• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Oh, Canada! ::)

Started by Dr. MD MD, November 13, 2019, 07:28:45 AM

Dr. MD MD

On a recent trip to Canada I noticed that the demographics have realiy seemed to change. I was only in Ontario so not the whole country but still from this limited sample I think from now on I’m going to start referring to Canada as India/China 2.0.

Asuka Langley

Are the food prices in Canada as bad as the pictures make it out to be? is Campbells Chunky soup really a luxury?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Asuka Langley on November 13, 2019, 07:18:01 PM
Are the food prices in Canada as bad as the pictures make it out to be? is Campbells Chunky soup really a luxury?

Yes, they are considerably higher.

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 13, 2019, 07:00:16 PM
On a recent trip to Canada I noticed that the demographics have realiy seemed to change. I was only in Ontario so not the whole country but still from this limited sample I think from now on I’m going to start referring to Canada as India/China 2.0.
Did you smuggle in tobacco products? I always got a kick out of that. Not that I did, of course, but they would ask about that at the border. But, apparently, cigs, dip, and chew can be sold at quite a mark-up. I recall gas also, some reservation deal close to, or over, the border, could be a deal? Some conflict with the natives even over it once?

Hog

Quote from: Asuka Langley on November 13, 2019, 07:18:01 PM

Those pics posted are of foods that have been airlifted into very remote northern Canada, probably no rail service and certainly no roads. Think Arctic tundra, but all the Eskimos/Inuit has nice snowmobiles.

Those pizzas can be had for $3-4 on sale,
the Nutella is $6-9 depending on size.
Now a large pack(25 Kings or regulars) of premium Players, DuMaurier or Export-A cost $16.75 at the truckstop(know for HUGE markups).  You can drive to any of the surrounding reserves and buy a bag of 200 cigs(1 carton) for $11.
A small HaagenDaaz ice cream, with the massive volume reducing divot in the bottom of the container is $10, probably around 1 cup(250ml) volume.
Milk , Skim, 1%, 2%, 3.25%(Homo-settle the fuck down Bellgabber's, homo is a contraction for HOMOGENIZED) for 4 liters(1.06US gallons/0.88 Canadian gallons)=$5.50 and you get  $0.25 back when you return the plastic jug. Those prices are from Mac's/Circle-Ks type "convenience stores" at a grocery store the same volume but in the bag is around $4.50.
Wonderbread is $3-4 depending if you get the "thin" version or not.
Butter on sale can be had for$3.25 if you are willing to beat the "white balls" away and snag an armful, depending if there is a limit on purchase.  Normal prices for foil wrapped pounds of butter is$6-$7.
Case of Labatts Blue is $40, for 28 bottles, plus you get $0.10 a bottle back when you return the "empties".  DO NOT leave your used syringes/sharps in the beer bottles when you return them, they will call the cops.
A pound of hamburger or any other flesh product requires the immediate sale of your youngest child, at least $6.00 a pound.
Pot $1 a gram, $40-$60 quarter(7 grams) $120-$160 for an oz.(28 grams), a good buddy of mine showed me a pound that he paid $700 for. All prices are for quality buds, 10 years ago the standard was much shittier weed and you're not getting below $200 an oz. unless you are buying pounds.
There are now delivery services that will bring half-quarters(3.5 grams) of killer weed for $4 to your door.
Gas right now is $1.10/liter, I filled up last night for $85 for 75 liters.  That comes out to CAN$4.16/USgallon which is US$3.13/US gallon.

Double Big Mac and large fries CAN$13.10.

We now have a CAN$14.80 minimum hourly wage.

peace
Hog

albrecht

Sacre Bleu! Now Canada is turning against hockey in addition to the usual war on whites, Western Culture, and men? But hockey?   

https://www.iheartradio.ca/610cktb/news/ctv-apologizes-for-comments-made-by-daytime-talk-show-host-of-the-social-1.10219330

Juan

Canada turned on hockey when they made the players wear helmets.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on November 15, 2019, 07:34:10 PM
Those darn Frenchies, Habs ruined hockey. Kidding, I can't believe it took so long to think "hey I'm a goalie getting frozen rubber objects shot at me, maybe I should wear a mask." I still think some dental concern should be major sponsors and advertisers of the great sport.

