• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sredni Vashtar (Missing in Action)

Started by AZZERAE, August 07, 2019, 03:18:18 AM

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on August 07, 2019, 04:21:40 PM
One notices a lot of similarity between certain Mexican music and polka (both like accordians.)

I'm sure I mentioned that I stopped in south central a few years back. One bar had live music- accordions. That was my comment when I got back home (my family is German.) I stated that it was amazing. If you closed your eyes you would almost swear that you were in the Austrian Canadian club with a bunch of Krauts dancing...

Sure there were differences in the music- it was not 100% the same. But how the two styles mirrored one another always stuck with me.

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on August 07, 2019, 01:50:41 PM
If he is true to stereotype he is currently badly sunburnt, shirtless, in Speedos and extremely drunk bitching about the Germans taking the poolside loungers and towels.
Fixed it for you.

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on August 12, 2019, 07:25:47 PM
I'm sure I mentioned that I stopped in south central a few years back. One bar had live music- accordions. That was my comment when I got back home (my family is German.) I stated that it was amazing. If you closed your eyes you would almost swear that you were in the Austrian Canadian club with a bunch of Krauts dancing...

Sure there were differences in the music- it was not 100% the same. But how the two styles mirrored one another always stuck with me.
Yep. There is lots of history between Mexico and Germany and Texas, Mexico, and Germany and stuff mixed which resulted, sometimes, in many good things, BBQ, Tex-Mex, Accordion music, shooting clubs, breweries, etc. More weirdness- think about how the Hawaii guitar or the African banjo got to be C&W slide guitar or bigtime bluegrass instrument of choice?

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 12, 2019, 04:11:20 PM
I take Hoagland to be an Anglicization of either Haglund (which is pretty common in Jämtland where my dad's family is from -- there is a certain resemblance) or derived from what is usually spelled 'haugr' in Old Norse, meaning a hill or a (grave) mound.

The Scandinavian people seem to have big foreheads, and close set eyes. Sickly coloration too. They don't look very advanced somehow ??

K_Dubb

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 12, 2019, 06:46:01 PM
Will you marry me?

As long as you come with a bag of dicks, baby, I'm yours.

K_Dubb

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on August 12, 2019, 07:40:05 PM
The Scandinavian people seem to have big foreheads, and close set eyes. Sickly coloration too. They don't look very advanced somehow ??

I agree; we are intolerably ugly little grubs and should be shoved back under the log we crawled out from.

Oh God please bring Shreddie back.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on August 12, 2019, 07:40:05 PM

You talking shit about Denmark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kE3ONShl_g

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 12, 2019, 08:41:58 PM
Oh God please bring Shreddie back.

Perhaps this place is now beyond his purview.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Jackstar on August 12, 2019, 09:04:46 PM
Perhaps this place is now beyond his purview.

I did not think of that!  But Dynamo posted today so they haven't gone full China.

chefist

Did you find SV? He lives in the underground in London...cut him some slack...he'll be back once he finds a sugardaddy with internet...Yorkie can explain it to you all...he has a talent for words and prose, but is challenged by the general concept of making a living that doesn't involve gay Royal sex and dwarves...we'll see him again in one form or another...God bless that fucked up gay ass Brit! Luv him ta death!

K_Dubb

Quote from: chefist on August 12, 2019, 09:10:44 PM
Did you find SV? He lives in the underground in London...cut him some slack...he'll be back once he finds a sugardaddy with internet...Yorkie can explain it to you all...he has a talent for words and prose, but is challenged by the general concept of making a living that doesn't involve gay Royal sex and dwarves...we'll see him again in one form or another...God bless that fucked up gay ass Brit! Luv him ta death!

Great news!  Shall we send out a search party?  They must have strong stomachs against sordid scenes they will doubtless encounter.  I volunteer...

chefist

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 12, 2019, 09:14:10 PM
Great news!  Shall we send out a search party?  They must have strong stomachs against sordid scenes they will doubtless encounter.  I volunteer...

