• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Extra Sensory Perception

Started by AZZERAE, August 04, 2019, 05:08:33 AM

AZZERAE

Documentation, possible evidence, experiences and personal thoughts.

AZZERAE

I possess the ability to know what will occur before it happens, and in many instances it has guided me to places I'd have never had the opportunity of going if not for this ability. Being psychically adept comes with a laundry list of cons, however I've tried my utmost to focus on the blessing it can be.

Often people will ask one with a highly attuned sense of extra sensory perception to prove themselves, and many times, if not always, in instances of high stress, one fails. I believe this is due to the sensitive nature of an individual of my ilk. I have very little interest in financial success of any kind, personally, yet can detect a dark corona or detail specific events that have happened â€" of which I wasn't physically present while happening â€" and become consumed with minute occurrences that most ordinary people would ignore, or not pick up on, considering them irrelevant.

See, the mind of the psychically adept functions differently than most. It is not unique, in relation to the bigger picture, but for our time, it certainly is an oddity. Human beings are able to tap in to far more than is currently assumed, however, to spend ones time trying to convince any sceptic of such a thing is not of interest to me. I am more interested in exploring what is behind the skill of extra sensory perception, and recollecting events worthy of mention.

'But and still, where is the scientific proof of telekinesis?' you ask, breezing over my personal goals regarding the subject. 'And are there any notable studies in existence that conclusively demonstrate the existence of psychic abilities?'

One possible answer is Dean Radin. One could also look to the Parapsychological Association, an international organization for scientists and scholars interested in psi phenomena. But no. I would rather seek clues elsewhere. And elsewhere, I have uncovered many a fascinating concept. Allow me to explore a few of them.

First though, I'd like to address something other, perhaps slightly related. Magicians. People who train in techniques to steer the eye and mind away from one thing and to place that attention of another. Actors. Deceivers. This has nothing to do with psychic ability, though it is a skill in and of itself.

Jesus the Son of God was not a magician, however (not in my view). But were his experiences and abilities similar to the psyche of a fortune teller or witch doctor? There's a slight overlap. Again, I digress.

I came across an atheist, who posed:

"Suppose I claim I can fly. You come to me because your cat is stuck in a tree, and you want me to get her down; but for some reason or other that doesn’t seem to happen, and you end up calling the fire brigade.

Suppose I claim I can talk to the dead. You ask me where Granny hid her coin collection before she popped off last week. I give you a lot of hot gossip from Nefertiti and Alexander the Great, but for some reason I just can’t raise Granny.

Suppose I claim I can predict the future. You take me on an all-expenses-paid weekend trip to Las Vegas because, hey, the future, right? But now it’s Monday morning, and we’re hitchhiking back home, because the rental car people wouldn’t take an IOU. There are reasons, of course. There are always reasons.

This is the situation with alleged ‘psychic’ abilities. Despite thousands of people claiming to have extraordinary superpowers in a world where everybody is out to make a buck, none of these superpowers have ever been used to make anyone rich or famous. Many millions of dollars have been made by people writing about the powers they claim to have; but when it comes to applying those powers in any kind of practical way, they invariably vanish. You know, those ‘reasons’ again.

So we can take our pick between two conclusions:

1) There are no real psychic powers;

2) There are real psychic powers, but for baffling and unfathomable reasons they never achieve anything even slightly useful, so we can safely ignore them."

Now far be it from me to associate myself with such a Doubting Thomas: I only use this example to show the psychological reasoning the average skeptic uses. And while I consider atheists a special kind of stupid, I set those biases aside, and say to you: I know I have psychic prowess. Just like I know I've seen a UFO on the highway, driving into town.

Yet, this statement is correct in that I have not gained anything of material value from my capability as a seer. Not in what most would consider measurable, and in physicality.

This is the main problem with those adept at this kind of thing â€" they're mad. Mad in the sense that often they wind up on the street. Mad in the sense that often they wind up in the nut house. Mad in the sense that they often fail to fulfill simple daily tasks. They are hypersensitive to stress.

Is it sad? Yes and no. I've seen and experienced things with those who are close to me, or those who I've had visions of that most would consider impossible. Its fine for me to internalize and live with that reality, without being able to demonstrate it to people in white coats. The same people in white coats, who when I perform one too many miracles, have legal authority over me and my fate.

So I tell you, this kind of thing is real, and I'll share it with anyone as long as I'm shown some modicum of respect. Look, I'm used to being the pariah. But if we set aside our personal differences, we can discover a lot more about the human mind than we ever dreamt possible.

starramus

With all due respect let us test your abilities.  [attachment=1] WHEN?