WOTR

Quote from: Juan on November 15, 2019, 07:34:10 PM

... And kept expanding south of the boarder. I suppose Mexico is the next "winter wonderland" in need of a hockey team.

Hog

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 16, 2019, 03:09:06 AM

Hey Doc, is that real graffiti?

A few years ago there was a local fucktard that spray painted a swastika on the Woodstock War Centotaph Memorial the night before Remembrance Day.

Apparently the idiot recorded the spraypainting act on his laptop.  The guy was approached by police and detained.  During the detention, a cop had opened his laptop and was perusing its contents.
Long story short, opening this guys laptop constituted an illegal search and the guy walked. Christopher Saggau, 33, (32 years old at the time of the crime)
"Saggau pleaded not guilty to all 27 charges on Tuesday, including mischief, uttering threats, defamatory libel and misuse of a computer service.
The not guilty plea comes a year after a guilty plea was made while the defendant was represented by a different lawyer. It was later struck down by a judge."

Idiot cops Woodstock Police Department rookies Constable Henk Ruitenbeek and Constable Michael Routly.  The 2 officers had “insufficient regard for the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms“.  The Canadian Charrter is our version of the USA Constitution.

peace
Hog

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Hog on November 19, 2019, 12:01:24 PM
Hey Doc, is that real graffiti?

A few years ago there was a local fucktard that spray painted a swastika on the Woodstock War Centotaph Memorial the night before Remembrance Day.

Apparently the idiot recorded the spraypainting act on his laptop.  The guy was approached by police and detained.  During the detention, a cop had opened his laptop and was perusing its contents.
Long story short, opening this guys laptop constituted an illegal search and the guy walked. Christopher Saggau, 33, (32 years old at the time of the crime)
"Saggau pleaded not guilty to all 27 charges on Tuesday, including mischief, uttering threats, defamatory libel and misuse of a computer service.
The not guilty plea comes a year after a guilty plea was made while the defendant was represented by a different lawyer. It was later struck down by a judge."

Idiot cops Woodstock Police Department rookies Constable Henk Ruitenbeek and Constable Michael Routly.  The 2 officers had “insufficient regard for the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms“.  The Canadian Charrter is our version of the USA Constitution.

peace
Hog

The guy who did this did it to support Don Cherry/protest his firing. I think Jackstar would allow it.

P.S. What does a charter of rights and freedoms mean in a country where the queen of England can veto anything?

Hog

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 19, 2019, 12:05:03 PM
The guy who did this did it to support Don Cherry/protest his firing. I think Jackstar would allow it.

P.S. What does a charter of rights and freedoms mean in a country where the queen of England can veto anything?
Thank you, I'd like a few minutes in private with any of those responsible.

The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, as embedded within the Constitution of Canada means the same to Canadians as the Constitution of the United States means to Americans.  They both are THE standard to which respective laws are created.

The Canada Act of 1982 and the Constitution Act of 1982 include the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

I had to look this up.
" The United Kingdom thus formally absolving itself of any remaining responsibility for, or jurisdiction over, Canada. In a formal ceremony on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, Queen Elizabeth II proclaimed both acts as law on 17 April 1982."

I'm sure there is a dodgy method for Her Majesty to exert influence.

peace
Hog

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Hog on November 19, 2019, 03:08:29 PM
Thank you, I'd like a few minutes in private with any of those responsible.

The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, as embedded within the Constitution of Canada means the same to Canadians as the Constitution of the United States means to Americans.  They both are THE standard to which respective laws are created.

The Canada Act of 1982 and the Constitution Act of 1982 include the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

I had to look this up.
" The United Kingdom thus formally absolving itself of any remaining responsibility for, or jurisdiction over, Canada. In a formal ceremony on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, Queen Elizabeth II proclaimed both acts as law on 17 April 1982."

I'm sure there is a dodgy method for Her Majesty to exert influence.

peace
Hog

Then why are you still considered a British commonwealth country and how and why can the queen prorogue your parliment?!

