it highlighted the reasons while I can't get into Koontz' writing style - Petting Zoo Thriller / Chou-puff Suspense.

Can't say there is much to disagree with here -- The "interview" was pretty much two guys who apparently have some things in common having a fun conversation - and the pleasure was in eavesdropping on their fun. Nothing much more than that.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on December 16, 2008, 10:31:49 AM
What I honestly don't understand is why people get so hostile about Ian's religion and clergy status.  His church (the same denomination I attend - when I do) is a very liberal one.  While he's interested in all things biblical - I've never heard him shove it down others throats or even imply that he has much investment in "conversion" of others.

Ian has a right to his religious practice, view, ans stance, however, he has not done one show where he does not bring it up, he has show derision for other religions he deems unworthy, fringe, or NOT christian. Comparing Art & his ham radio to Ian & his religious beliefs are not akin to each other as Art has never attacked anyone who does not have the view that Ham radio is the savior of all or if they were not interested in Ham radio. Yes, Phantastic Butters is the man and it would be better if the character of Butters too over for both of these mooks.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on December 16, 2008, 10:37:41 AM
Okay- THAT is funny!  I don't have to agree to be amused ;D

Tell me - how many stages does Noorettes disease have?
Ha, ha. ha, I don't know but I will work on a disease flow chart for clinical staging assessment and invite all to do the same.

Quote from: Centurion73 on December 16, 2008, 04:46:36 PM
. Yes, Phantastic Butters is the man and it would be better if the character of Butters too over for both of these mooks.

Butters & Cartman hosting C2C. Imagine.  Even one South Park episode would be awesome.

EvB

I guess I just haven't heard (all) what you have heard - because HAD I heard some of that - I would not like it either. Is this because I don't listen to every word?  Because I haven't been a c2c fan as long as many of you?  Because I am, myself, a "liberal Christian" with a similar background to Ian's and therefore he may say or imply things that fly by me because I'm just to used to it?  The answer is likely, in part "all of the above." 

That said - I also think, when I read critics of Ian's who come down hard on the Christan thing, that they are projecting negitive associations that don't really apply.  :Shrug:  - dunno for sure.

Here is what I think on these points:

he has not done one show where he does not bring it up,

I'd be hard pressed to come up with a show where he did not bring it up - true enough.  But, so what?  It's something he's been working very hard on for a very long time and is a big part of his life.  Sometimes 9though i know that this is not usually the case) it's a matter of "in the interest of full disclosure" (ie: he wants to be up-front about his bias) sometimes it's just his interest. I have never gotten the impression that he was pushing Christianity on anyone.

he has show derision for other religions he deems unworthy,

Unworthy how?  If by that you mean either narrow or not well informed - well - yeah.  I see that.  But I also DO that.  Episocopalians are - for the most part - well educated folk who are often not as acepting as they coud be of those who opperate on pure faith - sans the academic slant. That's why (I'll say 'we' though I'm technicaly a Lutheran who happens to attend an Episcopal church - when you are refering the the largest body of the Lutheran Church in the US - it essentially the same thing - one has British overtones - the other Germanic - otherwise . . .) we are known, even among ourselves, as "the frozen chosen."  T-t-t-hat's a JOKE son!

fringe,

Yep - true enough.  Mainstream Xians tend to not care for fringers.  Particularly if they are fundimetalists.  The embarass us, making us feel like we cna't say "I'm Chirstain" but rather HAVE to say "Im Christain BUT . . ."  Is that kind?  Nope.  Is that fair?  Nope.  Is it, umm, Chirstain?  Well - often not but DAMN!  I REALLY don't want to deal with people who think either that I Am OR should be out to convert my non-Chistian friends or family, or that they can make assumptions abotu my politial of social stands based on my over-arching religius affiliation.  It's IRITATING!~

or NOT christian.

Not Chistian, how?  I've never heard Ian make light of ohter's religion.  But I don't know how to diffentiate between religion and weirdness to somene who has made the statemetn (understandbly - though I don't compely agree) that all religions are cults. While i understand there are overlap points -there are more differnces that similarities IMO. 

Comparing Art & his ham radio to Ian & his religious beliefs are not akin to each other as Art has never attacked anyone who does not have the view that Ham radio is the savior of all or if they were not interested in Ham radio.

I've never heard Ian attack anyone who was not interested in religion.  Again, becuae I did not hear it does not mean it did not happen.  I was refeing to his tendency to have his intrest in biblical matters, prophecy and so on as a common sub-text to things he has to say - as radio is for Art. Religion is much more loaded - and has a wider reach both good and ill than ham radio - sure. I was just compairing the "pet intrrest" part.

And now - before I bore you all to sobs - (if I haven;'t already) I'm gonna get off and try to STAY off this particualr cross.  Given recent events in the housing industry, I'm QUITE sure someone needs the wood to build a lean-too or something.

Obviously - you all are welcome to take this thread where you like, so - where are you ganna take us?   (sorry - had to do it   :P ) [/]

Centurion73

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on December 16, 2008, 05:10:46 PM
Butters & Cartman hosting C2C. Imagine.  Even one South Park episode would be awesome.
That statement of idea should end this thread, that is brilliant and funny on so many levels. However, why kill an interesting thread, the following sums it up rather nicely and has appeared to me to be oh so true.
I like your Christ, I do not like your christians. Your christians are so unlike your Christ.
Mohandas Gandhi

EvB

Quote from: Centurion73 on December 16, 2008, 05:25:01 PM
That statement of idea should end this thread, that is brilliant and funny on so many levels. However, why kill an interesting thread, the following sums it up rather nicely and has appeared to me to be oh so true.
I like your Christ, I do not like your christians. Your christians are so unlike your Christ.
Mohandas Gandhi

Too sad - too true.