• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

BaoFeng Radios

Started by Asuka Langley, July 01, 2019, 04:11:58 PM

Asuka Langley

I bought one of these BaoFeng UV-5R5 radios without knowing they are "illegal" to use on FRS bands to talk to other walkie talkies.

School me on them HAM fags what do i need to know? How do these things compare to a walmart motorola walkie talkie?

scottydawg

Thousand sold all over the USA, used for good and bad. Special Events, 1st Responders in little hick towns that can't afford $900 Motorola Digital 2-way Radios. My Dad was a Radioman in the Navy, and worked as a TV and Radio Broadcast engineer for 50yrs. I learned how to handle radio communication properly.

Asuka Langley

I been rockin out with the BaoFeng out for a while i love it, child labor is the best!

I did the extended battery, XP-669C antenna and battery delete upgrades.

NOAA weather, Sheriff and emergency channels this thing is 🔥🔥🔥Lit City🔥🔥🔥

albrecht

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on July 30, 2019, 08:08:47 PM
I been rockin out with the BaoFeng out for a while i love it, child labor is the best!

I did the extended battery, XP-669C antenna and battery delete upgrades.

NOAA weather, Sheriff and emergency channels this thing is 🔥🔥🔥Lit City🔥🔥🔥

Questions:
1) did you fill out the form and/or take the classes for level FCC etc? Side question- have the Democrats sued behind "family" rules about certain frequencies?
2) do the Chi-coms listen in?
3) SSB?
4) is "trucker", military language, alphabet, 10-codes, cop codes still used. (Bonus if so.)
5) Get any new stuff on Gingrich? Or Gingsburg, I guess, maybe a "I've fallen and can't get up?" 

Norm

I love my BaoFeng radios, we use them to screw with WalMart and Target, raise hell with the local cop shop on weekends, had a blast messing with Jack in the Box last week. Figured out their multi frequency system and had people in their cars screaming at the clown! The best part is the price, less than $25 for a 5 watt dual band radio that is wide open!

Ok, I lied, I don't do any of that stuff. It's illegal and the FCC will triangulate your position, record and come knocking at your door. They did it to my neighbor's kid. 13 years old and the sheriff took him away in handcuffs. No shit, it happens! I took cell phone video but I'm afraid to post it for fear they will implicate me. People disappear in my county, bunch of backwood hillbillies, County Sheriff's is 'Skeeter' Rawlings, his brother 'Jeep'  is one ball short of a complete rack if you know what I mean.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: albrecht on July 30, 2019, 08:21:40 PM
Questions:
1) did you fill out the form and/or take the classes for level FCC etc? Side question- have the Democrats sued behind "family" rules about certain frequencies?
2) do the Chi-coms listen in?
3) SSB?
4) is "trucker", military language, alphabet, 10-codes, cop codes still used. (Bonus if so.)
5) Get any new stuff on Gingrich? Or Gingsburg, I guess, maybe a "I've fallen and can't get up?"

[Thinking Intensifies]

No.

Just don't program them to use your local repeaters or you'll have a herd of boomer-hams fox-hunting your ass to the FCC faster than you can say "enlarged prostate"

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on July 30, 2019, 08:57:02 PM
Just don't program them to use your local repeaters or you'll have a herd of boomer-hams fox-hunting your ass to the FCC faster than you can say "enlarged prostate"

Try triangulating a moving object boomerhams!

Boomer fags can get #rekt I'm mobile!

scottydawg

The great part was that the Dept. of Homeland inSecurity ordered that Police/Fire Departments had to upgrade to digital Encoded Radios. There was money from the DHLS, but a lot of departments couldn't talk to each other anymore so they went back to their trusty old Motorolas. There was confusion for a few years, but then it was appropriated else where. So even some big companies that are contracted for Dept of Defense are using their old $100 cheapies. Really great to hear when a truckload of armored parts delivered to a truck builder reads off the number of parts and how many. Geez might as well do the  M*A*S*H " 5 0'Clock Charlie" routine in the parking lot!

