• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sredni Vashtar (Missing in Action)

Started by AZZERAE, August 07, 2019, 03:18:18 AM

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Richard Groyper on August 08, 2019, 06:30:44 PM
i heard he was part street-shidder. i could be wrong.

Sredni is fine he called me today to tell me my windows computer was infected with viruses, what a nice fellow!

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on August 08, 2019, 06:34:28 PM
Sredni is fine he called me today to tell me my windows computer was infected with viruses, what a nice fellow!

god, i smell the curry from here.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Karo on August 08, 2019, 06:17:10 PM
I think that's all sovereign individual decision making.

You mean not succumbing to the hive mind or collectivism, true?

So if I go all Lebowski chill on you then this construct, and few others, they just collapse, right?

I wonder where that leaves the Dalai Lama and Richard Gere. I've always found either to be pretty existential. I'm staying mainstream here as philosophy can be its own obtuse enemy when it demands doctrinal purity and eschews this "modern" world.

Lebowski chill is an attitude and a sweater.  It is not philosophy.  And the whole idea of the sovereign individual comes out of the West -- the most rigid, hide-bound systems of caste and bureaucracy ever invented, where birth was absolute destiny, were propped up by those same philosophies to which people like Gere flock like moon-cows for their mystical cachet while the shades of countless scribblers who argued for his personal agency and right to do so stare thunderstruck.

Metron2267

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 08, 2019, 06:53:51 PM
Lebowski chill is an attitude and a sweater.  It is not philosophy.

You forgot the

QuoteAnd the whole idea of the sovereign individual comes out of the West -- the most rigid, hide-bound systems of caste and bureaucracy ever invented, where birth was absolute destiny, were propped up by those same philosophies to which people like Gere flock like moon-cows for their mystical cachet while the shades of countless scribblers who argued for his personal agency and right to do so stare thunderstruck.

You're far more dramatic than he.

But few classical philosophies interlace this matrix reality with any accuracy or impact these days. Even the libertarian Koch Bros. went all Democrat.

paladin1991

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 07, 2019, 12:47:21 PM
Fiddlesticks!  How often have we heard that "race is a social construct"?

Which I cite with distaste because there is no reason to coin a new gimcrack noun by shifting the accent when "construction" works just as well and has a much longer pedigree.  People who speak of "constructs" are nearly always intolerable bores.
And British or Notorious Homosexuals.   But wait, I'm being redundant.

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on August 07, 2019, 01:50:41 PM
If he is true to stereotype he is currently badly sunburnt, shirtless, and extremely drunk bitching about the Germans taking the poolside loungers and towels. And ordering confused non-English speaking service workers around by yelling louder in English so that they understand.
LOL

paladin1991

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 07, 2019, 01:52:44 PM
Those damn Germans always get up earlier than everyone else to claim the undefended real estate.  That's how they got Poland.
And France.  Don't forget France.

paladin1991

Quote from: AZRAA on August 07, 2019, 02:54:52 PM
I'm trying to find out if he likes girls, dude.
Why the 'brown girl' subterfuge?  Just ask if he's queer (British). 
https://youtu.be/E3gzRg-8qD8

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on August 07, 2019, 04:08:12 PM
Ha. Midgets are always funny. Or is it dwarves? I forget. One is funny the other is angry and dangerous.
And don't forget the biting.  Little fuckers  bite.

paladin1991

Quote from: Karo on August 08, 2019, 04:31:19 PM
Just so we can agree Asians have existential thinking too?

https://www.existentialbuddhist.com/

“Do not go upon what has been acquired by repeated hearing; nor upon tradition; nor upon rumor; nor upon what is in a scripture; nor upon surmise; nor upon an axiom; nor upon specious reasoning; nor upon a bias towards a notion that has been pondered over; nor upon another’s seeming ability; nor upon the consideration, ‘The monk is our teacher.’ Kalamas, when you yourselves know: ‘These things are good; these things are not blamable; these things are praised by the wise; undertaken and observed, these things lead to benefit and happiness,’ enter on and abide in them.