He can only be found IF he chooses to be found...I would applaud such a stalwart effort, but alas...pure folderol...enjoy your life...have some lutefisk and distilled spirits...God Bless!+

K_Dubb

Quote from: chefist on August 12, 2019, 09:18:31 PM
He can only be found IF he chooses to be found...I would applaud such a stalwart effort, but alas...pure folderol...enjoy your life...have some lutefisk and distilled spirits...God Bless!+

God bless you, too, chef.  Perhaps a segment of the new Martinez Tonight can be devoted to an appeal -- your reach is, theoretically, worldwide.

chefist

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 12, 2019, 09:22:09 PM
God bless you, too, chef.  Perhaps a segment of the new Martinez Tonight can be devoted to an appeal -- your reach is, theoretically, worldwide.

I think so, sir...I think so...

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 12, 2019, 09:22:09 PM

Hell - Martinez Tonight should be blasted out towards the Dog Star via that big dish down at Arecibo.

chefist

chefist

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 12, 2019, 09:29:53 PM

LoL!    Exactly.............................  Good to see you around more often man.

Feelers are out...have to be 100% independent from bellgab...MV must be kept clean...I'll keep you updated...

Quote from: chefist on August 12, 2019, 09:31:03 PM
Feelers are out...have to be 100% independent from bellgab...MV must be kept clean...I'll keep you updated...

Jesus.  Sounds serious.   You had better wear a helmet.   Here ya go:

K_Dubb

Quote from: chefist on August 12, 2019, 09:24:18 PM
I think so, sir...I think so...

God bless you for your charity, sir.  He left us with a partial description:  6'2", 280 lbs (I pass over in silence, having woefully learned my lesson), half street-shidder in a silk kimono who looks like Allan Watts.

chefist

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 12, 2019, 09:34:14 PM
Jesus.  Sounds serious.   You had better wear a helmet.   Here ya go:

I'm 3/4 English and 1/4 German...I'm pretty sure the German side were dirt farmers...which is why they came to the US...ha...the English side...OMG...badasses...15 years after the Mayflower!

Quote from: chefist on August 12, 2019, 09:38:33 PM
I'm 3/4 English and 1/4 German...I'm pretty sure the German side were dirt farmers...which is why they came to the US...ha...the English side...OMG...badasses...15 years after the Mayflower!

Find your inner Prussian man.  The Cotton Mather lid ain't gonna get this done.

chefist

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 12, 2019, 09:35:40 PM
God bless you for your charity, sir.  He left us with a partial description:  6'2", 280 lbs (I pass over in silence, having woefully learned my lesson), half street-shidder in a silk kimono who looks like Allan Watts.

Bears?

chefist

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 12, 2019, 09:45:19 PM
Undoubtedly.

Imagine the sexual freedom that comes with being attracted to fat hairy men...you have your pick! Millions of them out there...not all gay, but might be desperate.

...but, alas...I'm hopelessly devoted to the ladies and their VJJ's...whew...we'll talk about this on the next MT!

K_Dubb

Quote from: chefist on August 12, 2019, 09:49:13 PM
Imagine the sexual freedom that comes with being attracted to fat hairy men...you have your pick! Millions of them out there...not all gay, but might be desperate.

...but, alas...I'm hopelessly devoted to the ladies and their VJJ's...whew...we'll talk about this on the next MT!

Your sympathetic and broad-minded evaluation does you much credit.  Someone needs to love them, too.  God bless them all.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 12, 2019, 03:44:25 PM
Raspberry, almond, or apricot?  And rum cream or vanilla?

I haven't mastered the true Danish laminated-dough kringle but I can make the Oslokringle variant with choux pastry over a crumb crust from my mom's old recipe that will knock your socks off, shaped like a Viking ship.  If you text me from the summit I will have it still barely warm.

I roast my own beans, too.

You’ll make someone a lovely wife one day. ;)

chefist

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 12, 2019, 09:56:13 PM
Your sympathetic and broad-minded evaluation does you much credit.  Someone needs to love them, too.  God bless them all.

God speed fat boys...