DanTSX

Why do people who buy these things think that they can talk to mars and other far off places in an emergency?

These are very short range HTs that are of limited use to anyone who doesn’t have the knowledge to use one. 

Quote from: DanTSX on July 31, 2019, 04:23:01 PM
Why do people who buy these things think that they can talk to mars and other far off places in an emergency?

These are very short range HTs that are of limited use to anyone who doesn’t have the knowledge to use one.
The virgin Baofeng vs The Chad uBitx. Baofengs are toys for youtube survival LARPers. $110 and a speaker wire dipole and you're talking to the world

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on August 01, 2019, 04:40:33 PM
The virgin Baofeng vs The Chad uBitx. Baofengs are toys for youtube survival LARPers. $110 and a speaker wire dipole and you're talking to the world

Could you talk to George Senda with it? ???

Asuka Langley

Quote from: DanTSX on July 31, 2019, 04:23:01 PM

niggers are stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5iYqBX4zLo

Asuka Langley

Baofeng radios will become illegal September 30th so if you haven't joined the #BaoFengGang now is the time. You can order them off https://baofengtech.com with free shipping and 10% off with discount code "10off". I ordered 2 BaoFeng BF-F8HPs and some 3800 mAh batteries just for the fuck of it to get inb4 the ban.

You can still get the classic BaoFeng UV-5R off ebay for about $20

https://survivalblog.com/baofeng-sales-ban-countdown-continues/

*i am not affiliated with BaoFeng

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on August 15, 2019, 04:33:26 PM
Baofeng radios will become illegal September 30th so if you haven't joined the #BaoFengGang now is the time. You can order them off https://baofengtech.com with free shipping and 10% off with discount code "10off". I ordered 2 BaoFeng BF-F8HPs and some 3800 mAh batteries just for the fuck of it to get inb4 the ban.

You can still get the classic BaoFeng UV-5R off ebay for about $20

https://survivalblog.com/baofeng-sales-ban-countdown-continues/

*i am not affiliated with BaoFeng

So, will we be best friends and talk to each other on it if I buy one? ???

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 15, 2019, 09:52:51 PM
So, will we be best friends and talk to each other on it if I buy one? ???

Hit me up on 156.2300 my call sign is AL02HH

Quote from: Norm on July 30, 2019, 08:28:15 PM
I love my BaoFeng radios, we use them to screw with WalMart and Target, raise hell with the local cop shop on weekends, had a blast messing with Jack in the Box last week. Figured out their multi frequency system and had people in their cars screaming at the clown! The best part is the price, less than $25 for a 5 watt dual band radio that is wide open!

Ok, I lied, I don't do any of that stuff. It's illegal and the FCC will triangulate your position, record and come knocking at your door. They did it to my neighbor's kid. 13 years old and the sheriff took him away in handcuffs. No shit, it happens! I took cell phone video but I'm afraid to post it for fear they will implicate me. People disappear in my county, bunch of backwood hillbillies, County Sheriff's is 'Skeeter' Rawlings, his brother 'Jeep'  is one ball short of a complete rack if you know what I mean.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 26, 2019, 04:57:42 AM
Try this instead, but be careful. You could end up giving him a woody at a distance.  :o
http://forums.tcm.com/topic/245910-patented-voice-to-skull-mind-control-technology-embedded-in-5g-tech/

There will be no end to the things he can blame mv for now. Muhahahahahahahaha!!! ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on July 30, 2019, 08:21:40 PM
Questions:
5) Get any new stuff on Gingrich?

Heh heh, good reference.  I was fifteen when that happened.  I wasn't out in a convertible bird doggin' chicks and bangin' beaver because I was busy following politics.

#VirginUntil19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc0_Xnvl3t4

DanTSX

I used mine to talk to Art Bell’s ghost.

And the local police.

MV/Liberace!

I bought a couple Baofengs for my daughters as Christmas gifts. Can't believe how cheap they are.

Asuka Langley

ISS transmits in 145.800

I have a Nagoya NA-771 his is a fake but he can still pick up space nibbas with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sNwzBC6Rbk