â€" The Kalama Sutta
TL:DR   But can we agree that Asian women are hot?

paladin1991

I wonder where that leaves the Dalai Lama and Richard Gere. I've always found either to be pretty existential. I'm staying mainstream here as philosophy can be its own obtuse enemy when it demands doctrinal purity and eschews this "modern" world.
It leaves them in argument as to whether the gerbil is an amusing little rodent or if it was intended for ass play.  I will leave it to the readers to figure out who is arguing for which.

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZRAA on August 11, 2019, 09:54:04 AM
Just testing the waters, I guess.

Sweetie, if you're trying to hit on me I'm afraid you must literally do so between the eyes with a two-by-four as I float everywhere on a breeze of batted lashes from stout spinsters and doughy divorcées.

Metron2267

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 11, 2019, 09:28:52 AM
TL:DR   But can we agree that Asian women are hot?
Stretch your mind a bit. ALL women are hot, well maybe not Aboriginals so much...

albrecht

It would appear Gere and The Lama disagree on "migrants" invaders:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dalai-lama-warns-europe-could-become-muslim-or-african 

I love this quote from the Italian President to Gere:  https://news.yahoo.com/hollywood-star-gere-speaks-support-113740190.html   
"Given this generous millionaire is voicing concern for the fate of the Open Arms migrants, we thank him: he can take back to Hollywood, on his private plane, all the people aboard and support them in his villas. Thank you Richard!" he said in a statement."

Kidnostad3

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 11, 2019, 10:39:38 AM
Sweetie, if you're trying to hit on me I'm afraid you must literally do so between the eyes with a two-by-four as I float everywhere on a breeze of batted lashes from stout spinsters and doughy divorcées.

"stout spinsters and doughy divorcées."  Now you're talking!   

AZZERAE

Metron2267

Quote from: albrecht on August 11, 2019, 02:11:37 PM
It would appear Gere and The Lama disagree on "migrants" invaders:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dalai-lama-warns-europe-could-become-muslim-or-african 

I love this quote from the Italian President to Gere:  https://news.yahoo.com/hollywood-star-gere-speaks-support-113740190.html   
"Given this generous millionaire is voicing concern for the fate of the Open Arms migrants, we thank him: he can take back to Hollywood, on his private plane, all the people aboard and support them in his villas. Thank you Richard!" he said in a statement."

Fascinating divergence, the Lama has some common sense for a spiritual leader. The EU is laughable.

QuoteThis week the European Union's executive called on member states to show solidarity and find a solution for the boat.

The "solution" would be free fuel, water and energy bars, and pointing them right back to where they came from. Simple stuff, I'd even offer them a tugboat if need be, the Mediterranean isn't so large it can't be crossed slowly in a few days at most under power.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on August 11, 2019, 02:18:41 PM
"stout spinsters and doughy divorcées."  Now you're talking!

Yikes!  I'd be like Senda's kitten.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on August 11, 2019, 02:18:41 PM

I hate the enormous slob.

I'd like to have a veterinarian put a sounder of swine under, extract every last one of their teeth, replace them with false steel incisors, starve them for a week upon waking, and then throw said slob into the pen.

They will go through bone like butter.

Metron2267

https://www.whalefacts.org/blue-whale-penis/

In terms of weight the estimated weight of a blue whales penis is assumed to be between 390 â€" 990 lbs. depending on the penises overall size.

The testicles are also relatively large weighing in at up to 150 lbs. per testicle with smaller testicles weighing 100 lbs or less.

During sexual intercourse as much as 30 â€" 40 pints of sperm may be ejaculated from a blue whales penis in a single session.

paladin1991

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 11, 2019, 10:39:38 AM
Sounds like you are 'a little light in the loafers.'