• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Name Something You Trust More Than Democrats

Started by pyewacket, December 09, 2019, 10:00:27 PM

Rix Gins

Whatever can be seen while peeking through a keyhole with a glass eye.

Rix Gins

Quote from: WOTR on December 12, 2019, 04:22:32 AM
I always found the early freaks to be of real interest. At a time when there was not the safety net and public programs to help support them, it was a damn good living. On the one hand, you are hired to perform as a freak- to act like the missing link and to be pointed at, laughed at and commented on. On the other hand, often you are making more than most doctors or lawyers.

If you have ever read about Zippy the pinhead (he was in freaks) you find that he was severely mentally handicapped- but he loved performing. When he was put in an institution after his guardian died, the doctors found him to be extremely depressed and released him to another performer who took him out on the road again. They say that at the end of his life he would perform on the street (or beach? I really don't recall the specifics) and just wanted the attention.

I seem to recall that Tom Thumb actually lent the money to the circus to stay financially solvent for awhile as he was loaded. It strikes me that you would not do that for a place where you were mistreated, made to feel out of place, or for a job you despised.

Gabba Gabba, Hey!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1CruTgaD1M

Schlitzie was performing on the sidewalks of Hollywood about the time that I was living there.  I didn't see him though, because I would have surely remembered it if I had.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlitzie

https://youtu.be/jDK1BCOM138

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Rix Gins on December 13, 2019, 03:39:39 PM
Schlitzie was performing on the sidewalks of Hollywood about the time that I was living there.  I didn't see him though, because I would have surely remembered it if I had.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlitzie

https://youtu.be/jDK1BCOM138

Damn.  My cousin Ralphie is the spitting image of this dude.  Wonder if we’re related.

VC

Trust K_Dubb's Christmas Cookies baked for his favorite Bellgabbers like MD and VC/ZaZa and you know whom else...

All frogs on a log posting to this thread...

[attachment=1,msg1369075]

Come home for Christmas and bring Shreddie back with you and some froggy cookies too. We miss you!  :-*

WOTR

Quote from: VC on December 13, 2019, 10:42:02 PM
Trust K_Dubb's Christmas Cookies baked for his favorite Bellgabbers like MD and VC/ZaZa and you know whom else...

All frogs on a log posting to this thread...

[attachment=1,msg1369075]

Come home for Christmas and bring Shreddie back with you and some froggy cookies too. We miss you!  :-*

Strange... I had considered this thread to be good for a chuckle. Tonight I had decided on a new contribution to upset everybody equally...

"An orange man with a bad comb-over..."

pyewacket

Quote from: WOTR on December 14, 2019, 01:52:28 AM
Strange... I had considered this thread to be good for a chuckle. Tonight I had decided on a new contribution to upset everybody equally...

"An orange man with a bad comb-over..."

I am happy that you understood that this was all in good fun, WOTR. Not intended to hurt or name call, just a chance for BGs to use their creative humor.

I admit that hurt a bit. I have always enjoyed chatting with K_Dubb. I am far from a "bunker mentality" person because I would not turn down the chance to learn something or pass up an opportunity to grow my consciousness. That is why I left the religion I was raised in and developed political views apart from my family and most of the people I grew up with.

That being said- this is exactly why I reject the left and the Democrat party. They demonstrate true bunker mentality and have little tolerance for dissent among their ranks. They reveal more of their authoritarian nature each day.

I am happy here as one of the frogs on the log.

We also make a tasty treat.

Lilith

Quote from: pyewacket on December 14, 2019, 08:25:03 AM
I am happy that you understood that this was all in good fun, WOTR. Not intended to hurt or name call, just a chance for BGs to use their creative humor.

I admit that hurt a bit. I have always enjoyed chatting with K_Dubb. I am far from a "bunker mentality" person because I would not turn down the chance to learn something or pass up an opportunity to grow my consciousness. That is why I left the religion I was raised in and developed political views apart from my family and most of the people I grew up with.

That being said- this is exactly why I reject the left and the Democrat party. They demonstrate true bunker mentality and have little tolerance for dissent among their ranks. They reveal more of their authoritarian nature each day.

Praise MV!

#CircleOfFriendsâ,,¢

Rat Fink

Yes. Bellgab is nice circle of friends.  lol

K_Dubb

I'm sorry, Pye dear.  That was a horrible thing to say.  I really meant to condemn not only you but everyone who ever posted in this abominable thread and everyone who read it, their children, and their children's children down to the third and fourth generation.

I don't tend to like democrats any more than you do but the day I dutifully line up with my rock in my little hand like some beetlebrowed Hajji on the way to stone the devil I have ceased to exist as self-critical, thinking entity and you can haul me out behind the barn.

Merry Christmas everyone from K-Dubb & Shreddie! 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 14, 2019, 10:27:46 AM
I'm sorry, Pye dear.  That was a horrible thing to say.  I really meant to condemn not only you but everyone who ever posted in this abominable thread and everyone who read it, their children, and their children's children down to the third and fourth generation.

I don't tend to like democrats any more than you do but the day I dutifully line up with my rock in my little hand like some beetlebrowed Hajji on the way to stone the devil I have ceased to exist as self-critical, thinking entity and you can haul me out behind the barn.

