• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Azzerae's Thread

Started by AZZERAE, May 30, 2019, 06:47:37 AM

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2019, 02:18:17 PM
I used to have an English Bull Terrier. It got along with all dogs but all dogs didn't necessarily get along with him. When faced with a yappy little rat of a Yorkshire Terrier, who would bare its teeth and growl at him, he would stand there indulgently and let him continue, never letting on that one quick snap and shake of the jaws was all it would take to silence the little insect permanently.

I can't see what Pud has to do with any of this vainglorious braggartry (to use your word) but, if you mean me, I'm quite sure I've endured your worst with grace and aplomb.  So sure, in fact, that if you examine the arrows in your quiver you will find they are of my own fletching.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 06, 2019, 02:31:24 PM
I can't see what Pud has to do with any of this vainglorious braggartry (to use your word) but, if you mean me, I'm quite sure I've endured your worst with grace and aplomb.  So sure, in fact, that if you examine the arrows in your quiver you will find they are of my own fletching.

The Yorkshire Terrier is in my view the cramp in all that is Yorkshire. I've never liked them as a breed of dog. Herself used to have one several years ago and loved him. But like all terriers, they do tend to be the more intelligent of dogs.

SredniVashtar

Here's K_Dubb, shirtless again, showing grace under fire from his self felchedfletched arrows.

Damn K_Dubb.   It is not often you miss the true meaning behind SV's posts but I think you did here.  In this case it is the typical English inferiority complex. 
Saddled with the legacy of ineffective's such as Auchinleck and Percival, he has to pretend he is a real general.   

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 06, 2019, 02:42:17 PM
Damn K_Dubb.   It is not often you miss the true meaning behind SV's posts but I think you did here.  In this case it is the typical English inferiority complex. 
Saddled with the legacy of ineffective's such as Auchinleck and Percival, he has to pretend he is a real general.   

Pah! SV wouldn't be so lowly as to be a mere General. He'd be elevated to Field Marshall.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2019, 02:40:43 PM
Here's K_Dubb, shirtless again, showing grace under fire from his self felchedfletched arrows.

Good grief.  Could you not at least have picked the Rubens?

chefist

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 06, 2019, 01:39:42 PM
Might be nice if this were explored more deeply in a new episode of Martinez Tonight.

Actually renovating my "studio"...wood panel accent wall and stained concrete...

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 06, 2019, 02:47:02 PM

Pah! SV wouldn't be so lowly as to be a mere General. He'd be elevated to Field Marshall.

Why stop there?  Make him the grand old Duke of York.

Yorkshire pud

Having said the above, I actually favour SV to be an RSM at Sandhurst.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 06, 2019, 02:47:02 PM

I think I am probably the reincarnation of Monty, an insufferable dick who got results.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 06, 2019, 02:50:15 PM
Why stop there?  Make him the grand old Duke of York.

Brenda's second son might object to that.

chefist

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2019, 01:28:12 PM
As you're so fond of saying: 'A woman for duty, a boy for pleasure, a goat for ecstasy '.

Well, I defer to the distinguished Englishman that you are...with your frequent trips to Sri Lanka to spend time with your houseboy, Babud.

Quote from: chefist on July 06, 2019, 02:50:03 PM
Actually renovating my "studio"...wood panel accent wall and stained concrete...

Nice!  That floor will turn out great.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 06, 2019, 02:47:33 PM
Good grief.  Could you not at least have picked the Rubens?

Early Renaissance FTW. I was trotting around the National Gallery just the other day. Rubens is a pompous bore.

chefist

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 06, 2019, 02:52:34 PM

Thanks...sealing the floor tomorrow...the concrete prep was the hardest part...staining was extremely easy and quick.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 06, 2019, 02:52:34 PM

I suppose that floor might as well get used to having stains on it.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 06, 2019, 02:42:17 PM

Haha if he's anyone, he's Wellington waiting for his Blucher (brig) to arrive.  But she left him hanging last time he cried to mama, and I still have the Guard in reserve.

Quote from: chefist on July 06, 2019, 02:54:53 PM
Thanks...sealing the floor tomorrow...the concrete prep was the hardest part...staining was extremely easy and quick.

Oh I bet.  I soooooo want to epoxy my Garage floor.   The prep on that is a bitch and a half and I'm afraid of it lifting up.

chefist

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 06, 2019, 02:57:13 PM
Oh I bet.  I soooooo want to epoxy my Garage floor.   The prep on that is a bitch and a half and I'm afraid of it lifting up.

Yes, any oil, solvents, old paint will make that happen...the cleaning is the key...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2019, 02:55:52 PM

Speaking of stains, (and off topic) have you finished the Senda script/biography you wanted me to read?

chefist

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2019, 02:55:52 PM

Good grief...what happened in your childhood to explain such morbid bitterness towards your fellow man? Oh, sorry...I forget...you're English.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on July 06, 2019, 03:01:32 PM
Good grief...what happened in your childhood to explain such morbid bitterness towards your fellow man? Oh, sorry...I forget...you're English. from the south of England

FIFY.

Quote from: chefist on July 06, 2019, 02:58:55 PM
Yes, any oil, solvents, old paint will make that happen...the cleaning is the key...

It would need to be shot blasted I guess.  Kind of a major undertaking.  Tough sell to Mrs. Walks. 
With a sharp looking garage floor she knows that I'll then want to put a little something on it.    ;D

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 06, 2019, 03:00:59 PM

Speaking of stains, (and off topic) have you finished the Senda script/biography you wanted me to read?

Umm, not quite. Like the new Bond film, we're having production issues at the moment.

chefist

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 06, 2019, 03:03:36 PM
It would need to be shot blasted I guess.  Kind of a major undertaking.  Tough sell to Mrs. Walks. 
With a sharp looking garage floor she knows that I'll then want to put a little something on it.    ;D

Quite a few vids on it...you have to take acetone using a disc scrubber...yup, very involved and stinky for a few days...

BUT...that floor would be sweet, man! Awesome!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 06, 2019, 02:57:07 PM
Haha if he's anyone, he's Wellington waiting for his Blucher (brig) to arrive.  But she left him hanging last time he cried to mama, and I still have the Guard in reserve.

She did let me down, and I'm used to disappointments.

Can't you put a shirt on? You look like one of those whole chickens that come out of a can.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2019, 03:08:28 PM

Can't you put a shirt on? You look like one of those whole chickens that come out of a can.

I have to say, that is pretty funny. ;D

Jesus.   He's still a lad.  You'll damage his Id or something................

K_Dubb

And deny you the chance to exercise your wit at my expense with sallies such as this?  Never!  A near-run thing is more entertaining for everyone.