• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight in the Diner: Tales from the Road

Started by WeinerInHand, November 22, 2018, 01:04:20 PM

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 22, 2018, 06:20:15 PM
And you do all your own lumping? Heckuva workout there even with a good pallet jack and roller.

No, never - I might break a nail...

* It's almost like a union thing.

Metron2267

There we go, Major Kong has got to be in peak condition to ride that nuke in!

WeinerInHand

At 5.8, I'm short enough that I can do squats, toe touches, push ups, and tricep dips while in the truck.
I don't, but I could...

Metron2267

Well I've never seen anything like that on "Ice Road Truckers" - did "reality" TV fail us all again?  ::)

WeinerInHand

Do you remember that show where they went out and repoed big trucks? What a joke! THAT show was a down right lie - so many tracking devices on these things nowadays. Even a black box:
Speed, sway, braking power, length and distance of braking, etc.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 12, 2018, 11:31:54 PM
I use to have warmers and water heaters but I didn't like having all of that stuff in my truck taking up space.
I like to be a minimalistic as possible so if I really need something to be warm, I'll place it in front of my bunk heater for about twenty minutes.

Metron2267

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 22, 2018, 06:38:44 PM
Do you remember that show where they went out and repoed big trucks? What a joke! THAT show was a down right lie - so many tracking devices on these things nowadays. Even a black box:
Speed, sway, braking power, length and distance of braking, etc.

I do recall that one, it was almost as stagey as the Airplane Repo show, which I became quite the fan of.

https://corporatejetinvestor.com/articles/airplane-repos-ken-cage-denies-show-fake-fights-second-season-247/

Love the snakey repo guy:

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 23, 2018, 12:11:37 PM
Mmmm...ever try:

...filling... ;D

I have but I like it better when a restaurant sells it as homemade!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 23, 2018, 02:24:55 PM
A personal favorite.

Howdy! Come on down and sidel on up to The Bellyache Buffet, pardners. Yee Haw! ;D

Metron2267

It's a young man's diet Doc, pass me the oatmeal and bone broth... :P

WeinerInHand

^^^ Me, when I hear people talk about the things they can't eat.

ItsOver

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 23, 2018, 12:11:37 PM
Mmmm...ever try:

...filling... ;D
Gimme some hash, fried up to where it's a little crispy on top, then flip some eggs over it, either over easy or poached.

albrecht

I liked potted meat or deviled ham. On saltines, just to ensure I get enough salt.  Not all the time but sometimes. Reminds me of the outdoors. SPAM is also nice sometimes, fried up on a sandwich or with eggs. I haven't tried the new "fancy" versions of SPAM though.  Thanks for hauling the rendered meat products. It is truckers who keep Americans stocked up!

WeinerInHand

Up at 0200 to run 40,000lbs. of candy bars to St. Louis!

pate

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 23, 2018, 04:10:39 PM

Up at 0200 to run 40,000lbs. of candy bars to St. Louis!

Be a shame if you happened to be driving in front of my house on your way there and hit that massive pot-hole causing a box or two to "fall off the truck..."

(this photo is sure to set off that idjet cat-lady that bitches about my dog pictures, I will note that a dog has to eat its own body-weight in chocolate for it to have the deleterious effects...)

WeinerInHand

Quote from: pate on December 23, 2018, 04:40:47 PM
Be a shame if you happened to be driving in front of my house on your way there and hit that massive pot-hole causing a box or two to "fall off the truck..."

You'd be surprised at how many drivers try to get away with stuff like this!   

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on December 23, 2018, 03:21:45 PM
I liked potted meat or deviled ham. On saltines, just to ensure I get enough salt.  Not all the time but sometimes. Reminds me of the outdoors. SPAM is also nice sometimes, fried up on a sandwich or with eggs. I haven't tried the new "fancy" versions of SPAM though.  Thanks for hauling the rendered meat products. It is truckers who keep Americans stocked up!
I remember in my long-ago college days a fellow student getting me addicted to Armour BBQ sausages, along with Ritz crackers.  Fortunately, I was able to detox from that habit. Damn pushers! ;)

WeinerInHand

Quote from: ItsOver on December 24, 2018, 08:45:44 AM

WIH tip of the day:
Don't forget to mix that gelatin in with some ramen noodles!