AZZERAE

Quote from: AZRAA on August 04, 2019, 05:10:55 AM
I consider atheists a special kind of stupid...

Don't be alarmed.

I have no desire to buy into the slavery of modern Christianity.

I am seeking a greater explanation.

I can't wait to share it with you.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: AZRAA on August 04, 2019, 05:57:52 AM
Don't be alarmed.

I have no desire to buy into the slavery of modern Christianity.

I am seeking a greater explanation.

I can't wait to share it with you.

Too bad! Jesus still loves you anyway. Haha!! ;D

AZZERAE

In Search of the Miraculous

We find almost no other individual of whom there were reported such diverse paranormal abilities as in the case of a man named George Gurdjieff: Hypnotic powers, clairvoyance, mind reading, telepathy, visions of the past and future, healing, perfect memory, bilocation, omnipresence, mimicry, superhuman working power (of 20+ hour days), the influence of matter though mental pictures and magnetism. And about a dozen of his pupils attained occult powers themselves after years of working with his method.

In my quest to document persons with extra sensory abilities (those being an evolved sixth sense, other than the regular 5), a main source of my attention has been Gurdjieff. Whitley Strieber was an active member of The Gurdjieff Foundation for a time, and was able to make sense of a lot of the experiences he had - for himself - by employing some of the techniques Gurdjieff created. Gurdjieff was not only a spiritual teacher, but also a mystic and philosopher, and why I mention him is to illustrate my point, that we as humans have an untapped state of consciousness which can allow us to achieve much more than just the 3 dimensions scientists presently teach - are in existence.

In a nutshell, that's not where it ends. Not by a long shot! We must do "The Work" - and by devoting themselves to Gurdjieff's principles and practice, many of his students were able to wake themselves from their lulled states, and achieve what he called "The Fourth Way". Despite this, in my research of the subject, I continued to see a lot of serious confusion about the teachings of Gurdjieff.

Firstly, there was Gurdjieff's focus on the truth of his teaching, not on the Kundalini effects. This is one reason people reject Gurdjieff. For example, a famous woman of his time, by the name Katherine Mansfield, came to him shortly before her death from tuberculosis. Some people think that Gurdjieff just accelerated her death because he focused on the truth instead of on healing. During this period, Gurdjieff acquired notoriety as "the man who killed Katherine Mansfield" after she died.

Secondly there's the problem of Gurdjieff’s lineage. Some state Gurdjieff was a Sufi but since he didn't have a particular Sufi master he's not credible. Gurdjieff does name a very important Sufi teacher who doles out amazing secrets in Gurdjieff's excellent book 'Meetings with Remarkable Men'. But Gurdjieff didn't pass on and develop his powers to someone else.

What is clear is that Gurdjieff’s teaching is based on harmonics or what some term "psychic music," the central secret of the 2001 University of Minnesota Masters Thesis, 'Nonduality' by Drew Hempel. Now some of this does get technical, which I do hope you will excuse...

We discover that the Pythagorean Perfect 5th or 2:3 music interval, C to G, and the Perfect 4th or 3:4, G to C, are the same as Yang and Yin in Taoism. Gurdjieff also relies on the Pythagorean teachings based on harmonics or what Gurdjieff called the 'Law of Three'. Western science converted complimentary opposites, Ying and Yang, or the Pythagorean Tetrad of 1:2:3:4, into a symmetrical system through the same diatonic scale that Gurdjieff presents in his teaching, thereby forever confusing the West's understanding of Gurdjieff. 

For example the major third diatonic music interval of Gurdjieff, 4:5, was converted into 5:4 as the cube root of 2 while the Pythagorean diatonic minor sixth, 5:8, was converted into 8:5 as the Golden Ratio. In fact the extension of the Tetrad, 1:2:3:4 (Perfect 5th/Perfect 4th complimentary opposite harmonics as the Law of Pythagoras) into symmetric-based ratios was the product not of Pythagoras but of Platonic math from Archytas' creation of the geometric mean (a "one-to-one correspondence of letter and number"). The third force beyond Yin and Yang, the source of the I-thought or the source of the Pythagorean One, known as the Goddess Harmonia, is what is called "female formless awareness."

Gurdjieff had this to state about it:

"Contemporary thought realizes the existence of 2 phenomenon: force and resistance, positive and negative magnetism, positive and negative electricity, male and female cells, and so on. But it does not observe even these two forces always and everywhere. No question has ever been raised as to the third, or if it has been raised it has scarcely been heard."

