• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Darrell F Neely: International Man of Mystery (LNM Radio Network)

Started by Richard Groyper, December 11, 2018, 12:00:55 PM

so the other day, Mr. Neely's wife, Katie, decided to post some revealing information regarding her husband Darrell on the WADE GAB Facebook group.

Darrell F. Neely: Navy SEAL, Medal of Honor recipient, Navy Cross recipient, multiple Purple Heart recipient.

His wife also claimed Darrell was "good friends" with Chris Kyle, but didn't know he passed away almost 5 years ago...

Spoiler Alert: Darrell F. Neely is NOT a Navy SEAL, and did NOT receive any of those awards/medals.

here is the list of living Medal of Honor recipients in alphabetical order: (Darrell F. Neely is not on it...)

Lilith

Quote from: brig on December 11, 2018, 12:34:22 PM
Thank You for archiving these documents for us Groyper!

no problem, brig.

of course her excuse for not producing the proper paperwork to prove her claims is Darrell's records are "classified."

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Richard Groyper on December 11, 2018, 12:42:26 PM
no problem, brig.

of course her excuse for not producing the proper paperwork to prove her claims is Darrell's records are "classified."

A good friend of mine, a US Army vet and private investigator, did pro bono "stolen valor" research for the VFW.  His first rule was anyone who claimed to have classified decorations was a fraud.  The circumstances under which a decoration was awarded can be classified, but not the awarding of decoration.

When I was in the B-2 Program Office back in the late 80s, we had a senior NCO who was awarded a medal (MSM?) from his previous assignment.  The citation simply said it was awarded for "outstanding contributions to a significant event that greatly enhanced the defense capabilities of the United States." 

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 11, 2018, 02:37:25 PM
A good friend of mine, a US Army vet and private investigator, did pro bono "stolen valor" research for the VFW.  His first rule was anyone who claimed to have classified decorations was a fraud.  The circumstances under which a decoration was awarded can be classified, but not the awarding of decoration.

When I was in the B-2 Program Office back in the late 80s, we had a senior NCO who was awarded a medal (MSM?) from his previous assignment.  The citation simply said it was awarded for "outstanding contributions to a significant event that greatly enhanced the defense capabilities of the United States."

the Meritorious Service Medal. not too shabby.

Mrs. Neely claims that Darrell was a former SEAL. i will be sending this info to Don Shipley ASAP. i'll let him disprove her claim.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 11, 2018, 02:37:25 PM

Apparently there are "secret" decorations and medals but only in the "alphabet agencies," though often those are made public or become so after death but others, apparently, can be "secret."  Not done in the military, except once, apparently: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshi_H._Miyamura 
"Hiroshi H. "Hershey" Miyamura (born October 6, 1925) is a American retired United States Army soldier and recipient of the Medal of Honor for actions in the Korean War.  While he was held as a prisoner of war, the award was classified as top secret."   

Intelligence Medals that, in some cases, can be classified, apparently:
https://fas.org/irp/cia/product/fact97/medals.htm   

Good work for your friend. Those scammers are awful and should be rooted out and prosecuted (I forget if that law was held up or found unconstitutional though...)

im not interested in the legalities. i just wanted to share this info and expose these lying scumbags.