• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

POTUS Makes Good On Threat-U.S. Strike Kills Senior Iranian Commander Soleimani

Started by starrmtn001, January 02, 2020, 11:06:18 PM

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2020, 06:43:39 PM
Why stop there at energy facilities (NIORDC and nuclear) or military targets- or even just Iran? Maybe take a real wild swing and end the whole madness and conflict.  Hit Qom, Tel Aviv, Mecca, Jerusalem, Medina, Damascus, Istanbul, Hebron, Baghdad, and so on....and a preemptive strike on China and N.Korea.   

I'm kidding, of course! I am kidding.

Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD), of course, or Russia would have done that already.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 07, 2020, 06:39:31 PM
Eisenhower kept the USSR at bay by making the reds believe that he was crazy enough to launch a peremptory nuclear strike.

“The New Look was the name given to the national security policy of the United States during the administration of President Dwight D. Eisenhower. It reflected Eisenhower's concern for balancing the Cold War military commitments of the United States with the nation's financial resources. The policy emphasized reliance on strategic nuclear weapons to deter potential threats, both conventional and nuclear, from the Eastern Bloc of nations headed by the Soviet Union.” 

I think Trump is deliberately cultivating the idea that he is willing to do whatever it takes to protect American lives and interests.  I think he’ll probably take out some infrastructure, most likely launch facilities, oil fields and petroleum storage facilities.

If he hits those targets, I'll breathe easier.  If he starts hitting C3I targets, that probably means a much bigger plan in the works.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 07, 2020, 06:46:14 PM
If he hits those targets, I'll breathe easier.  If he starts hitting C3I targets, that probably means a much bigger plan in the works.

C3I targets? ???

What could be bigger than hitting C3I targets?  Wouldn't that be even better to enable liberation for Persians?

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 07, 2020, 06:50:57 PM
Large bag?

[tweet]1214705930341888000[/tweet]
Rense would opine that it was likely some KFC or some fast-food hamburgers filled with GMOs and chemicals and some diet Cokes with aspartame for Trump while the war hawks and neo-cons trick him into more wars.....

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2020, 06:54:55 PM
Rense would opine that it was likely some KFC or some fast-food hamburgers filled with GMOs and chemicals and some diet Cokes with aspartame for Trump while the war hawks and neo-cons trick him into more wars.....

War burgers?   Oh shit!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Stupid Robbings on January 07, 2020, 06:57:25 PM
In Canada it's considered quite rude to ask at the grocery check out register for a, 'sack'.

Canadians think a lot of things are rude, like freedom. ;)

Quote from: Asuka Langley on January 07, 2020, 07:01:07 PM
OH FUG WHERE DA BURGER? :DDD

Fr Malachi Martin, PhD, wrote that it's The United States, The European Union, Russia, and The Vatican, which vie for World domination.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/818146.The_Keys_of_This_Blood

Kidnostad3

He’ll have to hit C3I targets to some extent if manned aircraft are used but if he goes for it on a large scale to include power sources, physical LOC’s, etc., Trump will have a proportionality problem.  He would do well to hit key Naval facilities and any warships/small craft that can be located to limit their ability to disrupt shipping. 

Juan

Hit their navy hard. Use ours to block the Straits of Hormuz. With fracking, we don't need middle eastern oil anymore.
Also, I'm getting tired of the Washington types talking about sending a message. Fuck messages. Destroy important stuff.

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 07, 2020, 07:07:06 PM
He’ll have to hit C3I targets to some extent if manned aircraft are used but if he goes for it on a large scale to include power sources, physical LOC’s, etc., Trump will have a proportionality problem.  He would do well to hit key Naval facilities and any warships/small craft that can be located to limit their ability to disrupt shipping.

What do we care about proportionality?
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/476854-trump-warns-of-disproportionate-response-if-iran-strikes-us-targets

The President yesterday declared:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1214197038063243266

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 07, 2020, 07:07:06 PM

That was my point.  If he just flings a few dozen cruise missiles, and that's all he's going to do, then no need to hit the C3I targets. As you say, a more proportional response.  If C3I is hit, then yeah, that means manned a/c and a much more robust response that could escalate.  Reagan took out much of their navy back in the 80s during the oil platform war, not sure what they have in the way of serious warships.  Lots of those glorified Chris Crafts, and those cute like one man skimmers.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Stupid Robbings on January 07, 2020, 07:15:14 PM
What do we care about proportionality?
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/476854-trump-warns-of-disproportionate-response-if-iran-strikes-us-targets

As UD indicated, if he goes too far with infrastructure it might look like preps for invasion and regime change which is a whole different kettle of fish. 

Quote from: Juan on January 07, 2020, 07:10:17 PM
Hit their navy hard. Use ours to block the Straits of Hormuz. With fracking, we don't need middle eastern oil anymore.
Also, I'm getting tired of the Washington types talking about sending a message. Fuck messages. Destroy important stuff.

Glad to hear you say that.  Ironically, Iran threatens to close the Strait, so that Europe won't get either their's nor Saudi oil.  Iran seeks nuclear power, yet they don't even know how to build oil refineries.  They have to import gasoline.  Iran is already crippled by sanctions.  Without gasoline, they're totally screwed.  We don't even need to bomb them, other than to leave them completely defenseless.  Actually, that's a good idea.  Then the new democracy can pay US for new infrastructure and weapons.

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 07, 2020, 07:23:42 PM
As UD indicated, if he goes too far with infrastructure it might look like preps for invasion and regime change which is a whole different kettle of fish.

A better kettle of fish.  It's high time that the United States supports the Persian people in their quest for liberation.  The people in Tehran are pro US.  It was ignorant fools from the countryside who were transported to the city to protest against the US during the Iranian Revolution.  The city dwellers were Shaw supporters.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 07, 2020, 07:21:54 PM
That was my point.  If he just flings a few dozen cruise missiles, and that's all he's going to do, then no need to hit the C3I targets. As you say, a more proportional response.  If C3I is hit, then yeah, that means manned a/c and a much more robust response that could escalate.  Reagan took out much of their navy back in the 80s during the oil platform war, not sure what they have in the way of serious warships.  Lots of those glorified Chris Crafts, and those cute like one man skimmers.

It took Reagan only one afternoon to accomplish that, too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Praying_Mantis

Quote from: Richard Groyper on January 07, 2020, 07:34:16 PM
Iran should nuke Israel. i am Richard Groyper.

You're trying to frame him, that is.

Actually, Russia has nukes in Iran, but Russia has no serious interest in nuking Israel.  Russia does have interest in higher priced oil.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Stupid Robbings on January 07, 2020, 07:27:08 PM
A better kettle of fish.  It's high time that the United States supports the Persian people in their quest for liberation.  The people in Tehran are pro US.  It was ignorant fools from the countryside who were transported to the city to protest against the US during the Iranian Revolution.  The city dwellers were Shaw supporters.