• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

STOP THE INSANITY!

Started by Frys Girl, May 09, 2009, 09:09:13 AM

Frys Girl

Thursday night, the happiness guru/mind control expert was complaining that mind control is preventing people from having "original ideas". He then tested it on Noory McSnoron: "Please, sorry to put you on the spot". I knew some golden quotes would soon follow.

Then Nooron said "Oh sure, by all means! Well I host this show 5 times per week, but I decided to start hosting the first Sunday of each month (because I need to suck more than usual and get out the last remaining suck in me before the start of the week). Anyway, Tom and I, my producer for a long time now, decided to promote these hard earned music (yes he called their music hard earned, never a correct sentence). Those in N. America who work hard to make cds and music. We just thought we'd use this signal to get their info out."

As if this weren't stupid enough, he then compared the idea to "AMERICAN IDOL" - JUST AFTER THIS POOR GUEST WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE OVER STIMULATION WITH REALITY TV AND SUCH. Wow.

The host did not call this an original idea. I am shocked that he thinks this, or am I?

11angeleyes11

Do  you think that English is his second language?  His first language is tardlish with a forked tongue accent? 

Frys Girl

I think English is NOT his second language. God help him if he tries to speak Arabic with those tongue issues. Man I feel like a jerk sometimes making fun of Noory. But this arrogance about playing the new artists is what feeds this.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 10, 2009, 10:31:55 AM
I think English is NOT his second language. God help him if he tries to speak Arabic with those tongue issues. Man I feel like a jerk sometimes making fun of Noory. But this arrogance about playing the new artists is what feeds this.

I agree with you on that.  I have not been listening to the show much, but do you really think that is going to make or break the artist's caree?.  It was a nice gesture and all playing the music as bumper music, but that good feeling for the gesture is almost wiped out with his demoralizing arrogance.

As for that jerk, it may be your guardian angel nodding their head adamantly up and down confirming that he really does suck and you are right and the insanity must stop.

Personally, I find that the most secure people are those who do kind and meaningful things and they do not seek confirmation of those actions to make sure they are alright.  They know they have done a wonderful thing.  It is the insecure who, I think, act in the  other manner. 

Sagebrush

I don't listen too much anysnore but I did happen to catch the bit you're talking about just before I turned the radio off.  What got to me was not just that he thought that playing amateur bands was so incredibly original (American Idol, Britain's got talent, amateur/open mic night, etc.) but that he went on and on for like 5 minutes about how wonderful and original this idea was instead of letting the guest get on with his point. 

So anyway, I was in Dearborn  this weekend (hometown of GzzzzN) and passed the Al Noor Islamic Worship Center -  wish I had my camera with me.

Frys Girl

There's a huge Islamic Center here in DC on embassy row. You should check it out some time! Check out this technology they got goin on: http://www.theislamiccenter.com/

nika01

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 11, 2009, 04:35:01 AM
There's a huge Islamic Center here in DC on embassy row. You should check it out some time! Check out this technology they got goin on: http://www.theislamiccenter.com/

I especially enjoyed the part of this web page that said visitors from the State Department have to make special arrangements to visit this place. Every one else can just show up. WTF!!

It's probably something to do with with stipulation that if you invite law enforcement into a civilian building, they don't need a warrant to conduct an investigation.  Or maybe that's vampires....hmm?......

Frys Girl

It probably has to do with their designation. It's on embassy row, as I said, therefore I think they have some "state" credentials. I think it's just so they can have official records of official visitors like other embassies do. BTW that embassy is a stone's throw from the old Iranian embassy which the USA has seized as part of the iranian assets.

Juan

I miss the Iran-loving Frys Girl.