• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

Spikegirl

Hey, Ev!  No, Maurice is someone with a theory on God and other mystical stuff. He is definately not doom and gloom. I had posted here about that show before with a long explanation. I will look for my post and cut and paste it here again.

I looked it up. Actually, there is no need for me to cut and paste, just look at my list of previous posts under my profile. It is post #32.

BTW, Michael, this site ROCKS! It is so well organized, I was able to cross reference my own post in a matter of minutes and each post I've ever made is tracked! Excellent! Thank you for this forum!

Caleb

I know some folks think Punnett is just as bad as Noory, just in different ways, but despite his flaws... I like Punnett. He may talk about himself too much or push a religious point of view at times... but he also does something that Noory doesn't. He actually engages in intellectual conversation and debate with his guests, as opposed to the sort of generic softball interviews Noory does. With Noory, most guests and callers get a free pass, so to speak.
This isn't so with Punnett.

Punnett puts on a more lively and spirited show... which is what I think a lot of people have been missing since Noory took over.

That said, I don't hate Noory. He's okay. His "no coincidences" nonsense annoys me greatly, and I hate how he avoids any questioning or criticism of his guests, and can't keep up intellectually with a number of them anyway. But I still like listening to Coast to Coast late at night when I'm driving home. I still think its one of the best shows on talk radio.

Caleb

Sorry, should have read the whole page.

It's okay, if I had my say it would be for a simpler layout.
Like something where as soon as you log in you seen the new posts at the top.
I am no forum genius... so it's sort of embarassing asking anyone to dumb it down.
But hey.... I am falling all over myself on this forum. Michael should drink a six pack, observe how the forum looks to him after that, and  subtract 30 or something. THEN, after that revamp... it would work out for me.
If no one else wants to admit it confuses you too, well I understand:)
Don't go telling me just cause I want to be on a forum, I should take the learning curve on the jaw... I already know I suck. But HEY, at least I don't have a radio show! Haha.

Spikegirl

Hey, Vic! I love this forum, but admit, I too feel lost sometimes. There are so many threads, it's sort of like being in a new City. Kind of fun and exciting, lots going on, but a little confusing with all the new threads each time I log on.

And welcome Caleb. It's always nice to meet new people. I like Ian. I didn't at first. I thought he was a little too goofy and trying too hard. Then he grew on me. His choice of guests are usually boring, but he does a good interview and at least asks intelligent questions. Unlike George, who inserts his moronic observations into everything.

I havent even managed to listen to Ians interview with DB Coopers son. I am interested in that really.
Ian comes up with jokes like this, "I have a little plastic stonehenge on my desk, more of a deskhenge. So, I have dressed my fingers up in little druid outfits." Corny, OMG is it ever, but FUNNY. My guess is it's a Minnesota thing... they have an odd sense of humour up there:)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Spikegirl on May 30, 2008, 07:10:23 PM
Hey, Vic! I love this forum, but admit, I too feel lost sometimes. There are so many threads, it's sort of like being in a new City. Kind of fun and exciting, lots going on, but a little confusing with all the new threads each time I log on.
first off, hi caleb, and welcome.

secondly, i'm glad you guys spoke up about the layout because i had no idea people were having these thoughts.  i'm going to work on changing the layout of the site to better meet everybody's needs/tastes in the coming days/weeks.  feel free to PM me with suggestions on how to streamline the site to your liking.

sorry for my overuse of the "/" symbol in this post.

cheers.

well no one wants to feel stupid, but the fact is when you feel stupid it is usually because no one else is speaking up:)
so, hey just because Michael is smarter, doesn?t mean it isn?t our duty to tell him we don?t get it hahaha.
Good of him to give a shit ... see he really does care.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 01, 2008, 07:10:13 PM

sorry for my overuse of the "/" symbol in this post.

Is it/that such a terrible/horrible thing to do? Because I do it all the time/so much.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on June 01, 2008, 09:43:40 PM
Is it/that such a terrible/horrible thing to do? Because I do it all the time/so much.

well, actualy i don't care/vomit when others employ/utilize the "/"
it's just i'm very self critical/hating.

on another front... i have now included the 15 most recent posts on the main page which you will see when you scroll scroll scroll down.  also, for those who don't know, when you initially visit the site, you can also try clicking the "posts since last visit" link at the top of the page.  i use this religiously.  however, it WILL NOT include posts that are added during your current session, so be aware of this caveat.

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 01, 2008, 10:11:44 PM
well, actualy i don't care/vomit when others employ/utilize the "/"
it's just i'm very self critical/hating.

You know, I actually saw and/or in a tech writing context recently?  I think it was some piece of Adobe documentation. 

I'm now convinced; the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 01, 2008, 10:11:44 PM

on another front... i have now included the 15 most recent posts on the main page which you will see when you scroll scroll scroll down.  also, for those who don't know, when you initially visit the site, you can also try clicking the "posts since last visit" link at the top of the page.  i use this religiously.  however, it WILL NOT include posts that are added during your current session, so be aware of this caveat.

Excellent! I love it! Thank you, Michael. Now when I first log on, I can instantly see all the new posts and click on them. Before I had to click on every single thread on the forum and go back and forth, back and forth, and sometimes I would forget which threads I had read, and re-read ones I had read. Anyway, thanks!

