• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

US Space Force

Started by Stupid Robbings, January 25, 2020, 07:36:42 PM

Gunner65

Perhaps Randy Allen Cramer can be contacted for an explanation.

Quote from: Gunner65 on January 25, 2020, 09:20:18 PM
Perhaps Randy Allen Cramer can be contacted for an explanation.

Get your coffee mug now

Uncle Duke

I'll believe it when USSFA plays it's first FBS football game.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 25, 2020, 11:18:00 PM
I'll believe it when USSFA plays it's first FBS football game.

Football?! Wouldn’t it be spaceball?

Kidnostad3

Service dress uniform for USSFA?   Or maybe a camo version with small randomly distributed stars on a black tunic so as to blend in with the Milky Way.  Yeah, that would be really sharp and a sure chick magnet.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 26, 2020, 11:28:01 AM
Service dress uniform for USSFA?   Or maybe a camo version with small randomly distributed stars on a black tunic.  Yeah, that would be really sharp.

Never liked that version. I’ve always thought that the original uniform was the coolest. STNG uniforms looked alright but led to many questions: Why a onesy? Didn’t that make going to the bathroom difficult? Etc.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 26, 2020, 11:34:03 AM
Never liked that version. I’ve always thought that the original uniform was the coolest. STNG uniforms looked alright but led to many questions: Why a onesy? Didn’t that make going to the bathroom difficult? Etc.

I agree.  It looks like something a gay Cossack might wear.  (Not that there’s anything wrong with gay Cossacks mind you.)

ItsOver

I'd shy away from any redshirt versions.

Hog

Quote from: ItsOver on January 26, 2020, 12:07:59 PM
I'd shy away from any redshirt versions.

The last words of the 5th person of all the "away teams" that teleport from Enterprise to a planets surface.

"look Captain, over here! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!"

peace
Hog

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Hog on January 27, 2020, 10:33:51 AM
The last words of the 5th person of all the "away teams" that teleport from Enterprise to a planets surface.

"look Captain, over here! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!"

peace
Hog

Bones: "He's dead, Jim."

Kirk: "You get his tricorder, I'll get his wallet."

pate

Quote from: Stupid Robbings on January 26, 2020, 07:23:22 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2020/01/18/space-forces-new-camouflage-uniforms-wont-help-you-hide-orbit-theyre-not-supposed/

The stargate guys sometimes wore woodland camouflage, as well as desert camo.  I think it had more to do with what was in vogue with the rest of the military and what sort of planet they were going to operate on.

-p

paladin1991

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 25, 2020, 11:23:50 PM
Football?! Wouldn’t it be spaceball?
As long as there are balls involved.  Right doc?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 27, 2020, 05:35:34 PM
As long as there are balls involved.  Right doc?

Obviously, your sport would be Ballball.

paladin1991

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 26, 2020, 11:39:59 AM
I agree.  It looks like something a gay Cossack might wear.  (Not that there’s anything wrong with gay Cossacks mind you.)

You spelled that wrong.  It's two words cock sucker.  Or in colloquial terms, DrMDMD

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 27, 2020, 05:37:30 PM
You spelled that wrong.  It's two words cock sucker.  Or in colloquial terms, DrMDMD

Smells like obsessed faggot in here.

paladin1991

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 27, 2020, 05:38:40 PM
Smells like obsessed faggot in here.
You're into sniffing ppls asses?  Like a dog.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 27, 2020, 05:41:18 PM
You're into sniffing ppls asses?  Like a dog.

You can’t seem to stiop talking about dicks, balls and assholes...and you think I’m gay?! ::)

pate

I wonder if the Stargate program remained with the Air Force proper or was moved over to the new Space Force sub-department?

-p

Quote from: pate on January 27, 2020, 07:24:09 PM
I wonder if the Stargate program remained with the Air Force proper or was moved over to the new Space Force sub-department?

-p

US Naval Space Command has the legacy, Black Spacecraft Fleet.  Stargate is disinformation.  Genuine ET/interdimensional entities, are fallen angels.  The new US Space Force, is just a front to extract tax dollars for misappropriation for black ops.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Stupid Robbings on January 28, 2020, 01:34:58 PM
US Naval Space Command has the legacy, Black Spacecraft Fleet.  Stargate is disinformation.  Genuine ET/interdimensional entities, are fallen angels.  The new US Space Force, is just a front to extract tax dollars for misappropriation for black ops.

Works for me. 

pate

Quote from: Stupid Robbings on January 28, 2020, 01:34:58 PM
US Naval Space Command has the legacy...

SO there are still Space Marines;  only they are now ferried about by the nascent USSF (dept. of USAF)?

-----

SGT:  "Goddammit, KowalAlphaberski!  We are going to have to pull redacted, redacted, & redacted ferom(sic) duty and reassignignate(sic) them from currant "Ms. dooty"xyz123?"

LCP: "..."

GSG: "For teh Corpse, Corpseral, for teh Corpse.  BUSTY!"

-<*ALL DRANK>-*

-----

#Legacy

-p

ediot: "Corpseral"

2witeot:  Understood, Carrie Anne!

thrEdiot:  rank 'n' suck

Hog

These are the uniforms that we got sent to Afghanistan in.(attachment at bottom) Really hides you well in, regions that are arid(NOT!).

They were still working on the CADPAT-ARID REGIONS type of camo during during initial deployment.

These are what we eventually were issued.  The green is CAnadian Disruptive PaTtern(CADPAT).  In addition to the camouflaging aspects of light within the visual range, there was an IR UV blocking component as well.
Temperate Woodland on the left  CADPAT-Arid Regions on right

I was manning a vehicle mounted TOW(Tube launched Optically tracked Wire guided) missile.  Basically an anti-armour missile that requires the shooter to stay behind the launcher and actually "steer" the missile into the target using a 2 handed "controller"(in the following pic, the guys hands are on the "controller/triggers".

