• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jihad 20191129

Started by Juan, November 29, 2019, 02:58:54 PM

Juan

London and The Hague today. Time to nuke?

pate

Nukes are always an option.

How many and where?

A friend of mine once told me that at work they had a "thought experiment;"  you get a dozen nuclear weapons in the current US inventory.  You get to pick the targets.  I think it was a dozen, but for the sake of conversation we can make it a dozen.  He even provided a neat tool called Nukemap that used Google maps and had a listing of different warheads and stuff, that would put a circle of the appropriate diameter showing 100% killzones, 50% killzones and the persistent radiation zones.  Had tools for airburst/groundburst etc, was pretty neat.  I think you could save your "work" and create a link to it that you could share.  It looks like that thing is broken, maybe it's my browser it's been a few years.

My "solution" was to drop 11 in a ring around Mecca on the land only, since it was my understanding that it is a requirement of Islam that one make a pilgrimage at least once in one's lifetime, on foot to Mecca if able.  I was advised that nuking Mecca itself was probably a bad idea, so I used the map to create a radiation zone around Mecca that would be impassable on land.  You could still make the hajj, but it would probably be one of the last things you did as walking through the radiologically active zone would probably not be too healthy... The 12th nuke I elected to keep in reserve.

Apparently his buddies back at the intel shop thought my "solution" was both elegant and amusing.

-p

ediot:  got it to work in a different browser, here's my "solution," I don't think the Saudi Arabians would appreciate it: 

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/?t=f74e3bb7d2d3930f4f611b19b3492f07

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on November 29, 2019, 02:58:54 PM
London and The Hague today. Time to nuke?
I'm not sure the bankers, insurance companies, and insurance underwriters would appreciate us nuking London and Den Haag. The UN would also be troubled.  ;) On the other hand nobody could be convicted of a war crime post-nuking since the ICC would be "gone!"

I think just a sane immigration policy and rooting out the dangerous Muslims already ensconced is a better option. And seizing their assets- and assets of their "royals" held in our banks, private and public, their real estate holdings, their football/soccer teams, and putting an embargo on all travel, arm sales, or hydrocarbon sales on those countries...and the let local Muslims sort it out between themselves.

Also bring back legal piracy and our countries, or in some cases royals, issue letters of marque and allow privateers to go after vessels flagged or originating from Muslim nations.

Juan

Ron Paul’s suggestion was Letters of Marque.

Dr. MD MD

Read my lips: No new nukes.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on November 29, 2019, 05:57:30 PM
Ron Paul’s suggestion was Letters of Marque.
Ron Paul was right on many subjects.  We also could bring back the associated filibuster/freebooting idea to help fight the cartels and corrupt Mexican and Central/South American regimes and the Muslim menace and Yellow Peril around the world.This could be more effective than using our troops and wealth or, as we increasingly do, outsourcing to foreign or purely mercenary firms and people financed by our countries. Bounties on poachers also to help protect endangered animals in places like Africa etc? Or privately-based border protection> Maybe with bounties for arrests or ROEs that allow deadly force in circumstances of armed or criminal invaders? Just throwing various options out there.

Maybe let private armies, for their own profit, take them out! Tax-free on all bounty gained from groups, countries, or people identified by the DOS as terrorists or enemies but also "at your own risk" and don't think you will be rescued if your mission fails. But some enterprising ex-military group, or billionaire, could fund his own army and take down a cartel or sheik and come up with all kind of wealth. Even if just hit and run or, for the more ambitious, full country take-overs or coups!  As the Bard said: "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the dogs of war."  Bring back the personal and private profit incentive to warfare against our enemies, maybe?
Just 'thinking outside the box.....'   

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on November 29, 2019, 06:42:09 PM
Ron Paul was right on many subjects.  We also could bring back the associated filibuster/freebooting idea to help fight the cartels and corrupt Mexican and Central/South American regimes and the Muslim menace and Yellow Peril around the world.This could be more effective than using our troops and wealth or, as we increasingly do, outsourcing to foreign or purely mercenary firms and people financed by our countries. Bounties on poachers also to help protect endangered animals in places like Africa etc? Or privately-based border protection> Maybe with bounties for arrests or ROEs that allow deadly force in circumstances of armed or criminal invaders? Just throwing various options out there.

Maybe let private armies, for their own profit, take them out! Tax-free on all bounty gained from groups, countries, or people identified by the DOS as terrorists or enemies but also "at your own risk" and don't think you will be rescued if your mission fails. But some enterprising ex-military group, or billionaire, could fund his own army and take down a cartel or sheik and come up with all kind of wealth. Even if just hit and run or, for the more ambitious, full country take-overs or coups!  As the Bard said: "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the dogs of war."  Bring back the personal and private profit incentive to warfare against our enemies, maybe?
Just 'thinking outside the box.....'

You’re absolutely right.  What we need is a corporatized mongol horde that works on a contract basis.  I’m not talking about security contractors here, I’m talking about competing providers of scalable offensive warfare who can field Armies, Corps, Brigades, or Divisions, etc. depending on the level of effort required.  You know, sort of a renta-force deal with bonus incentives for fast results while minimizing rape, loot and plunder.  What a concept!!!