• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Wife started a YouTube channel

Started by Grov505th, January 17, 2020, 08:24:10 AM

Grov505th

Guys,
Need some help. Wife started a YouTube channel.  It’s about snorkeling and finding things in the water.
What I need is some help with ideas on how to make it better...
It’s called the Underwater Canuck.
If you all can check it out and give me some ideas to pass on to her, this was the first year and we are going to try to make it better.
Plus it will help me out when I do mine.

Thanks

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Grov505th on January 17, 2020, 08:24:10 AM
Guys,
Need some help. Wife started a YouTube channel.  It’s about snorkeling and finding things in the water.
If you all can check it out and give me some ideas to pass on to her, this was the first year and we are going to try to make it better.

Thanks

Can you provide a direct url to the channel? Thx.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Liberace! on January 17, 2020, 10:11:58 AM
Can you provide a direct url to the channel? Thx.

She's wet and has something in her mouth, that's all the information we red-blooded types require. I wouldn't expect you to understand, you sequined pansy.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 17, 2020, 10:41:29 AM
She's wet and has something in her mouth, that's all the information we red-blooded types require. I wouldn't expect you to understand, you sequined pansy.

I only have carnal relations with women. Haven't you seen how they fawn over me at my shows? I'm voracious! Yes, women want me and men want to be me.

-Lee

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Liberace! on January 17, 2020, 01:38:38 PM
I only have carnal relations with women. Haven't you seen how they fawn over me at my shows? I'm voracious! Yes, women want me and men want to be me.

-Lee

As one pianist to another, I'm amazed you ever had a career with those limp wrists of yours. It's people like you that make people think we're all weirdos.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=57kR6RsV2iA

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 17, 2020, 01:44:53 PM
...I'm amazed you ever had a career with those limp wrists of yours.

My gelatinous wrists made those octave sweeps so much more effortless than the lumbering futility you call playing, but you'd already know this if you'd played on anything other than a Fisher Price.

Edit:
-Lee

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Liberace! on January 17, 2020, 02:00:32 PM
My gelatinous wrists made those octave sweeps so much more effortless than the lumbering futility you call playing, but you'd already know this if you'd played on anything other than a Fisher Price.

Edit:
-Lee

What a venomous bitch! I'd tell you to die of AiDS, if you hadn't already died of AIDS.

Rat Fink

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 17, 2020, 02:20:22 PM
What a venomous bitch! I'd tell you to die of AiDS, if you hadn't already died of AIDS.

Very rude comment.  I am Rat Fink.

Uncle Duke

Guys,

Thanks

Some interesting finds, enjoyed the couple videos I watched.

A colleague of mine found a body in a tributary of the Potomac several years ago while fishing.  He called 911 and cooperated fully with the police who responded, but detectives kept showing up asking him questions for several months.  He was a old white guy; the victim was a young, black gangbanger with a lengthy rap sheet who lived forty miles from where he was found.  He thought they were trying to get him to admit to having had something to do with the guy's death.  His advice, if you find a dead body, go the other way and let somebody else find/report it.

aldousburbank

Guys,

Find Jimmy Hoffa.

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 17, 2020, 03:28:12 PM
Find Jimmy Hoffa.
And while your wife's looking for Jimmy, have her take this guy with her, sans gear.

Grov505th

I don’t even think the catfish or turtles would touch him....but I do have some extra lead weights...

ItsOver

Quote from: Grov505th on January 19, 2020, 10:04:33 AM
I don’t even think the catfish or turtles would touch him....but I do have some extra lead weights...
Tell your wife to bring some of these along, too.  Turkee on whole wheat.  It should help lure him into the water.

MV/Liberace!

Guys,

I watched the video you posted.  I'd suggest she search where people are likely to have lost more interesting items, including (or even primarily) ditched guns.  BTW, the gun angle opens up the possibility of followup videos to let viewers know what the police concluded after running the serial numbers.  It's just that it isn't especially interesting watching someone recover unwearable sunglasses and ruined phones.

I'm curious as to what she eventually does with the stuff she recovers?  Does it get thrown away?  I'd imagine quite a hoard building up if you held on to everything.

Grov505th

This was the first year, we started going to where folks go tubing down the river. We are trying to find more places to go this upcoming summer.
She also has been in contact with folks and trying to find stuff they lost, they give her the general area and she looks around.
There are a couple highway bridges that we want to check out, that would probably be the best place for guns and such.
The objects she finds, she tries to get working again. She returned 2 iPhones to their owners, but most of them are trashed. A lot of the stuff that comes up has a coating of river scum on it.
I really want her to do good with the YouTube channel, its getting her out of a funk that she has been in, plus she is learning how to edit videos and such.
And isn’t Hoffa buried up in NJ somewhere?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Grov505th on January 20, 2020, 04:08:38 AM
She also has been in contact with folks and trying to find stuff they lost, they give her the general area and she looks around.

That's a good angle, too.

Grov505th

Thanks! Any feed back will be passed on and appreciated

I think it’s fine. I like watching magnet fishing, sort of reminds me of that.

I’d be hesitant posting my wife’s YouTube channel in Bellgab though, if I were you. Everyone here at Bellgab is admittedly a troll.

She’s a seemingly pleasant lovely woman who likes to dive for things. A lot of the more popular youtubersndo a lot of editing for what that is worth.

WOTR

Quote from: Grov505th on January 22, 2020, 04:07:56 AM
Thanks! Any feed back will be passed on and appreciated

OK... I have no idea why a year or two back I watched a couple of river diving videos. I assume it came up on my suggested feed and I left it run in the background. But I will also admit that it was kind of interesting, and that I loaded more than one.