Anyway, we did a comparison between the old standard olive drab uniforms and the new CADPAT_Arid Regions uniforms, and let's just say, that while having IR reduction may appear great when the powers at be are selecting equipment, at the operational level it's just a uniform.  On an Infra-Red scope, you still stick out like a sore thumb.  My first experience with any sort of military level IR imaging, it was totally dark out, no Moon, approx. 1 km away, there was a guy that had gotten out of his bed and was walking around in his boxers to take a pee.  He decided to pee next to a tree.  When he stepped away, I could see the "warmth" he left on the tree and a big patch of "heat" on the ground.

Paladin: Too long, were you able to read it? I included pics for you.

peace
Hog

paladin1991

Quote from: Hog on January 31, 2020, 08:40:18 AM
These are the uniforms that we got sent to Afghanistan in.(attachment at bottom) Really hides you well in, regions that are arid(NOT!).

They were still working on the CADPAT-ARID REGIONS type of camo during during initial deployment.

These are what we eventually were issued.  The green is CAnadian Disruptive PaTtern(CADPAT).  In addition to the camouflaging aspects of light within the visual range, there was an IR UV blocking component as well.
Temperate Woodland on the left  CADPAT-Arid Regions on right

I was manning a vehicle mounted TOW(Tube launched Optically tracked Wire guided) missile.  Basically an anti-armour missile that requires the shooter to stay behind the launcher and actually "steer" the missile into the target using a 2 handed "controller"(in the following pic, the guys hands are on the "controller/triggers".

Anyway, we did a comparison between the old standard olive drab uniforms and the new CADPAT_Arid Regions uniforms, and let's just say, that while having IR reduction may appear great when the powers at be are selecting equipment, at the operational level it's just a uniform.  On an Infra-Red scope, you still stick out like a sore thumb.  My first experience with any sort of military level IR imaging, it was totally dark out, no Moon, approx. 1 km away, there was a guy that had gotten out of his bed and was walking around in his boxers to take a pee.  He decided to pee next to a tree.  When he stepped away, I could see the "warmth" he left on the tree and a big patch of "heat" on the ground.

Paladin: Too long, were you able to read it? I included pics for you.

peace
Hog
Thanks for the pictures Hog.  That last pic, is that boyfriend that you deployed with?  Also, I have worked with 'you boys.' The PPLI.

Hog

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 06, 2020, 06:28:42 PM
Thanks for the pictures Hog.  That last pic, is that boyfriend that you deployed with?  Also, I have worked with 'you boys.' The PPLI.
Sorry Paladin, just seeing this now.  Yes, that last pic was a high school friend, who was a boy.  He's a provincial cop now and we have drifted apart for the most part.  For that pic we were both still Royal Canadian Regiment(RCR),  PPCLI(Princess Patricia Canadian Light Infantry) and a couple battalions of the RCR pulled Roto's throughout the conflict.

1)Did you work on an M109 "Paladin" crew?  or a fan of the weapons system?

It was my favourite self propelled gun.  As a kid I had books on tanks and self propelled guns.  What impressed me was the way the M109 had a "rest" where the actual gun was held in place while the gun was changing position.  I always thought, "Boy that gun must be special, for them "lock it down" in a special rest before the vehicle was moved."  Later in life when I could understand exactly what a 155mm howitzer could do was when my boyhood thoughts (no Paladin, not THOSE boyhood thoughts, the thoughts about the 155mm gun) were proven correct.  That 155mm gun WAS indeed special.

2) Are all M109's referred to as "Paladin" or just the M109A6 variant?
b) What variant did you have experience with?

The first time I worked with US troops was a Fort Custer, IIRC It was a huge ANG base in Michigan?  It was where I threw my first M-67 (C-13) hand grenades.  We had a convoy of Greyhound coaches and military trucks carrying all out ammo and explosives.  It was interesting when the border guards came up the front steps of the bus and there's C7(M16's) and C9 LMGs(SAW) littering the coach.  One of the few times Canadians entering the USA actual had more firepower than the border guards.  That changed with 9/11.

3) Were you involved in Desert Shield/Storm?  That was just before my time, but was certainly one of the reasons why I served.  In fact, if I wouldn't have been forced to give up my Canadian citizenship, must be 100% American citizen/no dual citizenships allowed for the units I was interested in, I would have had the "Stars & Stripes" Velcro'd to my shoulder instead of the Maple Leaf.  I'm pretty sure the Canadian facemask for Nuclear
Biological/Chemical is the eact same, or very similar to the US facemask which is part or was part of the US MOPP Mission Oriented Protective Posture.
Starting at the facemask, there was a tube with a fitting at the end.  That fitting fit perfectly into a fitting that was located on the screw on cap of the plastic water canteens that we were issued.  You would decontaminate the tube and the canteen fitting and then mate them. This allowed the wearer to consume fluids, without exposing themselves to pathogens.  Wearing that NBC gear during operations wasnt fun, it was so freaking hot. I remember the sweat collecting and floating around inside the mask.

IIRC Some of the Airforce guys that worked on teh ground has special MOPP gear that circulated cooling water or air through a vest that was worn.  I "heard" that the guys on the flightline would quickly become heat casualties without such devices. 
No such gizmos for us grunts. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, and STILL piss orange juice.

Thanks for any insight you may give us Paladin.  I really miss my Army days, well parts of it anyways.

peace
Hog