ACE of CLUBS

Pedophile Prince . . . . Andrew the lizard. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on November 19, 2019, 09:52:58 PM
Pedophile Prince . . . . Andrew the lizard. 

Note that one of the things he said in his ramblings was that monarchies should be abolished and become republics. The writing is truly on the wall. ;D

starramus

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 19, 2019, 03:28:35 PM
Then why are you still considered a British commonwealth country and how and why can the queen prorogue your parliment?!

Scribbled on a restroom wall in Toronto, "The queen sucks donkey dicks!"

[attachment=1]

guess who's the meth lab!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: starramus on November 20, 2019, 07:12:28 AM

[attachment=1,msg1366562]

Your mom?

Hog

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 19, 2019, 03:28:35 PM
At one time we and many other countries were known as "dominions" of the British Commonwealth.  Today a country that shares the British crown is part of the Commonwealth Realm.  16 countries belong  Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Grenada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, and the United Kingdom.

Canada operates under what is called a Democratic Monarchy, where the monarch has delegated all her powers to the Elected Officials of Canada, namely the Prime Minister.
From what I understand the Queen's "power" is merely for show with the Monarch referred to as the Head of Sate, while our Prime Minister is the Head of Government.  To prorogue our government, the elected Prime Minister must advise the Constitutional Monarch to do so.  She can't do so on her own accord.

The Queen runs deep up here. During my Army days, everytime we were lined up ready for drill, we were brought to attention. Then the Sergeant would proclaim "By the Queen's right, quick march."  British drill is the same.

peace
Hog

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Hog on November 20, 2019, 04:31:56 PM
At one time we and many other countries were known as "dominions" of the British Commonwealth.  Today a country that shares the British crown is part of the Commonwealth Realm.  16 countries belong  Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Grenada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, and the United Kingdom.

Canada operates under what is called a Democratic Monarchy, where the monarch has delegated all her powers to the Elected Officials of Canada, namely the Prime Minister.
From what I understand the Queen's "power" is merely for show with the Monarch referred to as the Head of Sate, while our Prime Minister is the Head of Government.  To prorogue our government, the elected Prime Minister must advise the Constitutional Monarch to do so.  She can't do so on her own accord.

The Queen runs deep up here. During my Army days, everytime we were lined up ready for drill, we were brought to attention. Then the Sergeant would proclaim "By the Queen's right, quick march."  British drill is the same.

peace
Hog

Still WAY too much queen. ::)

ACE of CLUBS

Want to see the four western provinces separate . . .  Canada is has been destroyed by Quebec and all the Federal Governments of any stripe that pander to the French.

albrecht

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on November 20, 2019, 09:09:28 PM
Want to see the four western provinces separate . . .  Canada is has been destroyed by Quebec and all the Federal Governments of any stripe that pander to the French.
At this point wouldn't the Chi-Coms, or the Dot.coms take the Lower Pacific provinces and islands?

WOTR

Quote from: Hog on November 20, 2019, 04:31:56 PM

What does it say that I would rather have the queen back, if given the choice between her and Trudeau? Maybe I can write her name in next election and try to get her elected rather than this dip-shit.

Quote from: starramus on November 20, 2019, 07:12:28 AM

[attachment=1,msg1366562]

Michigan would be my guess.

albrecht

"The 30-year-old Aliu has had a transient career" is my favorite line in the article. No wonder he has a chip on his shoulder and maybe figured he could make some $ out of the deal via the social justice racket or an affirmative action hire- though the latter would be tough for a sports team.
More problems in The Great White North!

https://apnews.com/c186d5f498cb4549be0d4f50c5dd9e34

But the so-called "music" uses such terms, and worse, with much frequency and emphasis-  assuming the story is true,

https://twitter.com/Dreamer_Aliu78/status/1199119380774359045?s=20

And, of course, NHL is all-in with criticism but at least had a modicum of logic and said "look into it." 

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1199340947458281473?s=20

NHL hosts tonight seem to be believing and criticizing the situation, though presenters, generally, do what the NHL and network tells them- to keep their jobs and it is not about sports, or even entertainment, anymore but about politics and social justice.

albrecht

Disgusting.

https://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/45953

BOLO for this "Canadian"," especially you "Canadians" of the Oriental variety.