• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Impeachment 2020

Started by Kidnostad3, January 21, 2020, 02:08:35 PM

Kidnostad3

It's day one of the Senate Impeachment Hearings and it seems appropriate to start a board on this subject.  I thought of giving it a subtitle by adding  "and Other Democrat Fuckery" but I would be making the topic too broad and it might scare off believing liberals and other feeble minded folks whose input is always good for a chuckle. 

Today is rules and procedure day and Adam Schiff is holding forth on the unfairness of McConnol's proposal for the proceedings claiming it is rigged in favor of the President.  Yup, that's right.  The asshole who devised and oversaw the hyper partisan trump-haters circle jerk and witch burning in the House is whining about following precedent and regular order. The hypocracy is stunning. 

Juan

I’ll be interested in seeing what Schumer does with his 50+ amendments after the first couple are tabled. If he insists on arguing and voting on each, I’ll have to believe that the dims are extending this process to get rid of Bernie.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on January 21, 2020, 04:06:36 PM
I’ll be interested in seeing what Schumer does with his 50+ amendments after the first couple are tabled. If he insists on arguing and voting on each, I’ll have to believe that the dims are extending this process to get rid of Bernie.

You think?

https://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-nobody-likes-him-144423210.html

Juan

If I were Bernie I think I’d send Alexandria Ojos Locos to Iowa to campaign for me.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Juan on January 21, 2020, 04:15:44 PM
If I were Bernie I think I’d send Alexandria Ojos Locos to Iowa to campaign for me.

I think he’s got Judge Judy covering for him. 

Kidnostad3

Cipollone earned his paycheck in this one response.

https://youtu.be/7JsCLXaWFCs

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 21, 2020, 10:08:52 PM

Amen! I thought he was going to poke his finger through that podium while making some of his points. :D

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 21, 2020, 10:08:52 PM

Indeed. Though I don't like the "unitary executive" theory and the aggrandizement of the Courts or the Executive branches. Whether Obama, or whatever his name is, Trump or whomever.  Congress is bad because, although I like gridlock, they have given up, lest they lose a reelection. Or grand-stand for base votes and donors, but avoid real stands or policy votes. Let the Court(s)  decide" "Let the President do" and so on...which means let administrative law happen....no votes, really. Just expanded regulation, regulatory capture, and more "jobs" inside the Beltway.

Kidnostad3

Day 2:  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 22, 2020, 07:45:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiGGHR0fLL8

I was just about to post that.  And then there's this:

Senators urge House impeachment managers to tone it down after testy debate

"Outrageous and an insult to the Senate,” said Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex.). “We don’t need to continue the clown circus that was started in the House.”

"But several Democratic senators also spoke up to note that broadsides against Republican senators â€" four of whom they will need to vote for additional subpoenas, 20 for Trump’s conviction and removal, assuming the 47-member Democratic caucus remains united â€" might not be the wisest strategy."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/senators-urge-house-impeachment-managers-to-tone-it-down-after-testy-debate/2020/01/22/e515807a-3d36-11ea-b90d-5652806c3b3a_story.html

Kidnostad3

Kidnostad3

Can someone who knows what they’re doing please move this thread to the Politics folder.   Much obliged.

Norm

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 24, 2020, 12:06:51 AM
Can someone who knows what they’re doing please move this thread to the Politics folder.   Much obliged.

You betcha, I'll get right on it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on January 24, 2020, 09:12:58 AM
https://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2020/01/well-heres-surprise.html

What’s disgraceful is that this sham was allowed to take place at all. I suppose you won’t answer to the fact that what they’re trying to impeach him on was also done by VP Biden on behalf of Obama, you raging hypocrite. ::) ::)

Juan

At least we don’t have Harry and Meghan.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 24, 2020, 10:43:14 AM
What’s disgraceful is that this sham was allowed to take place at all. I suppose you won’t answer to the fact that what they’re trying to impeach him on was also done by VP Biden on behalf of Obama, you raging hypocrite. ::) ::)
Yep.  The demonrats have been planning this since President Trump was duly elected.  I wouldn't be surprised if lunatic Pelosi tries it again, after the Senate is finished flushing this Schiff show.

expat

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 24, 2020, 10:43:14 AM

You presume too much, sir. I made no comment whatsoever about the appropriateness of the impeachment. My complaint is that a flagrant breach of the senate rules looks like going unpunished. I fail to see how that makes me a hypocrite. Please withdraw the accusation.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on January 24, 2020, 01:11:43 PM
You presume too much, sir. I made no comment whatsoever about the appropriateness of the impeachment. My complaint is that a flagrant breach of the senate rules looks like going unpunished. I fail to see how that makes me a hypocrite. Please withdraw the accusation.

I didn’t hear you complaining about such technical matters when the Dems weren’t allowing proper procedure at the house level, such as not allowing Republicans to cross examine or call witnesses. It was a total star chamber. Stalin would be proud.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 24, 2020, 01:17:14 PM
I didn’t hear you complaining about such techincal matters

expat

I didn’t hear you complaining about such techincal matters when the Dems weren’t allowing proper procedure at the house level, such as not allowing Republicans to cross examine or call witnesses. It was a total star chamber. Stalin would be proud.

You didn't hear it because I never said or wrote it. That still does not make me a hypocrite. Please withdraw the accusation.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on January 24, 2020, 01:29:52 PM
You didn't hear it because I never said or wrote it. That still does not make me a hypocrite. Please withdraw the accusation.

Well, if you’re not a hypocrite you really are standing on the line. You really don’t think you’re using two different standards by which to judge?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on January 24, 2020, 01:27:47 PM

Why haven’t you posted in the Circumcision thread yet?!

analog kid

I didn’t hear you complaining about such technical matters when the Dems weren’t allowing proper procedure at the house level, such as not allowing Republicans to cross examine or call witnesses. It was a total star chamber. Stalin would be proud.

That isn't true though. They were there and they could have called witnesses. When they're saying that, they're obviously lying. Why do you think they're blocking witnesses from testifying now? Why are they blocking evidence from being released?

There's a brain in there somewhere. Surely you can look at it subjectively for a few seconds. Unplug your cortex from Michael Weiner for a few minutes and think about it.

What you say is absolutely true. However, you fail to address the substance of Expat's concerns.  Did you commission him to write about something else?

Quote from: expat on January 24, 2020, 01:11:43 PM

Senate rules are written by, the Senate.  Senate rules are not stated in the Constitution.  Senate rules can only be enforced by the Senate, provided that there is no conflict of law between the Senate rules and the Constitution.  The Supreme Court decides matters of Constitutionality, but can't force the Senate to do anything.  The President is the one Constitutionally mandated to enforce the law.

expat

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 24, 2020, 01:44:10 PM
Well, if you’re not a hypocrite you really are standing on the line. You really don’t think you’re using two different standards by which to judge?

No I emphatically DO NOT. I made no judgement at all, at any time, on the impeachment proceedings in the HoR. Please withdraw the accusation.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on January 24, 2020, 02:33:33 PM
No I emphatically DO NOT. I made no judgement at all, at any time, on the impeachment proceedings in the HoR. Please withdraw the accusation.

Fine. Withdrawn.  ::)