The 3 energy centers of Gurdjieff's system: Movement, Emotion, and Thought, are the same as the 3 Tan Tiens (energy centers or alchemical cauldrons) of Taoist Qigong: Lower belly, Middle heart, and Higher mind for Jing, Chi and Shen. So the jing is the generative force which has prenatal vitality in it - the Yin with Yang in it. This is the electrochemical energy getting ionized as generative force or blissful heat and then further ionized through complimentary opposites meditation to create the alchemical agent - the prenatal electromagnetic vitality.

As the Jing is cleansed through the kidneys and purified through the heart it turns into Electromagnetic energy or Chi - what Gurdjieff called the Higher emotional, Middle centre, Hydrogen 12, as sublimated sexual energy. Finally the electromagnetic energy builds up from enough electrochemical fire to cause the brain's pineal gland (or third eye) to get hot and full of electromagnetic energy, so that Light or Shen - the Spirit body - can be created. This is Gurdjieff's Hydrogen 6. Gurdjieff does an excellent job of explaining that the West tries to start with Hydrogen 6 - as Mind Yoga - without consciously developing Hydrogen 12 (this is the "weak yogi" problem).

Gurdjieff explained:

"We must learn how to draw energy straight from the large accumulator. This however is possible only with the help of the Emotional Centre. It is essential that this be understood. The connection with the large accumulator can be effected only through the Emotional Centre."

Then there’s the "stupid saint" problem - the Higher Emotions are developed without any intentional awareness of how these emotions are related to the Lower Energy Centre, which is the foundation of the practice - what Gurdjieff calls the creation of "mi 12." This is why Gurdjieff stated that his teaching is the "Fourth Way" - beyond just instinctual mortification exercises, stupid emotional rituals, and weak mind exercises.

Gurdjieff went on to call this opening of the third eye through circulation of the energy, creating a "permanent centre of gravity", or a Number Four Person - it's called "Laying the Foundation" in Taoist Yoga, the equivalent of completing chapter 6 of the book. Gurdjieff's Number Five Person is someone who has their third eye fully open so that they can freely do long-distance healing and see energy blockages within another person. This is called a "Level Two Qigong Master" - the equivalent of chapter 12 in Taoist Yoga. Gurdjieff's Number Six Person can create another physical body that can leave the first physical body and can be seen by other people - the "starry" or Immortal Body (of alchemy).

Despite the continual pondering over what Gurdjieff really meant, just like in music, the only way to achieve Gurdjieff's teachings is to practice them, and fortunately we have the book 'Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality', which gives us the precise details and further corroboration of Gurdjieff's truth.

AZZERAE

Precognition and Dreams

Telepathy may be the best known psychic phenomenon but precognition is quite possibly the most exciting. The idea that someone could accurately foretell the future is wondrous. To be able to know what is going to happen before it does is an exciting and possibly powerful ability. Precognition is restricted to seeing events that have not yet happened.

Paranormally-discerned knowledge about some incident that has already happened, even an event that was unknown to you, is not precognition. The details of a historical event may be paranormally acquired through clairvoyance, telepathy, or psychometry, but not through precognition. Only events that have not yet happened can be ascertained using precognitive powers.

For example, you are comfortably seated in your favorite chair, settled down for the night with a book, when suddenly a vivid image impresses itself upon your mind: that the next day a car will violently crash into your gate post and destroy it. If, subsequently, a car does obliterate the gate post your vision may be said to be precognitive. It also might not be, and for many reasons, the most likely among them is the the vision you had, when viewed by a dispassionate judge and incorporating all relevant background information, was not that surprising or unexpected.

Say you live near a road with a lot of traffic and car crashes are common, perhaps even frequent. In such a case, a vision of another car crash isn't especially surprising. Maybe you have worried about a crash many times, the gate post being hazardously exposed to traffic or especially beloved by you. In this situation how can you claim that you were really foreseeing this particular crash, from among all the times you imagined it but it did not happen? You really can't. Even so, the idea is alluring and it is tempting to ascribe yourself precognitive powers.

Precognition is known by other names. In ancient times a person with precognitive abilities was called a prophet or oracle. The most famous of these prophets (non-biblical) is Nostradamus. His writings are perpetually consulted and not a year goes by without several new books published on the subject. Many people take these re-interpreted prophecies extremely seriously, so it is beneficial to discuss them for a moment.

The difficulty with Nostradamus' prophecies (and similar prognostications issued by more modern oracles) is that his pronunciations are far too vague to test. Generations have poured over his writings attempting to interpret his confusing prose. These prophecy buffs attempt to identify specific predictions and tie them to specific events that have already happened, in a sense attempting to find a map from his inexplicit musings to explicit historical occurrences. When these would-be scholars satisfy themselves that they have interpreted a passage correctly they use this self-measured closeness of fit to infer Nostradamus was prophetic.