I went searching for the channel. Dallmyd. I'm sure you have probably seen him if you are doing these videos. (I also saw a couple of others- but his stuck out.) I don't know if he's one of the people who is genuinely always "on" and excited. But after awhile I found his "thumbs up" and screaming in excitement at finding even a used sandwich baggie a little too much- but 30 million views says maybe it is just me...

I did watch a couple of your videos. As for feedback... (please realize that I did enjoy them- but there are a few changes that I think might help. Take it for what it's worth...)

The preamble to the video is important. What am I going to see? What are "we" hunting for? If somebody asked you to search for their raybans, then we can follow along and be happy if found or at least have anticipation when she grabs a no-name pair. There is something to be following along for.

The fact that she found the iphone's owner needed more time. "We contacted the owner. The phone was in the river for 2 months. Lost when tubing and taking a selfie..." I think there could have been quite a bit more to that one item than the short time spent.

This one may be touchy... I assume it is snorkeling and not scuba? No big deal. But keep the camera submerged. Every time it breaks the surface we are reminded that she is not 15 feet deep. The illusion of the times when you don't see the surface of the water broken lets you be in another world. The perspective can make it appear that she is diving deep. I believe that is the reason that dive shows are popular- we can leave this world behind and tag along under water in a different realm- a place we are not meant to inhabit. The interruptions breaking the surface could be edited out Not the ones where she surfaces to show off a phone- the ones that appear to be grabbing a breath or unintentional. I might also surface in a deeper part of the river (again giving the impression that the water is not shallow.)

Now to what I liked... I liked the excitement when she found the phone. That energy was great and while not easily faked (or at least convincingly faked) it would be nice to see a little more of it during the wrap up as well. Not over the top... But "hey, look at all of the stuff that we pulled out. This might be useful, these will clean up well- and we pulled out five dozen bottles and 30 lbs of rubbish."

I also think that perhaps my comment about the preamble was an earlier video? The one posted on Oct 14? was great. Discussion about the weather, the river, the raybans she is wearing. All ties in well- very nice. (I also seem to think that it had a lot less of her surfacing compared to the one video where I had found it distracting.)

The knife looked nice. "I'm gonna clean this up and it will make a great blade." I think she said it was a kershaw. Even if it is a little too rusted, we get to think it has a second life and is not just rubbish.

She has a great voice for narration. (I hear there is a radio program somewhere need of a host.)  ;) O.K... Maybe not her gig. But her voice is great for this.
I liked that she stressed the clean up aspect and safety aspect of kids and glass as well. How many pounds of junk taken out?

I'm sure that the wrap up is spontaneous. A little more "script" planning how it ties in together would have her mentioning the kids in the tubes and bare feet at the same time that we see the broke shards of glass she removed. Just little things.

Finally, some additional interaction in the video. Many of the youtube channels I had seen had a second person (even if it's just you on land and she shouts her excitement finding the Iphone to you.) It would make it feel less lonely- less confined to one person, and more connected (I realize that I had said that inhabiting a different realm was important earlier... But I think the video can have both.)

The exact video that I recall had the one diver haul out a toilet and offer it to fishermen (bystanders.) I would not suggest that she go "full Senda" (If you don't get the comment, please consider yourself fortunate.) But I'm sure she has some interactions with tubers in the river who are curious what she is up to that could be included?

I know it's a long list. A lot of little things. Overall, please let her know that the videos were as enjoyable as any of the underwater river treasure videos. No guns- no submerged car- but still enjoyable. Also know that youtube (google) has completely fucked up the world (again.) Their algorithms are going to make it very difficult to ever get a million hits. It used to be that her video might get tied in with another and attract people to watch it the first time and get "hooked." If google does not drive any traffic to the videos, people will not find them.

You mentioned that she is doing this and it is helping with a "funk." Please remind her that the videos are good and while having a thousand people watch them would be great she can be proud of the work without having strangers approve.

Finally- why underwater Canuck? You are in the US?

Grov505th

WOTR- Thanks for the feed back!  I will pass it along to here.
The name is because she is Canadian..she likes to tell people I am her green card!
She is working on the editing, I think this all started out as a lark, something for us to do together when I am home and we weren’t going to video it or anything. It just kinda started on the second one we did. 
It is Snorkeling because the river we go to is shallow, but we are working on a Road Trip that will include diving.

Again guys and gals I appreciate all the feed back.

Grov505th

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 22, 2020, 08:38:02 PM
I think it’s fine. I like watching magnet fishing, sort of reminds me of that.

I’d be hesitant posting my wife’s YouTube channel in Bellgab though, if I were you. Everyone here at Bellgab is admittedly a troll.

She’s a seemingly pleasant lovely woman who likes to dive for things. A lot of the more popular youtubersndo a lot of editing for what that is worth.

She is working on the magnet fishing because its too cold for snorkeling and I know, but some of you all are ok and know a shit ton about editing and video work

Grov505th

Here is her best of 2019 video.
https://youtu.be/eCFAQ5P1Ulo

She got some editing software and is trying it out.
If you like it, please subscribe!   
Hopefully when it gets warmer she will go back into the river.

Jojo

Looking forward to this soon.  Bookmarked.

You should try magnet fishing sort of similar.

Grov505th

She is working on those videos too!!!!

Jojo

Quote from: Grov505th on January 18, 2020, 07:36:19 AM
Here is one to a video:
https://youtu.be/aoF9xKnsgzQ
The music is very nice, the beginning is fun, and I didn't notice any underwater splices.  That's quite a deal, to have a camera and still be able to work with both hands!  When she comes up, the top of the water looks much clearer and the sunlight reflects off of it, so maybe she could let us see the terrain above water too.  It must be very pretty.  Maybe before going down each time, just slowly turn so we can see what part of the river she is at.  Some of the water seems deep on camera, but maybe not?  Longer selfie stick or tripod in the beginning?  I think this is great!