• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

danDNA

ian was perfect in the C"C live thing, a warm up for the later show, but he seems to have kept the format for the later show now. his show is more like 'animals do the funniest things' early evening stuff. i cant even think of a TV show that C"C AM should be to compare it to. I realise im going all Noory now using popular culture as a reference. does anyone remember 'Arthur C Clarke's world of strange powers'? - thats what C"C should be.
from voice alone, even before i saw a pic of him (and from his own descriptions) i thought ian would look like mole from 'wind in the willows', and he does a bit(perhaps im picking up George's amazing remote viewing abilities), but in reality he looks more like louie anderson a few years back

man, that took me about 30 minutes to raid my brain store, match the face, connect the face to the film (coming to america) and then find who it was.

EvB

Quotei thought ian would look like mole from 'wind in the willows', and he does a bit

LOL!

He certainly does look, err . . .COLORFUL!

MV/Liberace!

"You see me?  I'm washing lettuce.  In 6 months, I'll make assistant manager.  And that's where the big bucks roll in."

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 28, 2008, 11:12:18 AM
"You see me?  I'm washing lettuce.  In 6 months, I'll make assistant manager.  And that's where the big bucks roll in."

Nice, hehehe. Favorite role, "Jake" as the cab driver.

Quote from: exC2Cfan on August 03, 2008, 08:53:57 AM
Test One

1.   Jim don't think I know what I'm talking about.
2.   I don't got time to iron your shirts right now.
3.   I seen it with my own eyes.
4.   My kids got in trouble, and I had to talk to there teacher.
5.   If I could of been there, I would of been there.
6.   The ship sunk after it was hit by the torpedo.
7.   My sister and her kids have went to Yellowstone twice.
8.   If he caught as good as he hits, he'd be in the majors.
9.   He was laying in the sun all day.
10.   If you don't stop listening to George Noory, your soon going to be as dumb as he is.

Test Two

11.   These kind of problems really aggravate me.
12.   I've got five boxes of book's.
13.   He started each chapter with a famous quote from Shakespeare.
14.   Maria and her took the train to Seattle last year.
15.   Our house is full of old fashion furniture.
16.   I'm going to do it irregardless of what he says.
17.   What percent of Coast to Coast listeners are as clueless as George Noory?
18.   There's nine baseball players on a baseball team.
19.   Less people live in Los Angeles than in New York.
20.   If I would've known you were coming, I would've made coffee.

Test Three

21.   The enormity of the universe is difficult to comprehend.
22.   We're chomping at the bit to get started.
23.   I'm adverse to buying cosmetics that are tested on animals.
24.   I could care less what you say about me.
25.   Either Jim or myself will call you when the work is finished.
26.   Sally had tea, and I had expresso.
27.   The book is entitled, 1001 Ways That George Noory Sucks.
28.   The teacher was very angry about him breaking the window.
29.   I felt badly about hurting her feelings.
30.   When you've finished, give the application to Malcolm or I.
I'm thinking round about 50% of these still make sense if you put 'in bed' after them...you know, like some people do with fortune cookies?

Spikegirl

Quote from: Art is the Best on August 31, 2008, 09:16:14 PM
I'm thinking round about 50% of these still make sense if you put 'in bed' after them...you know, like some people do with fortune cookies?

Haha! It certainly livens up most of those sentences! I especially like #27

27.   The book is entitled, 1001 Ways That George Noory Sucks.

in bed!

Frys Girl

Quote from: Spikegirl on August 31, 2008, 10:13:02 PM
Haha! It certainly livens up most of those sentences! I especially like #27

27.   The book is entitled, 1001 Ways That George Noory Sucks.

in bed!
Or sucks .... at sucking. I can't wait for his labor day holiday snoories. Not.

MV/Liberace!