The process works something like this. Suppose Nostradamus said, "In the year of the Earl there will be a fire in the City of Angels." An enterprising historian, noting this passage, pores through the Los Angeles fire reports and notices that a guy named Earl, a fry cook at a fast food restaurant in Watts (which is in Los Angeles, the City of Angels), carelessly spilled some grease and caused a fire, ultimately resulting in an appearance by the fire department. Nostradamus has a hit! Never mind the differences between "the year of the Earl" and a fry cook named Earl, or that the place "City of Angels" is vague (it might be taken to mean, among other places, a city where there are many churches), or that a fire in a small restaurant hardly qualifies as an event significant enough to have been foretold hundreds of years in advance. Most times the sequence is inverted from this example. Notable historical events, like the Titanic disaster or large military battles are decided upon first, then a passage in Nostradamus' writing is found to "match."

Even if you believe that this particular example could be construed as a hit, the approach used to interpret the passage is not valid because you cannot use your own guesses as evidence that your guesses are right! Anyone given sufficient ingenuity can force any passage to mean anything they want. Independent evidence is needed to qualify the interpretation methodology as successful. For instance, what no one, not one single author, has yet to do is to show how Nostradamus' writings can be used to predict events that have not yet happened. It is these types of prophecies that can be given as evidence. If someone, based on their reading of Nostradamus, predicts a series of clearly and unambiguously defined events will happen, and they subsequently do, then they will have proved Nostradamus was on to something. No one ever has. Incidentally, there have been so many attempts at interpreting Nostradamus' writings that multiple events are said to have been foretold using the same passage - and, of course, only one of these, if any, could be correct.

You too could have a go at fitting events to Nostradamus' prophecies for fun and for profit. Simply pull out a passage or two, fit them to any historical events you like, using any standards you want, using any method of interpretation you desire - don’t worry about being 100% accurate - and then sell those interpretations on the market. It’s done all the time. This controversy nicely illustrates why designing tests for precognition must be done carefully. You want to be sure you are actually predicting events in the future, and not trying to fit your prophecies to events that have already happened.

Many people also feel that their dreams are prophetic at least part of the time. Some parapsychologists argue that it may be that precognitive talents can only manifest themselves while people are in a completely relaxed dream-like state.

People often forget their dreams, or if they can recall some of their dream, they are not be able to focus on any particular prediction. Future events, in the dream state, are often presented in a random or non-linear fashion, and there is an infinite number of possible future events to choose from. But which of these infinite choices is the dream foretelling?

AZZERAE

Quote from: DanTSX on August 06, 2019, 07:24:14 AM
It’s all bullshit

I understand why you'd think that. What's going in Washington is waaay more important!

DanTSX

Quote from: AZRAA on August 06, 2019, 07:25:56 AM
I understand why you'd think that. What's going in in Washington is waaay more important!

You’re right.

Metron2267

Quote from: DanTSX on August 06, 2019, 07:29:33 AM

You’re right.

Predictions say you will have an STD before November. Now change your sexual habits and make them wrong.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Karo on August 06, 2019, 11:47:17 AM
Predictions say you will have an STD before November. Now change your sexual habits and make them wrong.

An October surprise.

DanTSX

Quote from: Karo on August 06, 2019, 11:47:17 AM

No

AZZERAE

Bang up job on that comeback, Danny Boy.  ::)

AZZERAE

Your posts are garbage. Kill yourself.

DanTSX

AZZERAE

Jokes on you, I already had, and beat it.

DanTSX

Quote from: AZRAA on August 07, 2019, 02:06:35 PM
Jokes on you, I already had, and beat it.
until the next outbreak....watch that stress level!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: AZRAA on August 07, 2019, 01:57:27 PM
Your posts are garbage. Kill yourself.

If someone said this to you, would you not proceed upon a marathon session abhorring the inappropriate nature of the comment due to your publicly admitted psychosis? I'd expect you to be rather reluctant to say something like that to someone.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Liberace! on August 07, 2019, 02:14:10 PM
If someone said this to you, would you not proceed upon a marathon session abhorring the inappropriate nature of the comment due to your publicly admitted psychosis? I'd expect you to be rather reluctant to say something like that to someone.

I was worried you may say this, MV. I was being sarcastic.

DanTSX

Quote from: AZRAA on August 07, 2019, 02:16:29 PM
I was worried you may say this, MV. I was being sarcastic.

I like sarcasm

Let’s touch open herpes sores and be frens