MV/Liberace!

haha... it took adobe documentation to lead you to this conclusion about the world in which we live?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Spikegirl on June 02, 2008, 09:26:37 PM
Excellent! I love it! Thank you, Michael. Now when I first log on, I can instantly see all the new posts and click on them. Before I had to click on every single thread on the forum and go back and forth, back and forth, and sometimes I would forget which threads I had read, and re-read ones I had read. Anyway, thanks!
OMG you were really dedicated!!

Spikegirl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 02, 2008, 09:27:52 PM
OMG you were really dedicated!!

Haha! I didn't want to miss anything!

Just wanted to chime in that after listening to his Sat. show last weekend, I like this "Punnett Kid" a little more everytime I listen to him.

This is just a feeler to ask if i'm the only person who despises Ian Punt It... He seems to me to be an awkward high school boy auditioning for the high school radio show that only goes as far as the local community... Any thoughts? Anyone... Anyone...  ???

EvB

He does do that "adolescent male" thing to the hilt.  Dunno if it's cuz he has two kids (both boys) that age, or if he's just like that.  It's his brand of humor - and I live with it.  Sometimes I even grin & groan at it.

The Ian I love is the one who ripped an xian-fundi nerd (caller) a new one a couple of weeks ago.  CLASSIC.  I have that clip separate form the rest of the show and play it sometimes just for a grin. 

That's not all I love about Ian - I just thought of it because it is so opposite the persona your tailing about.

Ok, i was just wondering where i stood. It's just painful listening to him say for EVERY CALLER "Coast to Coast [pause] AM"... I've just gotta turn to WXPN in Philadelphia or something... Maybe you might want to share that clip?

EvB

Quote from: Big Rich Soprano on July 10, 2008, 07:57:29 AM
.. Maybe you might want to share that clip?

Sure -- I have an exam in a couple of hours but later today I'll make sure it's ready to send to whomever asks.  Remind me if I forget. 

Quote from: Big Rich Soprano on July 10, 2008, 06:19:08 AM
This is just a feeler to ask if i'm the only person who despises Ian Punt It... He seems to me to be an awkward high school boy auditioning for the high school radio show that only goes as far as the local community... Any thoughts? Anyone... Anyone...  ???

I used to feel that way about him.  I like him alot now. Although he did annoy me mildly last show I heard him.

Spikegirl

He annoyed me at first. Then, compared to the Snoron, he was manna from Heaven, and I warmed up to him. Now, he's annoying me again with his lame ass shows. That Jesus Christ impostor he had on didn't get him any brownie points with me, either. The worst is, if anyone dare criticize him over that show, he gets all nasty and defensive.

Quote from: Spikegirl on July 10, 2008, 01:27:39 PM
He annoyed me at first. Then, compared to the Snoron, he was manna from Heaven, and I warmed up to him. Now, he's annoying me again with his lame ass shows. That Jesus Christ impostor he had on didn't get him any brownie points with me, either. The worst is, if anyone dare criticize him over that show, he gets all nasty and defensive.

I actually liked when he got hot at caller "Sulimon(?)" for criticizing the show a couple weeks back.  But yeah, the last show I listened to was lame.

slipstream

All of the comments on that "Jesus Christ" show were negative.  I think he took a big hit, but can't admit that it was stupid.

EvB

Quote from: slipstream on July 10, 2008, 02:07:52 PM
All of the comments on that "Jesus Christ" show were negative.  I think he took a big hit, but can't admit that it was stupid.

Hmmmm - guess you have to like listening to theological jibber-jabber to have like it.  I did - though I did NOT like the guy's show at his site.  Understand, I didn't agree with most of what he said - I just got a kick out of the theater of it.

As for the rip Ian gave the caller I'm referring to (I haven't heard any others - don't listen enough I guess) this guy attacked Ian personally.  He criticized Ian's motive, his faith, and even implied he had behaved in a manner that was inappropriate for clergy (which, BTW - he now officially is, as of last Tuesday: The Reverend Chase Ian Punnett. I've known enough people who have done this process as second careers - with family and work to contend with - to know it's not easy at all, emotionally, spiritually, physcialy or intellectually. I thought his reaction was marvelous.

MV/Liberace!

i've said it before, and i'll say it again.  ian doesn't bother me.  as a matter of fact, i think the show should have been given to him the FIRST time art retired.  if that had happened, we'd all be asking, "mike who?" and "george who?"

love ian or hate him, i think it's undeniable that he is a far superior broadcasting talent when compared to the slow-witted, poorly read, verbally inarticulate disaster we were regrettably left with.

Max

points MV back to that email he sent me from that person that sent it to him from that other person

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Max on July 12, 2008, 09:07:23 PM
points MV back to that email he sent me from that person that sent it to him from that other person

haha... boy, thank god i understand what you're saying here.

Max

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 12, 2008, 09:11:32 PM
haha... boy, thank god i understand what you're saying here.

no kidding, that was the hardest bit of wtf after I read what I posted too...lol

VictoryAli

This may be a dumb question but it seems like every time I tune into Ian within two segments, either he'll mention his religion in some capacity or one of his guests will mention it. Ian is like a pastor at a local church isn't he? Now this may be a coincidence since I've only tuned in to listen to him four or five times, but as George Noory says "There are no Coincidences" :D

Don't get me wrong, I kind of like Ian. His sense of humor and rather awkward style is totally engaging to me. I wouldn't like him as the main host, but I do like him as the weekend guy. But I just wanted to know if anyone else is picking up on this.