Test Two

11.   These kind of problems really aggravate me.
12.   I've got five boxes of book's.
13.   He started each chapter with a famous quote from Shakespeare.
14.   Maria and her took the train to Seattle last year.
15.   Our house is full of old fashion furniture.
16.   I'm going to do it irregardless of what he says.
17.   What percent of Coast to Coast listeners are as clueless as George Noory?
18.   There's nine baseball players on a baseball team.
19.   Less people live in Los Angeles than in New York.
20.   If I would've known you were coming, I would've made coffee.
11.   These kind of problems really aggravate me when I'm having my man period.
12.   I've got five boxes of book's on necrophilia.
13.   He started each chapter of his Lupus brochure with a famous quote from Shakespeare.
14.   Maria and her took the train to Seattle last year in an attempt to turn more tricks.
15.   Our house is full of old fashion S&M furniture.  You know... spikes and such.
16.   I want to fuck a tire in public and I'm going to do it irregardless of what he says.  So there.
17.   What percent of Coast to Coast listeners are as clueless as George Noory when it comes to counting and the alphabet?
18.   There's nine baseball players on a baseball team unless you kill one, and then there's 8.
19.   Less people live in Los Angeles than in New York and I'm sad about that.
20.   If I would've known you were coming, I would've made coffee... but now I'd like you to leave altogether.

EvB

What time is it where you are, MV?  Got jet lag?

Whatever, the list is funny.  ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on September 02, 2008, 02:41:08 PM
What time is it where you are, MV?  Got jet lag?

Whatever, the list is funny.  ;D
thanks.

and i'm eastern time plus 5.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Spikegirl on August 04, 2008, 06:57:37 PM
The elements of Style.

Ok. I'm definitely in the write place. I have the illustrated version and it isn't "pocket sized" but who cares? the pics are great, so are the captions, duh.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 07, 2008, 10:09:20 PM
Ok. I'm definitely in the write place. I have the illustrated version and it isn't "pocket sized" but who cares? the pics are great, so are the captions, duh.

I recently purchased a pocket-sized version of Webster's New Pocket Dictionary at Staples. It was an impulse purchase as I stood on line waiting to pay. It was only $1.99 and I am so happy with it. Dictionaries are fun to read. Yes, I'm a geek.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Spikegirl on September 07, 2008, 10:13:58 PM
I recently purchased a pocket-sized version of Webster's New Pocket Dictionary at Staples. It was an impulse purchase as I stood on line waiting to pay. It was only $1.99 and I am so happy with it. Dictionaries are fun to read. Yes, I'm a geek.
You rule! Dictionaries are the most important books there are.

Loui Zoot

Dictionaries are always trying to tell me what things mean, I think they are lying to me. It must be an Illuminati conspiracy.

As far as Ians Saturday show, it was frustrating that he put quantity before quality when they went to calls with the guest. What was the big fizz? It isn't often that Ian frustrates me, but he managed it on this one? Is someone pressuring him? I don't get it.
He even said to one caller, the calls have to be about the guest. No they don't. I mean on the rare ocassion you do get an interesting caller. Although admittedly she wasn't one of them.

EvB

QuoteAs far as Ians Saturday show, it was frustrating that he put quantity before quality when they went to calls with the guest. What was the big fizz?

All c2c hosts - even Art, often have special call times and lines.  That's the one kind of screening I agree with.  It drives me bats when the topic is, say, EVP - and someone wants to talk about how their mother came to them in a dream cuz it's "kinda like an EVP"  - errr . . no, it ISN'T.

As for the rush, I didn't notice - but I also passed out before I heard it all. Sometimes I think all the hosts (with the possible exception of sNoory who often dosn't mind just letting things go their own slow, maddening way) feel pressured by the number of calls on hold. Early Art didn't - becuase the phones would just ring until he got to 'em and damn the torpedos - but that was a differnat sytem (no screeners - just some kind of switchboard)

I do have a complaint about Ian's show though (Yes SpikeGirl - even me!  ;:) )  I wish he'd address the volume issues in his studio.  I HATE it when the caller is so quiet that I have to listen to Ian at eardrum rattling levels to also hear the caller - unless I'm right on top of my PC - and sometimes I wanna be elsewhere but still HEAR.

I'd think it was my sound system - but I only have a real problem with this when Ian is on - and I'm guessing from his home studio - because the sound balance used to be fine - or as fine as ti can be with telephone call-in guests. 

Hmph - maybe he dosn't notice.  Maybe it's time for an email.

That show was SO rushed, it really stuck out like a sore thumb, but I also think Premier is up against some some of neutral agenda regarding the election. They are walking a tightrope.

EvB

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on September 08, 2008, 04:07:13 PM
That show was SO rushed, it really stuck out like a sore thumb, but I also think Premier is up against some some of neutral agenda regarding the election. They are walking a tightrope.

Oh now that's an interesting thought.  Then again, the guest was so vague (well, he may have Neptune in his right hand, but on the other hand, he wears a glove . . .) you gotta wonder how much more neutral it could get.

