• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight in the Diner: Tales from the Road

Started by WeinerInHand, November 22, 2018, 01:04:20 PM

WeinerInHand

Quote from: ItsOver on December 08, 2018, 02:11:39 PM
He was great in Tombstone, along with Kilmer and Boothe.  Speaking of Westerns, one of my favorite Westerns wasn't even set in The West.  I enjoyed watching it last night for the zillionth time.  The rifle is pretty much the star, even with Selleck in it.

He had one of those careers in which he played the part of Magnum P.I. so well that people couldn't shift attention to his other roles.

WeinerInHand

Just a hair under one hundred and twenty bucks right before you get to Joplin, Missouri.

pate

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 08, 2018, 03:09:53 PM
After a long hard day of driving, a trucker needs a hard drink. Not just any old beverage, but one that will calm the nerves after having to keep a steeled eye on the road, ensuring the safety of their fellow travelers.
No, not just any drink will do that...
That driver needs something strong enough to let them know that the day is done, and that iron grip on the steering wheel can be released, and the guard can be let down.
That will take one special drink, indeed.
That truck driver needs to know that they did their part in answering the wants and needs of the American citizenry.
No, not just any beverage will do that...
That special drink is Souix City Sarsparilla.
Only Souix City Sarsparilla has the power to quench a thirst like that. With a bold and smooth taste, made with pure cane sugar and other fine ingredients, they can rest assured that every attempt has been made to meet the high standard of today's modern driver.
And with a bottle full of golden caramel Souix City Sarsparilla: it's our little way of saying "You done good, driver. Welcome home."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg7aEwv4HEQ

I can hear that one guy reading that whole post out loud in its entirety in my head...

Hehe.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: pate on December 08, 2018, 03:26:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg7aEwv4HEQ

I can hear that one guy reading that whole post out loud in it's entirety in my head...

Hehe.

Hahaha- Sam Elliot - EXACTLY !!! 😀😁😂😀

ItsOver

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 08, 2018, 03:12:48 PM
He had one of those careers in which he played the part of Magnum P.I. so well that people couldn't shift attention to his other roles.
While watching Quigley, I almost expected him to grab his Sharps and hop in a Ferrari, instead of on a real horse.

albrecht

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 08, 2018, 03:12:48 PM
Some of his movie choices were bad. Or so bad there were good (like "Folks!")  but he found his own in some Westerns and now, later, as Jesse Stone made-for-tv movies and in Bluebloods. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 08, 2018, 03:09:53 PM
After a long hard day of driving, a trucker needs a hard drink. Not just any old beverage, but one that will calm the nerves after having to keep a steeled eye on the road, ensuring the safety of their fellow travelers.
No, not just any drink will do that...
That driver needs something strong enough to let them know that the day is done, and that iron grip on the steering wheel can be released, and the guard can be let down.
That will take one special drink, indeed.
That truck driver needs to know that they did their part in answering the wants and needs of the American citizenry.
No, not just any beverage will do that...
That special drink is Souix City Sarsparilla.
Only Souix City Sarsparilla has the power to quench a thirst like that. With a bold and smooth taste, made with pure cane sugar and other fine ingredients, they can rest assured that every attempt has been made to meet the high standard of today's modern driver.
And with a bottle full of golden caramel Souix City Sarsparilla: it's our little way of saying "You done good, driver. Welcome home."

That’s a good sarsaparilla.

Tootsie

Hope you had a nice weekend, Weiner   :)

Be careful on the road

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Tootsie Wootsy on December 09, 2018, 09:17:34 AM
Hope you had a nice weekend, Weiner   :)

Be careful on the road

Hey Toots! 29F. in Oklahoma.

Metron2267

Hey Weiner, is that actually Muskogee?

Very cool. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 09, 2018, 05:25:51 PM
Ahhh, I see! I went by the voice...

Well, that’s different too but here’s one you can play while you’re driving up to your next diner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjCoKslQOEs

Lilith

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 09, 2018, 05:24:48 PM

Wait a minute ...this IS Dallas!

Nice pics!  I was through there probably 40 years ago.  Still looks the same.

Spookcat

How many miles have you gone today, weiner?

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 09, 2018, 05:28:14 PM
Well, that’s different too but here’s one you can play while you’re driving up to your next diner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjCoKslQOEs

A self fulfilled prophecy

https://youtu.be/lCgicPdsxxg

WeinerInHand

Quote from: brig on December 09, 2018, 05:41:59 PM
Nice pics!  I was through there probably 40 years ago.  Still looks the same.

It was easy going for a Sunday evening.