So, you’re so self-critical that you can’t point out and make fun of obvious corruption, hypocrisy and double speak?! How uncritically partisan of you. I think it may be time to feed your dozen stray cats. ::) ::)

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2019, 11:16:04 AM
So, you’re so self-critical that you can’t point out and make fun of obvious corruption, hypocrisy and double speak?! How uncritically partisan of you. I think it may be time to feed your dozen stray cats. ::) ::)

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2019, 11:16:04 AM
I think it may be time to feed your dozen stray cats. ::) ::)

That would be about the only use for those dreadful Scottish sardines you have been pimping, with -- what fresh horror is this! -- vegetables in them!  You wouldn't know a decent sardine if it swam up your kilt and bit you in the ass.

WOTR

I would say that I am a Christian... However, when a cleaver comedian comes on and makes some (often true) observations of the religion I often find myself laughing. I'm pretty certain that I have never became so entrenched politically that I can't see flaws in the party that I support or occasionally prod them.

Now, things that I would trust more... A certain verbose poster from the pacific northwest and his English lover friend.  ;)

VC

Quote from: WOTR on December 14, 2019, 01:55:01 PMNow, things that I would trust more... A certain verbose poster from the pacific northwest and his English lover friend.  ;)

He certainly has a thang for ZaZa too.

Now, where is that sardine thread we've all been waiting for his expertise to provide his recipes and recommendations within the verbal dances he struts about in?

Lilith

Quote from: VC on December 14, 2019, 02:16:04 PM

Now, where is that sardine thread we've all been waiting for his expertise to provide his recipes and recommendations within the verbal dances he struts about in?

K_Dubb

Quote from: VC on December 14, 2019, 02:16:04 PM

I have already opined on that subject:  there is only one sardine, King Oscar.

The best way to have it is on rugbrød (or, failing that, any of the dark German whole-grain breads that are really more of a slow-baked soured porridge) which you have lightly toasted to bring out the sweetness and spread with plenty of butter.  Lay the sardines neatly on top of sliced still-warm barely hard-boiled egg.  A little mustard may be added if you must but discreetly under the fish so no one can see your shame.

Now watch, brig will be after us for not posting on the topic.  You really are a frightful scold, dear.  I've never knowingly posted on topic in my life and I'm not about to start now.

K_Dubb

And you eat it like a Christian, with knife and fork.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 14, 2019, 01:51:46 PM
That would be about the only use for those dreadful Scottish sardines you have been pimping, with -- what fresh horror is this! -- vegetables in them!  You wouldn't know a decent sardine if it swam up your kilt and bit you in the ass.

Sure! Change the subject. ::)

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2019, 04:25:55 PM
Sure! Change the subject. ::)

I grappled briefly with your main point but the slippery little bugger got clean away from me and now I can't find him any more.  I doubt you can, either.  Now all I have is a headache and regret for trying.

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on December 14, 2019, 02:39:20 PM
Great. It has been a decade- but now I'm craving rollmops. (Pickled herring.)
While good, you haven't had the best herring unless you've had the "new herring" (aka Hollandse maatjes, Hollandse nieuwe.) Caughted, brined, filleted on the spot and eaten whole. Yum. Rumors claim the reason the Dutch are statistically one of the talled peoples in Europe was that they relied on fish (protein) when much of the rest of Europe was relying on grains for sustinence.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 14, 2019, 05:01:07 PM
I grappled briefly with your main point but the slippery little bugger got clean away from me and now I can't find him any more.  I doubt you can, either.  Now all I have is a headache and regret for trying.

Sure I can! I was pointing out your massive hypocrisy, how you’ll only be critical of conservatives but obvious liberal corruption gets a pass from you. Not only that but you accuse those of us who are making fun of being rock throwing jihadis. I guess you got nowhere else to go?

Kidnostad3

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 14, 2019, 10:27:46 AM

Fair enough.  Can I use your rock? 

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2019, 06:11:53 PM
Sure I can! I was pointing out your massive hypocrisy, how you’ll only be critical of conservatives but obvious liberal corruption gets a pass from you. Not only that but you accuse those of us who are making fun of being rock throwing jihadis. I guess you got nowhere else to go?

Oh ok but why should I go somewhere else to seek consensus when that is the very thing to which I object?  I think we are at our best and most entertaining when we squabble and fight so I do my bit on occasion.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 14, 2019, 07:05:00 PM
Oh ok but why should I go somewhere else to seek consensus when that is the very thing to which I object?  I think we are at our best and most entertaining when we squabble and fight so I do my bit on occasion.

I just think it would be more contrairian of you, especially for someone like you, to actually be critical of the corruption of the deep state rather than of those that are. It really seems like you’re taking the pussy way out. Resume faggorty.

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 14, 2019, 07:05:00 PM
I have understood this about you ever since you pretended that the butter tart was not the superior tart just to disagree. I knew that you didn't believe in the argument that you were making, and that you recognized that there was no debate to be had. Yet you soldiered on- grasping at straws and setting up straw men to knock down.

A forum is always better with some debate and some disagreement. I was just sad to see you posting it "off board" where some of us were likely to not see it and not respond.

Now things trusted more...

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2019, 10:47:35 PM
I just think it would be more contrairian of you, especially for someone like you, to actually be critical of the corruption of the deep state rather than of those that are. It really seems like you’re taking the pussy way out. Resume faggorty.

Ok we're down to your favorite words.  I'm surprised it took this long.  If I actually gave a shit I would school you on how to argue like a man instead of begging for affirmation like a quivering puddle of insecurity.