Look, Ian was singing the praises of the RNC. Fine, I guess it may have been OK, but come on. C2C is too much like TV at this point. Yet they tout how alternative they are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXodmTgFUUA&eurl=

I feel like I am hearing fake party line controversy. It's dead.
I like Ian as a person, he's really a sweetheart... so I guess it was especially disappointing to see how he back skated through this show. And the guest seemed rushed and nervous. Ian usually has the ability to make them more comfortable than that. I could almost cut the agenda with a knife.

EvB

I had the impression that Ian's comments about the RNC were focused on two things:

1) that he had participated in the peace walk and

2) that there were a relatively small number of demonstrators who got way out of hand (throwing human waste and lord only know what else) and he wanted to be clear, since he had been there, that most of the protestors were civil. 

However, like I said - I passed out. School is ramping up again and I don't think I coud posibly be more distracted if I tried.  I have the show on MP3 - I'll listen again with an ear to what you heard.

I think the so called anarchists were planted, to steer attention away from the more worthy and conscious protestors.
But still Ian covered it about as well as FAUX news.
I know these guys are busy making a lot of money, and they don?t always have the time to look into the entirety of any issue. So, that is why I guess I degrade them by saying they are like TV.
I hope I don?t sound too bitter. It?s just ME and election years, oil and water.
I?ll be better by xmas, if the haydron collider doesn?t fix me all back to perfect on Wednesday, haha.

http://webcast.cern.ch/
Which you can watch live at the above link. Wednesday morning at one AM central time.

Spikegirl

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on September 08, 2008, 07:32:02 PM
I think the so called anarchists were planted, to steer attention away from the more worthy and conscious protestors.

Common right wing tactic. Most lefties are peaceniks and not the type to get violent. They are here to save the world. There are exceptions, of course, I am sure, and there are wackos on both sides of the fence. But especially on their side.  ;)

EvB

QuoteI know these guys are busy making a lot of money

I want that job.  Where do I sign up?    ;:)

I want that job too. I can say this much, any one of us would not be afraid if the guest lost his phone connection. There is plenty to say, but imagine if you worked for Clean Channel... and you had no brain cells left over to remember what was O.K. to say.

True, most lefties are against violence, but I am wondering if there might be a select group that is so fed up that they may have become what they resist. I don't know, this recreate '68 group looked fishy to me, and they got plenty of media didn't they?

But thank GAWD, if the election comes in early it will be Obama, and if it is late it will be McCain. Thanks to that late night Saturn energy or something, I forget.

Maybe Ian wasn't that happy from the start doing that show, he didn't seem to be.

danDNA

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on September 08, 2008, 07:32:02 PM

http://webcast.cern.ch/
Which you can watch live at the above link. Wednesday morning at one AM central time.

i like the two people riding around the LHC on their bicycles. they should keep them in there.

I'm pretty sure Ian would like to look like Jonothan Frakes. He probably pulls in ass like a tractor beam.

Louie Anderson? Mayyybe. But I still find Ian much better looking than him.

IMO, it's a mix. Ian is more like a.."Louie Frakes" or "Jonothan Anderson", depending on the day I suppose.

Either way, he's way more attractive aesthetically, intellectually, personality-wise, and vocally than Noory.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on August 28, 2008, 12:54:30 PM
Nice, hehehe. Favorite role, "Jake" as the cab driver.
actually, that was a reference to louie anderson's role in the movie coming to america.

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on September 08, 2008, 08:47:20 PM

True, most lefties are against violence, but I am wondering if there might be a select group that is so fed up that they may have become what they resist.

In Tucscon, animal rights people burned down a McDonalds. Kids... (I'm guessing)

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on September 10, 2008, 02:19:14 PM
actually, that was a reference to louie anderson's role in the movie coming to america.

Right, and Jake Steinfeld was the Cabby that picked them up at the airport when they got to "QUEENS". 

Bandido

Quote from: Big Rich Soprano on July 10, 2008, 06:19:08 AM
This is just a feeler to ask if i'm the only person who despises Ian Punt It... He seems to me to be an awkward high school boy auditioning for the high school radio show that only goes as far as the local community... Any thoughts? Anyone... Anyone...  ???

Don't despise, but he is a little annoying at times with his Where are you gonna take us? every 5 minutes. Also he used to be more interesting. I find I'm clicking off the radio more and more when he is on.